Menu

Pages (96)    116 17 1896   
best team in the north eastPoll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
sunderland
9 (50.00%)
newcastle
6 (33.33%)
middlesbourgh
0 (0%)
hartlepool
0 (0%)
gateshead
1 (5.56%)
south shields
1 (5.56%)
jarrow & boldon roofing
1 (5.56%)
other
0 (0%)
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
MrFozz   03 May 2014, 7:41 am
(03 May 2014, 7:24 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote It's squeaky bum time this weekend and I'm not just talking about Max Clifford!

In eight years his hole will be bigger than the Greek Treasurys budget deficit...

Tomorrow Gateshead lock horns with Grimsby in the 2nd half of there play off tie, Play Offs are funny old games, Gateshead are the form team right now, but games like this sees the formbook ripped up, Gary Mills cannot seem to do anything wrong right now...

Whatever happens tomorrow, Gateshead can be very proud of themselves and come out of this with there heads held very high, I wonder where they would be if Gary Mills had been in there for all 46 league games...

If Gateshead fall tomorrow, then just getting to the play offs this year is an amazing achievement, just a few years ago, they were in the Northern Premier League playing the likes of Skelmersdale and Whitby Town...

Gateshead in the League can only be good for football in the North East
MurdnunoC   03 May 2014, 2:15 pm
I went to pick up my tickets for the Gateshead match earlier today and stayed to watch Gateshead train for a short while afterwards.

It would be great to see Gateshead gain promotion to League 2 but, even if they don't, the extra revenue generated from their last few home games should hopefully bolster their finances enough to strengthen squad in preparation for a renewed push next season.
DanPicken   03 May 2014, 3:54 pm
cardiff and fulham in championship and carlisle in league 2 and sunderland beat man utd 1-0
MrFozz   03 May 2014, 5:25 pm
(03 May 2014, 2:15 pm)AdamY wrote I went to pick up my tickets for the Gateshead match earlier today and stayed to watch Gateshead train for a short while afterwards.

It would be great to see Gateshead gain promotion to League 2 but, even if they don't, the extra revenue generated from their last few home games should hopefully bolster their finances enough to strengthen squad in preparation for a renewed push next season.

The players and management should be damn proud win, lose or draw...If they miss out I expect to Mills to make an all out assault on the League...

(03 May 2014, 3:54 pm)danpick wrote cardiff and fulham in championship and carlisle in league 2 and sunderland beat man utd 1-0

Amazing recovery lately, just over 2 weeks ago one loss would have relegated them, they have gone on to pick 10 pts from the last 12 and only need 1 point against the Baggies this midweek to ensure safety
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   04 May 2014, 6:47 am
Unable to get down to see Gateshead today, but hopefully they will be able to put in a shift and get to Wembley.

Just reading this article about Sunderland in The Guardian.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014...-deduction

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
MrFozz   04 May 2014, 7:09 am
(04 May 2014, 6:47 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Unable to get down to see Gateshead today, but hopefully they will be able to put in a shift and get to Wembley.

Just reading this article about Sunderland in The Guardian.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014...-deduction

They can use Wimbedon ane Altrincham and any case they want, the fact is, those clubs ARE NOT governed by the Premier League as Sunderland are, if Sunderland were in the Championship they would have lost points...

But the Premier League Rulebook states:

Premier League rule 6.9 

“Any club found to have played an ineligible player in a match shall have any points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a fine. 

“The company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is related to the player's status only."

Going by that, I cannot see what argument this so called 'gang of three' have...

This will only heat up more if Sunderland take a point in Midweek
Andreos1   04 May 2014, 2:35 pm
(04 May 2014, 7:09 am)marxistafozzski wrote They can use Wimbedon ane Altrincham and any case they want, the fact is, those clubs ARE NOT governed by the Premier League as Sunderland are, if Sunderland were in the Championship they would have lost points...

But the Premier League Rulebook states:

Going by that, I cannot see what argument this so called 'gang of three' have...

This will only heat up more if Sunderland take a point in Midweek

It's a right mess.
The gang of three obviously think they have a case - but it is yet another example of Premier League rules being challenged after the farce with West Ham and Sheffield Utd a few years back.

On a more positive note, the day evolved in a way I didn't plan - so at the game. Hopefully it wont rain cos I ain't under the roof.

Michael   04 May 2014, 2:40 pm
They still going on about Ji?

In the games he played we didn't pick up any points at all

Don't see why teams are moaning, the club picked up the error and reported it themselves to the premier league people.

The club, like many.. didn't know that they had to re-apply for international clearance after coming back from being on loan.

They should be giving us points for playing him haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   04 May 2014, 2:49 pm
(04 May 2014, 2:35 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote It's a right mess.
The gang of three obviously think they have a case - but it is yet another example of Premier League rules being challenged after the farce with West Ham and Sheffield Utd a few years back.

On a more positive note, the day evolved in a way I didn't plan - so at the game. Hopefully it wont rain cos I ain't under the roof.

I honestly can see why the gang of 3 are pissed off, I think as a fan I would be narked about it if it was a rival club, but as has been posted already, the Rule Book states the League can use there discretion when it comes to a points deduction...

(04 May 2014, 2:40 pm)Michael wrote They still going on about Ji?

In the games he played we didn't pick up any points at all

Don't see why teams are moaning, the club picked up the error and reported it themselves to the premier league people.

The club, like many.. didn't know that they had to re-apply for international clearance after coming back from being on loan.

They should be giving us points for playing him haha

1 point at Southampton and even then, I think he was only a sub possibly
Michael   04 May 2014, 2:54 pm
(04 May 2014, 2:49 pm)marxistafozzski wrote I honestly can see why the gang of 3 are pissed off, I think as a fan I would be narked about it if it was a rival club, but as has been posted already, the Rule Book states the League can use there discretion when it comes to a points deduction...

1 point at Southampton and even then, I think he was only a sub possibly

Ah ye, they just moaning cause there down, it's being sorted, don't know why they keep bringing it up

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   04 May 2014, 3:11 pm
(04 May 2014, 2:54 pm)Michael wrote Ah ye, they just moaning cause there down, it's being sorted, don't know why they keep bringing it up

Be honest Michael, if the shoe was on the other foot, how would you, as a SAFC fan react...

I can see there argument, but Cardiff and Fulham are wasting there time anyway, there down regardless of a pts deduction for Sunderland...

I cant see the League imposing a pts deduction, West Ham got off without one and there situation was much more serious than this, they came away with 5m quid fine...

The Premier League should think about revising the rules 6.9 in particular and write so that it will always be a pts deductable offence
Michael   04 May 2014, 3:13 pm
(04 May 2014, 3:11 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Be honest Michael, if the shoe was on the other foot, how would you, as a SAFC fan react...

I can see there argument, but Cardiff and Fulham are wasting there time anyway, there down regardless of a pts deduction for Sunderland...

I cant see the League imposing a pts deduction, West Ham got off without one and there situation was much more serious than this, they came away with 5m quid fine...

The Premier League should think about revising the rules 6.9 in particular and write so that it will always be a pts deductable offence

Would depend on how it all panned out, if we went all season playing him and we knew, fair enough, points should of being took off us.

The premier league does need to be more clear about the rules.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   04 May 2014, 3:14 pm
Both teams, team news:
Gateshead:

01 Bartlett, 16 Baxter, 02 Magnay, 08 Turnbull, 05 Curtis, 06 Clark, 04 Chandler, 29 Oster, 07 Larkin, 18 Marwood,25 Maddison

Substitutes: 09 Hatch,17 Walker, 19 Lester,21 Ramshaw,38 O'Donnell

Grimsby Town:

13 McKeown,02 Hatton, 03 Thomas,08 Disley,06 Doig,30 Boyce,23 Rodman, 04 Kerr,17 Hannah, 11 Neilson,14 John-Lewis

Substitutes: 09 Cook,18 Thanoj,26 McLaughlin,27 Fyfield,28 Tounkara
Ref: Kevin Johnson

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   04 May 2014, 3:17 pm
(04 May 2014, 3:14 pm)Michael wrote Gateshead team news:

Gateshead Team V Grimsby Town : Bartlett, Magnay, Chandler, Curtis, Clark, Larkin, Turnbull, Baxter, Marwood, Maddison, Oster.

Gateshead Subs V Grimsby Town: Hatch, Walker, Lester, Ramshaw, O'Donnell.

Hopefully the defenders manage to stay injury free. The bench is made up of midfielders and strikers!

MrFozz   04 May 2014, 5:12 pm
(04 May 2014, 3:13 pm)Michael wrote Would depend on how it all panned out, if we went all season playing him and we knew, fair enough, points should of being took off us.

The premier league does need to be more clear about the rules.

I think what has upset a lot of people is that was all done on the quiet and on a need to know basis, if it was not leaked we would be none the wiser, I understand why it was hushed up, they were dealt a double blow, as they were punished by the Football League as well as Ji featured in the Milton Keynes cup game...Sunderland were in the Semi-Final when the punishment came about, and I believe 1 reason for keeping schtum about it was because the calls for them to be kicked out would have been huge and I reckon the FL let them stay in the Cup to protect the Cup, which again, I can see why that course of action was probably taken, booting a team out of the last 4 would have been a bit of a shitty way to give Man Utd a a bye to the Final...

Now, as for the League Cup, I was thinking

1. They should have took the prize money away what they had earned up to the Final

OR

2. Expelled from the competition next season

If Sunderland where in the Championship they would most likely get a pts deduction
MrFozz   04 May 2014, 5:26 pm
Congratulations to Gateshead, 90 minutes from League 2 after 54 years...

#heed@wembley Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   04 May 2014, 5:28 pm
Amazing scenes at Gateshead. I really hope they make it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
MrFozz   04 May 2014, 6:53 pm
(04 May 2014, 5:28 pm)aureolin wrote Amazing scenes at Gateshead. I really hope they make it.

I hope so too, there is pretty much 2 whole generations who have never seen League Football in Gateshead...

Although Play Offs are unpredictable and a bit of a lottery, I cannot see anything other than a Gateshead victory at Wembley, they are the form team right now, Gary Mills has got them playing football worthy enough of the football league...

DID YOU KNOW...

Sometime in 1960's Gateshead made an unsuccessful to join the Scottish League
MurdnunoC   04 May 2014, 7:15 pm
It was a thoroughly enjoyable match; full of drama with three pitch invasions, two sendings off, a lively crowd of 8000 and goals galore.
Andreos1   04 May 2014, 9:32 pm
Fantastic day at the International Stadium.

Chuffed to bits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adam   04 May 2014, 10:25 pm
Que sera sera. Whatever will be will be. I'm going to Wembley. Que sera sera! Big Grin

Still hasn't sunk in yet. I'm feeling bloody excellent at the minute. Been celebrating with my family so I'm a tad drunk bit hey ho Smile
MrFozz   04 May 2014, 11:03 pm
(04 May 2014, 10:25 pm)Adam wrote Que sera sera. Whatever will be will be. I'm going to Wembley. Que sera sera! Big Grin

Still hasn't sunk in yet. I'm feeling bloody excellent at the minute. Been celebrating with my family so I'm a tad drunk bit hey ho Smile

I am not speaking as a Darlington fan, I am speaking as a lover of football when I say congratulations, enjoy yourself and whatever the outcome, your team has done you proud...

See you soon my friend, hopefully when in league 2 ourselves Big Grin
Adam   04 May 2014, 11:19 pm
(04 May 2014, 11:03 pm)marxistafozzski wrote I am not speaking as a Darlington fan, I am speaking as a lover of football when I say congratulations, enjoy yourself and whatever the outcome, your team has done you proud...

See you soon my friend, hopefully when in league 2 ourselves Big Grin

Thank you. Mills and the team have done a bloody grand job this year. As I'm sure you're aware, this is the first time Gateshead have been at Wembley, so all sorts of records have already been broken.

I really hope Darlington bounce back soon enough. I was gutted the other night when they got beat off Ramsbottom Sad
MrFozz   04 May 2014, 11:22 pm
(04 May 2014, 11:19 pm)Adam wrote Thank you. Mills and the team have done a bloody grand job this year. As I'm sure you're aware, this is the first time Gateshead have been at Wembley, so all sorts of records have already been broken.

I really hope Darlington bounce back soon enough. I was gutted the other night when they got beat off Ramsbottom Sad

The good thing about Mills, he learnt from the best manager England never had, I am of course talking about Brian Clough when Mills was a player at Forest

I was more angry about the referee than the defeat(basically we were shite), some of his decisions were absolutely scandalous!!!

But we are still on course to achieve the goal set in 2012, get back home asap and 2 promotions in 3 years, so I am not too dissapointed as we are now on course to achieve both in the next 12 months Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   05 May 2014, 8:37 am
(04 May 2014, 11:19 pm)Adam wrote Thank you. Mills and the team have done a bloody grand job this year. As I'm sure you're aware, this is the first time Gateshead have been at Wembley, so all sorts of records have already been broken.

Are you going to Wembley?

MrFozz   05 May 2014, 8:38 am
(05 May 2014, 8:37 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Are you going to Wembley?

How about you mate, will you make the trip
Andreos1   05 May 2014, 8:47 am
(05 May 2014, 8:38 am)marxistafozzski wrote How about you mate, will you make the trip

Very tempted.
Will see what happens tomorrow when the announcement is made about prices and allocations.

MrFozz   05 May 2014, 9:12 am
(05 May 2014, 8:47 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Very tempted.
Will see what happens tomorrow when the announcement is made about prices and allocations.

Sure it will be a good day out.

Is it on TV do you know, who has the Conference TV Package these days???
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   05 May 2014, 9:20 am
I'm also tempted by Wembley depending on how much it will all cost.

However, price isn't the only factor I have to consider. Although I'm off work on the 18th, I'm at a wedding on the 16th and, unfortunately, have work on the 17th finishing at 10pm. Also, it looks like I might have some sort of appointment on Monday 19th - so, if I go to down to London, it'll have to be a one-day affair rather than a two-day trip which would be my preference.
MrFozz   05 May 2014, 9:24 am
(05 May 2014, 9:20 am)AdamY wrote I'm also tempted by Wembley depending on how much it will all cost.

However, price isn't the only factor I have to consider. Although I'm off work on the 18th, I'm at a wedding on the 16th and, unfortunately, have work on the 17th finishing at 10pm. Also, it looks like I might have some sort of appointment on Monday 19th - so, if I go to down to London, it'll have to be a one-day affair rather than a two-day trip which would be my preference.

Nice meeting you yesterday btw mate...

Can be a bit of a drag doing LDN and back in a day, 3hrs on a train to LKX then using the tube and so on, sounds like a hectic schedule for you if you decide to go
Pages (96)    116 17 1896