You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Site Administrator
Re: RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions
(28 Jul 2014, 8:19 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Fully understand the above, but surely there is no excuse for a Rare Working on a Sunday, As was the case Yesterday with 5208 on the 20, PVR is only 6 or 7 on a Sunday, meaning there should of been 6 or 7 PB Solars in the Depot, surely they weren't all VOR.
No, you're right there. Was probably the first bus at the front of depot that the dirver had to grab due to an issue which had arisen on FUC.
RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions
(28 Jul 2014, 8:20 pm)Dan wrote No, you're right there. Was probably the first bus at the front of depot that the dirver had to grab due to an issue which had arisen on FUC.

Thought Deptford had them parked up Brand by Brand like at Riverside, the last time I was down was almost a year ago, and I recall nearest the Gates were PB and FAB56 Solars and down the back I could see the Drifter Cadets all Together.
Site Administrator
(28 Jul 2014, 8:28 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Thought Deptford had them parked up Brand by Brand like at Riverside, the last time I was down was almost a year ago, and I recall nearest the Gates were PB and FAB56 Solars and down the back I could see the Drifter Cadets all Together.
No, as far as I know, it's parked in order of buses going out.

So, let's say a Laser branded Merc is scheduled to leave depot at 4am, it will be parked at the very front. The next bus to leave is a PB Solar at 4:15am, that will be next in line. You get my drift.
I can't imagine the B5 being ordered for the Pronto. After a year, the amount of VOR's would go through the roof. For the Toonlink, I think it will be Versas but I could seriously imagine 16 MMC's (2 spare) being ordered for the X1 next year for the following:

- Oldest B9TL's are 4 year old.
- Red Arrows B9TL's lack plug sockets.
- Angel lacks two modern Gemini's (B5LH or B9TL) for the total PVR due to the November 2012 changes.
- TEN lacks 1 modern Gemini for the total PVR due to recent changes.
- TTX lacks 1 modern Gemini due to only purchasing 6.
- More B9TL spares needed at Riverside due to the age and condition of the B7TL's, demanding TTX routes and PVR increases on the TEN.
- Cobalt Clipper PVR increased leaving no spares.
- Pronto needs newer buses but no suitable NEW vehicles to replace the Presidents with.
Site Administrator
(28 Jul 2014, 8:36 pm)aureolin wrote Shouldn't the 05/06 reg Geminis be due a mid-life refurbishment soon?
I'm told it was being pushed for 3942 especially given that it will make up part of the PVR.

Assume it will come soon - possibly fitting Wi-Fi at the same time?
(28 Jul 2014, 8:30 pm)Dan wrote No, as far as I know, it's parked in order of buses going out.

So, let's say a Laser branded Merc is scheduled to leave depot at 4am, it will be parked at the very front. The next bus to leave is a PB Solar at 4:15am, that will be next in line. You get my drift.

I get your "drift" Dan Smile, I do think Parking them up by Brand would make it easier to allocate the Vehicles in the Depot, and I wouldn't think it make to much difference to the timings of the Vehicles leaving the Depot on a Morning either.

Davey Bowyer I highly doubt the Red Arrows is going get New Buses This Year as the B9TL's are only 2/3 Years Old and not due for Repaint for another 2/3 Year either, and Yes I can understand the logic behind Re-Investing in the Red Arrows, so that other Services Benefit, but do you think NPower will be happy about having to dip there hands into the Pockets again, after all the did pay for Part of the Investment for the B9TL's on the X1, in an agreement which saw GNE operating Services 921/922 and 923 in Return.

And as I know you like a nice lovely fuel guzzling Bus which copes with long distance Services such as the TTX and the X93, Perhaps you might be able to dream up of a Heavyweight Bus with a 13L Scania Diesel Engine which would provide between 410BP and 490BP. And then give us NEB Followers the Pro's and Con's of it, with a highly detailed list of GNE Fleet Movements as a Result of Investment of this Vehicle for the Red Arrows Wink.

^^Only Joking^^

As for the other Service i.e. Toonlink and Pronto, I think E400MMC and Versas would be more than suitable for those Services, I know Dan loves his "Ole Depot Standisation", so I am sure the Versas would fit in at Riverside very well, and not forgetting Versas have been Heavily Rumoured for the X66 for some time now, Further Standardizing the Riverside Fleet.
(28 Jul 2014, 8:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I get your "drift" Dan Smile, I do think Parking them up by Brand would make it easier to allocate the Vehicles in the Depot, and I wouldn't think it make to much difference to the timings of the Vehicles leaving the Depot on a Morning either.

Davey Bowyer I highly doubt the Red Arrows is going get New Buses This Year as the B9TL's are only 2/3 Years Old and not due for Repaint for another 2/3 Year either, and Yes I can understand the logic behind Re-Investing in the Red Arrows, so that other Services Benefit, but do you think NPower will be happy about having to dip there hands into the Pockets again, after all the did pay for Part of the Investment for the B9TL's on the X1, in an agreement which saw GNE operating Services 921/922 and 923 in Return.

And as I know you like a nice lovely fuel guzzling Bus which copes with long distance Services such as the TTX and the X93, Perhaps you might be able to dream up of a Heavyweight Bus with a 13L Scania Diesel Engine which would provide between 410BP and 490BP. And then give us NEB Followers the Pro's and Con's of it, with a highly detailed list of GNE Fleet Movements as a Result of Investment of this Vehicle for the Red Arrows Wink.

^^Only Joking^^

As for the other Service i.e. Toonlink and Pronto, I think E400MMC and Versas would be more than suitable for those Services, I know Dan loves his "Ole Depot Standisation", so I am sure the Versas would fit in at Riverside very well, and not forgetting Versas have been Heavily Rumoured for the X66 for some time now, Further Standardizing the Riverside Fleet.

Depends how much room if you have in the yard. No good if you've got a bus at the back of a line due out at 0500 if all the ones in the front don't go out til 0645...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(28 Jul 2014, 8:54 pm)Dan wrote I'm told it was being pushed for 3942 especially given that it will make up part of the PVR.

Assume it will come soon - possibly fitting Wi-Fi at the same time?

Hopefully they'll try and push them all through, because they aren't half looking tacky inside for what is relatively new in GNE decker terms.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(28 Jul 2014, 8:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I get your "drift" Dan Smile, I do think Parking them up by Brand would make it easier to allocate the Vehicles in the Depot, and I wouldn't think it make to much difference to the timings of the Vehicles leaving the Depot on a Morning either.

^^Only Joking^^

Hahah Smile . I don't think that NPower would need to pay for the deckers if GNE were willing to do it of their own back for their own sake allowing PVR's to be made up and suitable vehicles to be allocated.
I think this years investment will be:

*5 X Citaros to Hexham for the 'Tynedalexpress' services. This would allow 5229-5233 to transfer to Chester le Street for use on the 14 and X22 to boost passenger numbers, and reliability greatly improved for both services. Lolynes withdrawn as a result
* 9 X Versa to Peterlee for services 202/204/208/265. This would allow for the withdrawal MPDs.
* 5 X Optare Solo SR to Peterlee for services 201/206/209/210/923. This would allow 564/565/573/574 to transfer to Deptford for the replacement of four older MPDs with two remaining in East Durham livery for the 238. 618/619 would then transfer to Chester-le-Street for the 71 replacing two Renowns.
* 16 X E400 MMC to Washington for the X1. This would allow 6001 to transfer to Percy Main as a spare for the Cobalts, 6002 to Riverside as a spare for the TEN services, 6003 as a spare for the TTX, and the rest to Deptford to provide additional capacity for the 20/35. This would allow for the withdrawal of two Presidents, and the DFDS Lolynes, with the B7s transferring to Percy Main, replacing 3866, 3867, 3880 and 3873. 3890/3891 would replace various Lolynes. The remaining ones would see use on the Pronto.
* 14 X Citaros to Riverside for the Toon Link services, directly replacing B10BLEs and the B7RLEs to the Pulse.
*16 X Citaros to Stanley and Chester le Street, replacing B10BLEs.
*16 X B5LH to Riverside for the Crusader. The Citaros would transfer to Stanley for use on the X70/X71 and Red Kite, with the Omnicities going to the 17, and to Deptford for there runs of the 9, replacing B10BLEs.
(30 Jul 2014, 7:50 pm)Tom wrote I think this years investment will be:

*5 X Citaros to Hexham for the 'Tynedalexpress' services. This would allow 5229-5233 to transfer to Chester le Street for use on the 14 and X22 to boost passenger numbers, and reliability greatly improved for both services. Lolynes withdrawn as a result
* 9 X Versa to Peterlee for services 202/204/208/265. This would allow for the withdrawal MPDs.
* 5 X Optare Solo SR to Peterlee for services 201/206/209/210/923. This would allow 564/565/573/574 to transfer to Deptford for the replacement of four older MPDs with two remaining in East Durham livery for the 238. 618/619 would then transfer to Chester-le-Street for the 71 replacing two Renowns.
* 16 X E400 MMC to Washington for the X1. This would allow 6001 to transfer to Percy Main as a spare for the Cobalts, 6002 to Riverside as a spare for the TEN services, 6003 as a spare for the TTX, and the rest to Deptford to provide additional capacity for the 20/35. This would allow for the withdrawal of two Presidents, and the DFDS Lolynes, with the B7s transferring to Percy Main, replacing 3866, 3867, 3880 and 3873. 3890/3891 would replace various Lolynes. The remaining ones would see use on the Pronto.
* 14 X Citaros to Riverside for the Toon Link services, directly replacing B10BLEs and the B7RLEs to the Pulse.
*16 X Citaros to Stanley and Chester le Street, replacing B10BLEs.
*16 X B5LH to Riverside for the Crusader. The Citaros would transfer to Stanley for use on the X70/X71 and Red Kite, with the Omnicities going to the 17, and to Deptford for there runs of the 9, replacing B10BLEs.

Will be nice to see 5229-5233 on Chester services again, during that week in between the OK1s withdrawn and X84/X85s commencing they were all randomly allocated at Chester - as if they were Northern spares! Wink

They wound up mainly on the 34s and X22s (surprisingly, 3983 seems to emerge from the darkness of the depot during the holidays for the X22), and the 71s and X25s.
(30 Jul 2014, 7:50 pm)Tom wrote I think this years investment will be:

Don't think single deckers would cope with peak loadings on service 14.
(30 Jul 2014, 8:04 pm)Jimmi wrote Don't think single deckers would cope with peak loadings on service 14.

I'd agree with that, although I seem to remember that they got round that by interworking a short X50 with one 13/14 around the morning peak at one point?

As for East Durham. I'd say the Solo SR would be a better option for all the routes. Perhaps the front axle position is more beneficial on your traditional mini bus routes, as there's some quite tight sections to navigate round. The SRs are great on the W5/W6 on an evening, and that's quite a tight route in places.
(30 Jul 2014, 7:57 pm)Marcus wrote Will be nice to see 5229-5233 on Chester services again, during that week in between the OK1s withdrawn and X84/X85s commencing they were all randomly allocated at Chester - as if they were Northern spares! Wink

They wound up mainly on the 34s and X22s (surprisingly, 3983 seems to emerge from the darkness of the depot during the holidays for the X22), and the 71s and X25s.

Thats because, at the time, they were essentially 'Northern' spares as they didnt have a specific allocation due to them been branded for a service that was non-existant (after the changes). As always, they shouldnt have been allocated over a red spare as technically i would have still classed them as 'branded vehicles'.
Site Administrator
(30 Jul 2014, 8:58 pm)Marcus wrote Bit of a random question here - with the X66 in line for an upgrade, what will become of the bendies? They don't seem like they're getting withdrawn, but I, personally, can't see any of them elsewhere in the fleet?

They'll find a new home - not with GNE!
(30 Jul 2014, 9:00 pm)Dan wrote They'll find a new home - not with GNE!

Possibly get exchanged for Versas like they did with the Citylink examples? They should be worthy enough after been refurbished and treated to a recent repaint.
does anyone have a confirmed list for GNE orders Dan? aureolindn? so what are the orders anyone or is it another 2nd hand list again?
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(30 Jul 2014, 9:09 pm)Racer_Experience wrote does anyone have a confirmed list for GNE orders Dan? aureolindn? so what are the orders anyone or is it another 2nd hand list again?

Nothing has been Confirmed yet Bazza.
Site Administrator
(30 Jul 2014, 9:09 pm)Racer_Experience wrote does anyone have a confirmed list for GNE orders Dan? aureolindn? so what are the orders anyone or is it another 2nd hand list again?
There is not a confirmed order list yet, and if there was, I am sure we wouldn't be discussing E400s being ordered for the X1. Wink

There will be new vehicles ordered this year, although the number won't be as significant as last year.

When the details have been finalised, I'm sure an order list will make its way onto the forum, via one of our GNE insiders.
(30 Jul 2014, 9:14 pm)Dan wrote There is not a confirmed order list yet, and if there was, I am sure we wouldn't be discussing E400s being ordered for the X1. Wink

There will be new vehicles ordered this year, although the number won't be as significant as last year.

When the details have been finalised, I'm sure an order list will make its way onto the forum, via one of our GNE insiders.

and as soon as you know i know and ill let the others know and i feel like were working as a team on this one
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(30 Jul 2014, 9:19 pm)Racer_Experience wrote and as soon as you know i know and ill let the others know and i feel like were working as a team on this one

Working as a team?! Huh
(30 Jul 2014, 9:14 pm)Dan wrote There is not a confirmed order list yet, and if there was, I am sure we wouldn't be discussing E400s being ordered for the X1. Wink

My PDF further above is just an idea but I can smell MMC's on the cards next year though. Put it this way, they trialed the Euro 5 version on the X1 for a short while and had a brief look at the Euro 6 version. GNE even went to ADL for the MMC to be revealed. (Unless that was a hint to Volvo to stick a decent lump in the Gemini 3 Smile ).
Site Administrator
(30 Jul 2014, 9:21 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote My PDF further above is just an idea but I can smell MMC's on the cards next year though. Put it this way, they trialed the Euro 5 version on the X1 for a short while and had a brief look at the Euro 6 version. GNE even went to ADL for the MMC to be revealed. (Unless that was a hint to Volvo to stick a decent lump in the Gemini 3 Smile ).
I must note that the E400MMC which came to Riverside for a few hours was merely a whistle-stop tour, and the vehicle had done the same with a lot (is it fair to say the majority?) of bus operators up and down the UK. Gave management a little taster of what the vehicle was like and for engineering to have a look under the hood.

Go North East didn't approach ADL for the demonstrator - it was the other way around.
(30 Jul 2014, 9:22 pm)Dan wrote I must note that the E400MMC which came to Riverside for a few hours was merely a whistle-stop tour, and the vehicle had done the same with a lot (is it fair to say the majority?) of bus operators up and down the UK. Gave management a little taster of what the vehicle was like and for engineering to have a look under the hood.

Go North East didn't approach ADL for the demonstrator - it was the other way around.

Dan, do you think Volvo / Wrightbus will offer an 8 litre option?
Only thing I'll say about E400MMCs is looking at it from an operational perspective, it's a massive gamble to take a risk of that size on a product that hasn't a proven track record (yet).
(30 Jul 2014, 9:21 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote My PDF further above is just an idea but I can smell MMC's on the cards next year though. Put it this way, they trialed the Euro 5 version on the X1 for a short while and had a brief look at the Euro 6 version. GNE even went to ADL for the MMC to be revealed. (Unless that was a hint to Volvo to stick a decent lump in the Gemini 3 Smile ).

Wasnt that not covering for a gemini that had to go back to Volvo or Wrights (whichever it was) because of problems and, if it didnt have to be sent back, would never have had to be loaned anyway?