Menu

Pages (15)    113 14 15   
L469 YVK   30 Jul 2014, 9:18 pm
Just a thought? I know Steve and Karen calmed down on the next stop for GNE but could you imagine what it would be like if ANE got Gary and Lisa to do the ones for the X21 / X22?

Gary: "Next sto'pp' ?, Bedlin'tin' Hart'linds' ?"
Lisa: "Pleezz ring the bell ? and remain 'seeted' ?until the bus has stopped"
Kuyoyo   30 Jul 2014, 9:20 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 9:18 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Just a thought? I know Steve and Karen calmed down on the next stop for GNE but could you imagine what it would be like if ANE got Gary and Lisa to do the ones for the X21 / X22?

No, Arriva's are done by a professional Wink
Jimmi   30 Jul 2014, 9:22 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 9:18 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Just a thought? I know Steve and Karen calmed down on the next stop for GNE but could you imagine what it would be like if ANE got Gary and Lisa to do the ones for the X21 / X22?

God no, don't Gary and Lisa do some of Go North East's announcements?
L469 YVK   30 Jul 2014, 9:26 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 9:22 pm)Jimmi wrote God no, don't Gary and Lisa do some of Go North East's announcements?

Aye, they do, quite annoying like and very cheesy! Heard them on Citylink.

Justin wouldn't be bad though, " BOOM BOOM, YOU'RE NOW ARRIVING IN THE TOON, 'CHEIK' THAT YOU'VE GOT ALL YOUR BELONGINGS BEFORE SOMEONE STRIKES!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   30 Jul 2014, 9:28 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 9:22 pm)Jimmi wrote God no, don't Gary and Lisa do some of Go North East's announcements?

Next stop, yep, you've guessed it - Herrington Burrrn!

Next stop - Wrekenton High Street. Alight here, for the shops.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan   30 Jul 2014, 9:28 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 9:20 pm)Kuyoyo wrote No, Arriva's are done by a professional Wink
A 'professional' with a monotonous, dire voice.

Whilst I agree GNE's early Next Stop Announcements are over the top ('What's the next stop? You guessed it.. Herrington Burn!' - or something along those lines), they allow passengers to hear what is likely to be a familiar voice - something which the elderly more so will approve of.

The Next Stop Announcements on vehicles new last year are the happy medium. Let's not forget the free advertising on the radio GNE gets too, thanks to the logos for the radio companies on the NSA screens on-board buses. Win/win situation!
Adrian   30 Jul 2014, 9:38 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 9:28 pm)Dan wrote A 'professional' with a monotonous, dire voice.

Whilst I agree GNE's early Next Stop Announcements are over the top ('What's the next stop? You guessed it.. Herrington Burn!' - or something along those lines), they allow passengers to hear what is likely to be a familiar voice - something which the elderly more so will approve of.

The Next Stop Announcements on vehicles new last year are the happy medium. Let's not forget the free advertising on the radio GNE gets too, thanks to the logos for the radio companies on the NSA screens on-board buses. Win/win situation!

Reckon it's more of a partnership than free advertising. Their logos are plastered all over several buses driving round the NE all day, but yeah... Win win situation definitely.

Reminds me of the Metro. Some corporate boffin coming up with a cracking idea to take away regional accents in favour of "professionalism". Whilst I'm not a fan of my journey being interrupted by two pratts from the radio, at least it's a regional accent.

I reckon my idea of Charlotte off Geordie Shore doing the next ones was a go-er... If not, I'm sure Jimmy Nail would be game? Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Dan   30 Jul 2014, 9:44 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 9:38 pm)aureolin wrote Reckon it's more of a partnership than free advertising. Their logos are plastered all over several buses driving round the NE all day, but yeah... Win win situation definitely.

Reminds me of the Metro. Some corporate boffin coming up with a cracking idea to take away regional accents in favour of "professionalism". Whilst I'm not a fan of my journey being interrupted by two pratts from the radio, at least it's a regional accent.

I reckon my idea of Charlotte off Geordie Shore doing the next ones was a go-er... If not, I'm sure Jimmy Nail would be game? Smile
Yes, and if it wasn't for the Next Stop Announcement screens having the radio station logos plastered all over them, GNE would find themselves having to pay for the radio advertising instead.

3964 carrying a Real Radio advertisement was no coincidence, either.

Like I say, win/win for all parties (passengers included, who 'benefit' from the regional accent as stated previously).

As long as they stay as toned down as they were for the new NSAs last year, I'm happy. Maybe could make an exception if Charlotte was doing them, like...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   30 Jul 2014, 9:53 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 9:28 pm)Dan wrote A 'professional' with a monotonous, dire voice.

The worst on the 7 is the announcement for Coatham Mundaville which sounds more like Coat Ham Mundaville.

Also the GNE announcements with Real Radio should be updated as its now Heart Radio.
coldav   30 Jul 2014, 11:04 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 9:53 pm)Jimmi wrote The worst on the 7 is the announcement for Coatham Mundaville which sounds more like Coat Ham Mundaville.

Also the GNE announcements with Real Radio should be updated as its now Heart Radio.
Just to confirm that the X21 still interworks with the 35 evenings and Sundays and Sapphires have been on the 35 in Morpeth tonight.
R852 PRG   31 Jul 2014, 2:36 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 9:53 pm)Jimmi wrote The worst on the 7 is the announcement for Coatham Mundaville which sounds more like Coat Ham Mundaville.

On GNE's 21 - instead of saying 'Barley Mow' they say 'Mo', which really annoys me! I can barely hear the announcements on the 56s!
Jimmi   31 Jul 2014, 2:50 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 2:36 pm)Marcus wrote On GNE's 21 - instead of saying 'Barley Mow' they say 'Mo', which really annoys me! I can barely hear the announcements on the 56s!

Ugh! I think some people say it like that because they see it as Mow like "Mow the lawn" I heard someone pronounce it like that on the X24 the other day, another example is Mowden in Darlington.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Stuart Phin   31 Jul 2014, 3:23 pm
Does anyone know which scanias Darlington are getting as part of the MAX Rota?
tyresmoke   31 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 3:23 pm)Stuart Phin wrote Does anyone know which scanias Darlington are getting as part of the MAX Rota?

It should be all of the 05 plates (4643-4659) apart from 4652/4/8 (staying at Stockton) and 4653/9 (off to Ashington for X15)

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Roland Pratt   31 Jul 2014, 4:50 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm)tyresmoke wrote It should be all of the 05 plates (4643-4659) apart from 4652/4/8 (staying at Stockton) and 4653/9 (off to Ashington for X15)

What are three staying at Stockton for, 21A?
tyresmoke   31 Jul 2014, 4:51 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 4:50 pm)Roland Pratt wrote What are three staying at Stockton for, 21A?

I think that's the plan yes, to me it would make sense for them to be Maxed for the 75/76 which would ultimately mean Darlington have 90% of the Scanias and Stockton get to standardise their fleet too.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Roland Pratt   31 Jul 2014, 4:55 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 8:21 pm)Dan wrote Just had a look through their Facebook page, and the Arriva bod doesn't seem to be particularly knowledgeable...

I've quoted one of the comments which stood out to me:

'I am guessing'? This screams wrong on so many levels to me. Good job they were just guessing though, as it certainly wouldn't have been to match them up - more likely to save a bit of $$$. Obviously this wouldn't have been admitted on the public domain, but y'know..!

To be fair to Arriva, what colour LEDs new buses are going to have is not the sort of question they are going to expect to be asked. Its when they get service information wrong that its pitiful.
Coppercap40   31 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm
7508 now carries Sapphire branding but 7509 still to do.
7612 has been Maxed.
Dan   31 Jul 2014, 4:58 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 4:55 pm)Roland Pratt wrote To be fair to Arriva, what colour LEDs new buses are going to have is not the sort of question they are going to expect to be asked. Its when they get service information wrong that its pitiful.

But are you suggesting the phrase 'I am guessing' is acceptable to be used on a public Facebook page, when customers expect that the person(s) answering questions will know the answer - whatever is thrown at them?
Roland Pratt   31 Jul 2014, 5:00 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 4:58 pm)Dan wrote But are you suggesting the phrase 'I am guessing' is acceptable to be used on a public Facebook page, when customers expect that the person(s) answering questions will know the answer - whatever is thrown at them?

Yes I think it is acceptable in the circumstances. What are you going to expect him to answer next, how many bolts there are holding a Dennis Dart together or something?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
ross13   31 Jul 2014, 5:01 pm
[quote='tyresmoke' pid='55757' dateline='1406825503']

I think that's the plan yes, to me it would make sense for them to be Maxed for the 75/76 which would ultimately mean Darlington have 90% of the Scanias and Stockton get to standardise their fleet too.

I agree Scott it would make more sense for them to transferred to darlington for use on 75/76 seen as 1404-6 are to be transferred to durham once darlingtons streetlites arrive. I still think that some certain darlo services warrant the use of bigger buses than solos no doubt some people could disagree
Dan   31 Jul 2014, 5:02 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 5:00 pm)Roland Pratt wrote Yes I think it is acceptable in the circumstances. What are you going to expect him to answer next, how many bolts there are holding a Dennis Dart together or something?

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I've seen instances whereby, if a Go North East Customer Services Assistant hasn't known the answer, they've asked a colleague and have then been able to answer. If Arriva's Facebook page was managed in-house rather than by people down in Luton who haven't got a clue, perhaps they could have done the same...

And of course not, that would be silly.
Roland Pratt   31 Jul 2014, 5:04 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 5:02 pm)Dan wrote We'll have to agree to disagree.

I've seen instances whereby, if a Go North East Customer Services Assistant hasn't known the answer, they've asked a colleague and have then been able to answer. If Arriva's Facebook page was managed in-house rather than by people down in Luton who haven't got a clue, perhaps they could have done the same...

I wouldn't argue with that.
Roland Pratt   31 Jul 2014, 5:23 pm
(30 Jul 2014, 11:59 am)Dan wrote 4523 likewise.

7508 is reportedly one Sapphire going around minus branding, and I've just seen 7509 minus branding too...

7508 WAS branded yesterday. Only 7509 not.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   31 Jul 2014, 5:25 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 5:23 pm)Roland Pratt wrote 7508 WAS branded yesterday. Only 7509 not.

Ah... Someone showed me a photo at Haymarket and said it was 7508... :s
Adrian   31 Jul 2014, 5:39 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 5:02 pm)Dan wrote We'll have to agree to disagree.

I tweeted them a while ago asking if all card readers were going to be removed removed, and the answer I got was "I'm sorry I do not have an answer to your question."

I don't agree that they'd ask a colleague if they don't have an answer. Whilst there are times they have done for me, there are more times they haven't (there's a great example in the pricing thread by the way). How many people ask why such and such a bus hasn't turned up, and all they get is a "Sorry about that. Have you managed to travel yet?".

Think I've made my thoughts on Arriva customer services clear in the past. Still waiting for a response by the way folks. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Dan   31 Jul 2014, 5:52 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 5:39 pm)aureolin wrote I tweeted them a while ago asking if all card readers were going to be removed removed, and the answer I got was "I'm sorry I do not have an answer to your question."

I don't agree that they'd ask a colleague if they don't have an answer. Whilst there are times they have done for me, there are more times they haven't (there's a great example in the pricing thread by the way). How many people ask why such and such a bus hasn't turned up, and all they get is a "Sorry about that. Have you managed to travel yet?".

Think I've made my thoughts on Arriva customer services clear in the past. Still waiting for a response by the way folks. Smile

I did say 'I have seen instances' - it's not always done, and I think it should be. I know that the GNE bod does, quite often, ask his colleagues in Bensham if he doesn't know though! Wink

If customers give a time, service number, location and which direction the bus is headed, he usually informs the customers of breakdowns. If they don't give all that information, then he tends to throw that line at them.
ross13   31 Jul 2014, 5:53 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 4:51 pm)tyresmoke wrote I think that's the plan yes, to me it would make sense for them to be Maxed for the 75/76 which would ultimately mean Darlington have 90% of the Scanias and Stockton get to standardise their fleet too.

I agree Scott it would make more sense for them to transferred to darlington for use on 75/76 seen as 1404-6 are to be transferred to durham once darlingtons streetlites arrive. I still think that some certain darlo services warrant the use of bigger buses than solos no doubt some people could disagree
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Stuart Phin   31 Jul 2014, 5:54 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm)tyresmoke wrote It should be all of the 05 plates (4643-4659) apart from 4652/4/8 (staying at Stockton) and 4653/9 (off to Ashington for X15)

So Darlington are getting 4643-51,4655-57
ross13   31 Jul 2014, 6:16 pm
(31 Jul 2014, 5:54 pm)Stuart Phin wrote So Darlington are getting 4643-51,4655-57

That's the Plan
Pages (15)    113 14 15