You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(02 Sep 2014, 12:51 pm)Michael wrote Quite gutted they are getting withdrawn, they are among the best B10's in the fleet...hopefully what ever replaces them will continue to provide a decent service.

It shows you are getting on Michael!
These fancy, modern buses don't always cut the mustard Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(02 Sep 2014, 1:05 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote It shows you are getting on Michael!
These fancy, modern buses don't always cut the mustard Wink

Tongue, don't mind the modern buses at all.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(31 Aug 2014, 11:59 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Chester and Cadets. What a combination!
Will see how long it is before they burn out.

Can't see the Cadets appearing on owt but the 71. Imagine them on the 28, 34 or x25?!

Cadets are also back up for MPDs on the 18 in case of long term VOR or MOT prep. Will be a bit easier getting around Woodhouse in one, rather than a Solar or B10
(02 Sep 2014, 1:57 pm)Tom wrote Bazza will be happy.

finally at last thought it wouldn't happen gonna get photo of it more than likely Thursday at the latest due to my Yorkshire adventure tomorrow anyways looks nice the one Matt took https://www.flickr.com/photos/williamsonm/15119967195/
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Just checked the GNE fb page out to see what info they had put on about the road closures at the Galleries (nowt) and it seems the comments relating to Avenue Vivienne and parked cars haven't gone down too well!
(02 Sep 2014, 9:29 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Just checked the GNE fb page out to see what info they had put on about the road closures at the Galleries (nowt) and it seems the comments relating to Avenue Vivienne and parked cars haven't gone down too well!

The only problem is that if the buses where taken out of AV then there'd be hell on from the populous and the Cooncillor and MP - there's no winning their at the moment it seems
(02 Sep 2014, 9:29 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Just checked the GNE fb page out to see what info they had put on about the road closures at the Galleries (nowt) and it seems the comments relating to Avenue Vivienne and parked cars haven't gone down too well!

Interesting what are these Road Closures at The Galleries, first I have heard of these.
(02 Sep 2014, 10:01 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Interesting what are these Road Closures at The Galleries, first I have heard of these.

Same here Undecided
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(02 Sep 2014, 10:00 pm)busman101 wrote The only problem is that if the buses where taken out of AV then there'd be hell on from the populous and the Cooncillor and MP - there's no winning their at the moment it seems

It looked like it was the local populous who were complaining.
Not about the service, but the size of the vehicles squeezing through an estate.

(02 Sep 2014, 10:01 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Interesting what are these Road Closures at The Galleries, first I have heard of these.

Saw the signs tonight as I was driving home from Sainsburys.
The roundabout behind Matalan is closed on the 5th (if I remember right). So the likes of the 4 and 50 will need to be diverted and will be unable to serve retail park stops.
Site Administrator
(02 Sep 2014, 10:06 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote It looked like it was the local populous who were complaining.
Not about the service, but the size of the vehicles squeezing through an estate.

Which Go North East responded to prior to today by allocating smaller vehicles to service 71...
(02 Sep 2014, 10:15 pm)Dan wrote Which Go North East responded to prior to today by allocating smaller vehicles to service 71...

that were diverted today, because they were too big...
Site Administrator
(02 Sep 2014, 10:19 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote that were diverted today, because they were too big...

Weren't you saying that the Volvo B10BLEs often got quite full if they were ahead of a 4? Imagine those very high loadings on anything smaller than a Cadet...

Although members of the public won't see this so much, Go North East has taken steps to reduce the amount of inconvenience to customers.
(02 Sep 2014, 10:06 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote It looked like it was the local populous who were complaining.

Saw the signs tonight as I was driving home from Sainsburys.
The roundabout behind Matalan is closed on the 5th (if I remember right). So the likes of the 4 and 50 will need to be diverted and will be unable to serve retail park stops.

That'll mean they'll be diverted round the back of the Retail Park, and come into The Galleries at the Lambton/Oxclose side and Vice Versa, as there is no other option for a Diversion if that Roundabout is closed Completely in all Directions.
(02 Sep 2014, 10:21 pm)Dan wrote Weren't you saying that the Volvo B10BLEs often got quite full if they were ahead of a 4? Imagine those very high loadings on anything smaller than a Cadet...

Although members of the public won't see this so much, Go North East has taken steps to reduce the amount of inconvenience to customers.

The B10s could get round AV without any problems, the only real problem was from those households that have cars and would either double park or park in a way as such we had to mount the kerb to pass safely. As for passenger numbers, those catching the bus on AV or Sedgeletch rd are so low a taxibus would be suffice on an hourly basis, the only time the 71 gets a good load is coming from houghton to chester around 9.30ish through lumley where its all stops and minimum of 5 OAPS per stop. On one occasion when i've done 4 hrs on an evening i've carried only 45 passengers in 4 full trips!!!!
(02 Sep 2014, 10:21 pm)Dan wrote Weren't you saying that the Volvo B10BLEs often got quite full if they were ahead of a 4? Imagine those very high loadings on anything smaller than a Cadet...

No, I said the 4 affects the loads on the 71.
If a 71 comes in front of a 4, it picks those passengers up. If the 4 comes first, the 71 is left with nobody to pick up - pretty much what happened when it ran to/from Sunderland, with the 20's etc.

It can't get through again this morning judging by reports on the GNE twitter feed.

(02 Sep 2014, 10:25 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote That'll mean they'll be diverted round the back of the Retail Park, and come into The Galleries at the Lambton/Oxclose side and Vice Versa, as there is no other option for a Diversion if that Roundabout is closed Completely in all Directions.

Aye, that will be the only way in/out.
It is later in the day if I remember correctly, so the majority of shoppers will have gone home.

(03 Sep 2014, 7:43 am)nk55 wrote The B10s could get round AV without any problems, the only real problem was from those households that have cars and would either double park or park in a way as such we had to mount the kerb to pass safely. As for passenger numbers, those catching the bus on AV or Sedgeletch rd are so low a taxibus would be suffice on an hourly basis, the only time the 71 gets a good load is coming from houghton to chester around 9.30ish through lumley where its all stops and minimum of 5 OAPS per stop. On one occasion when i've done 4 hrs on an evening i've carried only 45 passengers in 4 full trips!!!!

For years, it was a minibus route (177 and 178). Loads were never that fantastic on there - hence their withdrawal and amalgamation along with the 21a, 160 and 163 into the 71.

Why anyone thought the 71 would work is anyone's guess.
I have expressed my thoughts on the service many a time, so won't repeat it Wink
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(03 Sep 2014, 10:10 am)Michael wrote Does anyone know what times the drifter streetlite is on the lime 8?
It was in Park Lane at about 0750
(03 Sep 2014, 2:40 pm)Jimmi wrote Left Park Lane on service 8 at 1422.

Missed it every time haha, never mind!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
3829 is the Olympian that remains at Stanley due to 3874 been VOR. Didnt see 3814 or 3828 which suggests that they have indeed been withdrawn, without it been noted on the Fleet Allocation on the go north east website.
4852 has not been withdrawn yet and is on Limes today - apologies if anybody has posted this but Marcus might be happy either way Tongue
Go North East - Latest
(03 Sep 2014, 3:15 pm)Robert wrote 3829 is the Olympian that remains at Stanley due to 3829 been VOR. Didnt see 3814 or 3828 which suggests that they have indeed been withdrawn, without it been noted on the Fleet Allocation on the go north east website.
4852 has not been withdrawn yet and is on Limes today - apologies if anybody has posted this but Marcus might be happy either way Tongue

You've made my day! Smile
(03 Sep 2014, 3:17 pm)Marcus wrote You've made my day! Smile

Do the Lime ones make that horrid screeching sound like most of the R reg ones?
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(03 Sep 2014, 3:20 pm)Tom wrote Do the Lime ones make that horrid screeching sound like most of the R reg ones?
When pulling away for the first time in a while, yes.

Common of a lot of Volvo B10BLEs.
(03 Sep 2014, 3:40 pm)Dan wrote When pulling away for the first time in a while, yes.

Common of a lot of Volvo B10BLEs.

The dual door ones used to but they don't anymore.
(03 Sep 2014, 3:41 pm)Tom wrote The dual door ones used to but they don't anymore.

The dual door ones used to smell nice (apparently), but they don't anymore (apparently) :p
Do 3832 and 3833 have 1 seat more or 1 seat less than the other olympians? Certain its less but according to the Go North East fleet list its 1 more...