You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva bus changes!
I hate the arriva new website for the timetables, perfer to see the whole timetable on the screen.

So it looks like the streetlites will be on service 23 probably when their change the services on 26th October by what their say in the changes list.

RE: Arriva bus changes!
The Arriva 21/21A new route in Peterlee is the following: between wingate and Peterlee A19 roundabout it follows GNE X7 route then between A19 and Peterlee bus station it does the old 24 route, the X21 goes between Peterlee bus station and A19 it does the X7 route then comes off A19 to go into ryhope
Ah okay thanks.

I kept seeing notes about the route through Peterlee but I don't know Peterlee that well so was waiting for a map or to be told its instead of what route.

Bit disappointed that the timetable on the Arriva website doesn't give connection times between the 21/X21.
The printed timetables for the X66/66 are now in Middlesbrough Bus Station - the other timetables will be available next week as they haven't been delivered from the printers yet.
(10 Oct 2014, 6:28 pm)cbma06 wrote The Arriva 21/21A new route in Peterlee is the following: between wingate and Peterlee A19 roundabout it follows GNE X7 route then between A19 and Peterlee bus station it does the old 24 route, the X21 goes between Peterlee bus station and A19 it does the X7 route then comes off A19 to go into ryhope
X21 isn't that being operated by Gas buses?  That are limited to 50mph? Wise move sending them up the A19
Still no X21 timetable on the Arriva site... unless i'm doing something wrong

(i know its on the Durham council site)

Changes are also a week away!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Oct 2014, 7:28 pm)beefcake wrote If you click on the 21 timetable, then click on the one available from 26th October, it should show up then

It doesn't show up, already tried that 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(19 Oct 2014, 7:30 pm)Michael wrote it doesn't even show up on that one either!

Click 'Download PDF' on the link I gave before - it's above the route map.

Again, Arriva's awful website.
(19 Oct 2014, 7:30 pm)Dan wrote Click 'Download PDF' on the link I gave before - it's above the route map.

Again, Arriva's awful website.

No the wonder, it was on the Sunday timetable! 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
New leaflet for the 21/21A/X21 is now out and available on buses, I picked one up in our depot last night Wink
I'm told a new East Durham leaflet is in production too for the 21/21A/X21/22/23/24/24X combined.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Arriva personnel were giving out new timetables at peterlee bus station today, their had a few boxes but only had service 22 and service 24/24X timetables only.

Arriva personnel were giving out new timetables at peterlee bus station today, their had a few boxes but only had service 22 and service 24/24X timetables only.
I saw them doing this when they made the changes back in October 2012 too.
(21 Oct 2014, 6:51 am)marxistafozzski wrote Would have been nice to see the X21 come off into Dalton Park...Will the 23 be re-routed to serve Dalton Park?

The 22 will serve Dalton Park.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Arriva bus changes!
(21 Oct 2014, 6:52 am)Tom wrote The 22 will serve Dalton Park.
Ah right, I am quite confused about it all, they have made any amount of changes in the last few years, I dont use Arriva as much as GNE so there changes never really affect me as GNE would
(21 Oct 2014, 6:55 am)marxistafozzski wrote Ah right, I am quite confused about it all, they have made any amount of changes in the last few years, I dont use Arriva as much as GNE so there changes never really affect me as GNE would

They are very confusing haha.
The services will be:
22: Sunderland-Peterlee-Durham
23: Sunderland-Peterlee-Hartlepool
X21: Sunderland-Peterlee (then Darlington)
Marxista Fozzski
(21 Oct 2014, 6:57 am)Tom wrote They are very confusing haha.
The services will be:
22: Sunderland-Peterlee-Durham
23: Sunderland-Peterlee-Hartlepool
X21: Sunderland-Peterlee (then Darlington)
No wondet it is confusing, the way they change routes

A while back 24 went to Hartlepool, then changed to Sunderland, 22 always gone to Hartlepool, now going to Sunderland...will routes change as well, I.e. new 22 goes the current 24 route(Sherburn, Haswell etc) and new 24 go the current 22 route, or is the routes to Peterlee from Durham staying the same with the changes only being noticed beyond Peterlee...Thinking about this is like thinking about Time Travel theories, melts ya brain, lol
As far as I'm aware regarding the 22/24, they follow the same route as current Durham-Peterlee, then swap routes from there, so 22 does current 24 to Sunderland and 24 does current 22 to Hartlepool
Marxista Fozzski
(21 Oct 2014, 7:54 am)beefcake wrote As far as I'm aware regarding the 22/24, they follow the same route as current Durham-Peterlee, then swap routes from there, so 22 does current 24 to Sunderland and 24 does current 22 to Hartlepool
So there really is nothing of note changing, apart from the numbers...I just find it a pain the arse to be honest
I think it had something to do with the people in Thornley and Wheatley Hill preferring a direct bus to Sunderland instead of Hartlepool. Can't really blame them to be fair, Hartlepool is a bit of a dump in all honesty.
Marxista Fozzski
(21 Oct 2014, 8:31 am)beefcake wrote I think it had something to do with the people in Thornley and Wheatley Hill preferring a direct bus to Sunderland instead of Hartlepool. Can't really blame them to be fair, Hartlepool is a bit of a dump in all honesty.
So is Sunderland Tongue
Arriva bus changes!
As I posted previously on this thread of the changes, I will post it again.

Service 22 the same between durham and A19 then straight down to Peterlee bus station replacing the 21/21a section and then same route as old 24 to Sunderland.
Service 24 same route between Durham and Passfield way then does service 22 route to Hartlepool.

Service 21/21A goes x7 route between wingate and moorcock then the old 24 route between moorcock and Peterlee bus station.