North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Wrestling

Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43) Previous 16 7 843 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

27 May 2014, 12:47 pm #121
(27 May 2014, 12:44 pm)AdamY I use a variety of sources. Chikara, prior to their hiatus last year, used to release weekly podcasts via Youtube which documented the latest storyline developments in addition to airing featured matches from the promotion. Presumably, they will continue to do this now that the promotion is back.

New Japan Pro Wrestling, arguably the second placed promotion after WWE, also release matches and events via Youtube as do Mexican promotions CMLL and AAA.

People, of course, sometimes rip matches from DVD's and post them to YouTube, Daily Motion and Vimeo. Through this, pretty much every promotion in the world is covered to some extent. You just have to know what to search for and where to look I suppose.

Here's one of Chikara's old weekly podcasts. This one covers their annual 'King of Trios' event from 2009 featuring current WWE wrestlers Antonio Cesaro (then known as Claudio Castagnoli) and Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson); and British wrestling legend Johnny Saint

Many thanks for that mate...will you send me the invite for the torrent sites you go on plz, I would appreciate it a lot...
MrFozz
27 May 2014, 12:47 pm #121

(27 May 2014, 12:44 pm)AdamY I use a variety of sources. Chikara, prior to their hiatus last year, used to release weekly podcasts via Youtube which documented the latest storyline developments in addition to airing featured matches from the promotion. Presumably, they will continue to do this now that the promotion is back.

New Japan Pro Wrestling, arguably the second placed promotion after WWE, also release matches and events via Youtube as do Mexican promotions CMLL and AAA.

People, of course, sometimes rip matches from DVD's and post them to YouTube, Daily Motion and Vimeo. Through this, pretty much every promotion in the world is covered to some extent. You just have to know what to search for and where to look I suppose.

Here's one of Chikara's old weekly podcasts. This one covers their annual 'King of Trios' event from 2009 featuring current WWE wrestlers Antonio Cesaro (then known as Claudio Castagnoli) and Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson); and British wrestling legend Johnny Saint

Many thanks for that mate...will you send me the invite for the torrent sites you go on plz, I would appreciate it a lot...

MurdnunoC

02 Jun 2014, 4:42 pm #122
I haven't watched it yet, but Payback seems to be getting some pretty good reviews with the Cena/Wyatt match being described as the 'Best Last Man Standing Match' ever.

Did anyone watch it?

Is it worth checking out?
MurdnunoC
02 Jun 2014, 4:42 pm #122

I haven't watched it yet, but Payback seems to be getting some pretty good reviews with the Cena/Wyatt match being described as the 'Best Last Man Standing Match' ever.

Did anyone watch it?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

02 Jun 2014, 4:43 pm #123
Gonna a download it later on myself
MrFozz
02 Jun 2014, 4:43 pm #123

Gonna a download it later on myself

MurdnunoC

02 Jun 2014, 5:00 pm #124
I'm busy watching New Japan's annual Best of the Super Juniors tournament at the moment.

I would really love to see either Mascara Dorada or Ricochet win the tournament although Ricochet (representing Dragon Gate) is reportedly WWE-bound soon so politics may come in to play here. Incidentally, last years' winner, the Irish-born Prince Devitt, has recently been signed by WWE. Along with WWE NXT's Adrian Neville (who got to the Semi's in 2012), Dorada and Ricochet are two of the most spectacular aerialists in the world. Things have moved up a notch since the days of Rey Mysterio.

MurdnunoC
02 Jun 2014, 5:00 pm #124

I'm busy watching New Japan's annual Best of the Super Juniors tournament at the moment.

I would really love to see either Mascara Dorada or Ricochet win the tournament although Ricochet (representing Dragon Gate) is reportedly WWE-bound soon so politics may come in to play here. Incidentally, last years' winner, the Irish-born Prince Devitt, has recently been signed by WWE. Along with WWE NXT's Adrian Neville (who got to the Semi's in 2012), Dorada and Ricochet are two of the most spectacular aerialists in the world. Things have moved up a notch since the days of Rey Mysterio.

Malarkey

02 Jun 2014, 5:45 pm #125
(02 Jun 2014, 4:42 pm)AdamY I haven't watched it yet, but Payback seems to be getting some pretty good reviews with the Cena/Wyatt match being described as the 'Best Last Man Standing Match' ever.

Did anyone watch it?

I stopped up and watched it, Cena/Wyatt was a Brilliant Match, and The Shield vs Evolution was a good Watch also, the other Matches were rather lackluster and pointless to be honest.
Malarkey
02 Jun 2014, 5:45 pm #125

(02 Jun 2014, 4:42 pm)AdamY I haven't watched it yet, but Payback seems to be getting some pretty good reviews with the Cena/Wyatt match being described as the 'Best Last Man Standing Match' ever.

Did anyone watch it?

I stopped up and watched it, Cena/Wyatt was a Brilliant Match, and The Shield vs Evolution was a good Watch also, the other Matches were rather lackluster and pointless to be honest.

MurdnunoC

02 Jun 2014, 9:30 pm #126
There's two indy-wrestling events on this month in Newcastle.

Sunday 22nd June sees Tidal Championship Wrestling's "20,000 Leagues Under the Tyne"

[Image: 10371987_10152137640526546_1518818374094716363_n.jpg]

And on Friday 27th June, Main Event Wrestling presents "Masked Vengance"

[Image: Bl1a0sAIIAAD8DN.jpg]

Anyone up for going?

Personally, I'd choose the TCW event as it appears to feature better UK talent such as Noam Dar, El Ligero, Rampage Brown, The Bucky Boyz and GRADO!!, who was the focus of a BBC documentary about wrestling last year.

Edited 02 Jun 2014, 9:31 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
02 Jun 2014, 9:30 pm #126

There's two indy-wrestling events on this month in Newcastle.

Sunday 22nd June sees Tidal Championship Wrestling's "20,000 Leagues Under the Tyne"

[Image: 10371987_10152137640526546_1518818374094716363_n.jpg]

And on Friday 27th June, Main Event Wrestling presents "Masked Vengance"

[Image: Bl1a0sAIIAAD8DN.jpg]

Anyone up for going?

Personally, I'd choose the TCW event as it appears to feature better UK talent such as Noam Dar, El Ligero, Rampage Brown, The Bucky Boyz and GRADO!!, who was the focus of a BBC documentary about wrestling last year.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jun 2014, 8:27 am #127
So Raw was interesting the other night. Batista took his ball and went home turning his back on Evolution, at the end of the show, HHH announced his plan B...Seth Rollins turned heel on the Shield...

Where do people see this going, will The Shield bring in a new man or is this the end for the hounds of justice, I actually thought Ambrose would have been the one to turn, not Rollins
MrFozz
05 Jun 2014, 8:27 am #127

So Raw was interesting the other night. Batista took his ball and went home turning his back on Evolution, at the end of the show, HHH announced his plan B...Seth Rollins turned heel on the Shield...

Where do people see this going, will The Shield bring in a new man or is this the end for the hounds of justice, I actually thought Ambrose would have been the one to turn, not Rollins

MurdnunoC

05 Jun 2014, 5:09 pm #128
(05 Jun 2014, 8:27 am)marxistafozzski So Raw was interesting the other night. Batista took his ball and went home turning his back on Evolution, at the end of the show, HHH announced his plan B...Seth Rollins turned heel on the Shield...

I think it was the right decision to turn Rollins heel.

I can understand why Ambrose may seem like the obvious choice to some. However, in addition to being sneaky and probably untrustworthy, I think his character also comes across as unhinged and non-conformist. The current version of Evolution comes across as conformist, yielding to corporate whimsy and I don't think Ambrose really fits that mould. Besides, although Reigns is being positioned as the obvious star, Ambrose has a lot of charisma and is probably one of the top three babyface wrestlers in the company (Goldust and Cena would be other two). By this I mean he actually knows how to get sympathy from the crowd through what he does in the ring. Just watch him, Ambrose really is that good.

I'm not sure as to whether adding a new member to The Shield is a good idea. They would have to bring in someone who fits the group better than Rollins did which, of course, is problematic as this is the only version we've known and Rollins was an integral part of that group. A new version of The Shield may diminish the strength of the previous version which wouldn't help Reigns (or Ambrose) if they are to move up the card. However, although Reigns is popular, he needs someone to cover his weaknesses. He is still quite green having being protected by Rollins, Ambrose and a variety of opponents. Outside of his Superman Punch and Spear, both of which generate huge crowd reactions, what other notable offence has he got?

Rollins will be fine in his new role - I think he'll make a good lackey for HHH .
MurdnunoC
05 Jun 2014, 5:09 pm #128

(05 Jun 2014, 8:27 am)marxistafozzski So Raw was interesting the other night. Batista took his ball and went home turning his back on Evolution, at the end of the show, HHH announced his plan B...Seth Rollins turned heel on the Shield...

I think it was the right decision to turn Rollins heel.

I can understand why Ambrose may seem like the obvious choice to some. However, in addition to being sneaky and probably untrustworthy, I think his character also comes across as unhinged and non-conformist. The current version of Evolution comes across as conformist, yielding to corporate whimsy and I don't think Ambrose really fits that mould. Besides, although Reigns is being positioned as the obvious star, Ambrose has a lot of charisma and is probably one of the top three babyface wrestlers in the company (Goldust and Cena would be other two). By this I mean he actually knows how to get sympathy from the crowd through what he does in the ring. Just watch him, Ambrose really is that good.

I'm not sure as to whether adding a new member to The Shield is a good idea. They would have to bring in someone who fits the group better than Rollins did which, of course, is problematic as this is the only version we've known and Rollins was an integral part of that group. A new version of The Shield may diminish the strength of the previous version which wouldn't help Reigns (or Ambrose) if they are to move up the card. However, although Reigns is popular, he needs someone to cover his weaknesses. He is still quite green having being protected by Rollins, Ambrose and a variety of opponents. Outside of his Superman Punch and Spear, both of which generate huge crowd reactions, what other notable offence has he got?

Rollins will be fine in his new role - I think he'll make a good lackey for HHH .

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jun 2014, 5:40 pm #129
(05 Jun 2014, 5:09 pm)AdamY I think it was the right decision to turn Rollins heel.

I have heard people say Ambrose may have some potential with a Loose Cannon type gimmick along the lines of Brian Pillman, the one thing I loved about him was he played it great and you never knew with Pillman whether he really had a loose or was a very good actor...By the way I loved Ambrose's reaction, the look on his face was one of absolute and surprise, probably one the best reactions I have seen to a wrestler turning Big Grin

As for The Shield, I would like to see a Shield 2.0, but as you say, who would fit in, I have heard people put out names like CM Punk and Sami Zane from NXT...I don't watch enough of it to be able to have a serious conversation about it...

The Shield split has been coming for months now from what I have seen, I always saw Rollins as being the glue that stuck them together with Roman being the star of the group and Ambrose as the groups voice, Dean, imo, has a natural talent on the mic...

Do you think at a future PPV this year we will see Rollins/Orton or Trips v Ambrose and Reigns and if such a match was ever made would it be a good time for them to go there separate ways onto a singles run, as they undoubtedly have bags of potential...

One more thing, I found a screenshot of some girls twitter feed or whatever...
[Image: a7u3atyz.jpg]

Couple bits of that made me chuckle, The worst part for me was Deans face LMAO and My life is over LMAO...

I think someone needs to be sat down, she is either a complete dumbshit or she has taken the term suspension of disbelief to a new extreme level
MrFozz
05 Jun 2014, 5:40 pm #129

(05 Jun 2014, 5:09 pm)AdamY I think it was the right decision to turn Rollins heel.

I have heard people say Ambrose may have some potential with a Loose Cannon type gimmick along the lines of Brian Pillman, the one thing I loved about him was he played it great and you never knew with Pillman whether he really had a loose or was a very good actor...By the way I loved Ambrose's reaction, the look on his face was one of absolute and surprise, probably one the best reactions I have seen to a wrestler turning Big Grin

As for The Shield, I would like to see a Shield 2.0, but as you say, who would fit in, I have heard people put out names like CM Punk and Sami Zane from NXT...I don't watch enough of it to be able to have a serious conversation about it...

The Shield split has been coming for months now from what I have seen, I always saw Rollins as being the glue that stuck them together with Roman being the star of the group and Ambrose as the groups voice, Dean, imo, has a natural talent on the mic...

Do you think at a future PPV this year we will see Rollins/Orton or Trips v Ambrose and Reigns and if such a match was ever made would it be a good time for them to go there separate ways onto a singles run, as they undoubtedly have bags of potential...

One more thing, I found a screenshot of some girls twitter feed or whatever...
[Image: a7u3atyz.jpg]

Couple bits of that made me chuckle, The worst part for me was Deans face LMAO and My life is over LMAO...

I think someone needs to be sat down, she is either a complete dumbshit or she has taken the term suspension of disbelief to a new extreme level

MurdnunoC

05 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm #130
Sami Zayn's character doesn't really fit in with The Shield. Zayn is a likeable, all-smiling babyface with tons of underdog charisma - he's also an outstanding wrestler to boot. There are rumours that he may turn heel soon which should add an interesting counterpoint to how he's always been portrayed. If he does turn heel then I'd imagine he'll be portrayed as the annoying little prick with the face you'd want to smack. Given his ability, I think he'll be pull-off just as well but I digress. Either face or heel, Zayn doesn't need to be associated with The Shield. He'll get over fine on his own.

As for CM Punk, well, if he grows his hair back out and dyes half of it blonde then I guess he'd look similar to Seth Rollins. They both have similar body-types. But I don't think Punk is coming back any time soon - rumour has that's he's retired anyway. Apparently, he's also got a wedding coming up soon - to AJ Lee which explains her absence of late.

I say let The Shield rest. They came up from developmental together and were essentially nobodies. Initially, no-one had any star-power to speak of and the group was always supposed to be the focus - not one particular wrestler. They weren't trying to take over the show like the nWo; nor were they protecting each others titles like The Four Horsemen. They don't represent the past, present and future like Evolution; nor are they some demonic cult like The Ministry or Raven's Nest.
MurdnunoC
05 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm #130

Sami Zayn's character doesn't really fit in with The Shield. Zayn is a likeable, all-smiling babyface with tons of underdog charisma - he's also an outstanding wrestler to boot. There are rumours that he may turn heel soon which should add an interesting counterpoint to how he's always been portrayed. If he does turn heel then I'd imagine he'll be portrayed as the annoying little prick with the face you'd want to smack. Given his ability, I think he'll be pull-off just as well but I digress. Either face or heel, Zayn doesn't need to be associated with The Shield. He'll get over fine on his own.

As for CM Punk, well, if he grows his hair back out and dyes half of it blonde then I guess he'd look similar to Seth Rollins. They both have similar body-types. But I don't think Punk is coming back any time soon - rumour has that's he's retired anyway. Apparently, he's also got a wedding coming up soon - to AJ Lee which explains her absence of late.

I say let The Shield rest. They came up from developmental together and were essentially nobodies. Initially, no-one had any star-power to speak of and the group was always supposed to be the focus - not one particular wrestler. They weren't trying to take over the show like the nWo; nor were they protecting each others titles like The Four Horsemen. They don't represent the past, present and future like Evolution; nor are they some demonic cult like The Ministry or Raven's Nest.

Adrian

08 Jun 2014, 5:50 pm #131
Ultimate Warrior air max Big Grin

[Image: 10359246_10152186512024227_1199475582554713972_n.jpg]

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Jun 2014, 5:50 pm #131

Ultimate Warrior air max Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Jun 2014, 5:51 pm #132
(08 Jun 2014, 5:50 pm)aureolin Ultimate Warrior air max Big Grin

There hideous...Would not be seen dead in shoes like that
MrFozz
08 Jun 2014, 5:51 pm #132

There hideous...Would not be seen dead in shoes like that

MurdnunoC

09 Jun 2014, 5:14 pm #133

They're interesting and unique to say the least.

However it is a custom design and, so far, only one-pair have been produced. Personally, I don't think the concept will catch-on so I wouldn't be expecting collaboration between Nike, WWE and Freakersneaks anytime soon.

Also I think the colour scheme would be better suited towards a Macho Man Randy Savage-type project.
MurdnunoC
09 Jun 2014, 5:14 pm #133

They're interesting and unique to say the least.

However it is a custom design and, so far, only one-pair have been produced. Personally, I don't think the concept will catch-on so I wouldn't be expecting collaboration between Nike, WWE and Freakersneaks anytime soon.

Also I think the colour scheme would be better suited towards a Macho Man Randy Savage-type project.

MurdnunoC

09 Jun 2014, 6:00 pm #134
(09 Jun 2014, 5:28 pm)AIG20 I can't wait for Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose's reaction to Seth Rollins face turn last week. I hope they have a new member to replace him.

In addition, I wonder who the new General Manager of Raw will be?

I almost forgot that Brad Maddox had been 'fired'. There is really no point in having a new GM especially when, whoever it is, will have their position undermined by Steph, Trips, Kane and, possibly, the rest of Evolution. This essentially makes the new GM the sixth most powerful person on Raw so, really, what's the point?
MurdnunoC
09 Jun 2014, 6:00 pm #134

(09 Jun 2014, 5:28 pm)AIG20 I can't wait for Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose's reaction to Seth Rollins face turn last week. I hope they have a new member to replace him.

I almost forgot that Brad Maddox had been 'fired'. There is really no point in having a new GM especially when, whoever it is, will have their position undermined by Steph, Trips, Kane and, possibly, the rest of Evolution. This essentially makes the new GM the sixth most powerful person on Raw so, really, what's the point?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Jun 2014, 6:41 pm #135

Seth Rollins did not have much to say, so looking forward to the Shields reaction.

As for a new Shield member, not sure now if I would like to see them add somebody else, maybe put them in a storyline against Seth Rollins and Randy Orton and/or Trips and have the likes of Ziggler and Big Show team up for 6 man tag matches.

But I think it is time for The Shield to have a singles run, because what is there left for them to do in the Tag Team Division, they have beaten and destroyed near enough everyone

As for Brad Maddox I never really liked him in the first place.

One person I would love to see as a GM/Commish would be Shane McMahon, it would never happen but he could have come purely anti-authority with the storyline of him being pissed off that Steph and Trips pretty much own and run the company and he has nothing...Plus I always liked Shane
Edited 09 Jun 2014, 6:46 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
09 Jun 2014, 6:41 pm #135

Seth Rollins did not have much to say, so looking forward to the Shields reaction.

As for a new Shield member, not sure now if I would like to see them add somebody else, maybe put them in a storyline against Seth Rollins and Randy Orton and/or Trips and have the likes of Ziggler and Big Show team up for 6 man tag matches.

But I think it is time for The Shield to have a singles run, because what is there left for them to do in the Tag Team Division, they have beaten and destroyed near enough everyone

As for Brad Maddox I never really liked him in the first place.

One person I would love to see as a GM/Commish would be Shane McMahon, it would never happen but he could have come purely anti-authority with the storyline of him being pissed off that Steph and Trips pretty much own and run the company and he has nothing...Plus I always liked Shane

Malarkey

10 Jun 2014, 12:15 am #136
Due to Injury Daniel Bryan has been stripped of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, meaning the Title will be defended in a Ladder Match at Money In The Bank, Worst Part Daniel Bryan wasn't even there to Surrender the Belts and they were hanging above the Ring.
Malarkey
10 Jun 2014, 12:15 am #136

Due to Injury Daniel Bryan has been stripped of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, meaning the Title will be defended in a Ladder Match at Money In The Bank, Worst Part Daniel Bryan wasn't even there to Surrender the Belts and they were hanging above the Ring.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Jun 2014, 6:15 am #137
(10 Jun 2014, 12:15 am)NEBCD Malarkey Due to Injury Daniel Bryan has been stripped of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, meaning the Title will be defended in a Ladder Match at Money In The Bank, Worst Part Daniel Bryan wasn't even there to Surrender the Belts and they were hanging above the Ring.

So instead of a contract with a guaranteed title shot, the belts will be on the line 😀
MrFozz
10 Jun 2014, 6:15 am #137

(10 Jun 2014, 12:15 am)NEBCD Malarkey Due to Injury Daniel Bryan has been stripped of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, meaning the Title will be defended in a Ladder Match at Money In The Bank, Worst Part Daniel Bryan wasn't even there to Surrender the Belts and they were hanging above the Ring.

So instead of a contract with a guaranteed title shot, the belts will be on the line 😀

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 6:25 am #138
Good to see Cena teaming with The Shield even if it is on a short-term basis. This means Roman Reigns push will not stagnate as I imagine he and Cena will become BFF over the next year or so eventually culminating in a feud where one becomes jealous and turns on the other (think Savage/Hogan -WM5). It also means that Ambrose will be peeled away from the group and left to do his own thing once the immediate issue with Evolution is resolved.
MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 6:25 am #138

Good to see Cena teaming with The Shield even if it is on a short-term basis. This means Roman Reigns push will not stagnate as I imagine he and Cena will become BFF over the next year or so eventually culminating in a feud where one becomes jealous and turns on the other (think Savage/Hogan -WM5). It also means that Ambrose will be peeled away from the group and left to do his own thing once the immediate issue with Evolution is resolved.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Jun 2014, 6:46 am #139
I love Dean Ambrose, he is a madman and what he had to say on Raw made me laugh.

But I agree with Adam, The Shield will completely drift apart now, wonder if they will turn on each other or will they amicably
MrFozz
10 Jun 2014, 6:46 am #139

I love Dean Ambrose, he is a madman and what he had to say on Raw made me laugh.

But I agree with Adam, The Shield will completely drift apart now, wonder if they will turn on each other or will they amicably

MurdnunoC

10 Jun 2014, 11:26 am #140
(10 Jun 2014, 6:46 am)marxistafozzski I love Dean Ambrose, he is a madman and what he had to say on Raw made me laugh.

When Ambrose talks it makes you want to listen. Very few wrestlers have that ability nowadays. You should check out some of his promos from when he was wrestling on the indies (as John Moxley).

This one in particular I think is great. It's done in a silent movie style (no words obviously) but Moxley/Ambrose still manages to get his message across in a captivating way.

MurdnunoC
10 Jun 2014, 11:26 am #140

(10 Jun 2014, 6:46 am)marxistafozzski I love Dean Ambrose, he is a madman and what he had to say on Raw made me laugh.

When Ambrose talks it makes you want to listen. Very few wrestlers have that ability nowadays. You should check out some of his promos from when he was wrestling on the indies (as John Moxley).

This one in particular I think is great. It's done in a silent movie style (no words obviously) but Moxley/Ambrose still manages to get his message across in a captivating way.

Pages (43) Previous 16 7 843 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average