You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Latest
Sorry if it's been mentioned before but what's happening with yj57 bve yj57 bvf yj57 bvg yj57 bvd 
.i think they go for refurb for the x20
(18 Sep 2014, 9:05 pm)Jimmi wrote It seems like all of Arriva's problems can be fixed with the sticky for weekly tickets, this was on a Darlington depot Solo this afternoon.

That's rather safe if someone had to stop the engine through use of the flap in an emergency!!
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(19 Sep 2014, 7:28 pm)Philly rf wrote Sorry if it's been mentioned before but what's happening with yj57 bve yj57 bvf yj57 bvg yj57 bvd 
.i think they go for refurb for the x20

7453-7456 are moving to Durham once the Volvo B7TLs are freed up from Redcar (which their B9TL's are due in a few weeks!)

Bit of news sees 4038 back in use at Stockton along with 4039, as of yesterday. The Streetlites are starting to settle in now, and Redcar now have the majority of theirs delivered ready for their launch on Monday (into service Tuesday)

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

1656 now seems to be withdrawn at Faverdale. Also 2836 is now getting fixed after being parked up for around 6 weeks.
Ok, I'm not enitrely biased. Has the 308 ever had 5 buses during the 15 min frequency times not turn up and all of a sudden, 4 turn up at once directed by control to be taken out of service? If not, then fair play.

#greatcobalttrafficjam (18/09/14)
#cobaltclipper/connect
#gridlock
#cobalt
(19 Sep 2014, 9:12 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Ok, I'm not enitrely biased. Has the 308 ever had 5 buses during the 15 min frequency times not turn up and all of a sudden, 4 turn up at once directed by control to be taken out of service? If not, then fair play.

#greatcobalttrafficjam (18/09/14)
#cobaltclipper/connect
#gridlock
#cobalt

The 308 has problems, but not as bad as that!
It has improved though.
4653 and 4659 are both down there, but judging by the current speed of work I wouldn't be expecting them back any time soon

Arriva need to take a look at their website as some services are appearing on there twice and the Darlington page still has the H1/H2 which was withdrawn in May and they have got the 8/8A the wrong way round.

Also there is service changes in Durham and Darlington which will happen in five weeks today and they have posted nothing which is not brilliant especially as the 22/24 will be changing where they run to. I expect we'll find the changes a few days before they happen on their Facebook page.
Does an Arriva service go to Teesside Airport?
A family member needs to get there and won't have a car. 
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(21 Sep 2014, 4:26 pm)Philly rf wrote Does anyone know when blyths 05 mpd s are due since the streetlites have entered service elsware
Stockton's examples didn't allow for the release of MPDs to Blyth, so not yet is the short answer.
DanStockton's examples didn't allow for the release of MPDs to Blyth, so not yet is the short answer.

Thank you hopeful soon but I would rather have bigger buses because those mini pointers do fill up very quickly
Does an Arriva service go to Teesside Airport?

A family member needs to get there and won't have a car. 
No bus serves the airport.

Following a search on Arriva's site and Goggle this is what I found (I don't know this area so I not sure if this info will be correct), the closet you can get to the airport is on Arriva service 12 which stops at Durham Tees Valley Airport Fire Training Centre which according to Goggle Maps is 7 minutes walk away. Don't get the 12A as that goes to Middleton-St-George.
(21 Sep 2014, 5:19 pm)Jimmi wrote No bus serves the airport.

Following a search on Arriva's site and Goggle this is what I found (I don't know this area so I not sure if this info will be correct), the closet you can get to the airport is on Arriva service 12 which stops at Durham Tees Valley Airport Fire Training Centre which according to Goggle Maps is 7 minutes walk away. Don't get the 12A as that goes to Middleton-St-George.

Cheers Smile
Might tell them to get the 12 then.
The MPDs for Blyth are the ones at Darlington - and won't be freed up until mid-November at the earliest as they are replaced by 2852-61.
(21 Sep 2014, 5:21 pm)Tom wrote Cheers Smile
Might tell them to get the 12 then.

Don't, the short answer is there is no bus to the Airport any more. It is a hell of a long walk (about 2 miles) from where the 12 stops (as the car park/terminal building is all fenced off)

Arriva North East - Latest
(21 Sep 2014, 7:45 pm)tyresmoke wrote Don't, the short answer is there is no bus to the Airport any more. It is a hell of a long walk (about 2 miles) from where the 12 stops (as the car park/terminal building is all fenced off)

The 12 is the closest they'll get. I cannot understand why it only serves the FTC and not the terminal though, seems ludicrous to me. Obviously it wasn't always like that as if you look at Google Maps, you can see an Arriva bus next to the terminal, as well as one at the fire training centre.
(21 Sep 2014, 9:25 pm)MrPottski wrote The 12 is the closest they'll get. I cannot understand why it only serves the FTC and not the terminal though, seems ludicrous to me. Obviously it wasn't always like that as if you look at Google Maps, you can see an Arriva bus next to the terminal, as well as one at the fire training centre.

Teesside Airport railway station has two trains per week, which call on Sundays only. Other services use this line, but pass the station without stopping. The airport is a 15-minute walk from the station and accessibility issues are a major factor in its lack of usage. The station did have a more frequent service in the past (the 1986 BR timetable had one train per hour each way calling here seven days per week), but since the early 1990s has received only a bare minimum 'parliamentary' service to avoid the need for formal closure proceedings.
Durham Tees Valley doesnt have that many planes going in and out of the airport, probably why the rail and bus links are non existant now. However, it would still make sense to provide some sort of link to the terminal building but then again, how many people would use it?
(21 Sep 2014, 7:45 pm)tyresmoke wrote Don't, the short answer is there is no bus to the Airport any more. It is a hell of a long walk (about 2 miles) from where the 12 stops (as the car park/terminal building is all fenced off)

Oh right cheers Smile
So it'll be a taxi from Darlington then. 
(22 Sep 2013, 9:12 am)Dan wrote 4653 is reported to have transferred to Belmont from Darlington. Anyone have any further information on this?

Can't believe they'd transfer any Scanias, with the reliability problems they've been having lately, there's barely enough available for the X66's.
(21 Sep 2014, 10:05 pm)Robert wrote Durham Tees Valley doesnt have that many planes going in and out of the airport, probably why the rail and bus links are non existant now. However, it would still make sense to provide some sort of link to the terminal building but then again, how many people would use it?

Probably a lot more than use it currently.
Site Administrator
(22 Sep 2014, 6:59 am)MrPottski wrote Can't believe they'd transfer any Scanias, with the reliability problems they've been having lately, there's barely enough available for the X66's.

You do realise that post was made 22-09-13 - a year ago today? Tongue 

4653 is currently at Bus & Coach World, Blackburn, being refurbished to "MAX" specification for use on service X15. It's not been at Darlington for quite a while now!
(21 Sep 2014, 10:05 pm)Robert wrote Durham Tees Valley doesnt have that many planes going in and out of the airport, probably why the rail and bus links are non existant now. However, it would still make sense to provide some sort of link to the terminal building but then again, how many people would use it?

Probably a lot more than use it currently.
(22 Sep 2014, 6:57 am)Dan wrote [Image: 15114056927_fa3fce6172_o.jpg]Volvo B10BLE 4519 of Arriva North East during fire damage repairs by diagtestltd, on Flickr

I do hope DiagTest received permission from the company to upload photographs of a fire-damaged vehicle, but nevertheless... 4519 is currently undergoing repairs after having suffered an engine bay fire.

And that's a photo from at least 2 years ago - 4519 caught fire in August 2012, repaired and back on the road by summer 2013. The lack of 52/53 branding should have given that away