You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
9131 eventually turned up 20 minutes late. Gave to say, I am quite impressed with it. I originally wasn't a fan of the glass windows on the staircase or the narrower windows but they actually alright.

It pulled into Eldon Square and left as Not in Service.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(20 Jun 2014, 12:52 pm)Adam wrote 9131 eventually turned up 20 minutes late. Gave to say, I am quite impressed with it. I originally wasn't a fan of the glass windows on the staircase or the narrower windows but they actually alright.

I really am disappointed with the B5TL. It managed the hills of Winlaton, but only just.

I can't believe how rattley it is compared to the Fab56 B9TLs, which are of a similar age. Goes without saying that it's a hell of a lot less powerful too.
Site Administrator
Re: Go North East - Latest
Major delays expected on the Fab56 due to a seemingly never-ending flow of cars on Washington Road.

We've been as good as stationary for a good five minutes now, with many cars actually turning back around.

Tailbacks are visible from where I am all the way from Nissan. I can see three Fab56s in addition to the one I'm on.
(20 Jun 2014, 1:55 pm)Dan wrote I really am disappointed with the B5TL. It managed the hills of Winlaton, but only just.

I can't believe how rattley it is compared to the Fab56 B9TLs, which are of a similar age. Goes without saying that it's a hell of a lot less powerful too.

I noticed the relentless rattles as well. Was quite surprised by it.
(20 Jun 2014, 12:52 pm)Adam wrote 9131 eventually turned up 20 minutes late. Gave to say, I am quite impressed with it. I originally wasn't a fan of the glass windows on the staircase or the narrower windows but they actually alright.

Was it you I was speaking to whilst taking photos at the Bottom of Eldon Square This Afternoon before 9131 it got took of Out of Service?, if so it was nice to meet you.

Going be brutally honest here, I had a F**cking Mare of a Day with 9131, It at 10:20am as literally just missed it on the 47 as I came into Eldon Square on the X1, I then got the 10 which pulled out 2 Minutes Later to Blaydon in hope that i'd beat there, Stood in Blaydon for 35 Minutes before deciding to get on the 32 back over to Newcastle.

Where the same occurrence happened again as I was coming into Eldon Square, I then hung around Eldon Square/Haymarket for 2 Hours waiting for it to come back from Blackhall Mill on the 11, Managed a few Photos at the Top and Bottom of Eldon Square before it was taken out of service, which I was guttered about as I really wanted to have a Ride on it, about an Hour Later it reappeared when I was over The MetroCentre heading to Blackhall Mill on the 47, where Myself, Steven Hodgson and 4 other Older Enthusiasts stood and took Photos as 9131 was coming out, I had previously seen them in Newcastle in there usual spot, so I assume they came over on 9131.

This isn't first time I have had problems with this Vehicle, as when I went to Edinburgh back in April, it had Broke Down on the Morning on Service 27, I then seen it at around 3pm heading up The Mound towards Hunters Tryst so as I really wanted a few Photos, I opted to stay at The Mound and wait just over an Hour for it to come back, Overall despite having not been on 9131 I think I have already developed a Hatred for it as it has caused me nothing but Problems.
Site Administrator
(20 Jun 2014, 4:40 pm)GMitchelhill wrote 47 doesn't go to Blaydon either. Looks like it's going to be fun and games when I chase it. So it still rattles alot. No surprises there.
Lothian must have tightened that front panel thing on the upper deck saloon as that wasn't rattling as much.
GNE have added another special event day saver on to mTicket for North East Live. £6.00, so you're saving if youre coming from more than one buzzfare zone away.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(20 Jun 2014, 4:45 pm)Dan wrote Lothian must have tightened that front panel thing on the upper deck saloon as that wasn't rattling as much.

The rattling on the upper deck forward panel on most Presidents are just terrible. Fair enough all buses rattle and shake - but you'd think they were a box of nails! Tongue
(20 Jun 2014, 4:45 pm)Dan wrote Lothian must have tightened that front panel thing on the upper deck saloon as that wasn't rattling as much.

Wouldn't the vehicle have received a 'service' (or at least an appraisal) by Volvo/Wright before it was handed over to GNE?
Site Administrator
(20 Jun 2014, 4:53 pm)Marcus wrote The rattling on the upper deck forward panel on most Presidents are just terrible. Fair enough all buses rattle and shake - but you'd think they were a box of nails! Tongue
I'm on 6028 now so I know what you mean, but 9131 is worse - and it was much worse than it is now when it was with Lothian (at least when I was up there in April).
(20 Jun 2014, 4:53 pm)Marcus wrote The rattling on the upper deck forward panel on most Presidents are just terrible. Fair enough all buses rattle and shake - but you'd think they were a box of nails! Tongue

One of the the Wxxx RBB Renowns has a ball bearing or something loose on the panelling towards the rear of the bus - just beyond the step.
Going up a hill, you can hear it trundling towards the back.

Going down a hill, it trundles forwards...
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(20 Jun 2014, 4:56 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote One of the the Wxxx RBB Renowns has a ball bearing or something loose on the panelling towards the rear of the bus - just beyond the step.
Going up a hill, you can hear it trundling towards the back.

Going down a hill, it trundles forwards...

I think I know what you mean, could be 4908? Seems quite dodgy. 4907 seems to be best - considering it was the worst (?) when on the WTX.
(20 Jun 2014, 4:55 pm)Dan wrote I'm on 6028 now so I know what you mean, but 9131 is worse - and it was much worse than it is now when it was with Lothian (at least when I was up there in April).

One time I was squeezing into the front seats (it feels like the seats on Presidents are far forward to me - but it could just be my perception, Olympian's are best for legroom Tongue) and knocked the panel where I assume the blind is? Thought I'd knocked the blind out of place! Tongue
Site Administrator
(20 Jun 2014, 4:59 pm)Marcus wrote One time I was squeezing into the front seats (it feels like the seats on Presidents are far forward to me - but it could just be my perception, Olympian's are best for legroom Tongue) and knocked the panel where I assume the blind is? Thought I'd knocked the blind out of place! Tongue
Hahah! Reason why I sit like a Buddha on the X3 whenever it's a President.
Never anyone on anyways...

6028 is up to its usual tricks... "Warning! Hand brake not applied!" over and over and over again.
(20 Jun 2014, 5:01 pm)Dan wrote Hahah! Reason why I sit like a Buddha on the X3 whenever it's a President.
Never anyone on anyways...

6028 is up to its usual tricks... "Warning! Hand brake not applied!" over and over and over again.

Haha - I've seen some pretty odd things out on my travels. A family of foreigners meditating at the back of 3878 on the X21......

6028 isn't too bad IMO - but then again the last I rode it was November! Tongue

6027 is a bit odd if you ask me.

Its annoying as hell, always have my feet pressed against that panel when there on the X22. Although 6019 was okay the other day though.
(20 Jun 2014, 4:40 pm)GMitchelhill wrote 47 doesn't go to Blaydon either. Looks like it's going to be fun and games when I chase it. So it still rattles alot. No surprises there.

I didn't realise that until I got to Blaydon, I simply got off the X1 and straight on the 10 in pursuit of 9131. If someone could give me the Interworking Patterns of the 11/31/32 and 47 then it would be helpful for when I go out again Tomorrow.
Site Administrator
(20 Jun 2014, 5:10 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I didn't realise that until I got to Blaydon, I simply got off the X1 and straight on the 10 in pursuit of 9131. If someone could give me the Interworking Patterns of the 11/31/32 and 47 then it would be helpful for when I go out again Tomorrow.

See this post.
(20 Jun 2014, 4:52 pm)aureolin wrote GNE have added another special event day saver on to mTicket for North East Live. £6.00, so you're saving if youre coming from more than one buzzfare zone away.

Wonder how many people purchase one, thinking they are saving money? When they could have bought cheaper singles or a return?

On a similar note - GNE have teamed up with Pier Physiotherapy for their Key Benefits scheme.
20% off all treatments!

After a period of time stuck on some of the GNE fleet - a good back massage would be lovely!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(20 Jun 2014, 5:04 pm)Marcus wrote Haha - I've seen some pretty odd things out on my travels. A family of foreigners meditating at the back of 3878 on the X21......

6028 isn't too bad IMO - but then again the last I rode it was November! Tongue

6027 is a bit odd if you ask me.

6030 is shocking - sounds like a hoover!
(20 Jun 2014, 5:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Its annoying as hell, always have my feet pressed against that panel when there on the X22. Although 6019 was okay the other day though.

Yeah - if I get the X22 I sort of bag the front seats Tongue

They often get allocated to the board that takes me to school as well.
If I worked it out correctly the Toonlink is worked by 13 vehicles during the day, the bus that leaves Eldon on the 11 at 1058 makes its next appearance on the 11 at 1728 ex Eldon !!
If you are at Blaydon bus station between 12 50 and 1407 you should see 11 of the 13 the other 2 show up at 1434 and 1504