You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
RE: Stanley Travel
(10 Sep 2014, 5:28 pm)Robert wrote And im wrong. It has been purchased by the company as a replacement to the electric solos that were withdrawn a few months ago.

I thought that the electric-powered Solos were owned by Durham County Council? Surely replacement vehicles would therefore be purchased by DCC opposed to Stanley Travel?
(10 Sep 2014, 5:31 pm)Dan wrote I thought that the electric-powered Solos were owned by Durham County Council? Surely replacement vehicles would therefore be purchased by DCC opposed to Stanley Travel?

But its interesting that when the original electric solos were taken away, Stanley Travel had to get the replacement buses themselves (which resulted in several loans) rather than DCC giving them some if they owned the buses.
On VOSA:

PB1107575/42 - STANLEY TRAVEL (NORTH EAST) LTD T/A STANLEY TRAVEL, 69 EDEN TERRACE, OXHILL, STANLEY, DH9 7LL
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between HIGHFIELD and BLACKHALL MILL given service number 836 effective from 22-Sep-2014.

PB1107575/49 - STANLEY TRAVEL (NORTH EAST) LTD T/A STANLEY TRAVEL, 69 EDEN TERRACE, OXHILL, STANLEY, DH9 7LL
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Blaydon, St Thomas Moore School
Finish Point: Whickham-Broadway/Fellside Road
Via:
Service Number: 839
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 22-SEP-2014
Other Details: Monday to Friday only, during school term times only

PB1107575/50 - STANLEY TRAVEL (NORTH EAST) LTD T/A STANLEY TRAVEL, 69 EDEN TERRACE, OXHILL, STANLEY, DH9 7LL
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Dunston, Kings Meadow
Finish Point: High Spen, Bus Stand
Via:
Service Number: 849
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 22-SEP-2014
Other Details: Monday to Friday only, during school term times only
Probably worth mentioning the green Solo is on trial according to their twitter account

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(25 Sep 2014, 12:10 pm)tyresmoke wrote Probably worth mentioning the green Solo is on trial according to their twitter account

Yeah, i was meaning to post something further on that.

From my original assumption of been a demonstrator, it was later rumoured around the depot that it had been purchased. Employee discussion has manged to revert itself back to the 'its a demonstrator (or loan in this case)' route. 

The high amount of loans and demos the company have been getting all comes as an advantage of being a member of RouteOne which entitles a company to have so many free demonstrators per year. It must also be said that DCC are still undecided about what to do with the electric solos.
No idea how long it has been out, but the enviro's blind is out.
The number on the dash, looked professionally designed, so guessing it isn't a recent thing.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(10 Oct 2014, 2:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote The Irish Olympian has just went through Lambton on St.Roberts Scholars, Usually its an B7TL/ ALX400 Trident.

Was it sipping a Guinness ? 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Oct 2014, 2:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote The Irish Olympian has just went through Lambton on St.Roberts Scholars, Usually its an B7TL/ ALX400 Trident.

Which one? I know R6 has no use now as it has been replaced with a B7 after some 5 weeks of getting fines from Nexus. Dont know about R7 though. It has been used on the NDA scholars whilst K2 has been allocated to services 706/7/8.
Re: RE: Stanley Travel
(10 Oct 2014, 3:10 pm)Robert wrote Which one? I know R6 has no use now as it has been replaced with a B7 after some 5 weeks of getting fines from Nexus. Dont know about R7 though. It has been used on the NDA scholars whilst K2 has been allocated to services 706/7/8.
Not a clue Robert, Just seen it go down the Road from my Sitting Room Window.
(12 Oct 2014, 7:23 pm)jaimz13 wrote What bus normally does service 706

It was Y40 STX but obviously it cant be used anymore. It then went to E2 STX (the enviro) which appears to have found other usage (im guessing NEXUS contracts or Cathedral bus) meaning that K2 STX (the yellow decker) has been used on services 706/707/708 for the last couple of weeks.

Edit: Just realised, the E200 was VOR for at least a week so could still be now.

Also Adam, you are likely to have seen R7 STX the other day as R6 broke down on Wednesday meaning it was VOR - they however could have got R6 back up and running by the Friday.
(12 Oct 2014, 7:39 pm)Robert wrote It was Y40 STX but obviously it cant be used anymore. It then went to E2 STX (the enviro) which appears to have found other usage (im guessing NEXUS contracts or Cathedral bus) meaning that K2 STX (the yellow decker) has been used on services 706/707/708 for the last couple of weeks.

Edit: Just realised, the E200 was VOR for at least a week so could still be now.

Also Adam, you are likely to have seen R7 STX the other day as R6 broke down on Wednesday meaning it was VOR - they however could have got R6 back up and running by the Friday.

S5 STX was on the 456 through Lambton, I think this what is supposed to be Allocated rather than R6/R7 STX, Must of been an Odd Working as a Result of VOR's, R6 or R7 was on the 456 on Monday also.
(15 Oct 2014, 2:39 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote S5 STX was on the 456 through Lambton, I think this what is supposed to be Allocated rather than R6/R7 STX, Must of been an Odd Working as a Result of VOR's, R6 or R7 was on the 456 on Monday also.

Yeah, with them now having an extra spare bus (R6) i suppose they have a greater choice - typically, as most days service 456 has been allocated a B7, it should continue to be allocated that with the odd change.
Upcoming services to 706/7 (and possibly 708)

- An old bridge on Kyo Heugh Road is going to be weight restricted soon. As a result, services 706/7 will be unable to complete the circulars and instead will terminate at places as far as it can go. It is unknown what will happen to service 708. See attachment for more info on route and terminating points:
.png thing for NEB.png
The 452/968/23 and do they interwork/don't they interwork conundrum is rearing its head today...

There seemed to be a consensus that the runs were separate.
It looks like they aren't...
OO5 STX was on the 452/968 this morning.
It was on the 23 when I saw it at approx 1530.

No idea what is on the 453/968 tonight - but it will be a different vehicle to this morning, which wasn't the case in the not too distant past.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Stanley Travel
(23 Oct 2014, 7:37 pm)Kuyoyo wrote It's an MAN 14.240 - KX57 OVY (seen here with previous operator SGI Buses)

Dang. Reg typo. Anyway, from the pic I saw that made me aware of this arrival, the bus looked too long hence why I assumed it was a B7RLE.
Site Administrator
Well it would have been nice for the driver of the X56 to stop to let people on.....!

There was myself and an old couple waiting to get on and the driver just pulled out of Concord straight away...
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Stanley Travel
(26 Oct 2014, 9:43 am)Dan wrote Well it would have been nice for the driver of the X56 to stop to let people on.....!

There was myself and an old couple waiting to get on and the driver just pulled out of Concord straight away...
Had a ride of the Centro instead. Seemed underpowered and was quite rattley.

The timetable for the X56 is quite slack though, and the journey only lasted 10 mins.
(26 Oct 2014, 10:15 am)Dan wrote Had a ride of the Centro instead. Seemed underpowered and was quite rattley.

The timetable for the X56 is quite slack though, and the journey only lasted 10 mins.

It's a MAN, a Plaxton body and spent some of its life with JPT - when you consider Stagecoach in Manchester are only keeping 4 Primos, the 2 E300s and a single Volvo B7TL shows you JPT's maintenance record with vehicles.
On Vosa today:

PB1107575/6 - STANLEY TRAVEL (NORTH EAST) LTD T/A STANLEY TRAVEL, 69 EDEN TERRACE, OXHILL, STANLEY, DH9 7LL

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between STANLEY BUS STATION and STANLEY BUS STATION given service number 706/707/708 effective from 31-Dec-2014.