Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 135 36 37146 Next
Malarkey

18 Oct 2014, 2:08 pm #701
(18 Oct 2014, 2:07 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Im at Percy Main Metro for 15 Minutes now and theres been no trains towards Newcastle yet there been 4 towards the Coast.
Make that 5
Malarkey
18 Oct 2014, 2:08 pm #701

(18 Oct 2014, 2:07 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Im at Percy Main Metro for 15 Minutes now and theres been no trains towards Newcastle yet there been 4 towards the Coast.
Make that 5

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Oct 2014, 2:12 pm #702
I should be thankful my Metro was only delayed by 3 minutes earlier...
Dan
18 Oct 2014, 2:12 pm #702

I should be thankful my Metro was only delayed by 3 minutes earlier...

Tom

18 Oct 2014, 3:35 pm #703
(18 Oct 2014, 1:56 pm)Dan What's the story in Balamory today then?

It's shambles today.
I got on the Metro at Park Lane, around 13:30, and it was 15 minutes late. It was jammed packed by the time we got to Fellgate, and when we got to Heworth the doors won't close, and the driver, quite rudely said ''if somebody doesn't get away from the doors, you'll all get off, so move it.''. Then, coming across the metro bridge in between Gateshead and Central, all of the lights went off, and the driver chucked us all off at Central. I then had to walk to Monument, to get the train back to Wallsend. I had to wait, 35, YES 35!!! minutes for a train. I wish I had have got the 9 now... I heard on the announcements at Monument there were no trains between  Heworth and Monument, GNE were accepting tickets on the 27 and 57. This is due to a blockage on the overhead lines apparently. Disgusting.

I was sitting next to this women and she said there was only one day this week the metro was not delayed, and this morning they got chucked off at Walkergate. She was considering using the Coaster from now on, and I told her a weekly ticket is only £12.50.
Tom
18 Oct 2014, 3:35 pm #703

(18 Oct 2014, 1:56 pm)Dan What's the story in Balamory today then?

It's shambles today.
I got on the Metro at Park Lane, around 13:30, and it was 15 minutes late. It was jammed packed by the time we got to Fellgate, and when we got to Heworth the doors won't close, and the driver, quite rudely said ''if somebody doesn't get away from the doors, you'll all get off, so move it.''. Then, coming across the metro bridge in between Gateshead and Central, all of the lights went off, and the driver chucked us all off at Central. I then had to walk to Monument, to get the train back to Wallsend. I had to wait, 35, YES 35!!! minutes for a train. I wish I had have got the 9 now... I heard on the announcements at Monument there were no trains between  Heworth and Monument, GNE were accepting tickets on the 27 and 57. This is due to a blockage on the overhead lines apparently. Disgusting.

I was sitting next to this women and she said there was only one day this week the metro was not delayed, and this morning they got chucked off at Walkergate. She was considering using the Coaster from now on, and I told her a weekly ticket is only £12.50.

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Oct 2014, 4:19 pm #704
#promotingbusesonmetros
#hashtagsonNEB
Dan
18 Oct 2014, 4:19 pm #704

#promotingbusesonmetros
#hashtagsonNEB

Adrian

18 Oct 2014, 4:41 pm #705
(15 Oct 2014, 9:28 pm)Bus_User Because the inconvenience is very minor to say the very least and the distance between the stations is just ridiculously short to accept Metro tickets. 

Although I could be wrong, I very much doubt the suspension would of lasted very long and by the time Nexus contacted bus operators to accept tickets, the suspension would of been lifted? 

It's inconvenience all the same. Not everyone has the same level of mobility, and would potentially be left out of pocket.

(15 Oct 2014, 9:31 pm)Dan Let's say I'm recovering from a broken toe and have purchased an all zones day saver ticket...
I purchased a ticket which allows me to use the Metro to any station in the network - yet I'm left at Monument with no service and I'm forced to walk instead?

Bet they made a saving by not getting the bus operators to give a helping hand...

Whilst I'm in agreement that I don't think it's acceptable for Metro service to ever be suspended, without either a replacement bus service put in place, or agreement with operator to accept tickets, is it equally as unacceptable as bus operators telling passengers they have to now walk to the main road to catch the bus?

It's easy enough for you or me to walk to the main road, but for some, it removes their independence. Arriva customers in Bowburn for example, have to walk the same distance after 6pm, when the 57/57A stops serving the estate. Public transport should always remain inclusive and accessible. Even if that means having an agreement, like GNE and Arriva have with the M2/M3 evening runs. Passengers don't lose out because of that.

(15 Oct 2014, 9:31 pm)citaro5284 Normally its one phone call from Nexus to the Bus Operator, followed by a radio message to the buses, can be arranged within a couple of minutes to be honest.

I'm a bit puzzled why Nexus would make the call. If DB Tyne and Wear are contracted for running the system, I'd have thought they'd be the ones responsible to invoke a continuity plan?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
18 Oct 2014, 4:41 pm #705

(15 Oct 2014, 9:28 pm)Bus_User Because the inconvenience is very minor to say the very least and the distance between the stations is just ridiculously short to accept Metro tickets. 

Although I could be wrong, I very much doubt the suspension would of lasted very long and by the time Nexus contacted bus operators to accept tickets, the suspension would of been lifted? 

It's inconvenience all the same. Not everyone has the same level of mobility, and would potentially be left out of pocket.

(15 Oct 2014, 9:31 pm)Dan Let's say I'm recovering from a broken toe and have purchased an all zones day saver ticket...
I purchased a ticket which allows me to use the Metro to any station in the network - yet I'm left at Monument with no service and I'm forced to walk instead?

Bet they made a saving by not getting the bus operators to give a helping hand...

Whilst I'm in agreement that I don't think it's acceptable for Metro service to ever be suspended, without either a replacement bus service put in place, or agreement with operator to accept tickets, is it equally as unacceptable as bus operators telling passengers they have to now walk to the main road to catch the bus?

It's easy enough for you or me to walk to the main road, but for some, it removes their independence. Arriva customers in Bowburn for example, have to walk the same distance after 6pm, when the 57/57A stops serving the estate. Public transport should always remain inclusive and accessible. Even if that means having an agreement, like GNE and Arriva have with the M2/M3 evening runs. Passengers don't lose out because of that.

(15 Oct 2014, 9:31 pm)citaro5284 Normally its one phone call from Nexus to the Bus Operator, followed by a radio message to the buses, can be arranged within a couple of minutes to be honest.

I'm a bit puzzled why Nexus would make the call. If DB Tyne and Wear are contracted for running the system, I'd have thought they'd be the ones responsible to invoke a continuity plan?

citaro5284

18 Oct 2014, 5:05 pm #706
(18 Oct 2014, 4:41 pm)aureolin I'm a bit puzzled why Nexus would make the call. If DB Tyne and Wear are contracted for running the system, I'd have thought they'd be the ones responsible to invoke a continuity plan?

Nexus, DB Regio who cares, it is the guys and girls in South Gosforth Control Room, whoever they work for.
citaro5284
18 Oct 2014, 5:05 pm #706

(18 Oct 2014, 4:41 pm)aureolin I'm a bit puzzled why Nexus would make the call. If DB Tyne and Wear are contracted for running the system, I'd have thought they'd be the ones responsible to invoke a continuity plan?

Nexus, DB Regio who cares, it is the guys and girls in South Gosforth Control Room, whoever they work for.

Adrian

18 Oct 2014, 5:12 pm #707
(18 Oct 2014, 5:05 pm)citaro5284 Nexus, DB Regio who cares, it is the guys and girls in South Gosforth Control Room, whoever they work for.
Don't get me wrong. It wasn't an attempt to be pedantic, but more so curious as to where the responsibility lay.

Adrian
18 Oct 2014, 5:12 pm #707

(18 Oct 2014, 5:05 pm)citaro5284 Nexus, DB Regio who cares, it is the guys and girls in South Gosforth Control Room, whoever they work for.
Don't get me wrong. It wasn't an attempt to be pedantic, but more so curious as to where the responsibility lay.

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Oct 2014, 5:22 pm #708
More disruption... A yellow line train has been withdrawn from service. Was an announcement at Gateshead about it.
Dan
18 Oct 2014, 5:22 pm #708

More disruption... A yellow line train has been withdrawn from service. Was an announcement at Gateshead about it.

Tom

18 Oct 2014, 5:23 pm #709
(18 Oct 2014, 5:22 pm)Dan More disruption... A yellow line train has been withdrawn from service. Was an announcement at Gateshead about it.

What a joke. They need to sort themselves out. 
Tom
18 Oct 2014, 5:23 pm #709

(18 Oct 2014, 5:22 pm)Dan More disruption... A yellow line train has been withdrawn from service. Was an announcement at Gateshead about it.

What a joke. They need to sort themselves out. 

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Oct 2014, 5:25 pm #710
(18 Oct 2014, 5:23 pm)Tom What a joke. They need to sort themselves out. 
Was about 1810 when the announcement came on, saying the next train towards South Shields was ar Palmersville... Bad news for anyone on the yellow line then!
Dan
18 Oct 2014, 5:25 pm #710

(18 Oct 2014, 5:23 pm)Tom What a joke. They need to sort themselves out. 
Was about 1810 when the announcement came on, saying the next train towards South Shields was ar Palmersville... Bad news for anyone on the yellow line then!

Adrian

18 Oct 2014, 8:16 pm #712
(18 Oct 2014, 8:03 pm)citaro5284 http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ro-7957733

"A spokesperson from Nexus said: “We apologise to all passengers for the delays. It has been a really busy day with the home game on at Newcastle. The We will address these technical problems as soon as possible.”"

Oh come on. Using a football match as an excuse for the time taken to resolve technical faults. There's at least 19 home games every football season. They're published in advance and don't come as a last minute shock to Metro.

Adrian
18 Oct 2014, 8:16 pm #712

(18 Oct 2014, 8:03 pm)citaro5284 http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ro-7957733

"A spokesperson from Nexus said: “We apologise to all passengers for the delays. It has been a really busy day with the home game on at Newcastle. The We will address these technical problems as soon as possible.”"

Oh come on. Using a football match as an excuse for the time taken to resolve technical faults. There's at least 19 home games every football season. They're published in advance and don't come as a last minute shock to Metro.

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Oct 2014, 8:33 pm #713
(18 Oct 2014, 8:16 pm)aureolin "A spokesperson from Nexus said: “We apologise to all passengers for the delays. It has been a really busy day with the home game on at Newcastle. The We will address these technical problems as soon as possible.”"

I read and weep at the bit in bold...
Dan
18 Oct 2014, 8:33 pm #713

(18 Oct 2014, 8:16 pm)aureolin "A spokesperson from Nexus said: “We apologise to all passengers for the delays. It has been a really busy day with the home game on at Newcastle. The We will address these technical problems as soon as possible.”"

I read and weep at the bit in bold...

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Oct 2014, 10:48 am #714
Refurbished Metrocar 4052 struggling just after Fellgate... Doesn't look like there would be any leaves on the line, but this one isn't coping particularly well when accelerating.
Dan
19 Oct 2014, 10:48 am #714

Refurbished Metrocar 4052 struggling just after Fellgate... Doesn't look like there would be any leaves on the line, but this one isn't coping particularly well when accelerating.

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Oct 2014, 2:42 pm #715
(19 Oct 2014, 10:48 am)Dan Refurbished Metrocar 4052 struggling just after Fellgate... Doesn't look like there would be any leaves on the line, but this one isn't coping particularly well when accelerating.
Oh great... it's turned up again at Felling!
"Low rail adhesion" issues still...
Dan
19 Oct 2014, 2:42 pm #715

(19 Oct 2014, 10:48 am)Dan Refurbished Metrocar 4052 struggling just after Fellgate... Doesn't look like there would be any leaves on the line, but this one isn't coping particularly well when accelerating.
Oh great... it's turned up again at Felling!
"Low rail adhesion" issues still...

tyresmoke

19 Oct 2014, 9:14 pm #716
Pretty standard this time of year on any train not just Metro, 142s struggle badly

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
19 Oct 2014, 9:14 pm #716

Pretty standard this time of year on any train not just Metro, 142s struggle badly

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Oct 2014, 9:16 pm #717
(19 Oct 2014, 9:14 pm)tyresmoke Pretty standard this time of year on any train not just Metro, 142s struggle badly

I've been on other Metros lately and had no issues... Seems to be common on certain examples and not others - refurbished examples being worse than the non-refurbished ones!
Dan
19 Oct 2014, 9:16 pm #717

(19 Oct 2014, 9:14 pm)tyresmoke Pretty standard this time of year on any train not just Metro, 142s struggle badly

I've been on other Metros lately and had no issues... Seems to be common on certain examples and not others - refurbished examples being worse than the non-refurbished ones!

Michael

20 Oct 2014, 6:10 pm #718
Tyne and Wear Metro
5 mins ·
We are running a frequent service with trains running to all destinations but not to the usual timetable. This is due to low rail adhesion.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Oct 2014, 6:10 pm #718

Tyne and Wear Metro
5 mins ·
We are running a frequent service with trains running to all destinations but not to the usual timetable. This is due to low rail adhesion.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Oct 2014, 6:16 pm #719
(20 Oct 2014, 6:10 pm)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
5 mins ·

Friendly reminder....... Tongue  Tongue
Dan
20 Oct 2014, 6:16 pm #719

(20 Oct 2014, 6:10 pm)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
5 mins ·

Friendly reminder....... Tongue  Tongue

Malarkey

20 Oct 2014, 8:12 pm #720

Wasn't there a Power Failure on the Morning and a Line Blockage in the Afternoon between Heworth and Monument.
Malarkey
20 Oct 2014, 8:12 pm #720

Wasn't there a Power Failure on the Morning and a Line Blockage in the Afternoon between Heworth and Monument.

Pages (146) Previous 135 36 37146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average