You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(24 May 2014, 4:25 pm)Marcus wrote I quite like that livery. Seems to almost go with the Versa.

I suppose with the QuayLink being round for about four years, a yellow Versa is nothing new. But I agree, the Tynedale Links branding does certainly suit the vehicle!
(24 May 2014, 4:26 pm)BJ10VUS wrote I suppose with the QuayLink being round for about four years, a yellow Versa is nothing new. But I agree, the Tynedale Links branding does certainly suit the vehicle!

I agree. Perhaps if GNE happen to lose the QuayLink contract or decide to withdraw from it, I suppose those Versas could just be distributed out, and maybe a few could go on for the Tynedale Links; baring in mind it would help still having the yellow base livery.
(24 May 2014, 4:21 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote A number of Wright vehicles have them. The windows have been used for donkeys years.

I've just never sat and looked hard at the window glass before.

I wonder what else I've been missing?
Its a good choice putting renowns on 5 but in my opinion it won't last long like that time wear tees express got renowns on X7 I had a feeling a year later they would end up red and replaced with brilliant citaros same thing to crusader when we had renowns I said they were not gonna last long on there almost but not quiet a year they got replaced by the magnificent Mercedez Benz Citaros which I said in the 1st place there ideal for that route me and my good mate was having a discussion well before renowns entered service on 27 and we both said Citaros would do great on the service and they have proven popular with me and the locals
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(24 May 2014, 4:40 pm)G-CPTN wrote I've just never sat and looked hard at the window glass before.

I wonder what else I've been missing?

Trying to remember how long Tyneside Glass has been used.
Wrights have used them for donkeys years - possibly as far back as the Handybus.

Pretty sure other vehicles have used them too (either as standard or replacement), just cant picture them 100%.

It has been a while either way.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(25 May 2014, 11:03 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote 500 service is running today with an allocation of 3875, 6022 & 6036. Also van 1020 parked next to bus turning area at Durham Railway Station.

I'm watching from my window. I can see a few coaches parked up in the Riverside Pavilion Coach Park.
(24 May 2014, 4:31 pm)Marcus wrote I agree. Perhaps if GNE happen to lose the QuayLink contract or decide to withdraw from it, I suppose those Versas could just be distributed out, and maybe a few could go on for the Tynedale Links; baring in mind it would help still having the yellow base livery.

They've faded pretty badly, so would probably require a repaint in my opinion, but they'd be great on the busier 'Tynedale Links' routes like the 74.
(25 May 2014, 12:40 pm)BJ10VUS wrote They've faded pretty badly, so would probably require a repaint in my opinion, but they'd be great on the busier 'Tynedale Links' routes like the 74.

The demands of the roads could put their bodywork through the rattle test! Big Grin
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Talking of the AD122, seen a Dart go past earlier on the 1030 Brampton to Hexham via everywhere service, 5-10 late.

It doesn't seem to go through Longbyre Village - instead, it just goes straight past on the B6318. It isn't timetabled on the timetable but for the sake of 30 seconds, it could just go through the village (with designated bus stops) and possibly pick someone up/ drop them off?
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(25 May 2014, 12:47 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote The demands of the roads could put their bodywork through the rattle test! Big Grin

Yeah, true. They'll probably be dead anyway after five years of Dean Street bank! Tongue
(25 May 2014, 1:07 pm)northern156 wrote Talking of the AD122, seen a Dart go past earlier on the 1030 Brampton to Hexham via everywhere service, 5-10 late.

It doesn't seem to go through Longbyre Village - instead, it just goes straight past on the B6318. It isn't timetabled on the timetable but for the sake of 30 seconds, it could just go through the village (with designated bus stops) and possibly pick someone up/ drop them off?

According to TransportDirect, it is timetabled to operate via Longbyre Village, so either that is wrong, or maybe it's just the driver going the wrong way? Either way, it would make sense to operate via the village as it is only a slight detour.

.png 64.png
(25 May 2014, 1:13 pm)BJ10VUS wrote According to TransportDirect, it is timetabled to operate via Longbyre Village, so either that is wrong, or maybe it's just the driver going the wrong way? Either way, it would make sense to operate via the village as it is only a slight detour.
Oh dear. We've had this problem in the past with Arriva.

Worth an email to Customer Services?

(25 May 2014, 1:23 pm)northern156 wrote Oh dear. We've had this problem in the past with Arriva.

Worth an email to Customer Services?

Probably... like I say, it might be a one-off, but if it's not, then definately!
(24 May 2014, 10:53 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Trying to remember how long Tyneside Glass has been used.
Wrights have used them for donkeys years - possibly as far back as the Handybus.

Pretty sure other vehicles have used them too (either as standard or replacement), just cant picture them 100%.

It has been a while either way.

Seen Tyneside Toughened glass on buses and trains in Belgium and the Netherlands.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
(25 May 2014, 1:24 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Probably... like I say, it might be a one-off, but if it's not, then definately!

AD122 isn't registered to run via Longbyre Village due to concerns about being able to get through the village due to poor parking - it does stop on the outskirts of the village on the main road instead
(25 May 2014, 8:54 pm)Marcus wrote I think both are normally Single Deckers. Several times on the X22 I've had a B10BLE, and once on a Sunday on the X43 I had 5337.

Cheers Smile
(25 May 2014, 9:07 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Heard loads of people moan about the whey aye five o branding how it covers the window nice branding and that but think the bit covering the window needs to be a bit shorter

Just recently? As in since the OmniCities were out on?

I use it fairly regularly, but I've never heard any complaints about branding. In fact I've only ever heard compliments.
(25 May 2014, 6:58 pm)busman101 wrote AD122 isn't registered to run via Longbyre Village due to concerns about being able to get through the village due to poor parking - it does stop on the outskirts of the village on the main road instead
Would have been nice if this was properly advertised on the timetable! Parking has always been an issue, but hell - the Arriva DAFs used to get through, even with outrageous parking, so I don't know how a Pointer can't?!

(25 May 2014, 9:34 pm)northern156 wrote Would have been nice if this was properly advertised on the timetable! Parking has always been an issue, but hell - the Arriva DAFs used to get through, even with outrageous parking, so I don't know how a Pointer can't?!

Why would it be on the timetable when it does not run through the Village, cannot put every stop on it?
(25 May 2014, 9:44 pm)speedwheels22 wrote I don't mind the branding its nice but covers half of window maniny old ppl complain about it

Old people complain about everything to do with buses! Tongue
(25 May 2014, 8:54 pm)Marcus wrote I think both are normally Single Deckers. Several times on the X22 I've had a B10BLE, and once on a Sunday on the X43 I had 5337.

When Sunday workings for x22 were introduced around Xmas it was a double. Outside of that peak it's always been a single. I think the bi hourly Sunday x22 inter works with the 14 (?)
(25 May 2014, 8:51 pm)Tom wrote Does anyone know the usual sunday allocations for the X22 and X43?

I was in Durham yesterday and the X22 / 14 was using Solars, I did not get the fleet numbers but I can confirm that they are the ones that used to be allocated to the 50.
It has been the same in recent weeks with just the odd exception of a Renown.