Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East: Service Suggestions

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (153): Previous 172 73 74153 Next
MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
22 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm)col87 I would like to see a service from Hartlepool to Newcastle again after all GNE had two off them at one point so how about something like the old X5 so Hartlepool- Blackhall- Horden then X35 route to Easington then none stop to Washington Galleries - Gateshead - Newcastle. I think if advertised properly an hourly service could work

Or extend the X36 and run it down the Coast from Sunderland
MrFozz
22 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm #1441

(22 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm)col87 I would like to see a service from Hartlepool to Newcastle again after all GNE had two off them at one point so how about something like the old X5 so Hartlepool- Blackhall- Horden then X35 route to Easington then none stop to Washington Galleries - Gateshead - Newcastle. I think if advertised properly an hourly service could work

Or extend the X36 and run it down the Coast from Sunderland

22 Jul 2014, 7:16 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm)marxistafozzski Or extend the X36 and run it down the Coast from Sunderland

That would be a right marxistafozzskimarathon Wink , you'd need a shave by the time you got off also.

If I was living in Hartlepool, I would much rather have the X5 Back, than having to get on the X35/X36 just get from Hartlepool to Newcastle.
Malarkey
22 Jul 2014, 7:16 pm #1442

(22 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm)marxistafozzski Or extend the X36 and run it down the Coast from Sunderland

That would be a right marxistafozzskimarathon Wink , you'd need a shave by the time you got off also.

If I was living in Hartlepool, I would much rather have the X5 Back, than having to get on the X35/X36 just get from Hartlepool to Newcastle.

22 Jul 2014, 7:18 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 7:16 pm)NEBCD Malarkey That would be a right marxistafozzskimarathon Wink , you'd need a shave by the time you got off also.

Just reintroduce the old X50 and you'd be away from home for 3 days.
R852 PRG
22 Jul 2014, 7:18 pm #1443

(22 Jul 2014, 7:16 pm)NEBCD Malarkey That would be a right marxistafozzskimarathon Wink , you'd need a shave by the time you got off also.

Just reintroduce the old X50 and you'd be away from home for 3 days.

DanPicken
Banned
22 Jul 2014, 7:21 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 7:18 pm)Marcus Just reintroduce the old X50 and you'd be away from home for 3 days.
3 Milleniums on the 638.
DanPicken
22 Jul 2014, 7:21 pm #1444

(22 Jul 2014, 7:18 pm)Marcus Just reintroduce the old X50 and you'd be away from home for 3 days.
3 Milleniums on the 638.

22 Jul 2014, 7:22 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 7:21 pm)danpick 3 Milleniums on the 638.

An eternity on the TTX Tongue
R852 PRG
22 Jul 2014, 7:22 pm #1445

(22 Jul 2014, 7:21 pm)danpick 3 Milleniums on the 638.

An eternity on the TTX Tongue

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
22 Jul 2014, 7:23 pm

Lol Adam...

It would be a bit of a Marathon, but it could be done in under 2 hours...Down the coast missing Peterlee would take less than an hour and if it was express all the way, valuable minutes could be shaved off...Pygalls claimed to do it in 50 minutes, I bet GNE could as well, if not maybe 45 from Sunderland
MrFozz
22 Jul 2014, 7:23 pm #1446

Lol Adam...

It would be a bit of a Marathon, but it could be done in under 2 hours...Down the coast missing Peterlee would take less than an hour and if it was express all the way, valuable minutes could be shaved off...Pygalls claimed to do it in 50 minutes, I bet GNE could as well, if not maybe 45 from Sunderland

22 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm
No i think my X5 idea is better does anyone know why it got took off and replced by the X35 in the first place
col87
22 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm #1447

No i think my X5 idea is better does anyone know why it got took off and replced by the X35 in the first place

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
22 Jul 2014, 7:33 pm
Could I suggest this conversation moves over into the Service Suggestion thread please, so we can keep threads on topic for the most part
MrFozz
22 Jul 2014, 7:33 pm #1448

Could I suggest this conversation moves over into the Service Suggestion thread please, so we can keep threads on topic for the most part

22 Jul 2014, 7:35 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm)col87 No i think my X5 idea is better does anyone know why it got took off and replced by the X35 in the first place

Was it not part of the re-numbering scheme back in about 2005? Not sure when it was withdrawn - I think they found another way to make more money with one service or something. I can barely remember it myself.
R852 PRG
22 Jul 2014, 7:35 pm #1449

(22 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm)col87 No i think my X5 idea is better does anyone know why it got took off and replced by the X35 in the first place

Was it not part of the re-numbering scheme back in about 2005? Not sure when it was withdrawn - I think they found another way to make more money with one service or something. I can barely remember it myself.

22 Jul 2014, 7:37 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 7:23 pm)marxistafozzski Lol Adam...

Pygalls 230 timetable stated 52 minutes between Hartlepool and Sunderland and the X36 currently takes just under an hour so this would take just under 1 hour and 55 minutes. Also the route would probably have to be split at Sunderland or vehicles would have to be fitted with tachnos.
Jimmi
22 Jul 2014, 7:37 pm #1450

(22 Jul 2014, 7:23 pm)marxistafozzski Lol Adam...

Pygalls 230 timetable stated 52 minutes between Hartlepool and Sunderland and the X36 currently takes just under an hour so this would take just under 1 hour and 55 minutes. Also the route would probably have to be split at Sunderland or vehicles would have to be fitted with tachnos.

22 Jul 2014, 8:13 pm
Heres some service Ideas then for Hartlepool and Teesside Service 9 Clavering - Hart Station - Davison Drive - Powlet Road - Marina- Hartlepool Centre - Brenda Road -Seaton Carew. Service x36 Hartlepool Centre- Stocton Road - Wolviston - North Tees Hospital
- Stockton - Middlesbrough
col87
22 Jul 2014, 8:13 pm #1451

Heres some service Ideas then for Hartlepool and Teesside Service 9 Clavering - Hart Station - Davison Drive - Powlet Road - Marina- Hartlepool Centre - Brenda Road -Seaton Carew. Service x36 Hartlepool Centre- Stocton Road - Wolviston - North Tees Hospital

22 Jul 2014, 8:17 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 8:13 pm)col87 Heres some service Ideas then for Hartlepool and Teesside Service 9 Clavering - Hart Station - Davison Drive - Powlet Road - Marina- Hartlepool Centre - Brenda Road -Seaton Carew. Service x36 Hartlepool Centre- Stocton Road - Wolviston - North Tees Hospital

There isn't much in the way of ongoing connections with that.
If say they started in Peterlee and alternated with the x7 through Wingate, then there could be added tie-ins, particularly with the company pushing the buzzfare tickets.

If you don't, then it could be a repeat of Bishop Auckland all over again.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Jul 2014, 8:17 pm #1452

(22 Jul 2014, 8:13 pm)col87 Heres some service Ideas then for Hartlepool and Teesside Service 9 Clavering - Hart Station - Davison Drive - Powlet Road - Marina- Hartlepool Centre - Brenda Road -Seaton Carew. Service x36 Hartlepool Centre- Stocton Road - Wolviston - North Tees Hospital

There isn't much in the way of ongoing connections with that.
If say they started in Peterlee and alternated with the x7 through Wingate, then there could be added tie-ins, particularly with the company pushing the buzzfare tickets.

Tom
22 Jul 2014, 8:19 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 8:17 pm)Andreos Constantopolous There isn't much in the way of ongoing connections with that.

I can't believe how popular the X7 has been actually!
Tom
22 Jul 2014, 8:19 pm #1453

(22 Jul 2014, 8:17 pm)Andreos Constantopolous There isn't much in the way of ongoing connections with that.

I can't believe how popular the X7 has been actually!

22 Jul 2014, 8:24 pm

Perheaps not but it gives Stagecoach competation and people in Hartlepool a much needed service to north Tees Hospital
col87
22 Jul 2014, 8:24 pm #1454

Perheaps not but it gives Stagecoach competation and people in Hartlepool a much needed service to north Tees Hospital

22 Jul 2014, 8:29 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 8:19 pm)Tom I can't believe how popular the X7 has been actually!

Imagine if it called at Dalton Park? Wink
It does seem to have done well - the newer vehicles have seemingly helped too.

(22 Jul 2014, 8:24 pm)col87 Perheaps not but it gives Stagecoach competation and people in Hartlepool a much needed service to north Tees Hospital

What is it? A change at Wingate or Stockton?
It does seem crazy, Espec with the trust running down Hartlepool.

Maybe there is a gap that needs filling, but it does need decent connections (not only for driver changeovers), but to improve custom.

The GNE model is seemingly built around buses feeding into each other.

Andreos1
22 Jul 2014, 8:29 pm #1455

Imagine if it called at Dalton Park? Wink
It does seem to have done well - the newer vehicles have seemingly helped too.

(22 Jul 2014, 8:24 pm)col87 Perheaps not but it gives Stagecoach competation and people in Hartlepool a much needed service to north Tees Hospital

What is it? A change at Wingate or Stockton?
It does seem crazy, Espec with the trust running down Hartlepool.

Maybe there is a gap that needs filling, but it does need decent connections (not only for driver changeovers), but to improve custom.

The GNE model is seemingly built around buses feeding into each other.

Dan
Site Administrator
22 Jul 2014, 8:34 pm
The scope has always been there for an express service between Sunderland and Middlesbrough, with the right marketing and ticketing options available.

As I originally suggested the Sunderland - Middlesbrough express service to Go North East, leading to the formation of the X7, I'm always going to boast about how well it is actually performing (and you lot will never hear the end of it). I know a number of GNE employees have referred to the service as my 'baby', as I'm always monitoring the passenger numbers and asking how well the service is doing.

Go North East have plenty of connections in Sunderland, Seaham and Peterlee to assist the service - Arriva didn't have that with their 31A service which ran a similar route.

Whilst the single fares are more expensive than Arriva's on the 21A, the X7 still seems to be carrying more passengers - so they're doing something right..!

Next step: Retro-fit the Mercs with Wi-Fi? Yes please - watch this space...
Dan
22 Jul 2014, 8:34 pm #1456

The scope has always been there for an express service between Sunderland and Middlesbrough, with the right marketing and ticketing options available.

As I originally suggested the Sunderland - Middlesbrough express service to Go North East, leading to the formation of the X7, I'm always going to boast about how well it is actually performing (and you lot will never hear the end of it). I know a number of GNE employees have referred to the service as my 'baby', as I'm always monitoring the passenger numbers and asking how well the service is doing.

Go North East have plenty of connections in Sunderland, Seaham and Peterlee to assist the service - Arriva didn't have that with their 31A service which ran a similar route.

Whilst the single fares are more expensive than Arriva's on the 21A, the X7 still seems to be carrying more passengers - so they're doing something right..!

22 Jul 2014, 8:38 pm
Ok it not easy but if they could find a way to do it it could work.
col87
22 Jul 2014, 8:38 pm #1457

Ok it not easy but if they could find a way to do it it could work.

22 Jul 2014, 8:44 pm
X27 Hartlepool Interchange - Oxford Road - Catcote Road - Greatham Village - Low Grange - Billingaham Centre - North Tees Hospital - Hardwick Estate - Then Limted stop to Darlington.
col87
22 Jul 2014, 8:44 pm #1458

X27 Hartlepool Interchange - Oxford Road - Catcote Road - Greatham Village - Low Grange - Billingaham Centre - North Tees Hospital - Hardwick Estate - Then Limted stop to Darlington.

Tom
22 Jul 2014, 8:59 pm
(22 Jul 2014, 8:34 pm)Dan The scope has always been there for an express service between Sunderland and Middlesbrough, with the right marketing and ticketing options available.

I used it from Peterlee to Sunderland when the Renowns were in service, and I was shocked to find it made £16.75 in single fares!
Tom
22 Jul 2014, 8:59 pm #1459

(22 Jul 2014, 8:34 pm)Dan The scope has always been there for an express service between Sunderland and Middlesbrough, with the right marketing and ticketing options available.

I used it from Peterlee to Sunderland when the Renowns were in service, and I was shocked to find it made £16.75 in single fares!

22 Jul 2014, 9:26 pm
Another Idea HT 1/2/3 Open top summer service Seaton Carew - Church Street - Marina - Navigation Point - Headland.
col87
22 Jul 2014, 9:26 pm #1460

Another Idea HT 1/2/3 Open top summer service Seaton Carew - Church Street - Marina - Navigation Point - Headland.

Pages (153): Previous 172 73 74153 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 3004
Views 902688
21 May 2024, 10:09 pm
Last Post by Storx
Replies 4
Views 1264
09 Nov 2022, 7:05 pm
Last Post by L469 YVK