You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What's annoying you today? V2

RE: What's annoying you today? V2
(18 Oct 2014, 10:25 pm)Marcus wrote Basically, here's what I've got;

We have 25 hours a week, and we get....

4 Hours of English (Mandatory)
4 Hours of Maths (Mandatory)
6 Hours of Science (Mandatory)
1 Hour of R.E. (Mandatory)
2 Hours of ????? (Language)
2 Hours of ????? (Humanity)
2 Hours of ?????
2 Hours of ?????
2 Hours of ?????

I have two career paths that I'm currently seriously considering - one is a Humanities Teacher (History, Geography, R.E. etc), which would require mostly the humanities.

The other is some sort of Manager for GNE, which I would need a Business Management degree or something, so Business & Economics, and possibly Media.

So, with a language totally unrelated, and 4 others to pick for, I would say History and Geography, then Business & Economics and Media.

I'm really stumped....

We have to do this:
4 X 50 mins of Maths - Mandatory
4 X 50 mins of English - Mandatory
6 X 50 mins of Science - Mandatory
1 X 50 mins of Ethics - Mandatory
2 X 50 mins of PE - Mandatory
1 X 50 mins of ICT - Mandatory
1 X 50 mins of PSHE - Mandatory

Then I have to do, 1 Language (3 X 50 mins not sure what one?) 1 Humanity (3 X 50 mins Geography) and two of my choice (no idea) of that either. I get three lessons of each. 
(18 Oct 2014, 10:31 pm)Tom wrote We have to do this:
4 X 50 mins of Maths - Mandatory
4 X 50 mins of English - Mandatory
6 X 50 mins of Science - Mandatory
1 X 50 mins of Ethics - Mandatory
2 X 50 mins of PE - Mandatory
1 X 50 mins of ICT - Mandatory
1 X 50 mins of PSHE - Mandatory

Then I have to do, 1 Language (3 X 50 mins not sure what one?) 1 Humanity (3 X 50 mins Geography) and two of my choice (no idea) of that either. I get three lessons of each. 

Which languages do you do? I get Spanish & French, we WERE going to get German this year - but for some reason they bailed....I've got no idea, like!

I mean, Germany is the superpower of Europe. No offence, but what is French going to do for me?! When I asked one of the languages teachers, I mean, I seriously asked her why we weren't getting German and why French got priority - and she said it was because the Queen could speak French, before laughing!

I honestly wish we got German, but personally I'm really enjoying Spanish at the minute - and in my school it's the most popular language at GCSE.
(18 Oct 2014, 10:39 pm)Marcus wrote Which languages do you do? I get Spanish & French, we WERE going to get German this year - but for some reason they bailed....I've got no idea, like!

I mean, Germany is the superpower of Europe. No offence, but what is French going to do for me?! When I asked one of the languages teachers, I mean, I seriously asked her why we weren't getting German and why French got priority - and she said it was because the Queen could speak French, before laughing!

I honestly wish we got German, but personally I'm really enjoying Spanish at the minute - and in my school it's the most popular language at GCSE.

I got French in Year 7/Year 8, but we get German now. Only Sets 1 and 2 get to take German, as you have to have a 5A to take it at GSCE. 
I might take German as its easier, and will be more useful to me. 

Spanish is always something I've wanted to learn, but sadly they don't teach it in our school.
Here is what i get:

3 hours of Spanish
3 hours of Maths
4 hours of English
4 hours of Science
1 hour of core PE (not GCSE or BTEC)
2 hours of History
3 hours of BTEC Business
3 hours of Graphics
2 hours of RE

The number of hours also equates to the number of lessons per week of each subject. However, once per week, we miss a lesson due to PSHE - it rotates so one week it may be lesson 5 of one day then the next week it will be 1st of the next then 2nd etc.
When I have had a few drinks, I always end up walking home by following bus routes. Last night I didn't have enough money for a taxi so I walked home from Sunderland to Whitburn via the E6 route haha. Just happens I guess.
Love it!

If the route involves a turning circle, do you do that too?
What about bus stops?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(19 Oct 2014, 9:06 am)Andreos1 wrote Love it!

If the route involves a turning circle, do you do that too?
What about bus stops?

Turning circles aye. Bus stops.... probably not. No passengers at 3am Tongue
Site Administrator
Buses. Every single one of them this morning.

To the driver of the 23... You were due to leave at 0837, stop having your mother's meeting with the 24 driver.
(20 Oct 2014, 7:39 am)Dan wrote Buses. Every single one of them this morning.

To the driver of the 23... You were due to leave at 0837, stop having your mother's meeting with the 24 driver.

Same here, its that road again, needs sorting!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
The 56 once again... waited 25 minutes at Concord for 1 towards Sunderland... 2 came together.. 1 was packed and the other one didnt bother stopping at all...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm)Michael wrote The 56 once again... waited 25 minutes at Concord for 1 towards Sunderland... 2 came together.. 1 was packed and the other one didnt bother stopping at all...

There's 4-way controlled traffic lights/roadworks at Deckham, causing delays for all buses travelling through. After uni today, I got the 16:05 X1 (it left Eldon Square 11 mins late) and we got stuck in the roadworks for 8 minutes.
Site Administrator
(20 Oct 2014, 6:20 pm)Adam wrote There's 4-way controlled traffic lights/roadworks at Deckham, causing delays for all buses travelling through. After uni today, I got the 16:05 X1 (it left Eldon Square 11 mins late) and we got stuck in the roadworks for 8 minutes.

There was a report by GNE earlier saying it took 20 minutes from (to my memory) Gateshead Interchange to the first set of traffic lights on Old Durham Road... Crazy!
(20 Oct 2014, 7:39 am)Dan wrote Buses. Every single one of them this morning.

Nowt worse! I had one the other week on the 21. Pulled in to Chester le Street bang on time early in the morning, and then took his float and cleared off for 5 mins. Then he had to horse it all the way to Durham in an attempt to catch that time up.

Nothing compared to what you used to get mind. I recall being left on the X85 once as it passed through Washington Village, so the driver could go into the off-licence for a couple of cans. Also had a driver on the old 183 spark up a tab en-route, which goes to show how long the route was! Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(20 Oct 2014, 6:43 pm)aureolin wrote Nowt worse! I had one the other week on the 21. Pulled in to Chester le Street bang on time early in the morning, and then took his float and cleared off for 5 mins. Then he had to horse it all the way to Durham in an attempt to catch that time up.

Nothing compared to what you used to get mind. I recall being left on the X85 once as it passed through Washington Village, so the driver could go into the off-licence for a couple of cans. Also had a driver on the old 183 spark up a tab en-route, which goes to show how long the route was! Smile

Still happens...

Some of the Stagecoach in Sunderland drivers who are close friends of my family have smoked for many, many years... Whenever they get stressed, they need a tab, and they don't care where they are.
Re: RE: What's annoying you today? V2
(20 Oct 2014, 6:49 pm)Dan wrote Still happens...

Some of the Stagecoach in Sunderland drivers who are close friends of my family have smoked for many, many years... Whenever they get stressed, they need a tab, and they don't care where they are.
That's bad like! A good 15 years since I've seen anything like that happen.
Site Administrator
(20 Oct 2014, 6:50 pm)aureolin wrote That's bad like! A good 15 years since I've seen anything like that happen.

Usually means that they put their foot down for a good five mins or so before getting out of the bus to spark it up.

I know one was telling me a few weeks back he was 10 mins late on the 19, but he'd had a rough round trip so had to get out of the bus on Premier Road and have a quick'un.
I got the Scarlet Band 16A home once and the driver went the chippy in Mowden, mind the 16A timetable has a lot of time to get to Newton Aycliffe pretty much back on-time once we got to Cockerton.
I need help with my Flickr.

Basically, I've realised I used a different e-mail for my Yahoo account, and it's actually the one my mam made for my puppy (yeah, you read that right......), and my sister knew the name and password but has since forgotten it.

I cannot access my account, and when I keep trying different things, I lose at least 2 points of IQ with frustration!

Help!
People who ask the driver stupid questions..

Im on the 2C, someone gets on and asks... do u go to Washington?... its on the destination board!

And people who dont have their passes ready or dont have the money out for when the bus stops at the stop.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
No bloody seats on this bus and there are no seats
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Marxista Fozzski
(18 Oct 2014, 9:57 pm)Marcus wrote The fact that my parents have told me tonight that they will be picking my GCSEs for me.

I understand they love me, and only want what's best for me, but I feel like it's my choice what I pick at GCSE - aside from A-Level they are probably the most important exams I'll ever take, and I want to have exams about stuff I understand. It'll probably just be Further Maths, Triple Sciences - all stuff I'm crap at.....

Sorry mate, but that is just wrong, if you let them pick your subjects, your on a heading for a bust up with them...Will PM you soon my friend
Marxista Fozzski
(19 Oct 2014, 8:58 am)Simmy wrote When I have had a few drinks, I always end up walking home by following bus routes. Last night I didn't have enough money for a taxi so I walked home from Sunderland to Whitburn via the E6 route haha. Just happens I guess.
One night coming back from Durham to Murton, absolutely off my tits drunk amongst other substances, for a reason unknown to this day, I got off in Hetton and started walking back, by the time I got home, my family had phone calls of me stumbling round Burnip Road and Cornwall Estate in Murton, some of my friends seen me and because I was so high, I actually thought I was on a bus...

Couple of years ago, I was found by Police in Fencehouses unable to walk after a heavy morning drinking session, I told police I had missed the bus to Heworth and I was walking instead...I ended up getting taken home by them
(19 Oct 2014, 9:21 am)Dan wrote http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40RfeOOOKAA

springs to mind!
Wonder of the Imaginary Bus ever really happened
Just had a lass sat side on and leaning on me for the last 30 minutes on the 7. Roll on double deckers!

Also I'm getting fed up of walking in places and I can't get past because people are walking in a line and then give me evil looks or nasty remark for getting in "THEIR" way. This happened in Sainsburys at the Arnison Centre this afternoon I went down the DVD aisle and there was two women walking down the aisle wide apart and I was walking in the opposite direction and I couldn't get past so I stopped and then they walked past and gave me such evil looks, I should have kept walking and bashed into them and then these two cows would have actually had something to justify their evil ugly faces!
(21 Oct 2014, 3:19 pm)Jimmi wrote Just had a lass sat side on and leaning on me for the last 30 minutes on the 7. Roll on double deckers!

Also I'm getting fed up of walking in places and I can't get past because people are walking in a line and then give me evil looks or nasty remark for getting in "THEIR" way. This happened in Sainsburys at the Arnison Centre this afternoon I went down the DVD aisle and there was two women walking down the aisle wide apart and I was walking in the opposite direction and I couldn't get past so I stopped and then they walked past and gave me such evil looks, I should have kept walking and bashed into them and then these two cows would have actually had something to justify their evil ugly faces!
You should have responded by putting your arm round her. Perhaps she just wanted a cuddle? Wink
A screen-grab of me attending the NECA meeting has now been circulated among my friends on Facebook.  Angry

Like Andreos, I wished to retain some level of anonymity. But, courtesy of Look North, that's went down the swanny...

Still, now that I'm a big television star, when I go to a friends house I can now charge an appearance fee.

I'm also available for Bar Mitzvahs!
Site Administrator
Aye, remember being quite peeved when there was an official photographer at the launch of the TTX at Quayside and he pulled me to get to the very front with danpick, his sister, and Kevin Carr. Didn't take them long to bang the photos on Facebook and I was sharp tagged in it...

I received a chain of messages from friends after that, asking why I'd been modelling balloons at a bus event. Fun times!

One of the photos is still ranked quite highly on Google when you type in 'kevin carr go north east', though it is finally going down a bit...
(21 Oct 2014, 10:01 pm)Dan wrote Aye, remember being quite peeved when there was an official photographer at the launch of the TTX at Quayside and he pulled me to get to the very front with danpick, his sister, and Kevin Carr. Didn't take them long to bang the photos on Facebook and I was sharp tagged in it...

I received a chain of messages from friends after that, asking why I'd been modelling balloons at a bus event. Fun times!

One of the photos is still ranked quite highly on Google when you type in 'kevin carr go north east', though it is finally going down a bit...

Already had that tonight.

I've somehow managed to tie my attendance in with the fact I studied Transport History at university.
I remember when my college were wanting new photos for their website, booklets and Facebook I got roped into having my picture taken posing as a joinery student, I'm very camera shy and the pictures turned out terrible with the photographer saying I looked liked I been forced to smile and had a gun been held at me. One of these images ended up being the header on the colleges Facebook page for a week it was an horrendous photo and I had the piss ripped out of me for weeks after that.

The camera really is my enemy, I seen a few bus photos on Flickr where I've been sat on a bus and have spotted the camera and often end up pulling strange faces.