You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(17 Sep 2014, 10:25 am)morritt89 wrote Secondly, noticed yesterday on my ticket that when I scanned my pass, it states where I got on but not the end point. Any reason for this change? I know a while back GNE driver's used to ask where you were going (concessionary passes) before they printed a ticket but that ended at least a year ago. The only reason I could think would relate to concessionary fare reimbursement but unsure. Anyone know?  

AFAIK, GNE have never asked for destination for concessionary pass passengers (at least, not in the Tyne Valley), whereas Stagecoach always did (and might still do).

The implication is that, by not asking, the fare will be booked to the end terminus fare stage (I believe that concessionary journeys are reimbursed at a percentage of the standard fare).
(17 Sep 2014, 10:46 am)G-CPTN wrote AFAIK, GNE have never asked for destination for concessionary pass passengers (at least, not in the Tyne Valley), whereas Stagecoach always did (and might still do).

The implication is that, by not asking, the fare will be booked to the end terminus fare stage (I believe that concessionary journeys are reimbursed at a percentage of the standard fare).
(15 Sep 2014, 9:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 9 to 10 Months give or take I would say, I think the M2/M2A/M3(82/82A/83) will get New Vehicles anyway, so in reality it was pointless even updating the Timetable to be Honest, Probably only 1 or 2 Minor Changes that nobody would notice Anyway.

Site Administrator
To the above: clearly, despite our best efforts, you're still having issues with quoting posts.
I have had no issues myself, and Liam tried his best to actually find fault with quoting posts, but couldn't. If you're using Internet Explorer, please swap to another browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
I replied to the above message and theres nothing on the reply message, so I had to write it under a new message.

Moderators please sort it out, as it has nothing to do with my laptop.

Wasn't their something on here that somebody posted a transcript from the GNE facebook page, when somebody asked about where the green buses have gone and theres only red buses on the lime route etc.. and the GNE Rep stated that the lime brand and green buses will be coming back (probably new buses).

I do like the new mood section.

(15 Sep 2014, 9:29 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote M2/M2A/M3 Timetable has been Updated into Go North East Corporate, Picked it up in the Travel Office in Washington also noticed instead of a "Northern" Logo being over the Rear Wheel Arch, it is instead a "Go North East" one on the Picture of the Cadet displayed on the Front, could this mean the New Corporate Livery which is yet to be rolled out is no Different to the Northern Livery, As shown Below.

Furthermore from just looking at Simplygo.com the "Washington Street Shuttle" Tab has finally been Removed.

I really cant see them going any further with adding to the Livery. Saltmeadows seem to be none stop with repaints and the livery could quite easily get fully applied at the time of repaints. Think its mainly just for show than anything.
Site Administrator
(17 Sep 2014, 3:22 pm)cbma06 wrote I replied to the above message and theres nothing on the reply message, so I had to write it under a new message.

Moderators please sort it out, as it has nothing to do with my laptop.

Chris, see my above post.

As established here, Internet Explorer seems to be the issue for SOME people. If you're using IE, try swapping to Chrome or Firefox. If you're not using IE, have you tried clearing your cache and the usual malarkey?
As I said here yesterday, Liam vigorously tested the new temporary theme, which is still to receive more work, prior to release, and he could not find fault with quoting - no matter how hard he tried. I was the same, too. Clearly, some people are still having issues, and despite our best efforts, it doesn't appear to be something we can fix.

So much work has gone into updating the forum to myBB 1.8, following a period of us facing unexpected technical difficulties, and I myself devoted over an hour just by installing new features last night. You can appreciate that it's incredibly annoying for Liam and I that people are still having issues, but if we can't do anything to help, we can't - it's as simple as that. Liam and I have other commitments outside of NEB, and there's only so many hours in the day we can devote to fixing and improving the site.
Dan,  replying to your message above from using tapatalk,it puts the message as a new message and not a reply with your quote.

Ive only got IE on may laptop and I have had no problems with other forums etc...

also on tapatalk I used to go in and go into go north east latest, and it used to bring up the latest new message, but now it automatically goes to the first message in the list and then I have to scroll all the way down the first page so I can click to get the very last message that was sent.

mind boggling lol

Site Administrator
(17 Sep 2014, 3:39 pm)cbma06 wrote Dan,  replying to your message above from using tapatalk,it puts the message as a new message and not a reply with your quote.

Ive only got IE on may laptop and I have had no problems with other forums etc...

also on tapatalk I used to go in and go into go north east latest, and it used to bring up the latest new message, but now it automatically goes to the first message in the list and then I have to scroll all the way down the first page so I can click to get the very last message that was sent.

If you're having issues on Tapatalk too, I really have no idea. Tapatalk bears no resemblance to the forum (myBB).
Other forums won't have myBB 1.8 installed; hence, you won't be having issues with it.

As for the message thing - yes, that's a Tapatalk fault. Nothing to do with NEB, and we definitely cannot sort that out. It's with it being a fresh install of Tapatalk. Edit your settings on the app itself - I've done so, and it works fine.
Site Administrator
(17 Sep 2014, 3:44 pm)Drifter60 wrote I'm using safari via iPad Dan.. I used to always view a mobile version of NEB, that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Yes, mobile optimisation doesn't work (at present). This is due to the fact a plugin which automatically detects you're using a device which is not a computer/laptop has not yet been updated for use with myBB 1.8.
The plugin's release is expected imminently; when it is released, I will upload the plugin to NEB to allow you to have a mobile-friendly NEB again.
Surely Andreos1 is a happy bunny tonight - a new evening service to the people's republic of Fencehouses from November. There'll be parties on the streets of Fencehouses as we speak - will they be looking for independence next, or have they already got it ?????
Aye, pat on the back to those at GNE towers who made these changes happen!
Only noticed it in the GNE changes thread last night.

Getting a welcoming party organised.
By my estimates, it is must be about 10 years since the last Fencehouses -Washington service beyond the 2100 mark.

Why no circa 2300 from Heworth though?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(18 Sep 2014, 10:20 pm)aureolin wrote I remember when the ex London presidents were on the 21. One of them had the number on the left too.

and a few ominicities in fact one of them even once had a blind problem on its usual duties once on 19 only newly branded as soon as the driver changed the blind to go in the opposite direction to Ashington the blind was playing up i nicknamed the blind the X-Ray Machine or Hospital machine it has since been fixed 5244
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Site Administrator
Dennis Trident 3891 has moved from Saltmeadows to Thorntons of Ashington for a deep clean, which I imagine will be similar to the treatment the Tynedalexpress Solars received prior to the launch of services X84/X85.
(19 Sep 2014, 3:01 pm)Dan wrote Dennis Trident 3891 has moved from Saltmeadows to Thorntons of Ashington for a deep clean, which I imagine will be similar to the treatment the Tynedalexpress Solars received prior to the launch of services X84/X85.

Thanks for the update.

Anyone wondering... its one the branded DFDS Seaways tridents. =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Sep 2014, 3:01 pm)Dan wrote Dennis Trident 3891 has moved from Saltmeadows to Thorntons of Ashington for a deep clean, which I imagine will be similar to the treatment the Tynedalexpress Solars received prior to the launch of services X84/X85.

What's the Latest on the 4949 Dan, Last I read was that it was moved to Saltmeadows for Repaint in Corporate Livery, but that was about 3 Weeks ago I think.
Site Administrator
(19 Sep 2014, 4:16 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote What's the Latest on the 4949 Dan, Last I read was that it was moved to Saltmeadows for Repaint in Corporate Livery, but that was about 3 Weeks ago I think.

I think it needed another part or something so they delayed the repaint.

I said it was assumed as corporate livery - that may not be the case in reality (we'll have to wait and see). Tongue 

What colour is it or will it be repainted after the small refurb?
(19 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm)Robert wrote What colour is it or will it be repainted after the small refurb?

It's white one the bottom and green on the top looks pretty nice. I seen it yesterday morning before it was liveryed up. 
(19 Sep 2014, 8:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Has anyone else noticed Washington Depots rather poor Allocations in the last 2 Weeks.

Yes I have. I can't understand why they allocate a Double Decker to services W5 and W6 when they are supposed to be allocated MPDs. The W5 and W6 certainly don't justify the need for a bigger bus in my opinion. The deckers would be better suited to the M2 and M3.
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(20 Sep 2014, 12:19 am)Washingtonian wrote Yes I have. I can't understand why they allocate a Double Decker to services W5 and W6 when they are supposed to be allocated MPDs. The W5 and W6 certainly don't justify the need for a bigger bus in my opinion. The deckers would be better suited to the M2 and M3.
Because the 88 is unsuitable for deckers because of a low bridge, so if there are issues, an MPD will head over that way, leaving a decker for the W5/W6.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook