You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(11 Sep 2014, 12:54 pm)Dan wrote Indeed, I think that DFDS will partially contribute to the repainting of these vehicles.

They want presentation of buses which advertise their ferry service to be good and Go North East likewise want the same.

Go North East typically repaint their buses every 4-5 years, so now was the right time for them to be done.

Hopefully its done decent this time!

If they are gonna have different colours for each bus.... don't do white!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Sep 2014, 11:47 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote July/August 2011 was when they were last done, in my opinion they should be put into Corporate Livery as they are quite frequently off route on the 1 or the Wallsend Locals, even the 9 which I caught a few weeks ago, on the flipside of that Percy Main often Allocate either 6116/17 or one of Cobalt B9's to the 327, So in reality it's a pointless Repaint.

The reason why they are allocated to the Coaster or 17 is because they aren't all required on the 327 often.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(11 Sep 2014, 2:52 pm)Tom wrote The reason why they are allocated to the Coaster or 17 is because they aren't all required on the 327 often.
I'd suggest it's fairly unusual for the PVR of the 327 to be anything less than four, hence why four vehicles are branded...
(11 Sep 2014, 2:58 pm)Dan wrote I'd suggest it's fairly unusual for the PVR of the 327 to be anything less than four, hence why four vehicles are branded...

Often it's only three (on weekdays anyway).
Site Administrator
(11 Sep 2014, 2:59 pm)Tom wrote Often it's only three (on weekdays anyway).
Why are four vehicles branded then?
Site Administrator
(11 Sep 2014, 3:14 pm)Tom wrote One spare maybe?
Unlikely. Three vehicles would be branded with a corporate liveried spare if it's most likely for the PVR to be three.

The fact that four are branded and four will remain branded after this repaint suggests to me that four is usually the minimum PVR (and indeed this has been the case on all of my observations).
(11 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm)Dan wrote Unlikely. Three vehicles would be branded with a corporate liveried spare if it's most likely for the PVR to be three.

The fact that four are branded and four will remain branded after this repaint suggests to me that four is usually the minimum PVR (and indeed this has been the case on all of my observations).

It's not a normal service though in that the loadings (and therefore vehicles required) varies according to what DFDS have booked... One day it could be 3, next it could be 10!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
(11 Sep 2014, 8:12 pm)tyresmoke wrote It's not a normal service though in that the loadings (and therefore vehicles required) varies according to what DFDS have booked... One day it could be 3, next it could be 10!

I know that, and I think everyone else does too... However, the typical PVR is 4.
(11 Sep 2014, 8:12 pm)tyresmoke wrote It's not a normal service though in that the loadings (and therefore vehicles required) varies according to what DFDS have booked... One day it could be 3, next it could be 10!

Imagine 4 being allocated for some of the regular quiet, early/midweek runs - that are full of HGV's and very few foot passengers? Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
5307 broken down at Park Lane on Stand L. Replacement is one of the (battered) branded Solars.
(12 Sep 2014, 1:55 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Me and adam have noticed that 4968 and 4970 have now regained laser Vinals

Thanks for the update.

All should be done by Monday
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
3833s front destination is frozen to something like the attachment (a rough idea of what it looks like and just a crappy thing made on paint):
(12 Sep 2014, 4:47 pm)Jimmi wrote It's been like that for about a fortnight.

I know it has by todays sighting. I saw it one day about 2 weeks ago but just assumed its dest was loading. Then i saw it yesterday with the same problem then again today. Plus it hadnt been mentioned on here.
(12 Sep 2014, 2:12 pm)Michael wrote Thanks for the update.

All should be done by Monday

I tried like 7 Times to make a Post on here about 4968, but I couldn't connect to the Forum, Was having a nice chilled mini afternoon session at PL until Bazza turned up.
Site Administrator
(12 Sep 2014, 5:26 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I tried like 7 Times to make a Post on here about 4968, but I couldn't connect to the Forum, Was having a nice chilled mini afternoon session at PL until Bazza turned up.

Did you try to do it via Tapatalk?
Site Administrator
(12 Sep 2014, 5:41 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Yeah I did

Yeah, you can't use Tapatalk to post things (for now), which is due to the update of the forum software (details here).

I'd be able to do a lot more to get the show back on the road if I wasn't locked out of the server, but as I am, I can't do a thing - hence we're waiting for Liam! Tongue
(12 Sep 2014, 5:49 pm)Dan wrote Yeah, you can't use Tapatalk to post things (for now), which is due to the update of the forum software (details here).

I'd be able to do a lot more to get the show back on the road if I wasn't locked out of the server, but as I am, I can't do a thing - hence we're waiting for Liam! Tongue

I was baffled as Bazza posted without any problems, but I disconnected from the Wifi then reconnected, turned my phone on/off, and nothing worked, to be honest I thought it was a Problem with EE.
Site Administrator
(12 Sep 2014, 6:06 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I was baffled as Bazza posted without any problems, but I disconnected from the Wifi then reconnected, turned my phone on/off, and nothing worked, to be honest I thought it was a Problem with EE.

Guessing he used the main website opposed to Tapatalk.

As no plugins are working (they all need updating and reactivating - something which can't be done without access to the server), everything which requires a plugin isn't working.

We installed plugins to allow the forum to look the same as the other 'external' features on the site, such as the news page, fleet lists, etc. These still appear fine as they're not related to the forum, but as we haven't got the up-to-date plugin which allows custom design of the forum, the forum looks hideous.
The Tapatalk plugin was updated by Tapatalk yesterday for myBB 1.8, but obviously we haven't got it, which is why you can only use Tapatalk to a certain extent (ie read posts and not actually write any yourself). It's obviously quite irritating, as the mobile view of the forum doesn't work at the moment either.

It's a similar story with almost all features on the forum, and it's a waiting game until either Liam sorts it out or at least sorts me out with FTP access again.
(12 Sep 2014, 6:06 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I was baffled as Bazza posted without any problems, but I disconnected from the Wifi then reconnected, turned my phone on/off, and nothing worked, to be honest I thought it was a Problem with EE.

I had problems to, wouldn't let me post. I used the main website to.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

i think its because i've had an iphone ages now only had it since march or something as my old phone was keep on breaking down but now it is ok
(12 Sep 2014, 8:28 pm)Racer_Experience wrote i think its because i've had an iphone ages now only had it since march or something as my old phone was keep on breaking down but now it is ok

If tapatalk doesnt work on 1 phone, it wont work on another (in this situation). You must have used the website which is different to tapatalk (which isnt hard to work out).
Blackpool a trip to Bloomfield Road and back (Its a place in Blackpool and also a name of a football ground)
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Freshers started last night, so I ended up getting the 03:15 N56 home. I was genuinely surprised to see 12 passengers (including myself) on the bus in total. Always promising to see it being reasonably popular.