You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

NEB Fantasy Football League - 2014/15

Hi All,

There's been a bit of demand for this, so I've created two mini leagues for North East Buses on the Premier League's fantasy football website. The website is free and easy to use. There will be both a 'classic' style league, and a Head to Head league, which operate slightly differently. You only have to create one team though and enter it in both leagues.

If you don't already have an account, you'll need to do the following in order to participate.
  1. Go to https://users.premierleague.com/PremierU...login.html and hit 'Register'.
  2. Complete the registration form, and be sure to check your email for the activation link.
  3. Once activated, log in and select 'Leagues'.
  4. Select 'Join a League', and then 'Private League' and then hit 'Next'.
  5. Enter the league code: 106880-33148, and select to join.
  6. Repeat the above steps for the Head to Head League code: 106880-33160
  7. You're now part of the league!

For those unfamiliar with the game, I'd recommend reading the rules. I'd recommend waiting until a bit closer to the start of the season before actually selecting a squad too, as it's subject to change significantly.

Some key things that seem to catch people out.
  • You get one free transfer per week. Any additional transfers will cost money.
  • If you don't use your free transfer, it carries over until the following week, and so on until it's used. You can't carry on more than 1, so in reality the maximum free transfers per week would be 2.
  • You can only use your transfer wildcard once, which allows you to transfer your whole team.
  • Captain scores double points. Choose wisely.

I'll keep the second post up to date with standings, and I'll also keep this top post up to date with any news etc.

Enjoy Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
RE: NEB Fantasy Football League - 2014/15
Standings after game week 9

NEB Classic League table

1. Olegs Meercat Babes - 471pts
2. All That Malarkey - 443pts
3. Norfolk & Chance - 442pts

Full standings can be found here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leag...standings/

NEB Head to Head table

1. Olegs Meercat Babes - 21pts (GD +471)
2. Norfolk & Chance - 21pts (GD +442)
3. All That Malarkey - 18pts (GD +443)

Average 38 - 44 Norfolk & Chance

All That Malarkey 42 - 23 Arrivaderci
Flatulent Monkeys 44 - 47 Constantopolous FC
Jamie's Giants 33 - 27 Deleted
Shatner's Bassoon 30 - 46 Bayern Manyoonich
Olegs Meercat Babes 51 - 37 Shona Dogs Eleven

Full standings can be found here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leag...standings/
(11 Jul 2014, 10:32 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Would it be possible to sticky this mate...to prevent it from slipping too far down the board???

We'll see how it goes, as there's quite a few threads in the canteen section forums that are potential contenders for sticky status. It's probably a discussion to be had some day.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: NEB Fantasy Football League - 2014/15
(11 Jul 2014, 10:46 pm)aureolin wrote We'll see how it goes, as there's quite a few threads in the canteen section forums that are potential contenders for sticky status. It's probably a discussion to be had some day.

No problem mate
Marxista Fozzski
Hope i aint treading on your toes Aurelion, but I have signed up to Sky Sports Dream Team and created The Marxista Fozzski Supreme

League pin is 8037915, I will probably end up playing a few different Fantasy Games this year
(12 Jul 2014, 3:12 pm)marxistafozzski wrote I have set up my premier league account but I can't join leagues, just says this game is finished
May need to wait until they reset the leagues in a week or two. I'll bump the post back up at that point.
Right the Premier League has reset their fantasy football leagues, so it's now open to registration for the 2014/15 season. I've updated the first post with new league codes. Please note that there is a classic and head to head league to join. You enter the same team in to both, but the two leagues operate differently. Smile
(18 Jul 2014, 5:37 pm)aureolin wrote Right the Premier League has reset their fantasy football leagues, so it's now open to registration for the 2014/15 season. I've updated the first post with new league codes. Please note that there is a classic and head to head league to join. You enter the same team in to both, but the two leagues operate differently. Smile

I set up my Team earlier (Subject to Change) - Was going to set up a League for NEB, But I had to go out.
Re-registered, but it wont let me join any leagues until my team is picked.
For obvious reasons, I don't want to pick the team just yet :p
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(19 Jul 2014, 2:42 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Re-registered, but it wont let me join any leagues until my team is picked.
For obvious reasons, I don't want to pick the team just yet :p

Same here!

Unless I'm doing something wrong of course.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: NEB Fantasy Football League - 2014/15
Took my original team out and setup a new team through another e-mail account...

Bayern Manyoonich
Here is a screenshot of my squad though it will most likely change by the time the season kicks off

[Image: anepu5a4.jpg]

Out of interest what is the difference between Classic Leagues and Head to Head Leagues?
(07 Aug 2014, 9:01 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Took my original team out and setup a new team through another e-mail account...

Bayern Manyoonich
Here is a screenshot of my squad though it will most likely change by the time the season kicks off

[Image: anepu5a4.jpg]

Out of interest what is the difference between Classic Leagues and Head to Head Leagues?

Classic is solely based on points, whereas head to head works similar to a league. From what I understand, you're paired with another entrant in that league every week, and the one with most points at the end of the game week takes all 3 points.
Marxista Fozzski
(08 Aug 2014, 4:59 pm)aureolin wrote Classic is solely based on points, whereas head to head works similar to a league. From what I understand, you're paired with another entrant in that league every week, and the one with most points at the end of the game week takes all 3 points.

So one week I would go up go up against you, then I would go up against Malarkey the next game week for example...I should have been able to work that one out in my medication addled brain lol...

By the way, could we have this stickied/pinned on the off-topic board, then it won't have to be bumped too much if it slips down the board
Only 9 Teams, Need one of those spoiler alert things, like what have been used previously for the Photo Competition on the Homepage, may boost interest for those who don't look at this Page in particular.
(08 Aug 2014, 8:16 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Are you on about Spoiler tags

[spoiler]spoiler tags[/spoiler]

Maybe not sure, one those Green Bar things that have popped up on the Homepage in Past.
Marxista Fozzski
(08 Aug 2014, 8:22 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Maybe not sure, one those Green Bar things that have popped up on the Homepage in Past.

You've lost me now mate 😕
I think sticky posts is something that we've probably got to discuss, as there's a whole handful of popular threads that could 'earn' that status. As for the announce bar, it's not really something that could go on there, as we've got to bear in mind that there are a lot of visitors that probably don't use the off topic sections. Smile
(08 Aug 2014, 9:09 pm)aureolin wrote I think sticky posts is something that we've probably got to discuss, as there's a whole handful of popular threads that could 'earn' that status. As for the announce bar, it's not really something that could go on there, as we've got to bear in mind that there are a lot of visitors that probably don't use the off topic sections. Smile

But arguably there will be a lot of visitors who like Football also, who are unaware of the NEB Fantasy League and the Off Topic Threads, might drum up further interest, hence the suggestion.
Marxista Fozzski
(08 Aug 2014, 9:09 pm)aureolin wrote I think sticky posts is something that we've probably got to discuss, as there's a whole handful of popular threads that could 'earn' that status. As for the announce bar, it's not really something that could go on there, as we've got to bear in mind that there are a lot of visitors that probably don't use the off topic sections. Smile

Or put a note on the front page of the site, with a link to this thread and the codes to join the NEB leagues...

I think it could do with being stickied though, to keep it at the top