Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013

Site Administrator
RE: Odd Allocations
Not sure what happened to the allocation of the 39s this evening...

I noted a "Laser" Citaro, "East Durham" MPD working the service. They weren't on earlier, but were this evening.
Site Administrator
RE: Odd Allocations
(24 May 2013, 5:59 am)Michael wrote Vyking on 939 this morning

I thought a Vyking or President was the daily allocation? For the morning one anyway.
"Drifter" Versa 8308 has heating problems, and as such, has been taken out of service and is waiting for a replacement.
Was due out just under 10 minutes ago, and the driver called for a replacement 35 minutes ago. Still not here.
Site Administrator
RE: Go North East
Job Vacancies - Customer Services Advisors

Due to a re-organisation of the Customer Services Team, GNE are seeking five new members of staff to join their ever-expanding team, which is based at their head office in Bensham, Gateshead.

For further information, please visit: www.simplygo.com/employment
To download the application form, please visit: http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...-may-2013/
Just to clarify a few things posted recently.

I believe Dennis Trident 3858 is only off the road for engine repairs and probably will return. Especially since there are still Volvo Olympians in the fleet.

Speaking of Volvo Olympians. 3910 was sold to another operator but the engine went kaput on delivery to Lincolnshire, so the vehicle was returned to GNE and sent straight for scrap.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Site Administrator
(24 May 2013, 10:31 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I believe Dennis Trident 3858 is only off the road for engine repairs and probably will return. Especially since there are still Volvo Olympians in the fleet.

That is true, from what I was informed on the photo of 3858 itself. Can't remember what I said in the post now, but apologies if I didn't say 'temporarily withdrawn' which may have led to some confusion.
(24 May 2013, 10:31 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Just to clarify a few things posted recently.

I believe Dennis Trident 3858 is only off the road for engine repairs and probably will return. Especially since there are still Volvo Olympians in the fleet.

Speaking of Volvo Olympians. 3910 was sold to another operator but the engine went kaput on delivery to Lincolnshire, so the vehicle was returned to GNE and sent straight for scrap.

Im guessing 3910 must have been part of the batch which have been painted white and are being fitted with seatbelts down in Lincoln.
Site Administrator
I posted a photo of 3910 last week. She's at Alpha now, still in the plain yellow livery she was withdrawn in.

In other news, Deptford have managed to cock up an allocation already, and it's only 6am! SimplCity Versa 8321 is on 99s today.
(25 May 2013, 5:02 am)Daniel wrote I posted a photo of 3910 last week. She's at Alpha now, still in the plain yellow livery she was withdrawn in.

In other news, Deptford have managed to cock up an allocation already, and it's only 6am! SimplCity Versa 8321 is on 99s today.

Yeah I saw that photo. Didnt realise how patchy the yellow paintwork was until you put the picture on.

When they were originally sent down to Lincoln, they were yellow. Since then, the retro-fitting was done and they were painted white.
Site Administrator
This could be me having a blonde moment but if 3910 is yellow after returning from her new owner and going to Alpha instead, it can't be the same vehicle which was painted white, can it?
(25 May 2013, 7:00 am)Daniel wrote This could be me having a blonde moment but if 3910 is yellow after returning from her new owner and going to Alpha instead, it can't be the same vehicle which was painted white, can it?

As Gary said, it was only sold to Alpha after its engine died on its way to its new owner, hence why it's still yellow - it never made it to Lincoln like its sister down there now.
(25 May 2013, 7:05 am)Kuyoyo wrote
(25 May 2013, 7:00 am)Daniel wrote This could be me having a blonde moment but if 3910 is yellow after returning from her new owner and going to Alpha instead, it can't be the same vehicle which was painted white, can it?

As Gary said, it was only sold to Alpha after its engine died on its way to its new owner, hence why it's still yellow - it never made it to Lincoln like its sister down there now.

Theres this new magic bus paint, that if you tap your heels twice, stick your tongue out, close your eyes and say hocus pocus 62 3/4 times, the paint can magically change back to the original colour prior to painting :p

Not sure how many were in the original purchase, but it looks like 3910 never completed the deal (engine problems and a return North to Alpha).
There were two vehicles (which I have already mentioned I couldnt make out reg no's.) which did get included and are now white.

I can't remember when I posted about the two deckers initially, but it was last Wednesday PM I last spoke about them, after passing them earlier in the week,
Site Administrator
That was exactly my point - 3910 was never painted white. It must have been other vehicles in a previous purchase, or 3915 in the same purchase.
Perhaps it's just me interpreting what Is being said incorrectly. I've tried time and time again to re-read what has been said to try and interpret what is actually intended, but I can't.
@Daniel

3910 was included in a sale and by the sounds of what Gary was saying, was meant to end up in Lincolnshire. The engine went and it ended up in the scrapyard.
Two ex-London Olympians did end up in Lincoln and have since been painted white and had seat belts fitted. 3910 was never painted white because it didnt make it there.

Hope that clears it up Smile
By the timetable its still a MPD route and Doxford clipper... wonder if this means its getting bigger buses
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
If they wernt increasing the frequency on the 39 id have said the 5 simplicity versa's off the 36 would have went onto the 39s and the MPDs onto the 36/36A
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Could anyone shed any light of what's going on with the allocations at Deptford? I would like to see the Versas go to the 61 as 'Drifter' then Cadets go to 39 as 'Doxford Clipper', but I wonder what will happen due to the extra buses on Monday-Friday Daytimes? They be run by 'Northern' MPD's or just anything Deptford have spare?
Didnt catch service number, but a Drifter Cadet was working its way around Boldon Cinema etc just now... Is an X3 due towards Newcastle?

Just hope it doesnt turn into the same type of mystery as in the 'spooky goings on of the decker on Seaton Lane'
CatsFast101
Unregistered
X3's due at Boldon Asda :29 & :59. So looks like it could well be an X3. Avoiding a SeatonDecker scenario!! Well that just adds to strange going on RE Deptford allocations. Could their be changes to afoot?
Site Administrator
(25 May 2013, 3:17 pm)Andreos1 wrote @Daniel

3910 was included in a sale and by the sounds of what Gary was saying, was meant to end up in Lincolnshire. The engine went and it ended up in the scrapyard.
Two ex-London Olympians did end up in Lincoln and have since been painted white and had seat belts fitted. 3910 was never painted white because it didnt make it there.

Hope that clears it up Smile

Exactly what I had thought originally. :p

(25 May 2013, 3:20 pm)Michael wrote By the timetable its still a MPD route and Doxford clipper... wonder if this means its getting bigger buses

I've said for quite some time now that the 39 needs larger capacity vehicles. Glad to see something may be happening to aid its requirements. 547 got quite full on the journey I was on today. Only 4 fare-paying passengers though, rest of the capacity was filled by concessionary pass holders and POP card holders. Several standees also.

(25 May 2013, 4:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote Didnt catch service number, but a Drifter Cadet was working its way around Boldon Cinema etc just now... Is an X3 due towards Newcastle?

(25 May 2013, 4:53 pm)Andreos1 wrote A Northern Cadet came from Newcastle about 10mins later on an x3.

The original vehicle allocation for the X3 today was two "Northern" Renowns, one "Northern" Vyking, and "Northern" President 3886 (having been transferred from Chester-le-Street to Deptford recently). Due to the Newcastle March today, there were delays of 30 minutes or more, and as such, Deptford allocated further "spare" vehicles in the depot to accommodate for these delays - replacing those vehicles which had been severely delayed.
It wasn't a typical odd Deptford allocation day for the X3, but there were further odd allocations which I'll note later when I upload my photographs to Flickr.
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
Perhaps there are no fixed allocations for these service changes?

There's a great mix of Northern vehicles at Deptford and a growing number of Northern routes needing them; X3/X36 (5), 26 (4), 36/36A (4), 38 (2) and 99 (2).

The 26 is continuing to interwork with schools, and requires one double deck bus, no such requirement on the other three vehicles. The bus that drops out at Seaburn on the existing 99 has to be a double decker too, so I assume this will continue with the new service. The other bus on the 99 will only start at 0909 so could also have interworked with a Scholars or maybe come from the 36; the 0819 peak-time journey from Sunderland which terminates at Enterprise Park at 0838 could give a good timing space to get across to Silksworth for 0909.

Not all Scholar routes are double deck; one of the Prince Bishop L94's used to drop out of service at Sunderland to run a Scholar service, not sure if it still does though. On the X3, the 1534 from Sunderland currently only operates during school holidays, and will continue to do so in the new timetable. The existing 1635 from Eldon Square which comes off a Scholars is usually a single decker.

There's a large gap in the new 39 timetable on school days. The 1340 from Doxford International terminates at Sunderland at 1406, then only returns to service on the 1646 from Doxford International. This seems an extraordinarily long gap to run a scholar route, so not sure what is going on there.

With such a number of routes requiring Northern vehicles, and coupled with new and revised routes and times, I think it's likely that there will be no fixed allocations as of yet until passenger numbers have been properly examined. The 36 is dropping to half hourly and changing its route, what will the effect be on passenger loads? Some buses I'm on can become fully seated. Will double deck buses be required on 36/36A like those on the existing 99 for the busy Sunderland-Enterprise Park section? Will the X36 be suited to B10BLE's or will it encounter steady growth enough to warrant double deckers? Until Streetlites arrive to displace Versas from the 60 and other buses on the 20 and 56, then I'd imagine the mix of Northern vehicles at Deptford will serve as a guide to establish what are the best capacity vehicles to operate these Northern routes, to allow for a proper decision to be made later in the year when fleet changes will occur from cascaded vehicles.
NEB Admin Team
Unregistered
Must be an old design Tongue

Shortly after introduction in July 2006, the Doxford Clipper was extended to Pallion and North Sunderland and operated a circular route taking in Southwick and the Enterprise Park. It continued until October 2009 when it was replaced by the new Black Cats 36A/36C, at which time the Doxford Clipper was extended to Pennywell instead.

Not sure if it's intentional, but definitely worth a mention. The short 39's are coordinated with 38/238 to offer a bus every 10 minutes at 06/16/26/36/46/56 from Holmeside towards the Ryhope Street area of the city adjacent to Esdale Estate. This is in addition to the existing 9 buses per hour on 39/42 from Vine Place and Fawcett Street. Smile