You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Marxista Fozzski
Announcement...
I have waited till I told people close to me, but guess what?

I'm going to Scotland, got the word on Wednesday, starting September 9th, looking likely I may be away for 2 year, though I may get home in 12 months, depending on my progress.

I have put everything into getting this and my effort has paid off, I even give my best friends wedding a miss to put all I could into getting this placement and I can justify letting my friend down, because I achieved what I set out to do.

So, I have just over a fortnight left, and it may not be till Spring 2016 before I find my way back home full time, in that time I intend to completely drop off the radar, isolate myself only keeping in touch with a couple of people, to most people it will be like I have simply disappeared...

I want to take a moment to thank you all for your support, it means a lot not only to me, but my family as well, I love this place and the mad little world of bus enthusiasm, some of you I know, some I don't, some of you I like, some who do my head in.

I enjoy NEB for all it's little faults, backbiting, bitching and moaning at times, it is a good place to be...

As I asked a while ago, can I ask that the mods do not delete my account, it is going to be quite inactive for up to 2 years, but I am coming back and I will be intending to use it again in the future...

So, this is it, now or never and I have a real good feeling about this and if I can come home fit and well and twice the person I am no, then there are some exciting times coming up.

The first few months will be hell for me, will have to pack in smoking and go through a cold turkey to get off pain and sleep pills and I ain't looking forward to that, but if I don't do it now, I will probably die before I'm 40, I'm 32 now and some people actually told me once they were surprised to see me hit 30

So once again, thanks, keep me in your thoughts, pray for me, whatever...I will say my last goodbye in a couple of weeks before I go 😀
RE: Announcement...
(22 Aug 2014, 11:33 pm)marxistafozzski wrote I have waited till I told people close to me, but guess what?

I'm going to Scotland, got the word on Wednesday, starting September 9th, looking likely I may be away for 2 year, though I may get home in 12 months, depending on my progress.

I have put everything into getting this and my effort has paid off, I even give my best friends wedding a miss to put all I could into getting this placement and I can justify letting my friend down, because I achieved what I set out to do.

So, I have just over a fortnight left, and it may not be till Spring 2016 before I find my way back home full time, in that time I intend to completely drop off the radar, isolate myself only keeping in touch with a couple of people, to most people it will be like I have simply disappeared...

I want to take a moment to thank you all for your support, it means a lot not only to me, but my family as well, I love this place and the mad little world of bus enthusiasm, some of you I know, some I don't, some of you I like, some who do my head in.

I enjoy NEB for all it's little faults, backbiting, bitching and moaning at times, it is a good place to be...

As I asked a while ago, can I ask that the mods do not delete my account, it is going to be quite inactive for up to 2 years, but I am coming back and I will be intending to use it again in the future...

So, this is it, now or never and I have a real good feeling about this and if I can come home fit and well and twice the person I am no, then there are some exciting times coming up.

The first few months will be hell for me, will have to pack in smoking and go through a cold turkey to get off pain and sleep pills and I ain't looking forward to that, but if I don't do it now, I will probably die before I'm 40, I'm 32 now and some people actually told me once they were surprised to see me hit 30

So once again, thanks, keep me in your thoughts, pray for me, whatever...I will say my last goodbye in a couple of weeks before I go ?

Good luck.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Congratulations Fozz. I hope you get everything you want out of the place. I'll say a wee prayer for you. Very good luck to you Smile
Marxista Fozzski
Re: Announcement...
A little update...Where I am at right now

TICK TOCK...TICK TOCK...12 DAYS AND COUNTING

Not long till I go now, in 12 days to the minute I will have been in my placement for nearly half an hour, lol...Nerves are starting to creep in now, but that is to be expected, it shouldn't be too bad for me as I had lived in Care, although that was nearly 20 years ago, I had my first placement in 1996 and moved about up until 1997 where I got a placement for over 3 years and came back home after a short placement in High Etherley near Bishop Auckland, been back with my folks for over 13 years now, I longest I have lived anywhere in my life, so the fact I am somewhere with people looking after me should come easy enough, obviously, being a family-orientated person, I suffer bad from Homesickness, but I recognise that I need the help and if I want to be useful to people I have to be free from the Devils grasp and the demons surrounding me...

The support I am receiving is incredible and emotional, the Internet can be cynical and very hostile and unforgiving at times and the reaction here proves the 'Net is not as bad as it seems to be at times, and I can't thank people enough...

Bus Enthusiasm is a mad little world, there maybe moments of madness, whether it be trespassing on private land, pretending to be Nexus or a company Doctor , but all in all, it is good the majority of the time...I believe this site will expand massively in the next 12-24 months, So I am really confident I will be coming back home knowing NEB will be huge(my opinion).

Will leave another update on this before I go 😀
Announcement...
(28 Aug 2014, 1:51 pm)marxistafozzski wrote A little update...Where I am at right now

Not long till I go now, in 12 days to the minute I will have been in my placement for nearly half an hour, lol...Nerves are starting to creep in now, but that is to be expected, it shouldn't be too bad for me as I had lived in Care, although that was nearly 20 years ago, I had my first placement in 1996 and moved about up until 1997 where I got a placement for over 3 years and came back home after a short placement in High Etherley near Bishop Auckland, been back with my folks for over 13 years now, I longest I have lived anywhere in my life, so the fact I am somewhere with people looking after me should come easy enough, obviously, being a family-orientated person, I suffer bad from Homesickness, but I recognise that I need the help and if I want to be useful to people I have to be free from the Devils grasp and the demons surrounding me...

The support I am receiving is incredible and emotional, the Internet can be cynical and very hostile and unforgiving at times and the reaction here proves the 'Net is not as bad as it seems to be at times, and I can't thank people enough...

Bus Enthusiasm is a mad little world, there maybe moments of madness, whether it be trespassing on private land, pretending to be Nexus or a company Doctor , but all in all, it is good the majority of the time...I believe this site will expand massively in the next 12-24 months, So I am really confident I will be coming back home knowing NEB will be huge(my opinion).

Will leave another update on this before I go 😀

Just over 4 days until I'm back at school. Sad

Towards the end of the summer, you really don't want it to end.

Make sure you tell us how it goes. Smile
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Announcement...
(28 Aug 2014, 1:55 pm)Marcus wrote Just over 4 days until I'm back at school. Sad

That's the plan, although you won't hear from me for a few months, possibly Christmas or New Year as I won't have a phone when I first go, I will be keeping a journal so I can keep people updated and also to start blogging when the time is right
(28 Aug 2014, 1:55 pm)Marcus wrote Just over 4 days until I'm back at school. Sad

Do you go back on Monday like?

Also, good luck Fozz.
(28 Aug 2014, 3:51 pm)Marcus wrote Think that Monday is some kind of national teacher training day or something.

Probably is.
I really can't be arsed to go back though.
Site Administrator
I'm sort of looking forward to going back. A lot of my friends from school have received their new timetables and the majority are lucky and have Friday afternoons as designated 'study periods' (frees, to you and I). One girl who has Biology from 0915-1015, and then she's free all day after that.

I'm not getting mine until Tuesday at this rate, though I am allegedly going to receive a phone call tomorrow so I'll hopefully be able to get the details then instead.

It's going to be quite strange for me because I've been working in an environment where I've been (considerably) younger than most of the people I've worked with, for the past four weeks. The working environment (at Go North East, at least) is completely different to school, and I think the former is actually a lot better, as you feel like you're actually contributing to the success of the company if you're a part of a project team (which I have been). In school, you often think, 'When am I ever going to use this in life?', and if you haven't yet thought that, you will by the end of your GCSE syllabus, that's for sure!
(28 Aug 2014, 5:03 pm)Dan wrote I'm sort of looking forward to going back. A lot of my friends from school have received their new timetables and the majority are lucky and have Friday afternoons as designated 'study periods' (frees, to you and I). One girl who has Biology from 0915-1015, and then she's free all day after that.

I'm not getting mine until Tuesday at this rate, though I am allegedly going to receive a phone call tomorrow so I'll hopefully be able to get the details then instead.

It's going to be quite strange for me because I've been working in an environment where I've been (considerably) younger than most of the people I've worked with, for the past four weeks. The working environment (at Go North East, at least) is completely different to school, and I think the former is actually a lot better, as you feel like you're actually contributing to the success of the company if you're a part of a project team (which I have been). In school, you often think, 'When am I ever going to use this in life?', and if you haven't yet thought that, you will by the end of your GCSE syllabus, that's for sure!

What sort of things have you been doing at Riverside?
Site Administrator
(28 Aug 2014, 5:17 pm)Tom wrote What sort of things have you been doing at Riverside?

Different things every day.

In the department I'm with at the moment, you can go in with a plan for the day, but something crops up so you have to do something totally different.

You really can be at a different depot doing a different job every single day of the week though.
(28 Aug 2014, 1:51 pm)marxistafozzski wrote A little update...Where I am at right now

Will leave another update on this before I go ?

Not long to go now!

Sure everything will be fine.
Make it work and you will be fine too.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'