You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Weardale
(03 Aug 2014, 12:48 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote I've corrected the old fleet/reg numbers - G16 WMS was Northern fleet number 3676 reg G676 TCN and G18 WMS was 3677, G677 TCN. G16/3676 had a Sunderland area destination blind which remained whilst at Weardale, a green used ticket box and traces of green paint under scratches around bumper area (not me, guv) and someone once told me they thought it may have been a Wear Buses vehicle, which is why I looked for green or grey paint (sad!!). I've got a photo of it in red and cream showing 98 Whickham. Also got photo of G18/3677 in Go Gateshead red and blue.

Over the years Weardale have had lots of Deckers off Northern/GNE i wonder if in time some GNEs Tridents will end up with Weardale when the Double Decker fleet was only five or six it was easy to keep up with but these days i am not even sure how many Weardale own.
(03 Aug 2014, 12:41 pm)BUSFAN wrote This was one of the four Weardale bought in 2004 i wonder if any are still in service when the new school year starts

If I remember correctly 779 has a Leyland leopard lift pump and is quite good.
(03 Aug 2014, 12:48 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote I've corrected the old fleet/reg numbers - G16 WMS was Northern fleet number 3676 reg G676 TCN and G18 WMS was 3677, G677 TCN. G16/3676 had a Sunderland area destination blind which remained whilst at Weardale, a green used ticket box and traces of green paint under scratches around bumper area (not me, guv) and someone once told me they thought it may have been a Wear Buses vehicle, which is why I looked for green or grey paint (sad!!). I've got a photo of it in red and cream showing 98 Whickham. Also got photo of G18/3677 in Go Gateshead red and blue.

Found a photo of 3677 in Park Lane (minus destination), but nothing of 3676 in anything other than Go ahead Gateshead Colours on corporate colour.

Nothing in Wear Buses green.

edit: not sure who owns this photo - but it isn't mine.
.jpg images_q=tbn_ANd9GcSogFh475oNdypYu0yRr0oIwhqOBRUpb6ZqXNAZUpEkdKpPb07Lhk_H1xve.jpg
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
I can confirm the G-TCN olympians never appeared in Wear Buses colours. They were predominantly Gateshead/Winlaton machines until approx 2002/2003 when they were spread out to Percy Main, Bishop Auckland and Deptford.
Parked at the Crook Depot on Wednesday was a two axle Mercedes Tourismo and not the 14 reg one as it was not in Ingsight livery and yesterday there was a tri axle Mercedes Tourismo Coach so does anyone know if they have bought them or just on demo or loan for the summer season.
I saw the 52 heading out of Durham earlier on its way to East Hedleyhope.

It was carrying a fairly decent load, with more getting on at the hospital.
(18 Aug 2014, 4:00 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote I saw the 52 heading out of Durham earlier on its way to East Hedleyhope.

It was carrying a fairly decent load, with more getting on at the hospital.

I am guessing not all of the passengers were doing the full trip - maybe getting off at Langley Park.
As it is more direct than the 13/14 - who can blame them.

The 52 terminates are East Hedleyhope, doesn't it?
Doesn't service Langley Park.
(18 Aug 2014, 4:08 pm)Tom wrote It interworks with the 752 which does, though.

Yeah, that just provides the link between Langley Park and East Hedleyhope, which was historically the Northern 725.
It doesn't continue into Durham.
(18 Aug 2014, 4:16 pm)Jimmi wrote It still has the service number 725.

It certainly does, it just doesn't continue onto Newcastle anymore.
(23 Aug 2014, 6:49 am)BUSFAN wrote Neoplan MT60 WKA has been sold to Theobolds Coaches and i think that Volvos GIB976 and GIB1067 may have left the fleet aswell.

Probably worth mentioning new additions confirmed:

Volvo B13R / Plaxton Elite YN11AXK

Also, I believe 5x ALX400 bodied double decks are to be added to the fleet, currently at Thorntons for refurbishment, can't remember whether they are Tridents or Volvos though!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(24 Aug 2014, 8:52 pm)tyresmoke wrote Probably worth mentioning new additions confirmed:

Volvo B13R / Plaxton Elite YN11AXK

Also, I believe 5x ALX400 bodied double decks are to be added to the fleet, currently at Thorntons for refurbishment, can't remember whether they are Tridents or Volvos though!

So that would mean the end for the Leyland Deckers i am surprised that Gardiners are not doing the refurbishment work on them for Weardale as they always have done in the past.
(25 Aug 2014, 6:21 am)BUSFAN wrote So that would mean the end for the Leyland Deckers i am surprised that Gardiners are not doing the refurbishment work on them for Weardale as they always have done in the past.

I think they're for the Nexus work that they have won so won't necessarily replace anything in the fleet?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(25 Aug 2014, 8:16 am)tyresmoke wrote I think they're for the Nexus work that they have won so won't necessarily replace anything in the fleet?

One of the new Deckers is parked at Crook and is in full Weardale livery.
Earlier today I passed service X21 while driving through Sunniside. The bus was carrying passengers so I presume it was in service. The time would have been around 10:20-ish.

Does anyone know the reason why it was off-route?

Anything to do with the roadworks on the A1 perhaps?
One heck of a diversion/short cut that mind.

Can only guess at the route it has taken - but it should be considerably shorter than its normal route
(20 Sep 2014, 5:03 pm)Andreos1 wrote One heck of a diversion/short cut that mind.

Can only guess at the route it has taken - but it should be considerably shorter than its normal route

I'm not sure whether it serves Chester but, if it doesn't, then it's got a free reign all the way down to Neville's Cross (more or less).

When it passed me it was heading towards Stanley; so I'm guessing it probably went through Sacriston on its way to Durham. 
I'm not sure whether it serves Chester but, if it doesn't, then it's got a free reign all the way down to Neville's Cross (more or less).

When it passed me it was heading towards Stanley; so I'm guessing it probably went through Sacriston on its way to Durham.
I believe the last stop before the Metrocentre/Newcastle is Nevilles Cross Post Office.
W6 WMS has been used quite a lot recently on the X21 service both on Saturday and also Wednesday as the two Coaches that were used on the X21 seem to have been sold.And now Weardale have three service Buses having added a MCV to the fleet  this is used on the 101 service to allow one of the MAN Meridians to be be used on the X21
(21 Sep 2014, 8:50 am)AdamY wrote Not very good on vehicle types I'm afraid.

The bus I passed yesterday was a single-decker if that helps.
On Wednesdays it's usually a Trident.
On Saturdays it used to be a coach, however, recently it was a MAN Meridian.