You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

London Underground, London Overground and DLR

London Underground, London Overground and DLR

RE: London Underground, London Overground and DLR
(18 Apr 2014, 2:18 pm)aureolin wrote Doesn't mean we should all develop a defeatist attitude to attacks on jobs.

LU and other organisations should be committed to retraining and redeploying staff. It's helping no one throwing people on to the scrap heap with little hope of alternative work.

Where does it all end? Most back office roles in the rail or bus industries could be carried out off shore for a 10th of the cost. My job could. Would we let that one go with out a fight, because that's the trend?

I have to say that I use ticket machines for collecting tickets, but that's only because the opening hours don't meet my needs. I'd much prefer to deal with a person.

I guess we need to agree to disagree on this one. I cannot see why LU should commit to redeploy or retain the staff when clearly the business has changed. If there are staff vacancies within other parts of the system then yes, some of the staff could be used to fill these roles, however if they are fully staffed, I cannot see why.
(30 Apr 2014, 6:02 pm)citaro5284 wrote http://www.passengertransport.co.uk/2014...e-resumes/

Great. More Tesco Express stores for London. That'll add nicely to the circa 230 that they have at present.

I wonder why there's such a reluctance from TfL to hold a public consultation around the closures though? If their claim is less than 2% of people use them, then surely the consultation would back up what their plans?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(17 Sep 2014, 7:40 pm)Andreos1 wrote You up for that then Malarkey? 
I'll do the filming... You can do the running.

Kings Cross to Euston!

#malarkeymarathon
#hashtagsonNEB

Knees are Buggered.
A few of the busier LU stations have them, such as The o2 Arena.

No idea how the train pulls up so perfectly each and every time.
Would be going backwards and forwards if I was the pilot!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
According to the bus and coach mag, the next route which will get the "new routemaster" will be the 453 from the 18th October
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Was in London yesterday and as normal used the Victoria Line.  I have often commented to my work colleague how fast these trains come into the stations, it makes the Metro look like a snail in comparison.
Re: RE: London Underground, London Overground and DLR
(15 Oct 2014, 6:57 pm)citaro5284 wrote Was in London yesterday and as normal used the Victoria Line.  I have often commented to my work colleague how fast these trains come into the stations, it makes the Metro look like a snail in comparison.
I've noticed that on the Victoria. You think they're going to go straight through the speed they come in at.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(02 Nov 2014, 10:04 am)Andreos1 wrote http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29566275

The BBC website seem to pull these gems out now and again.
It has been touched on previously in the thread, but always worth looking at again.

What is even more interesting is the mention of the River Fleet in the Article above, As the BBC did an Episode titled "London Underground" for it's hit series of New Tricks which has recently just finished.

Details about the Episode

When the body of film critic Oliver Houghton is found in the Thames (at the point where the Fleet flows into it) Sasha Miller is forced to work alongside her ex-husband Ned Hancock again. UCOS delves into the victim's past and explores his link to the murder of a conceptual artist 20 years previously, while Hancock's knowledge of London's hidden past proves invaluable when a piece of occult footage from the 1970s plunges the investigators into the macabre world of human sacrifice.

Also managed to find the Full Episode on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49YkUR_MmMs
Transport for London (TfL) has issued a notice with the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) to select the next operator to run London Overground services from November 13 2016. The bidding will close in mid-May.

The contract includes options to introduce all-night services at weekends and to extend Gospel Oak to Barking line services to Barking Riverside in 2019.

London Overground Rail Operations Limited (LOROL) will take over the routes running from Liverpool Street station to Enfield Town, Cheshunt (via Seven Sisters) and Chingford, on May 31, as well as services between Romford and Upminster. These routes will be part of the contract now open to tender.

Author:RAIL magazine
- See more at: http://www.railmagazine.com/news/network...UBKBq.dpuf
(15 Sep 2015, 8:08 pm)NK53 TKT wrote Quite interesting, there is a metro one on Wikipedia
Do you have a link?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'