You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

NEB Fantasy Football League - 2014/15

NEB Fantasy Football League - 2014/15

RE: NEB Fantasy Football League - 2014/15
(14 Aug 2014, 5:57 pm)mb134 wrote Registered, one question however, say if your first choice GK was injured, would the substitute automatically go into your team?

In the past, you picked your starting line up for each game - plus your subs.
The keeper comes on whenever your starting keeper doesn't play - but counts as one of your three substitutions.

The outfield players come on, in the order you put them on your bench - based on the same scenario.

Potentially a player scoring a stack of points, would not get you points, due to him being on the bench and the others coming on ahead of him
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
As I beleive aureolin provided the prize this time, I'm willing to provide it this time.
It'll be a Two Zone Buzzfare ticket, with zones of your choice, or a Get Around ticket.
(14 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote In the past, you picked your starting line up for each game - plus your subs.
The keeper comes on whenever your starting keeper doesn't play - but counts as one of your three substitutions.

The outfield players come on, in the order you put them on your bench - based on the same scenario.

Potentially a player scoring a stack of points, would not get you points, due to him being on the bench and the others coming on ahead of him
Cheers Smile
Picked my team.

Apart from the odd exception, I have gone for players with Premier League experience, rather than choose any of the new arrivals.

Tended to avoid some of the bigger teams, who rely on squads and change their starting XI, week in week out.

No doubt the tactics will fail miserably and my wild card will be utilised in a week or two :p

Good luck everyone!
(15 Aug 2014, 3:07 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Picked my team.

Apart from the odd exception, I have gone for players with Premier League experience, rather than choose any of the new arrivals.

Tended to avoid some of the bigger teams, who rely on squads and change their starting XI, week in week out.

No doubt the tactics will fail miserably and my wild card will be utilised in a week or two :p

Good luck everyone!

Changed my Team like a Million Times in the Last 3 Weeks since I originally set it up, think i'll with what I have for now.
(15 Aug 2014, 3:15 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Changed my Team like a Million Times in the Last 3 Weeks since I originally set it up, think i'll with what I have for now.

My team has got a few decent players and a few outsiders (mainly from the promoted teams). I have not got Sanchez in there, and have two top goalkeepers and my defence is solid.
(15 Aug 2014, 3:26 pm)Tom wrote My team has got a few decent players and a few outsiders (mainly from the promoted teams). I have not got Sanchez in there, and have two top goalkeepers and my defence is solid.

I've managed to Juggle it a bit where I have 5 or 6 Top Quality Players, then the rest is made up of Players who are still Top Quality Players, but are Priced rather cheaply. I have also got at least 5 Players who have came in from Europe.
(15 Aug 2014, 3:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I've managed to Juggle it a bit where I have 5 or 6 Top Quality Players, then the rest is made up of Players who are still Top Quality Players, but are Priced rather cheaply. I have also got at least 5 Players who have came in from Europe.

This is my team AT PRESENT but will change more than likely:

GK - Szczesney, Howard
DEF - Trippier, Veljkovic (S), Chambers (S), Baines, Debuchy
MID - Ramsey, Eriksen, Ward Prowse, Guédioura (S), Cabella
STR - Sturridge, Costa, Long
(15 Aug 2014, 3:45 pm)Tom wrote This is my team AT PRESENT but will change more than likely:

GK - Szczesney, Howard
DEF - Trippier, Veljkovic (S), Chambers (S), Baines, Debuchy
MID - Ramsey, Eriksen, Ward Prowse, Guédioura (S), Cabella
STR - Sturridge, Costa, Long

Here is mine

GK - Mannone/Gilks(S)
DEF: Caulker/Lovren/Isla/Bruce(S),Roberge(S)
MID: Hazard/Fabregas/Ince/A.Johnson/Sanchez
STR: Costa/Sturridge/Wood(S)
Whey, seeing as everyone else is showing theirs off...

Lloris/Green
Bardsley/Debuchy/Baines/Kompany/Pieters
Ramsey/Johnson/Nasri/Barkley/Puncheon
Riviere/Sturridge/Bojan

Looking at others teams, not much in common with them at all.
(15 Aug 2014, 6:34 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Can more than one team be entered...my mam fancies entering...

OK, I want a second entry for myself

Best not, otherwise we'd have to allow the same for everyone.

I'll refrain from posting my team until the transfer deadline. Tongue
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(16 Aug 2014, 6:25 pm)aureolin wrote My team.

Regretting taking out Ramsey and Koscielny already, as both Scored for Arsenal against Crystal Palace, think I may have to tweak my Team ahead of Next Week.
Re: RE: NEB Fantasy Football League - 2014/15
(16 Aug 2014, 6:45 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Regretting taking out Ramsey and Koscielny already, as both Scored for Arsenal against Crystal Palace, think I may have to tweak my Team ahead of Next Week.
Only one sub remember, or you get a deduction.
(16 Aug 2014, 6:47 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Might use the Wild Card
Don't be tempted in week one. Let a few weeks go and points should even out.
(16 Aug 2014, 6:48 pm)aureolin wrote Don't be tempted in week one. Let a few weeks go and points should even out.

Koscielny > Isla
Ramsey > A.Johnson
Eriksen > Ince
Berahino > Sturridge

And I gave into Temptation, but the Team is now looks significantly Stronger.
(16 Aug 2014, 6:57 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Koscielny > Isla
Ramsey > A.Johnson
Eriksen > Ince
Berahino > Sturridge

And I gave into Temptation, but the Team is now looks significantly Stronger.

Eriksen is an interesting one. I'm keen to see what he does this season, as he didn't have too bad of a return last season goals wise.
(16 Aug 2014, 6:59 pm)aureolin wrote Eriksen is an interesting one. I'm keen to see what he does this season, as he didn't have too bad of a return last season goals wise.

I was tempted by Lamela, But as didn't play much Last Season, I opted not to the Risk of putting him in my Team.
Just wish I had put Ramsey as my captain!
#hindsight
#hashtagsonNEB

On a different note, some of the team names are obvious and others are the same as the World Cup Fantasy League.

Is it worth everyone stating their team name, so we know who is behind each one?

Curious to know who Shona Henderson is Wink
(16 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Just wish I had put Ramsey as my captain!
#hindsight
#hashtagsonNEB

On a different note, some of the team names are obvious and others are the same as the World Cup Fantasy League.

Is it worth everyone stating their team name, so we know who is behind each one?

Well you know which is mine as my name is next to it. Tongue
Marxista Fozzski
(16 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Just wish I had put Ramsey as my captain!
#hindsight
#hashtagsonNEB

My team is Bayern Manyoonich
Well, after two days worth of matches - it is very close already.

Some lucky buggers elsewhere landed on their feet, with stacks of points - but us here in the NEB leagues, are just average!
(17 Aug 2014, 4:54 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Well, after two days worth of matches - it is very close already.

Some lucky buggers elsewhere landed on their feet, with stacks of points - but us here in the NEB leagues, are just average!

I've got 28 points so far.
(17 Aug 2014, 4:54 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Well, after two days worth of matches - it is very close already.

Just been looking at the League Standings/Teams, and it appears quite a few of us including myself have the Chelsea Trio of (Hazard/Fabregas and Costa), I reckon it'll be very tight come Tomorrow Night after Chelsea vs Burnley.
(17 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Just been looking at the League Standings/Teams, and it appears quite a few of us including myself have the Chelsea Trio of (Hazard/Fabregas and Costa), I reckon it'll be very tight come Tomorrow Night after Chelsea vs Burnley.
Praying that Schurrle has the best game of his life, only Chelsea or Burnley player I've got in my team and the rest of it didn't do too well over the weekend so...