Menu

Pages (146)    129 30 31146   
Michael   17 Jun 2014, 11:48 am
(17 Jun 2014, 11:44 am)marxistafozzski wrote Sex on a chassis [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

http://www.lamborghini.com/en/models/ave.../overview/ - some more pictures here

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   17 Jun 2014, 1:49 pm
(17 Jun 2014, 11:48 am)Michael wrote http://www.lamborghini.com/en/models/ave.../overview/ - some more pictures here
wonder if it's got enough horsepower and torque for davey bowyer... Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Michael   17 Jun 2014, 1:57 pm
(17 Jun 2014, 1:49 pm)aureolin wrote wonder if it's got enough horsepower and torque for davey bowyer... Wink

Tongue, i hope so!

Imagine a lambo bus engine?

also

Danger Mouse to return to TV screens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27876300

Hopefully David Jason will return to voice danger mouse.

Not sure who will be Penfold as Terry Scott isn't with us any more =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BJ10VUS   17 Jun 2014, 5:20 pm
(17 Jun 2014, 1:57 pm)Michael wrote Imagine a lambo bus engine?

Well that's certainly not compromising on performance for economy! Not sure how well it could cope storming down the A19 on a daily basis though - will it be as good as the mighty Palatine 2? Tongue
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   19 Jun 2014, 3:50 pm
Forgot how good Titanic is.

Still wondering why Leonardo DiCaprio did not win a oscar for his acting!

Also watched

Les Miserables last night, thought i wouldn't like it but i really enjoyed it.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   24 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm
Not sure where to put this

What bus do u get to adventure valley in Durhan?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   24 Jun 2014, 8:51 pm
(24 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm)Michael wrote Not sure where to put this

Arriva 64.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   24 Jun 2014, 8:52 pm
(24 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm)Michael wrote Not sure where to put this

I don't think any go - closest is the 42 to Brasside HMP, but it's a 15-20 minute walk from there.
Tom   24 Jun 2014, 8:53 pm
(24 Jun 2014, 8:51 pm)aureolin wrote Arriva 64.

Are you sure? I thought it was in Brasside?
Adrian   24 Jun 2014, 9:00 pm
(24 Jun 2014, 8:53 pm)Tom wrote Are you sure? I thought it was in Brasside?
pretty sure the 64 still circles brasside.

Tom   24 Jun 2014, 9:04 pm
(24 Jun 2014, 9:00 pm)aureolin wrote pretty sure the 64 still circles brasside.

Aye it does, but that's about a 30-35 minute walk from adventure valley though - 42 is about a 10-15 minute looking on google maps.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   24 Jun 2014, 9:11 pm
(24 Jun 2014, 9:04 pm)Tom wrote Aye it does, but that's about a 30-35 minute walk from adventure valley though - 42 is about a 10-15 minute looking on google maps.

Aye, the prison turning circle is the nearest stop.

On a different note - looking on satellite images of the area around adventure valley - it is amazing how many old railway lines there were that are still traceable.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
R852 PRG   24 Jun 2014, 9:16 pm
(24 Jun 2014, 9:11 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Aye, the prison turning circle is the nearest stop.

On a different note - looking on satellite images of the area around adventure valley - it is amazing how many old railway lines there were that are still traceable.

I love walking along old railway lines - Tanfield is just incredibly nostalgic. Will have to plan something for during the holidays.
Michael   24 Jun 2014, 9:24 pm
Thanks everyone so the 42 is the quickest.

I'll have a look at the timetable.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MurdnunoC   24 Jun 2014, 9:25 pm
(24 Jun 2014, 9:11 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote On a different note - looking on satellite images of the area around adventure valley - it is amazing how many old railway lines there were that are still traceable.

Not just the area around Adventure Valley but County Durham in general contained lots of old railway lines which eventually fell into disuse for one reason or another.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   24 Jun 2014, 9:35 pm
(24 Jun 2014, 9:16 pm)Marcus wrote I love walking along old railway lines - Tanfield is just incredibly nostalgic. Will have to plan something for during the holidays.

Julia Bradbury did a series on TV about railway walks. BBC4/Yesterday often have it on repeat.

(24 Jun 2014, 9:25 pm)AdamY wrote Not just the area around Adventure Valley but County Durham in general contained lots of old railway lines which eventually fell into disuse for one reason or another.

There certainly was - what stands out about the area around Adventure Valley (to me anyway), are that the bridges over the Wear, the curves, the junctions with the ECML, the spurs to the Leamside Line and the line which left the Leamside Line by the P&R, being replaced by the section of dual carriage way between the A1 and the top of Claypath - are that they are all still visible in such a small area.

Jimmi   24 Jun 2014, 9:36 pm
I've been to Brasside once, only because I'd been to the Arnison Centre and I was waiting for a bus then I saw the 7A displaying Darlington so I got on that, but it was actually heading to Brasside first.
MurdnunoC   24 Jun 2014, 9:47 pm
(24 Jun 2014, 9:35 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote There certainly was - what stands out about the area around Adventure Valley (to me anyway), are that the bridges over the Wear, the curves, the junctions with the ECML, the spurs to the Leamside Line and the line which left the Leamside Line by the P&R, being replaced by the section of dual carriage way between the A1 and the top of Claypath - are that they are all still visible in such a small area.

It's places like Bishop Auckland and Consett which really interest me. Both towns could be considered genuine local 'junction towns' at one point with railways running to a variety of different destinations.
DanPicken   25 Jun 2014, 6:01 am
just to say exactly 6 months till christmas day
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   25 Jun 2014, 6:02 am
(25 Jun 2014, 6:01 am)danpick wrote just to say exactly 6 months till christmas day

Year is going to fast =0

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   26 Jun 2014, 3:25 pm
Who was taking pictures of the buses parked up at back of the Wheatsheaf depot today at around 11:30am-12pm.

I said alright to him, he looked like he was 50/50 about saying alright back, as it looked like i was gonna say something else to him about taking pictures as i walked past, cause at that time, he had just took a few pictures.

I know some people can be dicks about seen people take pictures of buses, but If hes on here, i mean no harm!

=)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   26 Jun 2014, 4:28 pm
Think iv'e found who i said alright to earlier on!

Someone from Regional Bus Photos!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
tyresmoke   26 Jun 2014, 4:30 pm
Was there anybody off here in Guisborough earlier? Somebody took my photo with 1450 about 1045 on a 5 Smile

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   26 Jun 2014, 5:36 pm
Got on the 2C to The Galleries earlier on, and this Lass and her Boyfriend got on the Bus, Both have Problems but I couldn't help but Laugh Inside when the Lass asked for 2 to Sunderland as they stopped on at The Galleries as turned into the 2A, Rather waiting 10 Minutes for the 2C coming in the opposite Direction, here in exact English if you can even call it that, is what she said.

"Cangi I hadve twoog twoog Sungerwand" - Drivers Reply "The look you give someone when haven't understood what they have said..........could you repeat that" - "Cangi I hadve twoog twoog Sungerwand" - Drivers Reply is the same again - The Lass the asked for her Boyfriend to come down the Bus who in plain and simple says - "Two to Sunderland" - Driver Reply "Certainly while trying not to Laugh" - Meanwhile I trying best to hold my laugh in.

Honestly I felt sorry for the Driver, but I did think he handled the best he could as was very difficult to Understand what the Lass was saying.
MrFozz   26 Jun 2014, 6:00 pm
I remember years ago a German sounding got on the 61 at Park Lane and asked

Passenger: Return to Me Lane please
Driver: Where is that
Passenger: I don't know, I vill know ven I see it...
Driver: Do you know the place where it is
Passenger: No, Just Me Lane

At this point the driver looked at a stage list and asked the guy to point out where he wanted to go...

Of all the places to go he was wanting the Mill Inn...Being easily amused, I laughed about it for months
Michael   29 Jun 2014, 11:05 am
Bottom Live hahaha

Miss Rik Mayall =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   30 Jun 2014, 1:29 pm
Some great memories in this Chronicle article. I remember it all, bar Ratners and the Ritzy.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...up-6836005

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   30 Jun 2014, 9:42 pm
Is anyone following @turnipheadpic on twitter?
There are some great photos from in or around Tyneside over the years.

Michael   01 Jul 2014, 9:15 am
Rolf Harris being found guilty of indecent assaults.

Here is the BBC, it shows u the chargers etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28094561

Used to love Animal Hospital =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (146)    129 30 31146