You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Latest
1700 X1 to Boro is running 12 mins late again today, and is being very closely followed by the 1715 which is running a mixture of both early/on time according to the live map...
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(04 Sep 2014, 4:42 pm)aureolin wrote 1700 X1 to Boro is running 12 mins late again today, and is being very closely followed by the 1715 which is running a mixture of both early/on time according to the live map...

The Chester-Le-Street roadworks causing problems - driver yesterday morning said he lost 12 minutes heading towards Newcastle, managed to get back on time, reached the roundabout and promptly lost 12 minutes again.

Moving onto the subject of the Streetlites - another change to what was expected is that 1574-89 are of the Max varation not the 10.8m we were expecting (meaning someone else is getting the 10.8m ones).
Next year, would it be possible for Blyth to get new buses for either the 1 or the 2, as every time I've seen them they've been busy, or at the very least half full and most of the passengers look like they will be fare paying. Just the buses on there at the moment sometimes don't seem to be big enough especially before/after most people have work/school and some are pretty old (1733/42/50)?

Also 1750 broke down on a 2 in Guide Post (I think) today, sometime in the late afternoon I think, while on its way to Blyth
(05 Sep 2014, 8:07 pm)mb134 wrote Next year, would it be possible for Blyth to get new buses for either the 1 or the 2, as every time I've seen them they've been busy, or at the very least half full and most of the passengers look like they will be fare paying. Just the buses on there at the moment sometimes don't seem to be big enough especially before/after most people have work/school and some are pretty old (1733/42/50)?

Also 1750 broke down on a 2 in Guide Post (I think) today, sometime in the late afternoon I think, while on its way to Blyth

Yes I agree - I also think reliability needs to be imrpoved on the 1/2 and the 308 also.
(05 Sep 2014, 8:07 pm)mb134 wrote Next year, would it be possible for Blyth to get new buses for either the 1 or the 2, as every time I've seen them they've been busy, or at the very least half full and most of the passengers look like they will be fare paying. Just the buses on there at the moment sometimes don't seem to be big enough especially before/after most people have work/school and some are pretty old (1733/42/50)?

These old MPDs will be replaced by 1760/62/67/91/98 transferred from Darlington.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(05 Sep 2014, 8:16 pm)Tom wrote Yes I agree - I also think reliability needs to be imrpoved on the 1/2 and the 308 also.
I agree about the reliability, which also makes me remember about 1795/6 it seems pretty much every time I see one of them it's late and not just by one or two minutes either, I saw one yesterday on a 1 and it was 12 minutes late with about 7 passengers...
(05 Sep 2014, 8:22 pm)mb134 wrote I agree about the reliability, which also makes me remember about 1795/6 it seems pretty much every time I see one of them it's late and not just by one or two minutes either, I saw one yesterday on a 1 and it was 12 minutes late with about 7 passengers...

1795/6 are very tired! Due to be binned soon..

Stockton had 4502 enter service today on the 27 and then 5/5A, and I believe 4063/9 are both withdrawn.

(05 Sep 2014, 8:18 pm)tyresmoke wrote These old MPDs will be replaced by 1760/62/67/91/98 transferred from Darlington.
Ah right thanks Smile ,I know it sounds bad but I still think the services should see some brand new buses, after all these "new" ones from Darlington are still all 9 years old (except 1798, which is 12)
(05 Sep 2014, 8:26 pm)mb134 wrote Ah right thanks Smile ,I know it sounds bad but I still think the services should see some brand new buses, after all these "new" ones from Darlington are still all 9 years old (except 1798, which is 12)

Temporary move I think, indeed these MPDs are due to be replaced soon regardless, maybe in 2015 or 2016?

(05 Sep 2014, 8:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote Temporary move I think, indeed these MPDs are due to be replaced soon regardless, maybe in 2015 or 2016?
Ah ok thanks Big Grin
Something was mentioned a few weeks ago about all new buses now coming with Wi-Fi as standard, with the 35 and it's new Streetlites will the other buses that are used on there also get Wi-Fi fitted to avoid any confusion with customers or will they just keep them without it?
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(05 Sep 2014, 8:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote Temporary move I think, indeed these MPDs are due to be replaced soon regardless, maybe in 2015 or 2016?
Didn't think I'd say it, but I quite like Arriva's MPDs. Their Solos on the other hand, well I wish there was someway of blowing them off the planet! Horrible screeching little things that are flung about like go-karts in Durham.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(05 Sep 2014, 8:38 pm)mb134 wrote Ah ok thanks Big Grin
Something was mentioned a few weeks ago about all new buses now coming with Wi-Fi as standard, with the 35 and it's new Streetlites will the other buses that are used on there also get Wi-Fi fitted to avoid any confusion with customers or will they just keep them without it?

The wifi on EcoCity's in Darlington were switched off last year and haven't been switched on since... Why do they install wifi on busses and not let passengers use it?
(06 Sep 2014, 10:22 am)JoshP wrote The wifi on EcoCity's in Darlington were switched off last year and haven't been switched on since... Why do they install wifi on busses and not let passengers use it?

They took the wifi kit out of them and re-used them on other vehicles, I believe some of Jesmonds Solos. Unsure whether any Ecocities still retain wifi or if they all got taken out.

Site Administrator
(06 Sep 2014, 10:26 am)tyresmoke wrote They took the wifi kit out of them and re-used them on other vehicles, I believe some of Jesmonds Solos. Unsure whether any Ecocities still retain wifi or if they all got taken out.

Are they going to be re-fitted with Wi-Fi?

I'd suggest that it would be especially useful as a marketing tool for the ex-demonstrator ones, if they're the ones that will be allocated to service X21.

All Arriva's moves are temporary!
(06 Sep 2014, 1:30 pm)Roland Pratt wrote All Arriva's moves are temporary!

They're nomadic buses! What else is there to say.
Temporarily based in Blyth, in preparation for a temporary move to Darlington.
Of course, the move to Redcar is only temporary - cos they need to be based on Belmont on a temporary basis. The move at Belmont, is to cover other vehicles on loan to Stockton on a temporary basis Wink

#homelessANEbuses
#temporarymoves
#hashtagsonNEB
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(06 Sep 2014, 2:02 pm)John_R wrote 4809 is back in service and is on service 2 today.

Cheers - updated fleet list accordingly.

(06 Sep 2014, 2:25 pm)Philly rf wrote The new x18 buses are due out in service by the 19 of sept

Thanks for the update. Scott mustn't have gotten around to updating the fleet list to reflect the arrival of these vehicles, so I've added them myself. You can view them by clicking here.

In addition, an updated list of all Streetlite fleet number to registration allocation is available here. Given that they're arriving in no particular order, I think it was the best idea to create the individual records now and edit the registrations as/when the vehicles arrive.
(06 Sep 2014, 8:27 pm)Dan wrote In addition, an updated list of all Streetlite fleet number to registration allocation is available here. Given that they're arriving in no particular order, I think it was the best idea to create the individual records now and edit the registrations as/when the vehicles arrive.

And further to that - 1577/84/6 have been spotted at Heysham Docks this evening along with a normal liveried example for the Midlands fleet.
(06 Sep 2014, 8:27 pm)Dan wrote Cheers - updated fleet list accordingly.

Thanks for the update. Scott mustn't have gotten around to updating the fleet list to reflect the arrival of these vehicles, so I've added them myself. You can view them by clicking here.

In addition, an updated list of all Streetlite fleet number to registration allocation is available here. Given that they're arriving in no particular order, I think it was the best idea to create the individual records now and edit the registrations as/when the vehicles arrive.

Cheers Dan, that was going to be my job tomorrow but never mind Wink Would have done it today but was busy updating the Arriva orders thread instead! Out on 5s with 1455 at the moment though

(06 Sep 2014, 2:25 pm)Philly rf wrote The new x18 buses are due out in service by the 19 of sept

With or without branding?
(06 Sep 2014, 9:33 pm)coldav wrote With or without branding?
If they cant get them branded by then, there's something seriously wrong!!