You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(27 Jun 2014, 5:02 pm)Michael wrote Bring back the Centerlink Branding! Tongue

The Centerlink branding is still visible on the X66 stand and there's also adverts which advertises Centerlink and connections with Service X10 around the Metrocentre.
Site Administrator
(27 Jun 2014, 5:30 pm)Jimmi wrote The Centerlink branding is still visible on the X66 stand and there's also adverts which advertises Centerlink and connections with Service X10 around the Metrocentre.

Likewise for the Saltwell Park Versas on the opposite side of Gateshead Interchange.
(27 Jun 2014, 5:11 pm)Marcus wrote I thought that was the CentreLink branding? Am right in thinking that we're both thinking of them when they first entered service on the route in Silver?

Yeah, but the centrelink brand as everybody knows it was the blue version.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(27 Jun 2014, 5:56 pm)Marcus wrote By any chance was it a mix of the two - like a blue on the bottom then it got lighter and into a silver-ish colour?

Silver across the top, light blue around the bottom...Sounds like what you just described
(27 Jun 2014, 3:35 pm)Dan wrote Was, not is. Tongue

[Image: 14538965933_3d272d19cc.jpg]Go North East: 5171 / W821FBW by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

It was back at Riverside again the yesterday as it spent the majority of the day parked up in Gateshead Interchange. Is out in service on the "Fab Fifty Seven" today, still with a broken side and rear destination display.

when i saw it the top line said 57 Wardley as did the bottom
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Site Administrator
(27 Jun 2014, 7:57 pm)Marcus wrote Dan only photo-ed them in Stanley the other day Big Grin

Must have been a quick purchase.
Good job I got 'em when I did, eh? Tongue
(27 Jun 2014, 5:56 pm)Marcus wrote By any chance was it a mix of the two - like a blue on the bottom then it got lighter and into a silver-ish colour?

No, im on about the very first livery worn by 4950-4953 on the X66, it still had 'centrelink' on the side so i refer to it as the first version of the centrelink livery.
http://gonortheast.blogspot.co.uk/2014/0...rce=social&utm_medium=hootsuite&utm_campaign=Throwback%20Thursday%2026%20June&m=1

Has anyone been following the GNE Throwback Thursday messages?
Quite enjoy looking at them, but wish there was some text to with the photos.
This weeks photos were at Gateshead Interchange in the 80's and 90's/00's and Durham Market Place in 50's or 60's.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(27 Jun 2014, 9:51 pm)Robert wrote Thats the one Tongue

That was the best livery in my opinion until this recent rebrand on the Mercs. I found the 2 inbetween these boring.
I can only vaguely remember that livery as a kid, from my irregular trips to the Metrocentre by bus.

Must say I'm not keen on the back, mind.

I know the majority of enthusiasts are dead against branding which covers windows, but I think it really makes buses stand out ten times more when the livery is really well designed. I do love the current X66 livery, and is by far my favourite variation.

Past designs have mostly looked cheap and boring, but this one strikes me as being incredibly interesting. I've heard tourists comment on GNE's many different liveries in the past and how they like them, and I really do think that the X66 livery would turn their heads if they visited the region again and saw one of the Mercs.
Site Administrator
The X21 which 9131 should be allocated to (due Gateshead 0805) was a no-show this morning, providing it wasn't just 10 mins or more late...
(28 Jun 2014, 7:20 am)Dan wrote The X21 which 9131 should be allocated to (due Gateshead 0805) was a no-show this morning, providing it wasn't just 10 mins or more late...

You were looking at Mon-Fri
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Marxista Fozzski
(28 Jun 2014, 7:20 am)Dan wrote The X21 which 9131 should be allocated to (due Gateshead 0805) was a no-show this morning, providing it wasn't just 10 mins or more late...

It was in Chester about 5 mins,l ago, am gonna jump off 6057 in Fram and jump on 9131 to Durham
Site Administrator
6079 has just been involved in a bit of a smash in Hexham Bus Station. Big van parked in the way and the driver tried his best to pull in. Corner of the roof of the bus station caused one of the upper deck windows to be smashed in. Nobody hurt.
(28 Jun 2014, 8:58 am)Dan wrote 6079 has just been involved in a bit of a smash in Hexham Bus Station. Big van parked in the way and the driver tried his best to pull in. Corner of the roof of the bus station caused one of the upper deck windows to be smashed in. Nobody hurt.

Oh dear!

Shouldn't take long to fix it
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(28 Jun 2014, 9:01 am)Michael wrote Oh dear!

Shouldn't take long to fix it
It's more than a window or two that needs repairing - the black bit which surrounds the windows was taken out too.

Expensive job, all down to that van being in the way.
3942 has replaced it.
(28 Jun 2014, 9:22 am)marxistafozzski wrote Does anyone else like the destination display on 9131 or am I the only one, I actually think it looks canny

Its a Mobitec blind supplied by McKenna Brothers, Go Ahead currently have a contract with Hanover Displays.
Marxista Fozzski
(28 Jun 2014, 9:26 am)Marcus wrote I haven't yet seen it in the flesh - gonna do everything possible to ride it today. I do like the desti - it's different Smile

All going well, it Should be on its way back from Bishop Auckland soon enough