You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Tyne and Wear Metro

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro
Try the train instead.

I once rode into town, boarded a train to Stocksfield, and rode back through Ovingham, Wylam, Newburn and Lemington before crossing Scotswood Bridge where I followed the Derwent Walk back home.

I've also biked up the Derwent Walk up to Consett, then down to Durham through Lanchester and Langley Park, caught the train from Durham to Newcastle, then from Newcastle back home.

If you want to stay within Tyne and Wear, why don't you bike into Sunderland and catch the train to either Metrocentre or Blaydon and make your way back from there?

It should be feasible.
(09 Aug 2014, 6:09 pm)aureolin wrote Or wash your bike? Tongue

My Bike is Clean, Gets a Good Soapy Wash once a Month, Only problem is my Tires are Bald and I can't afford atm to get New Ones, So it would be a Risky Challenge.
(09 Aug 2014, 9:41 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote My Bike is Clean, Gets a Good Soapy Wash once a Month, Only problem is my Tires are Bald and I can't afford atm to get New Ones, So it would be a Risky Challenge.

I wouldn't be riding that distance on bald tyres... it's a long way to push your bike back if things go wrong.
Forum Moderatorย |ย Find NEB on facebook
(09 Aug 2014, 9:42 pm)aureolin wrote I wouldn't be riding that distance on bald tyres... it's a long way to push your bike back if things go wrong.

Indeed it is, I'd wait until I have New Tyres before doing anything like that, Although I have Biking it to Chester Park 3-4 Days a Week for the Past Month and a Half on Bald Tyres, Seem to be Surviving for Now.
i dunno if this helps,but theres a place you can store your bike at Whitley Bay metro if thats not too far out of your way,just thinking cus if you get kicked off the metro(which will happen) then it will be a massive pain in the arse for you,but ages ago i heard you have to rent it in advance(not too sure tho)
(10 Aug 2014, 8:02 pm)V514DFT wrote i dunno if this helps,but theres a place you can store your bike at Whitley Bay metro if thats not too far out of your way,just thinking cus if you get kicked off the metro(which will happen) then it will be a massive pain in the arse for you,but ages ago i heard you have to rent it in advance(not too sure tho)

Canny few Miles back to Washington that's for sure.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Tyne and Wear Metro
(10 Aug 2014, 9:58 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Canny few Miles back to Washington that's for sure.
Think they have some of those little sheds at Heworth too.
(11 Aug 2014, 5:17 am)Dan wrote Think they have some of those little sheds at Heworth too.

Think next to the 27 Stand, if you were heading towards Newcastle, I fancy leaving my Bike there all day though, probs get nicked or vandalized in some form.
(11 Aug 2014, 6:22 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Think next to the 27 Stand, if you were heading towards Newcastle, I fancy leaving my Bike there all day though, probs get nicked or vandalized in some form.

Its not Washington you know.....
(11 Aug 2014, 6:48 pm)citaro5284 wrote Its not Washington you know.....

Got nothing on those Jarrow Crusaders that come through Heworth on a Daily Basis, and then you have those Rough ones that are night all there from Pelaw and Hebburn thrown in the Mix as well.
oh dear....

There are currently no trains running systemwide due to a major power outage. We'll update you as soon as we have more information. We're sorry for the delay to your journey.
(12 Aug 2014, 10:16 am)citaro5284 wrote oh dear....

There are currently no trains running systemwide due to a major power outage. We'll update you as soon as we have more information. We're sorry for the delay to your journey.

Oh dear!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Aug 2014, 10:16 am)citaro5284 wrote oh dear....

This is why I don't use the Metro anymore - much more reliable to use the Coaster, as everytime I try to use it the timetable has gone to pot and I'm left waiting 15 minutes for a train!
(12 Aug 2014, 10:25 am)Tom wrote This is why I don't use the Metro anymore - much more reliable to use the Coaster, as everytime I try to use it the timetable has gone to pot and I'm left waiting 15 minutes for a train!

Imagine being on the X9/X10 today!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Aug 2014, 10:30 am)Michael wrote Imagine being on the X9/X10 today!

Imagine the Crusader? Coaster?

EDIT

Update: power has been restored. Trains are running systemwide, subject to severe delays. We're sorry for the delay to your journey.
Updated at 12:10, Tuesday, 12 August 2014.
Funny it was updated at 12:10 yet it's 11:30 Huh
(12 Aug 2014, 10:31 am)Tom wrote Imagine the Crusader? Coaster?

EDIT

Update: power has been restored. Trains are running systemwide, subject to severe delays. We're sorry for the delay to your journey.
Updated at 12:10, Tuesday, 12 August 2014.
Funny it was updated at 12:10 yet it's 11:30 Huh

Not heard of Nexus and there Amazing Metro Minutes, whereby there ahead of time so 2 Trains are due on the same Platform at the same time, Obviously Today someone has majorly screwed up.
Site Administrator
Adam, you'd stand no chance of getting on the Metro with a bike as has already been pointed out.

Guy got on with one on Felling and the driver came out with "No bikes on the Metro. Get off now please." over the announcements.
(15 Aug 2014, 8:23 am)Dan wrote Adam, you'd stand no chance of getting on the Metro with a bike as has already been pointed out.

Guy got on with one on Felling and the driver came out with "No bikes on the Metro. Get off now please." over the announcements.

oh well, looks like my plan is dead in the water.
Site Administrator
Next train display at Gateshead Stadium...

1. Pelaw - 7 (minutes)
2. South Hylton - 6 (minutes)

And then it shot down to 'Due' for the Pelaw one, 30 seconds before it arrived. Crazy.
(24 Aug 2014, 9:30 am)aureolin wrote Tyne and Wear Metro
1 hr ยท
Delays systemwide due to operational problems.

Any ideas? Answers on a post card Wink

Because its sunny?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(24 Aug 2014, 10:29 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Are there works on the north side of the river somewhere?

No idea if the two are connected

Shiremoor and North Shields I think, but they first posted about these "operational issues" yesterday late afternoon.
Forum Moderatorย |ย Find NEB on facebook
Chichester is closed and trains will not be stopping at this station until further notice. This is due to flooding. We will update you once we have more information.

Edit:

Tyne and Wear Metro
1 min ยท
Chichester is closed and trains will not be stopping at this station until further notice. This is due to flooding. Go North East are accepting Metro tickets on bus services 5 27 between Tyne Dock and South Shields. We're sorry for any inconvenience.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
There will be a link somewhere, but the RAIB are investigating an incident that happened on a St James train a few weeks back.

There was damage to both train and infrastructure.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(29 Aug 2014, 4:48 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote There will be a link somewhere, but the RAIB are investigating an incident that happened on a St James train a few weeks back.

There was damage to both train and infrastructure.

What happened there like?