Menu

Pages (146)    137 38 39146   
mrnut85   17 Aug 2014, 5:38 pm
(17 Aug 2014, 5:27 pm)Dan wrote Now, now... This isn't a game of "Who knows the most", so don't turn it into that...

All I'm saying is that two of my family friends at Sunderland who are supervisors (clearly it might be a different title as you've gained this wisdom through working for the company for twelve years) are usually out and about in the City Centre making sure things are on time. You see similar at Blackett Street in Newcastle. You'll find these individuals at any events. When there were concerts at the Stadium of Light, these individuals guided people to the Wheatsheaf bus stop to get them home. There's a group of around five of them, and they're also found at the air show each and every year.

[Image: 14784749003_778d72c697.jpg]Stagecoach North East: 22082 / NK54BHA by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

These members of staff also double up as revenue protection staff, so they really do have a lot of variety and there's no set job that they do.

There have been times where they've gone out to cover mileage in another vehicle, as a result of a breakdown or something similar. Sunderland services are cross-city, so if there's a breakdown in the South of Sunderland, these individuals often take a vehicle to the North side of Sunderland and continue the service.

I think that's the polite way of putting it - because I think it works slightly different at Sunderland to what it does at South Shields...

What I've described above entails some of the duties of a leading driver, so Stagecoach definitely have something similar...
They don't double up as revenue protection, they are revenue protection that provide assistance at events such as the airshow. I'm not trying to make it a who knows more but one thing I hate is enthusiasts who try to tell bus company employees they are wrong are certain subjects. I'm not saying that is what you have tried with me but I have seen it myself and it really pisses me off.
Dan   17 Aug 2014, 5:48 pm
(17 Aug 2014, 5:38 pm)mrnut85 wrote They don't double up as revenue protection, they are revenue protection that provide assistance at events such as the airshow. I'm not trying to make it a who knows more but one thing I hate is enthusiasts who try to tell bus company employees they are wrong are certain subjects. I'm not saying that is what you have tried with me but I have seen it myself and it really pisses me off.

I'm an enthusiast who has family links within Sunderland depot, as well as a lot of family friends as drivers, engineers, and whatever this 'supervisor' role is. I think NEB was the first to hear about the first batch of gas buses at Sunderland over a year ahead of their arrival, originally due to vague details given by myself (when it was just initially discussed from management to those further down the chain) and later confirmed by Kuyoyo a few weeks later when he'd managed to get details. You shouldn't assume that enthusiasts don't know a thing or two about the company. Some enthusiasts will know a hell of a lot more than employees, for certain companies... I'm not saying that applies here, but given your description of how it works at South Shields, I'm positive it works differently at Sunderland.

These lads aren't dedicated for revenue protection, as far as I know. From what I've been told, their job entails that the least - as they're more commonly found in the City Centre or at the Wheatsheaf making sure things are on time and assisting customers with any queries they may have, as I said before, similar to the ones on Blackett Street in Newcastle.

They do provide assistant at special events as I said before, and they also attend any accidents that occur. I'm not sure if you were driving on the day when Park Lane got shut off due to an accident with a GNE Laser bus at the entrance/exit of the Interchange, but two of the lads were out then too, guiding drivers and passengers at both Park Lane and Green Terrace.

As I said before, they cover for drivers if there's been a breakdown or something else which has caused the scheduled driver to be stuck at one end of the route. They're out on service 16 a lot as if something happens towards the Hastings Hill end of the route, they need to get another bus out from the Wheatsheaf to North Sunderland.

As a kid, I used to go out with them and just chat. I liked riding buses so these lads and some of the drivers who are family/family friends used to invite me out to go round with them. Was a bit of company for them too, if nothing else.

Like I say, these lads don't have a set job and every day is different - that's why they enjoy it so much. Next time one of them is round mine, I'll ask them what their official job title is (if I remember), and post back...
Michael   19 Aug 2014, 10:50 am
Remember that song.. love shine a light

Just noticed it says... let the love light carry and NOT let the love, light curry haha

As a 9 year old who heard it going to the school assembly.. i did sound like curry haha

--------------

Forgot how good Billy Elliot is... Julie Walters is brill in it, so is a young Jamie Bell.

My fav line has to be.... I'll show you my fanny if you want haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   19 Aug 2014, 2:51 pm
Is it that bad i want it to snow, although it would be better after i come back from the lake district!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   19 Aug 2014, 2:53 pm
Has anyone been to Greggs today?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...rs-7637726

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan   19 Aug 2014, 3:01 pm
(19 Aug 2014, 2:53 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Has anyone been to Greggs today?

Me!

Saw a post on Facebook earlier about it - was so tempted to bring it up but the young lad who usually serves me wasn't in today.
Adrian   19 Aug 2014, 3:56 pm
(19 Aug 2014, 2:53 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Has anyone been to Greggs today?

Hackers?! ffs. Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Michael   20 Aug 2014, 7:07 pm
While being off uni, i'm re-watching some of my fav tv shows...

Watched the walking dead seasons 1-3, gonna watch season 4 tomorrow... Season 5 starts in the UK on Monday the 13th, of October, day after America.

After i'm gonna watch Game Of Thrones season 1-4 again, season 5 will return in 2015....

Gonna watch breaking bad - haven't watch it yet so no spoilers!

then gonna re-watch some DVD's! haha Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   20 Aug 2014, 7:53 pm
Nexus discussion forums close - http://www.nexus.org.uk/live-discussion-forum

Andreos1   20 Aug 2014, 7:58 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 7:53 pm)aureolin wrote Nexus discussion forums close - http://www.nexus.org.uk/live-discussion-forum

The died down quite a bit when they were moved a few years back from one area of the site, to another - I think a whole new board was set up too.

Adrian   20 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm
(20 Aug 2014, 7:58 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote The died down quite a bit when they were moved a few years back from one area of the site, to another - I think a whole new board was set up too.
It was, and the drupal based forum was very unfriendly for users. Their moderation policy was as anal as their photography policy too.

Adrian   21 Aug 2014, 7:32 pm
There's a "Traincrew" vacancy being advertised by Metro at the moment if it interests anyone. http://www.nexus.org.uk/careers/vacancies-metro

Out of interest - does anyone know what they mean when they refer to 'local government pension scheme'? Is this entry into one of the traditional final salary schemes that used to be offered, or is it just a bog standard defined contributions scheme?

Other perks look decent, apart from the holiday allowance. Sad

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   21 Aug 2014, 7:39 pm
Interesting that they suggest their staff passes are only valid on buses within Tyne and Wear... Must be able to get further away for free as a bus company employee!
MurdnunoC   21 Aug 2014, 8:27 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 7:39 pm)Dan wrote Interesting that they suggest their staff passes are only valid on buses within Tyne and Wear... Must be able to get further away for free as a bus company employee!

You can travel anywhere within the Explorer North East area, so I've been led to believe.
Andreos1   21 Aug 2014, 8:39 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 7:32 pm)aureolin wrote There's a "Traincrew" vacancy being advertised by Metro at the moment if it interests anyone. http://www.nexus.org.uk/careers/vacancies-metro

Out of interest - does anyone know what they mean when they refer to 'local government pension scheme'? Is this entry into one of the traditional final salary schemes that used to be offered, or is it just a bog standard defined contributions scheme?

Other perks look decent, apart from the holiday allowance. Sad

Do final salary schemes still exist for new entrants?
I imagine it is the 3%-12% contribution scheme (or similar).

Adrian   21 Aug 2014, 8:47 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 8:39 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Do final salary schemes still exist for new entrants?
I imagine it is the 3%-12% contribution scheme (or similar).

Corporate greed took over on the most part, but yes they're still in existence. East Coast still offer them, and look at the profits they're still pumping into the Treasury. Wink

I'd thought even local government had dropped to a defined contributions scheme for new entrants. Usually as bad as just like for like matching up to 10%.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   21 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm
Anyone being watching kids with camera's... based in Newcastles childrens unit, last episode tonight.

The young lad with cystic fibrosis who is on tonight is over the moon that he can sleep during the night without hes oxygen, it really brings it home im lucky because hes dream is to sleep at hes mates Sad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   21 Aug 2014, 9:01 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 8:47 pm)aureolin wrote Corporate greed took over on the most part, but yes they're still in existence. East Coast still offer them, and look at the profits they're still pumping into the Treasury. Wink

I'd thought even local government had dropped to a defined contributions scheme for new entrants. Usually as bad as just like for like matching up to 10%.

They probably have.
I got a local government one started a few years ago and it is like the one mentioned above.
It has probably reduced for new entrants now.

I don't work there now, so just letting it sit for the time being.

(21 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm)Michael wrote Anyone being watching kids with camera's... based in Newcastles childrens unit, last episode tonight.

The young lad with cystic fibrosis who is on tonight is over the moon that he can sleep during the night without hes oxygen, it really brings it home im lucky because hes dream is to sleep at hes mates Sad

Aye, makes you think.
Don't think it is a secret that one of my bairns was in there last year (and when he was born - not sure I have mentioned that before).

We are all lucky to have the facility so close to home.
You never know when you need it.

Michael   21 Aug 2014, 9:05 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 9:01 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Aye, makes you think.
Don't think it is a secret about one of my bairns being there last year (and when he was born - not sure I have mentioned that before).

We are all lucky to have the facility so close to home.
You never know when you need it.

It really does, the nurses and drs etc do alot of work and all seem canny. It also comes to you when most can do their own needles etc?

I was over the moon for him when he was told he could sleep out at hes mates.

I didnt know Andreos, i hope all was ok. Sorry if i brought back bad memories.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   21 Aug 2014, 9:17 pm
(21 Aug 2014, 9:05 pm)Michael wrote It really does, the nurses and drs etc do alot of work and all seem canny. It also comes to you when most can do their own needles etc?

I was over the moon for him when he was told he could sleep out at hes mates.

I didnt know Andreos, i hope all was ok. Sorry if i brought back bad memories.

Nah, you didn't bring any bad memories back.
It was horrible at the time (both times actually) but he is well now - partly cos his determination and partly because of the care he received.

We are lucky to have that place.

Can remember it being planned, built etc and thinking about the poor kids being admitted - never knew what would happen just a few years later!

The ironic thing was, I bumped into the football coach of the eldest in there.
He was visiting his physically and mentally disabled granddaughter, who had taken a bad turn and had been admitted.

Had no idea of his circumstances. It made me realise how lucky we had been.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   21 Aug 2014, 10:44 pm
Please Paul, no

Paul Gascoigne to make playing return in Sunday League with Abbey FC

Judging by this picture, I don't know how he could play with himself, never mind play a football match
[Image: PAY-MAIN-Paul-Gascoigne.jpg]

What a tragedy he has become, he was my idol as a nipper and it makes sad knowing the poor bast are could drop down dead at any moment
R852 PRG   22 Aug 2014, 5:15 am
(21 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm)Michael wrote Anyone being watching kids with camera's... based in Newcastles childrens unit, last episode tonight.

Not sure if he's still in it, but that kid Tyrone with Asthma - absolutely hilarious!! Was about to hyperventilate with laughter when he started sining.
Andreos1   22 Aug 2014, 8:18 pm
Just checked fb as there were a few notifications.

One of them is an icebucket challenge.
It is a shame videos cant be posted on here... Rolleyes
May add a still.

MrFozz   22 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 8:18 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Just checked fb as there were a few notifications.

One of them is an icebucket challenge.
It is a shame videos cant be posted on here... Rolleyes
May add a still.

Upload it to YouTube, then link it on here
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   22 Aug 2014, 8:25 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Upload it to YouTube, then link it on here

The mask of anonymity may disappear then though.
eezypeazy and busman101 may recognise me!
I could be hit with a banning order for my FPF allegiances!

MrFozz   22 Aug 2014, 8:33 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 8:25 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote The mask of anonymity may disappear then though.
eezypeazy and busman101 may recognise me!
I could be hit with a banning order for my FPF allegiances!

Do with a ski mask on, that would be funny, you remember IRA press conferences years ago, they had a 1 guy reading the statement and 2 guys behind him, all with ski masks on and possibly carrying AK-47's...do it by taking the piss out of Republicans(The Irish lot, not the American Republican Party) [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
Andreos1   23 Aug 2014, 8:29 am
(22 Aug 2014, 8:33 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Do with a ski mask on, that would be funny, you remember IRA press conferences years ago, they had a 1 guy reading the statement and 2 guys behind him, all with ski masks on and possibly carrying AK-47's...do it by taking the piss out of Republicans(The Irish lot, not the American Republican Party) [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Not a bad idea!
I could have a 'North Korean' style montage at the start and end of the clips - showing FPF comrades going through parachute jumps, exercises and drills too!

MrFozz   23 Aug 2014, 8:33 am
(23 Aug 2014, 8:29 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Not a bad idea!
I could have a 'North Korean' style montage at the start and end of the clips - showing FPF comrades going through parachute jumps, exercises and drills too!

You know what, if you are good at editing, that would be quite funny, I just love seeing things that takes the pics out of idiots [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   23 Aug 2014, 11:02 am
I don't care what people say, its to early, etc!... this is the best

Even though i was born in 1991 and i'm now 23, i still class this as a Christmas tradition.. as i just think its amazing

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   23 Aug 2014, 11:12 am
Or..... for those whose old enough to remember!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (146)    137 38 39146