You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(14 Jul 2014, 5:05 pm)Dan wrote Ah, so that answers Tom's question from a few days ago! I was going to include the repaint in the news given that it had been noted here, but didn't fancy doing it until we had the reason confirmed.

Aye it was on the 17 yesterday.
(14 Jul 2014, 5:06 pm)Tom wrote Aye it was on the 17 yesterday.

Been operating the NHS contract today. This should finish on Friday

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(14 Jul 2014, 5:13 pm)tyresmoke wrote Been operating the NHS contract today. This should finish on Friday

Looks quite smart.
Will the 52/53 be getting Solos? But why will the 53 be branded in connection with hospitals if it doesn't serve hopsitals.
(14 Jul 2014, 5:15 pm)Tom wrote Looks quite smart.
Will the 52/53 be getting Solos? But why will the 53 be branded in connection with hospitals if it doesn't serve hopsitals.

Purely because the 52 and 53 interwork I think. I'd expect Pulsars though as its currently allocated B10BLE's, possibly the ones off the 306 whilst they await the Streetlites arriving.

(14 Jul 2014, 5:19 pm)tyresmoke wrote Purely because the 52 and 53 interwork I think. I'd expect Pulsars though as its currently allocated B10BLE's, possibly the ones off the 306 whilst they await the Streetlites arriving.

Maybe it could call into Rake Lane along the way as they seems to be a strong demand for services from Forest Hall to Rake Lane.
On an evening when the 1/X1 stop and the 1B starts, does the 1B run off service 1 or both service 1/X1?

I'm just wondering for when the Streetlite's enter service. Eventhough they'll be branded X1, will they end up on the 1B or will it remain Pulsar operated working off the 1?
(14 Jul 2014, 7:31 pm)JoshP wrote On an evening when the 1/X1 stop and the 1B starts, does the 1B run off service 1 or both service 1/X1?

I'm just wondering for when the Streetlite's enter service. Eventhough they'll be branded X1, will they end up on the 1B or will it remain Pulsar operated working off the 1?

last couple of nites ive seen the 1b been operated by solos
The evening service 1B works off an entirely different working

The 1810 should be a pulsar work off the 1/5 keyboard

The 1910 should be solo, works on its own board of 1B to tow law then 2210 from darlo to crook then 2310 to faverdale grange

The 2010 should be pulsar/streetlite, works off X1 keyboard, does the 1705 X1 to tow law then 1B back to darlo then 1B to crook then back lite to garnetts at tindale

The 2110 (solo) works off its own keyboard does a 1B to crook then back to darlo then 2310 to faverdale grange from darlo

The 2210 see above on the 1910 departure

The 2310 see above on the 2110 departure

So all in all the 2010 should be a streetlite when these arrive
(15 Jul 2014, 12:00 am)Stuart Phin wrote The evening service 1B works off an entirely different working

The 1910 should be solo, works on its own board of 1B to tow law then 2210 from darlo to crook then 2310 to faverdale grange

The 2010 should be pulsar/streetlite, works off X1 keyboard, does the 1705 X1 to tow law then 1B back to darlo then 1B to crook then back lite to garnetts at tindale

The 2110 (solo) works off its own keyboard does a 1B to crook then back to darlo then 2310 to faverdale grange from darlo

Ahh cool thanks for that info Smile
Durham Service 48 - Aldin Bridge closure.

From the 21st July for 4-5 weeks the above closure will take place. A shuttle service will operate every 20 mins am-pm from Bearpark to the Flass Inn where it will connect with the service 43 and 48 for journey completion.
(15 Jul 2014, 12:00 am)Stuart Phin wrote The evening service 1B works off an entirely different working

Unfortunately, I highly doubt the 2010 will become Streetlite as it does not fit the MAX brand which is for Express services (such as X1, X26, X27, X66) and when the 7 was made Sapphire it ceased interworking with the 5A on a Sunday so I imagine we will see a revised timetable for the 1/1B/X1 so the X1 becomes standalone.
(15 Jul 2014, 3:21 pm)peter wrote Unfortunately, I highly doubt the 2010 will become Streetlite as it does not fit the MAX brand which is for Express services (such as X1, X26, X27, X66) and when the 7 was made Sapphire it ceased interworking with the 5A on a Sunday so I imagine we will see a revised timetable for the 1/1B/X1 so the X1 becomes standalone.

There is already a Sapphire that works a short service 1 on a morning, and with Max being the next step down I wouldn't mind betting that they leave it as it is now, as I don't think they will be too bothered.

(15 Jul 2014, 3:23 pm)tyresmoke wrote There is already a Sapphire that works a short service 1 on a morning, and with Max being the next step down I wouldn't mind betting that they leave it as it is now, as I don't think they will be too bothered.

Ahh. I thought they might care about MAX just as much as Sapphire but I suppose just like the morning journey on the 1 not many people are going to be using it so it won't matter too much!
(15 Jul 2014, 3:32 pm)peter wrote Ahh. I thought they might care about MAX just as much as Sapphire but I suppose just like the morning journey on the 1 not many people are going to be using it so it won't matter too much!

Yes there is also other bits and pieces of branded routes (to be) like Jesmond working X11s and Redcar X3s running off 63s which won't be Sapphire (unless these get changed)

(15 Jul 2014, 3:37 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yes there is also other bits and pieces of branded routes (to be) like Jesmond working X11s and Redcar X3s running off 63s which won't be Sapphire (unless these get changed)

Jesmond work X11s?
(15 Jul 2014, 3:37 pm)Tom wrote Jesmond work X11s?

Yeah they do the 1650 ex Newcastle and I believe it's the 1720 X10 from Blyth (off the 1628 X30 Newcastle-Blyth)

(15 Jul 2014, 3:42 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yeah they do the 1650 ex Newcastle and I believe it's the 1720 X10 from Blyth (off the 1628 X30 Newcastle-Blyth)

What do they use?
(15 Jul 2014, 3:45 pm)Tom wrote What do they use?

They'll be deckers, I know the X30 at 1628 runs off a school working, not sure on the 1650 X11 or 1728 X30 though

I was told by a bus driver at Ashington that Sapphire will be launched on the 29th, is this correct? Just so I can organise a trip on the first day!

Thanks Smile
Site Administrator
(16 Jul 2014, 9:09 am)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote I was told by a bus driver at Ashington that Sapphire will be launched on the 29th, is this correct? Just so I can organise a trip on the first day!

Thanks Smile

I've heard the same, so I guess that's right!

In other Sapphire-related news, Streetlite 1556 (NK14 GGO) appeared at a PR event at Cobalt today - thanks to the Arriva employees who let us look around and sit in the cab seat..and to tyresmoke who allowed us to look under the hood! Wink

Solo 2845 has now been branded following its silver repaint... Not too keen on it, if I'm honest... I'll let the rest of you judge later when I upload a photo.
(17 Jul 2014, 6:00 pm)Dan wrote I've heard the same, so I guess that's right!

In other Sapphire-related news, Streetlite 1556 (NK14 GGO) appeared at a PR event at Cobalt today - thanks to the Arriva employees who let us look around and sit in the cab seat..and to tyresmoke who allowed us to look under the hood! Wink

Solo 2845 has now been branded following its silver repaint... Not too keen on it, if I'm honest... I'll let the rest of you judge later when I upload a photo.

Got the photo yet?
Site Administrator
(17 Jul 2014, 8:20 pm)Tom wrote Got the photo yet?

Not yet, sorry.
Haven't even taken my camera out my bag yet!
[Image: ane_1556.jpg]

As Dan mentioned, 1556 (NK14GGO) was on display at Cobalt More Travel Centre today as part of an event at lunchtime. We were fortunate enough to get there before they disappeared, and it was great to have a look around one of our new toys (as this one will be coming to Stockton) before its even been to our depot! They're going to be a superb addition to all depots who get them in terms of being brand new stock. I am unsure how long they will last on the 5's or X4's though but they'll be a huge upgrade when launched later this year!
They are 44 seaters despite the Wright specification suggesting they'd be 45.

Talking of upgrades, Scania Omnicities are due to go for refurbishment very soon, with some spare MPD's arriving from Yorkshire in the very near future to help release these to Blackburn. I am told one is arriving at Stockton tonight, to release 4659 (which by the way I drove yesterday morning, and is spot on after weeks being below par! Ashington are getting a good bus with this one...)

(17 Jul 2014, 8:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote [Image: ane_1556.jpg]

As Dan mentioned, 1556 (NK14GGO) was on display at Cobalt More Travel Centre today as part of an event at lunchtime. We were fortunate enough to get there before they disappeared, and it was great to have a look around one of our new toys (as this one will be coming to Stockton) before its even been to our depot! They're going to be a superb addition to all depots who get them in terms of being brand new stock. I am unsure how long they will last on the 5's or X4's though but they'll be a huge upgrade when launched later this year!
They are 44 seaters despite the Wright specification suggesting they'd be 45.

Talking of upgrades, Scania Omnicities are due to go for refurbishment very soon, with some spare MPD's arriving from Yorkshire in the very near future to help release these to Blackburn. I am told one is arriving at Stockton tonight, to release 4659 (which by the way I drove yesterday morning, and is spot on after weeks being below par! Ashington are getting a good bus with this one...)

What the hell are Ashington getting 4659 for? Huh
(17 Jul 2014, 8:35 pm)Tom wrote Also, what depots will the Yorkshire MPD's be going to?

Stockton, Redcar and Darlington. The depots that have most of the Scania Omnicities (I realise Durham have some too... They might well end up with some too)

(16 Jul 2014, 9:09 am)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote I was told by a bus driver at Ashington that Sapphire will be launched on the 29th, is this correct? Just so I can organise a trip on the first day!

Thanks Smile
According to a comment on the Arriva North East Facebook page the event will be at Newbiggin Maritime Centre between 11 and 1 Smile