Menu

Pages (96)    134 35 3696   
best team in the north eastPoll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
sunderland
9 (50.00%)
newcastle
6 (33.33%)
middlesbourgh
0 (0%)
hartlepool
0 (0%)
gateshead
1 (5.56%)
south shields
1 (5.56%)
jarrow & boldon roofing
1 (5.56%)
other
0 (0%)
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
Malarkey   16 Aug 2014, 1:58 pm
(16 Aug 2014, 12:39 pm)Michael wrote Hes a spitter haha

Dirty Bugger either way, Celtic won 6-1 in the end, I will be watching Arsenal vs Crystal Palace at 17:30.
Andreos1   18 Aug 2014, 7:01 pm
The guy who used to read the football scores has died.
Recognised his voice straight away, from the short clip of Grandstand someone had put on twitter.

The league tables are interesting too!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BacAMHc7Bl0

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
MrFozz   18 Aug 2014, 7:35 pm
(18 Aug 2014, 7:01 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote The guy who used to read the football scores has died.
Recognised his voice straight away, from the short clip of Grandstand someone had put on twitter.

The league tables are interesting too!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BacAMHc7Bl0

Nottingham Forest up there, of course we all know what happened at Wimbledon, been tough for Luton, Sunderland top of what is now League 1, and seeing teams like Scarborough and Newport and Maidstone in the National Division Tables...To think Darlington v Scarborough was a 4th Division and this season it will be a fixture in the Northern Premier League Division 1 North, 4/5 divisions below League 2
Michael   24 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm
Good point today, Sunderland played really well

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   24 Aug 2014, 7:33 pm

The way he says Alan Pardew because of hes american accent haha!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   24 Aug 2014, 8:28 pm
I just posted it in anything and everything, shoulda come here instead lol
MrFozz   26 Aug 2014, 8:22 pm
Franchise FC are beating Manure 1-0...

Van Gaal not having a good start [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

TO A NICER CLUB IT COULDN'T HAPPEN
MrFozz   26 Aug 2014, 8:23 pm
2-0 MK Dons as I was writing the last message [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
mb134   26 Aug 2014, 8:30 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:23 pm)marxistafozzski wrote 2-0 MK Dons as I was writing the last message [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Michael   26 Aug 2014, 8:33 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:30 pm)mb134 wrote 3...

Good, wonder of the man u fans want him out yet?

Proves they didnt give moyes time...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   26 Aug 2014, 8:34 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:30 pm)mb134 wrote 3...

Could have been 4 if MK got the penalty earlier on
mb134   26 Aug 2014, 8:36 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:33 pm)Michael wrote Good, wonder of the man u fans want him out yet?

Proves they didnt give moyes time...
I didnt particularly like Man U in the first place, but I felt their treatment towards Moyes was unfair, meanwhile being a bit disrespectful to Sir Alex, without whom they wouldn't be the club they are today. Now want nothing more than to see them go through what people in the North East have had to support
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   26 Aug 2014, 8:42 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:36 pm)mb134 wrote I didnt particularly like Man U in the first place, but I felt their treatment towards Moyes was unfair, meanwhile being a bit disrespectful to Sir Alex, without whom they wouldn't be the club they are today. Now want nothing more than to see them go through what people in the North East have had to support

Neither do i, sir alex left man u with a squad which has aged, he didnt replace anyone, hemce why they are struggling, of course the new system they are playing doesnt help at all.
Way they playing atm.. i dont see them in europe again this season...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   26 Aug 2014, 8:43 pm
4 fucking nil
Michael   26 Aug 2014, 8:45 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:43 pm)marxistafozzski wrote 4 fucking nil

Fucking get in hahahahahaha

Your getting sacked in the morning!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   26 Aug 2014, 8:46 pm
The look on Bobby Charltons face says it all [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
mb134   26 Aug 2014, 8:49 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:43 pm)marxistafozzski wrote 4 fucking nil
Hahahahahaha
Makes me feel better that we only beat Gillingham with an own goal tbh
Adrian   26 Aug 2014, 8:50 pm
He's put a team out there with no intention of winning, but instead, to try and match the opposition like for like. Unfortunately for LVG it's gone completely wrong. When I first seen the team, I was expecting a 1-0 defeat, perhaps after ET or penalties.

I wouldn't take too much from it, as it's not the first team that's been hammered tonight, but the squad are inevitably going to suffer from this!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
mb134   26 Aug 2014, 8:53 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:50 pm)aureolin wrote He's put a team out there with no intention of winning, but instead, to try and match the opposition like for like. Unfortunately for LVG it's gone completely wrong. When I first seen the team, I was expecting a 1-0 defeat, perhaps after ET or penalties.

I wouldn't take too much from it, as it's not the first team that's been hammered tonight, but the squad are inevitably going to suffer from this!
He's been naive in my opinion, Man Utd can't defeat anyone by being Man Utd any more and by the look of that defensive line-up (except De Gea) he thought they could. Everyone can now see how good Sir Alex was, making Championship standard players Prem title winners...
MrFozz   26 Aug 2014, 8:55 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:50 pm)aureolin wrote He's put a team out there with no intention of winning, but instead, to try and match the opposition like for like. Unfortunately for LVG it's gone completely wrong. When I first seen the team, I was expecting a 1-0 defeat, perhaps after ET or penalties.

Man Utds stiffs should on paper beat MK Dons...

Tonight hasn't just backfired, a A-Bomb has gone off right in front of him...As they were saying earlier on the commentary 10 changes will more than likely be made come Saturday...

That result has made my night Wink
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   26 Aug 2014, 9:00 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:55 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Man Utds stiffs should on paper beat MK Dons...

Tonight hasn't just backfired, a A-Bomb has gone off right in front of him...As they were saying earlier on the commentary 10 changes will more than likely be made come Saturday...

That result has made my night Wink

I'd disagree. MK Dons have played a team that play together weekly playing competitive football. Man Utd's reserves don't. In my view nothing can beat regular competitive football to gel a team together.

MrFozz   26 Aug 2014, 9:02 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 8:53 pm)mb134 wrote He's been naive in my opinion, Man Utd can't defeat anyone by being Man Utd any more and by the look of that defensive line-up (except De Gea) he thought they could. Everyone can now see how good Sir Alex was, making Championship standard players Prem title winners...

Alex Ferguson was not just good...The man is a genius...As for making Championship Standard players Premier League Winners, can you expand on that, tell me exactly who in the last 10 years you would say is/was Championship Standard
mb134   26 Aug 2014, 9:09 pm
(26 Aug 2014, 9:02 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Alex Ferguson was not just good...The man is a genius...As for making Championship Standard players Premier League Winners, can you expand on that, tell me exactly who in the last 10 years you would say is/was Championship Standard
Sorry should have made that a bit clearer, the team he handed across to Moyes is full of them, in my opinion anyway, yes De Gea, Rooney, Januzaj (now), Van Persie etc are all outstanding, but Welbeck Evans Cleverley etc I believe to be of a very low quality, Championship or low Premier League at very very best
MrFozz   27 Aug 2014, 11:02 am
(26 Aug 2014, 9:09 pm)mb134 wrote Sorry should have made that a bit clearer, the team he handed across to Moyes is full of them, in my opinion anyway, yes De Gea, Rooney, Januzaj (now), Van Persie etc are all outstanding, but Welbeck Evans Cleverley etc I believe to be of a very low quality, Championship or low Premier League at very very best

I think the same could probably be said of most of Ferguson's teams when I think about it...looking at the team over the last 10-15 years, take Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Gary Neville, Ferdinand and Vidic out the equation and all that is really left is what you call lower prem/top championship players...As for the current crop...I like Januzaj, but I fear he might end up being overrated, he is still only about 19 and last season there was comparison to Ryan Giggs, that is a lot of pressure on him, I like Rooney, he frustrates the he'll out of me, I wish he could perform for England as he does for Man Utd, maybe stick a red shirt under his England Shirt...

I can't see United doing much this season, but I am confident they will qualify for Europe by finishing top 6
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   27 Aug 2014, 11:19 am
(27 Aug 2014, 11:02 am)marxistafozzski wrote I think the same could probably be said of most of Ferguson's teams when I think about it...looking at the team over the last 10-15 years, take Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Gary Neville, Ferdinand and Vidic out the equation and all that is really left is what you call lower prem/top championship players...As for the current crop...I like Januzaj, but I fear he might end up being overrated, he is still only about 19 and last season there was comparison to Ryan Giggs, that is a lot of pressure on him, I like Rooney, he frustrates the he'll out of me, I wish he could perform for England as he does for Man Utd, maybe stick a red shirt under his England Shirt...

I can't see United doing much this season, but I am confident they will qualify for Europe by finishing top 6

Even players that turned out to be greats - such as Beckham, G. Neville and Paul Scholes... they were added to an already championship winning squad. Even with the likes of Ferdinand, Rooney, Vidic, Ronaldo. The base of a good squad was always there. Others have come in recently, such as Mata, Di Maria, Herrera, but the basis of a good squad isn't there. A team is only as good as it's defence. Man Utd for the first time in my memory have put out a 3 and 2 wing backs, yet there's not one that stands out as a great player.

Adrian   27 Aug 2014, 11:20 am
Also, unless anyone has any major objections, I'm proposing to merge this thread with the previous football thread?

mb134   27 Aug 2014, 11:23 am
(27 Aug 2014, 11:02 am)marxistafozzski wrote I think the same could probably be said of most of Ferguson's teams when I think about it...looking at the team over the last 10-15 years, take Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Gary Neville, Ferdinand and Vidic out the equation and all that is really left is what you call lower prem/top championship players...As for the current crop...I like Januzaj, but I fear he might end up being overrated, he is still only about 19 and last season there was comparison to Ryan Giggs, that is a lot of pressure on him, I like Rooney, he frustrates the he'll out of me, I wish he could perform for England as he does for Man Utd, maybe stick a red shirt under his England Shirt...

I share your Januzaj thoughts, especially now as he's been handed the number 11 shirt, yet more expectations.
Seems the last of their glory hunting fans will finally be turning blue... Which could be the only good thing out of this (From Man U's point of view anyway)
Michael   27 Aug 2014, 11:25 am
(27 Aug 2014, 11:20 am)aureolin wrote Also, unless anyone has any major objections, I'm proposing to merge this thread with the previous football thread?

Up to you, does seem the best idea

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   27 Aug 2014, 11:54 am
(27 Aug 2014, 11:20 am)aureolin wrote Also, unless anyone has any major objections, I'm proposing to merge this thread with the previous football thread?

If that is what is best for business then not a problem mate

#NEBBESTFORBUSINESS
Malarkey   27 Aug 2014, 1:06 pm
(27 Aug 2014, 11:54 am)marxistafozzski wrote If that is what is best for business then not a problem mate

#NEBBESTFORBUSINESS

Alright Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Chill Out Wink, Hope all is well Fozz
Pages (96)    134 35 3696