You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
(08 Jul 2014, 6:41 pm)V514DFT wrote I dont think the 28B runs anymore either

It does, albeit only on nights from 20:50 (could be 19:50, can't remember off memory). Secured by DCC I believe, and runs between Chester and Birtley.
(08 Jul 2014, 6:44 pm)Dan wrote It does, albeit only on nights from 20:50 (could be 19:50, can't remember off memory). Secured by DCC I believe, and runs between Chester and Birtley.

Yeah, 20:50 from Chester, comes back, 21:50, then 22:50 then by the time it gets back it's close to midnight Smile
Thanks for clearing that up,just it said 28/28A/28B on gne website on the left and on the right it says 28/28A times
Although, the euro ratings should be changed, it's less important than incorrect service details. It's about time GNE a company big on social media and the web etc. Sorted out their own website.
(08 Jul 2014, 5:24 pm)gtom wrote Are the actual timetables in the links mentioned correct?

Because to be brutally honest Joe Public couldn't give a hoot if a bus is Euro 3 or 300, the wrong template shape or the odd shade of green

Incompetence?

Lack of professional standards?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(08 Jul 2014, 9:17 pm)Acky81 wrote Anyone remember jay line that go north east bought out? What were their routes I can't remember?

Is the East Durham brand based on what Jayline used to run???
(08 Jul 2014, 9:19 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Is the East Durham brand based on what Jayline used to run???

I think so mate just wondered what routes it had. These were orange mini buses
Marxista Fozzski
I'm not 100% sure, I think they may have run the 148 and the 211, did they also run a Sunderland to Hartlepool 229...

Can't really remember, when Jayline was around I was living over in Durham
(08 Jul 2014, 9:23 pm)Acky81 wrote I think so mate just wondered what routes it had. These were orange mini buses

I think they did Service 211 from Middlesbrough to Peterlee. I think they also ran Service 25 which ran from Spennymoor to Peterlee on Fridays only, it was later operated by Scarlet Band.
(08 Jul 2014, 9:26 pm)marxistafozzski wrote I'm not 100% sure, I think they may have run the 148 and the 211, did they also run a Sunderland to Hartlepool 229...

Can't really remember, when Jayline was around I was living over in Durham

Struggling to remember the Jayline routes and the ones GNE had, under the Jayline brand.

There was one, which was very similar to the current x7 - it missed out Seaham and went to Wingate via Hutton Henry.
This could have been a GNE 'Jayline' route though.
Marxista Fozzski
(08 Jul 2014, 9:29 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Struggling to remember the Jayline routes and the ones GNE had, under the Jayline brand.

There was one, which was very similar to the current x7 - it missed out Seaham and went to Wingate via Hutton Henry.
This could have been a GNE 'Jayline' route though.

Are you thinking of the 211 Peterlee-Middlesbrough
(08 Jul 2014, 9:30 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Are you thinking of the 211 Peterlee-Middlesbrough

No idea what number it was!

Used to pass it regularly on the a19.

Both my car and the MPD had the same amount of people on board Wink
Marxista Fozzski
(08 Jul 2014, 9:38 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote No idea what number it was!

(08 Jul 2014, 9:38 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote No idea what number it was!

I think that was the 211 as I think the route went via Billingham, A19 and Wingate.
(08 Jul 2014, 9:14 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Incompetence?

Lack of professional standards?

More important things to do? Would anyone outside of our little community notice?

Ah, the 28B, I'm reminiscent of our wonderful debate on where the hell the 28B turns around. Did we solve that?
(08 Jul 2014, 10:36 pm)gtom wrote More important things to do? Would anyone outside of our little community notice?

Ah, the 28B, I'm reminiscent of our wonderful debate on where the hell the 28B turns around. Did we solve that?

Possibly not, but it doesn't necessarily reinforce the brand and corporate image they push so much.
Not very professional either.
After spending thousands getting it designed and prepping it to go live, the least you would expect is for it to be correct and up to date.

Forgot about the 28a to be honest. I have probably seen it and never gave it a second thought.

Maybe one of the Chester drivers can share.
(08 Jul 2014, 10:03 pm)Drifter60 wrote Pretty much I believe the whole East Durham network was based on the jayline network. Things like 148/154 weren't though.

Jayline was operating service 148 when their bus services fell into the hands of GNE. Jayline operated service 201,232,233,148,211, Sherburn coaches operated the 238 peterlee to Easington then when contract was up it passed onto GNE which became the 207/208 circular service.

picture of service 210 leaving park lane
https://www.flickr.com/photos/27204054@N...r3A-dXKqA9

picture copyright of Peter Barclay.

Jayline service 211 at Middlesbrough

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jncarter19...T8e-fTRFjs

picture copyright to John Carter

another picture of service 211 at Middlesbrough

https://www.flickr.com/photos/45726467@N...616-hdM6aT

copyright to David Beardmore

GNE bought the solos from Jayline (eventually these solos were passed onto Venture services?)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoach...YPx-e2ULfp

copyright to cms_cumberland

(08 Jul 2014, 10:56 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Possibly not, but it doesn't necessarily reinforce the brand and corporate image they push so much.
After spending thousands getting it designed and prepping it to go live, the least you would expect is for it to be correct and up to date.

Forgot about the 28a to be honest. I have probably seen it and never gave it a second thought.

Not 100% sure - but I think when the 28B reached the top of Birtley, it turns around at the roundabout just ahead.
Service 265 - Durham Miners' Gala

On Saturday we'll be duplicating the following journeys on our 265 service for Durham Miners' Gala.

Murton to Durham - 09:20, 10:20, 11:20 & 12:20.

Durham Claypath to Murton - 17:18 & 18:21.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Jul 2014, 4:48 pm)Marcus wrote Not 100% sure - but I think when the 28B reached the top of Birtley, it turns around at the roundabout just ahead.

Which roundabout? There isn't one there. (I love starting this debate again)

I figured it was Station Lane - Ravensworth Road - Edward Road then onto Durham Road
(08 Jul 2014, 10:56 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Possibly not, but it doesn't necessarily reinforce the brand and corporate image they push so much.

Turns at roundabout where the X25 comes out of portmeads. Hope that helps.
today has been off workings galore in Sunderland including something on loan to Deptford 3869 was seen on 20 this afternoon managed a shot of it along with a few others currently getting edited right now
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(09 Jul 2014, 6:07 pm)Racer_Experience wrote today has been off workings galore in Sunderland including something on loan to Deptford 3869 was seen on 20 this afternoon managed a shot of it along with a few others currently getting edited right now

As mentioned in the Rare and odd workings thread.
(09 Jul 2014, 6:06 pm)nk55 wrote Turns at roundabout where the X25 comes out of portmeads. Hope that helps.

So it scoots up past St Joseph's, up the new road and back down?

Gtom will be relieved - although the debate and possibilities didn't last as long as last time Wink