You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
Where is Go North East's customer services team based at on a Sunday - some advice is less than good?

For example, someone has asked how to get from The Drive (Felling) or Heworth to Wrekenton, and they recommended the X10 and 28 - they appear to have also forgotten about the 51?

The 51 is £1.50 flat fare and serves both The Drive and Wrekenton, unlike the change which will probably cost about £4, assuming it's £2 to both Gateshead and then Wrekenton (although I think it's more).
Site Administrator
4974 now has route details for service X36, although is missing part of the cat branding.
(28 Apr 2014, 7:29 am)Dan wrote 4974 now has route details for service X36, although is missing part of the cat branding.

When is the news next getting updated
(27 Apr 2014, 8:56 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote What a poorly designed survey and site. Gave up answering it.

The mobile version is actually better than the desktop!
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(28 Apr 2014, 10:40 am)gtom wrote The mobile version is actually better than the desktop!

Yeah, I filled out the mobile version, easy enough to get through
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(28 Apr 2014, 10:20 am)pdiddy wrote When is the news next getting updated

I really don't know I'm afraid. I am trying to keep the fleet lists updated but the news takes a bit more time to do.
Major Problems for Go North East on the Silver Arrows 2A/2C Today, There is Unidentified Laser Solar on there, alongside 2 Red Solars one which I think was 4943, Meanwhile Cadet 8273 was put on the 2C an Hour Ago to Replace a Silver Arrows Citaro which had a Fault of some sort, 8273 which I had on the way Home was leaking Water from the Roof, So I informed the Driver as I got off, so no doubt that'll be Replaced once it gets back into Sunderland in the Next Half an Hour.

Elsewhere there was again a few Streetlites missing on the 60's, Meaning to Red Solars were on in there Place, and also Undentified Yellow MPD was on the 61, And there was atleast 2 Red Solars on the 35's aswell, Finally 628 was actually on the 700 for once as well, Overall a Bad Day for Deptford Allocation wise.
(28 Apr 2014, 2:09 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Major Problems for Go North East on the Silver Arrows 2A/2C Today, There is Unidentified Laser Solar on there, alongside 2 Red Solars one which I think was 4943, Meanwhile Cadet 8273 was put on the 2C an Hour Ago to Replace a Silver Arrows Citaro which had a Fault of some sort, 8273 which I had on the way Home was leaking Water from the Roof, So I informed the Driver as I got off, so no doubt that'll be Replaced once it gets back into Sunderland in the Next Half an Hour.

Elsewhere there was again a few Streetlites missing on the 60's, Meaning to Red Solars were on in there Place, and also Undentified Yellow MPD was on the 61, And there was atleast 2 Red Solars on the 35's aswell, Finally 628 was actually on the 700 for once as well, Overall a Bad Day for Deptford Allocation wise.

Northern Solars on the 35 seems to be a daily occurrence and has been for quite a while now.
Haven't worked out if it is branded Solars are Citaros which are missing though.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(28 Apr 2014, 3:31 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Northern Solars on the 35 seems to be a daily occurrence and has been for quite a while now.
Haven't worked out if it is branded Solars are Citaros which are missing though.

Same with the Silver Arrows as of late with Northern Solars appearing Daily, with the Laser particularly Today I seen more Citaros than I did Solars, But on the flip side it could be a Mixture of the Two where Vehicles have developed a Fault or are simply VOR, Obviously Allocation wise something similar is happening as to what has been going on for Months up at Stanley, Either there are problems within the Engineering Department at the Depots, or it the Vehicles themselves with the problems, either way it needs sorting out.
Site Administrator
Only 'official' fleet news to report for this week is:
Volvo Olympian 3816: S816 FVK has been transferred from Percy Main to Stanley.
This will be, no doubt, to cover for the loss of 3821 which was withdrawn after an RTA.

'Unofficially', both of the Olympians which remained at Percy Main had already been reported to be withdrawn according to employees at said depot.
(28 Apr 2014, 3:50 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Same with the Silver Arrows as of late with Northern Solars appearing Daily, with the Laser particularly Today I seen more Citaros than I did Solars, But on the flip side it could be a Mixture of the Two where Vehicles have developed a Fault or are simply VOR, Obviously Allocation wise something similar is happening as to what has been going on for Months up at Stanley, Either there are problems within the Engineering Department at the Depots, or it the Vehicles themselves with the problems, either way it needs sorting out.

I noted the other day that some of the Citaro's are bubbling up around the wheel arch's and doors, it could be connected or it could be totally irrelevant.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(28 Apr 2014, 3:50 pm)Dan wrote Only 'official' fleet news to report for this week is:
This will be, no doubt, to cover for the loss of 3821 which was withdrawn after an RTA.

'Unofficially', both of the Olympians which remained at Percy Main had already been reported to be withdrawn according to employees at said depot.

When will the 2 Volvo B7s that were replaced by 5337/5338 withdraw the 2 Olympians, only 3(?) are needed for the 15/15A and they still have 5 which would make sense.
Site Administrator
(28 Apr 2014, 3:57 pm)Robert wrote When will the 2 Volvo B7s that were replaced by 5337/5338 withdraw the 2 Olympians, only 3(?) are needed for the 15/15A and they still have 5 which would make sense.

It unfortunately didn't work out quite like that as I alluded to prior to 5337/38 transferring to Stanley.

One vehicle which was replaced by one of those Citaros was 6008, resulting in Stanley only having four Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents. This vehicle was transferred to Deptford to allow for greater flexibility with scholar allocations. Prior to 6008 being transferred to Deptford, 6099/6100 were not 'dedicated spares' for service 56 as they were frequently being allocated to services 9/X3 (owing to the interworking nature with scholars which require double decked vehicles). This resulted in the allocation of a Solar to service 56 - obviously not great when the service is now operated by double deckers with free Wi-Fi and power sockets, hence the requirement of an additional double decker at Deptford. If they are not allocated to service 56, 6099/6100 should now only be allocated to services 20 or 35.

Stanley have now got four Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents for use on service 15/15A. Only three are required, so Stanley have gained an additional spare vehicle. As far as I am aware, there are currently no plans to remove this additional spare vehicle from Stanley.
(28 Apr 2014, 4:07 pm)Dan wrote It unfortunately didn't work out quite like that as I alluded to prior to 5337/38 transferring to Stanley.

One vehicle which was replaced by one of those Citaros was 6008, resulting in Stanley only having four Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents. This vehicle was transferred to Deptford to allow for greater flexibility with scholar allocations. Prior to 6008 being transferred to Deptford, 6099/6100 were not 'dedicated spares' for service 56 as they were frequently being allocated to services 9/X3 (owing to the interworking nature with scholars which require double decked vehicles). This resulted in the allocation of a Solar to service 56 - obviously not great when the service is now operated by double deckers with free Wi-Fi and power sockets, hence the requirement of an additional double decker at Deptford. If they are not allocated to service 56, 6099/6100 should now only be allocated to services 20 or 35.

Stanley have now got four Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents for use on service 15/15A. Only three are required, so Stanley have gained an additional spare vehicle. As far as I am aware, there are currently no plans to remove this additional spare vehicle from Stanley.

what about the 9 as it still needs a decker
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(28 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote I noted the other day that some of the Citaro's are bubbling up around the wheel arch's and doors, it could be connected or it could be totally irrelevant.

I seen the Post, but I haven't seen anything myself, to be honest it could anything, could be similar occurrence of what happened with the Prince Bishops Solars Last Year, Where half of them were VOR and all for Different Reasons.
(28 Apr 2014, 4:28 pm)danpick wrote what about the 9 as it still needs a decker

Uses a Vyking, as Deptford have a few of them lying about.
Site Administrator
(28 Apr 2014, 4:28 pm)danpick wrote what about the 9 as it still needs a decker

Service X3 and service 9 still share the same double decker allocation. Service 9 is typically allocated three Vykings and service X3 is typically allocated one President (although it doesn't really matter as the allocation will just state 'Volvo B7TL'). As Deptford now have 6008, they have got a President to act as a dedicated spare for both of these services and 6099/6100 can resume their role as dedicated spares for service 56 (or if the branded allocation is all on the road, services 20 or 35 instead).

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefle...hp?fleetno=®=&chassis=volvo+b7tl&bodywork=&depot=deptford&livery=&year=
(28 Apr 2014, 4:07 pm)Dan wrote It unfortunately didn't work out quite like that as I alluded to prior to 5337/38 transferring to Stanley.

Sorry, I thought they still had 5 after 6008 had been taken away. My mistake Tongue. They had so many of them at one point and now they have hardly any when they all transferred in return for Olympians Dodgy

Also to help the fleet list up to date 4847 is branded for Beamish service 128 not Northern (as you will probably know) as shown on the fleet list here: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefle...hp?fleetno=®=R847+PRG&chassis=volvo&bodywork=&depot=stanley&livery=&year=
Site Administrator
(28 Apr 2014, 5:41 pm)Robert wrote Sorry, I thought they still had 5 after 6008 had been taken away. My mistake Tongue. They had so many of them at one point and now they have hardly any when they all transferred in return for Olympians Dodgy

Also to help the fleet list up to date 4847 is branded for Beamish service 128 not Northern (as you will probably know) as shown on the fleet list here: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefle...hp?fleetno=®=R847+PRG&chassis=volvo&bodywork=&depot=stanley&livery=&year=

Corrected, and updated with a photo of 4847.
Site Administrator
Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4911 arrived at Saltmeadows this afternoon for repaint into corporate livery.
(28 Apr 2014, 5:54 pm)Dan wrote Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4911 arrived at Saltmeadows this afternoon for repaint into corporate livery.

About time.

Last bus to repainted now until new buses arrive?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(28 Apr 2014, 5:57 pm)Michael wrote About time.

Last bus to repainted now until new buses arrive?

I have a feeling they'll keep the painters busy until more new buses arrive. Tongue
Obviously the other driver trainers will follow in 7079's steps, so there's a few that will be repainted over the coming weeks. Bound to be a few more though. Angel
(28 Apr 2014, 5:58 pm)Dan wrote I have a feeling they'll keep the painters busy until more new buses arrive. Tongue
Obviously the other driver trainers will follow in 7079's steps, so there's a few that will be repainted over the coming weeks. Bound to be a few more though. Angel

Is 4911 staying at Percy Main?
Site Administrator
(28 Apr 2014, 6:02 pm)Tom wrote Is 4911 staying at Percy Main?

I'd guess so. No reason for it to transfer out of Percy Main that I know of!
(28 Apr 2014, 5:58 pm)Dan wrote I have a feeling they'll keep the painters busy until more new buses arrive. Tongue

Anyone got a pic of 7079?

Do u think in the next few months that they will do the Lime ones... reason being to make them look better when selling?, same as the Duel doors B10's?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(28 Apr 2014, 6:06 pm)Michael wrote Anyone got a pic of 7079?

Do u think in the next few months that they will do the Lime ones... reason being to make them look better when selling?, same as the Duel doors B10's?

Too many questions! Wink

7079 should be back at Riverside either today or tomorrow, so might be worth someone going for a walk round the back if they're in the area. Doubt I'll have time.