You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(02 May 2014, 5:08 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Car parking disruption isn't our style. Telt you that before man.
Pop bottles rattling around the saloon, Metro newspapers scattered about the bus and pass holders 'pretending to be' confused with the machine are our techniques.

Crikey - yous must be more widespread than I'd feared by judging on the first two !
(02 May 2014, 7:56 pm)Marcus wrote I see, I sort of eliminated that option because they look like older men and I thought they might have held a high rank like instructor or manager.

So not new recruits then.....There is rota changes coming up at some depots, which may result in different drivers operating different routes.....hence why they are route learning Angel
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(02 May 2014, 7:13 pm)Marcus wrote Dan said he would do it for me last night Big Grin.

I did change the setting to allow memberd to PM you so not sure why it isn't working!
(02 May 2014, 8:04 pm)busman101 wrote Crikey - yous must be more widespread than I'd feared by judging on the first two !

It isn't just me you know.
Had a sympathiser called Trent on our books once. We found he wasn't that useful after GNE clamped down on him posting on their wall 35 times a day.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(02 May 2014, 8:38 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote It isn't just me you know.
Had a sympathiser called Trent on our books once. We found he wasn't that useful after GNE clamped down on him posting on their wall 35 times a day.

I wonder what happened to him, but don't tell me................

He didn't make a lot of sense at times, but then again, he's not alone !
(02 May 2014, 8:54 pm)busman101 wrote I wonder what happened to him, but don't tell me................

He didn't make a lot of sense at times, but then again, he's not alone !

Neither does @palmerjono on twitter. He is one of ours too.
(30 Apr 2014, 5:21 pm)Dan wrote Sunderland is about 12 miles away from Percy Main? Give or take a mile or two? We're getting less and less local...

Why not give the problem cadets (8242-6) back to Deptford, along with 4846 and 4966, with cadets 8267-73 going to riverside(as these seem much more reliable).
(03 May 2014, 4:00 am)park5354 wrote Why not give the problem cadets (8242-6) back to Deptford, along with 4846 and 4966, with cadets 8267-73 going to riverside(as these seem much more reliable).

Why send the problem to Deptford, get Riverside to sort them out. Seems you want the best buses for Riverside.....
(02 May 2014, 9:41 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Neither does @palmerjono on twitter. He is one of ours too.

I've experienced the delights of his tweets in another place, if you see what I mean Smile It was interesting to look into the things that got reported, as many weren't quite right.........
(03 May 2014, 10:56 am)busman101 wrote I've experienced the delights of his tweets in another place, if you see what I mean Smile It was interesting to look into the things that got reported, as many weren't quite right.........

Hopefully he has improved over the years and his facts are a little bit more accurate these days.
The FPF take pride in ensuring agents cause disruption in a professional manner.

If only they had taken charge of the protests at SJP this afternoon!

The fella from a little village just off the A1, who regularly posted on the ANE page back in the day, has absolutely nothing to do with the FPF I am pleased to say.
(03 May 2014, 11:46 am)AIG20 wrote An image of the new "Training Vehicle" livery has been posted on the Go North East Enthusiasts page. It looks much better than its former paint job! Smile

Seen here below:

Looks old fashioned to me, like United Nationals from years back.
(03 May 2014, 11:46 am)AIG20 wrote An image of the new "Training Vehicle" livery has been posted on the Go North East Enthusiasts page. It looks much better than its former paint job! Smile

Seen here below:

Looks smart
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 May 2014, 12:57 pm)Marcus wrote Don't know if anyone's already commented about it, but 3816 has been transferred from Percy Main to Stanley, I would presume to fill in the gap that 3821 left behind.

It has as well as been shown on the Go North East website. I have to say though, riding it was good until the afternoon run going up a bank. Its closer to a Ex-London President than 3814 so I can officially say that 3816 is now the 2nd worst Olympian at Stanley Undecided
(03 May 2014, 1:14 pm)Robert wrote It has as well as been shown on the Go North East website. I have to say though, riding it was good until the afternoon run going up a bank. Its closer to a Ex-London President than 3814 so I can officially say that 3816 is now the 2nd worst Olympian at Stanley Undecided

What happened to 3823, you used to moan on about that one a lot? Tongue
(03 May 2014, 1:16 pm)Marcus wrote What happened to 3823, you used to moan on about that one a lot? Tongue

It got fixed! I rode on it one week and it was slow up banks (used to be the worst as it was slower than 3814) and then the next week I rode on it on the same route and it was fine! I was so shocked Big Grin
(03 May 2014, 1:59 pm)Robert wrote It got fixed! I rode on it one week and it was slow up banks (used to be the worst as it was slower than 3814) and then the next week I rode on it on the same route and it was fine! I was so shocked Big Grin

When 3821, 3822 and 3825 were at Chester following the withdrawal of the Palatine 1's, they were amongst the most reliable vehicles in the depot in my opinion. The problem was, time was catching up with them (some driver's thought they were from the mid 80s depsite me trying to tell them that the builder's plate right next to the door clearly stated 1998). The SDM for the 56 and 20 at the minute is Cath Bell, and she used to drive my scholars service before she moved to Deptford just over a year ago. She would do the 844 in the morning with the contracted 3983 (thats why it rarely does any non-scholars work unless on weekends, because it is always allocated to the 844), and then the 887 on the evening, normally with 3821, 3822 or 3825 or a Northern decker. Cath and me got on really well, but from time to time when we had one of those 3 Pally 2s a couple of incidents happened;

In about early March a couple of weeks before she left, an elderly woman got onboard. The vehicle if I recall was 3822, and as soon as she closed the doors, she found the bus could not move. Everybody blamed the unexpected passenger Tongue

Less than a week later, we had 3821. She told me it had been on the pits all day because it had a problem with it's hand brake, so she had to have her hand down on it every second of the journey otherwise it would give way. As we soared up Front Street, a kid jumped over the railing and down the stairs. He was unharmed, but she was worried and briefly stopped to check he was okay. Suddenly, the bus couldn't move at all. We were all stranded on the bank going up Front Street, and about half a dozen buses in each direction were queueing because both sides of the road was blocked (we had just swerved to go around a Gregg's van Tongue). From what I gathered, (I was fine because I was about to get off anyway) they were there for about an hour with several engineers desperatley trying to get 3821 moving again.

3825 was fine, and I think it was suited to the 887. I was quite dissappointed when it got sent up to Stanley, but at least you get to benefit from it Tongue
Site Administrator
(03 May 2014, 6:59 pm)Marcus wrote Looks nasty Undecided, is it on fire or just smoke coming out?

Not sure - just looks like the bit as you come off the A19 so thought I'd note it in case anyone was planning on a tight connection using the TTX. If there's a fire engine or whatever there, could be delays.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(03 May 2014, 6:59 pm)Marcus wrote Looks nasty Undecided, is it on fire or just smoke coming out?

Looks really bad

(03 May 2014, 7:03 pm)Dan wrote Not sure - just looks like the bit as you come off the A19 so thought I'd note it in case anyone was planning on a tight connection using the TTX. If there's a fire engine or whatever there, could be delays.

It is the last roundabout between the Moorcock and The Bus Station, should only affect the X9 and whatever Arriva runs round there(22, 24???)
(03 May 2014, 11:39 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Hopefully he has improved over the years and his facts are a little bit more accurate these days.
The FPF take pride in ensuring agents cause disruption in a professional manner.

If only they had taken charge of the protests at SJP this afternoon!

The fella from a little village just off the A1, who regularly posted on the ANE page back in the day, has absolutely nothing to do with the FPF I am pleased to say.

I'd have thought that person from the small village just off the A1 would have been your 2nd in command in the FPF ! He'd have done a good job with the SJP protest this afternoon as he successfully stopped council houses getting built in said village - you never know, the residents might have used the bus and saved it from being axed going around his village Shy
(03 May 2014, 5:58 pm)Marcus wrote When 3821, 3822 and 3825 were at Chester following the withdrawal of the Palatine 1's, they were amongst the most reliable vehicles in the depot in my opinion. The problem was, time was catching up with them (some driver's thought they were from the mid 80s depsite me trying to tell them that the builder's plate right next to the door clearly stated 1998). The SDM for the 56 and 20 at the minute is Cath Bell, and she used to drive my scholars service before she moved to Deptford just over a year ago. She would do the 844 in the morning with the contracted 3983 (thats why it rarely does any non-scholars work unless on weekends, because it is always allocated to the 844), and then the 887 on the evening, normally with 3821, 3822 or 3825 or a Northern decker. Cath and me got on really well, but from time to time when we had one of those 3 Pally 2s a couple of incidents happened;

In about early March a couple of weeks before she left, an elderly woman got onboard. The vehicle if I recall was 3822, and as soon as she closed the doors, she found the bus could not move. Everybody blamed the unexpected passenger Tongue

Less than a week later, we had 3821. She told me it had been on the pits all day because it had a problem with it's hand brake, so she had to have her hand down on it every second of the journey otherwise it would give way. As we soared up Front Street, a kid jumped over the railing and down the stairs. He was unharmed, but she was worried and briefly stopped to check he was okay. Suddenly, the bus couldn't move at all. We were all stranded on the bank going up Front Street, and about half a dozen buses in each direction were queueing because both sides of the road was blocked (we had just swerved to go around a Gregg's van Tongue). From what I gathered, (I was fine because I was about to get off anyway) they were there for about an hour with several engineers desperatley trying to get 3821 moving again.

3825 was fine, and I think it was suited to the 887. I was quite dissappointed when it got sent up to Stanley, but at least you get to benefit from it Tongue

Havent had it for a while now but it is one of the best Olympians based here. I suppose by personal rankings would be as follows:
1. 3831
2. 3825
3. 3833
4. 3832
5. 3813
6. 3822
7. 3830
8. 3823
9. 3824
10. 3828
11. 3829
12. 3816
13. 3814
(All of above judged by their engine sound and performance up Maiden Law/Howden Bank, Lanchester)
Just a few commenta/observations from today.

Saw a Solar bendi scooting along Market St tonight. Didn't catch what it was on.

When passing through Gateshead, a NIS 10 branded Gemini, was in the layover area (facing the wrong way) with a guy in a high viz letting a load of kids on.
When in the town, a NIS 10 branded Gemini was whizzing back and forth along streets the 10 doesn't go along.

Does anyone have any info or explanations about the sightings?

(03 May 2014, 8:11 pm)busman101 wrote I'd have thought that person from the small village just off the A1 would have been your 2nd in command in the FPF ! He'd have done a good job with the SJP protest this afternoon as he successfully stopped council houses getting built in said village - you never know, the residents might have used the bus and saved it from being axed going around his village Shy

Nah, doesn't meet the FPF requirements.

You cant seriously be comparing me and him - can you?
Site Administrator
As reported in this news article, Go North East have sent fourteen vehicles for today's North East Bus & Coach show hosted at the Metrocentre.