You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Latest
Volvo B9TL registrations are now comfirmed as followed:

7401 NK64 FSF
7402 NK64 FSG
7403 NK64 FSJ
7404 NK64 FSL
7405 NK64 FSN
7406 NK64 FSO

And EcoCity are confirmed as followed:
4812 WX61 FXO
4813 WX61 HSL
4814 WX13 GHN
(22 Oct 2014, 5:53 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Volvo B9TL registrations are now comfirmed as followed:

7401 NK64 FSF
7402 NK64 FSG
7403 NK64 FSJ
7404 NK64 FSL
7405 NK64 FSN
7406 NK64 FSO

I seem to remember a post made that these buses were refurbished to MAX spec so im assuming that they will arrive in the MAX base livery? Sorry if i was just reading things  Blush
They sure will, been refurbished to Max spec at Rowan Telmac in Coventry

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Talking of refurbishments....
A batch of 9 ADL Enviro 200's have started to arrive at Thorntons in Ashington from Southern Counties. They will have their centre doors removed and refurbished to standard spec for the North East. They were removed from service 66 following it's conversion to double decks at the end of August, and have been stored at Grays, Dartford and Southend since. 4071/2 were seen en-route to Thorntons yesterday and I understand others are already there.

Former ASC 4071-9 GN10KWH/KWJ/KWK, YX10EBN/EBO/EBP/EBU/EBV/EBZ

To be allocated to Durham to improve service 64 (PVR 8) I am told Wink

(23 Oct 2014, 12:52 pm)tyresmoke wrote Talking of refurbishments....
A batch of 9 ADL Enviro 200's have started to arrive at Thorntons in Ashington from Southern Counties. They will have their centre doors removed and refurbished to standard spec for the North East. They were removed from service 66 following it's conversion to double decks at the end of August, and have been stored at Grays, Dartford and Southend since. 4071/2 were seen en-route to Thorntons yesterday and I understand others are already there.

Thanks for the info Tyresmoke =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Talking of refurbishments....

A batch of 9 ADL Enviro 200's have started to arrive at Thorntons in Ashington from Southern Counties. They will have their centre doors removed and refurbished to standard spec for the North East. They were removed from service 66 following it's conversion to double decks at the end of August, and have been stored at Grays, Dartford and Southend since. 4071/2 were seen en-route to Thorntons yesterday and I understand others are already there.

Thank God! Those Darts that are currently used on the 64 are wretched. Rode 1303 the other day and I was glad to be off.
Arriva North East - Latest
(23 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm)Jimmi wrote Thank God! Those Darts that are currently used on the 64 are wretched. Rode 1303 the other day and I was glad to be off.

And just think, some of those have transferred to Darlington to improve things! 1308 is so bad, it can only be used on town work, 1302 rattles like a scrap mans pick up and the rest aren't much better. On a side note, 4001 is ready for service, probably to be used once the Scanias start disappearing.
And just think, some of those have transferred to Darlington to improve things! 1308 is so bad, it can only be used on town work, 1302 rattles like a scrap mans pick up and the rest aren't much better. On a side note, 4001 is ready for service, probably to be used once the Scanias start disappearing.
I had 1308 on the 8A yesterday, it was horrendous.

Little wonder Belmont depot rejected 1302.
7524's rear destination was displaying the full destination this morning, and not just "X21" as the 14-plate one's have been doing, I'll try and see other ones tonight while in Newcastle to see if they've all changed back
Edit: Just seen 7523 and 7528, neither of theirs have, still just displaying the route number
Site Administrator
(23 Oct 2014, 4:20 pm)Michael wrote Ah yes, now i see it, wonder why they've changed it

I understand that, due to the different vehicle types, the "MAX" base livery was inevitably going to vary a little. However, variations within the same vehicle type is rather irritating indeed. Arriva wishes to create a brand identity; whilst I have to say that most customers won't even notice the differences as they are ever so slight, it is bad practice to be making 'branding mistakes' like this...

Design on Gemini: https://flic.kr/p/oW2dE6
Design on new Enviro400: https://flic.kr/p/pdwoCK
Design on refurbished Enviro400: https://flic.kr/p/pMnZo3
Design on OmniCity: https://flic.kr/p/pr2sHS

There's no consistency at all, and no doubt the Volvo B9TLs due for service X93 will also carry a slightly different variation of the livery too. Maybe it's just me being overly picky...

With regards to what was earlier discussed:

[Image: 15609787755_1e259a716d.jpg]10730839_10204035207893395_4113670222221194441_n by AECAV760, on Flickr
I know its late but in Mondays Echo there was a 2 page publication for Arriva Darlington and thing that stood out was the fact they were advertising 27 new buses this year no doubt its probaly wrong as the sapphire pulsars are coming up a year it did also state that comin soon was 5 mirco hybrid buses for x1 which we know about
Just a quick note to say I've recieved plenty of information (thanks, you know who you are!) to update the "Frequent Odd Workings" thread - see here

Added today are the new workings for Stockton for 27th October which sees our Scania's going to Sunderland (& Stokesley), Pulsars get increased visits to Peterlee, plus random 17A workings.
Details of Redcar's Sapphire Streetlites working other routes, including our 5's, plus council funded 747.

Also Jesmond's 306 Streetlites are all over the place, including 44, 54 and 554's.
52/53 branded B10BLE's appear on service 43 workings, plus Nexus Solo's on peak workings of service 51, 54 and 55.
Also added details of the Jesmond workings on MAX service X11, and Blyth Express X30!

More to be added for Ashington and Durham soon...

Site Administrator
Couple of updates to fleet lists:
- 7436/39 moved from Ashington to Belmont
- Movements detailed here.
- Removed everything listed here.
- Added these registrations.
- Three days in advance, but I've removed the reserve status from the three new EcoCitys and I've also edited the 'livery' and 'year new' fields.
- Three days in advance, I've also noted the new Streetlites at Durham as being used on service 23 and edited the 'livery' fields for all of them to show them as now having been branded.

Let me know if I've missed anything off...

EDIT: Also added 4001 as Darlo reserve.
Cheers Dan!

Worth mentioning that 4507 and 4515 entered service at Redcar on Wednesday.

Fun and games on the X1 again this afternoon. The one due at Durham towards Newcastle at 16:17 was 42 minutes late, and the 16:47 was 22 minutes late. It wasn't a case of the later running service having the incorrect trip number, as it was 42 minutes late by the driver's own admission.

I guess this is where two way radios come in handy...
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(18 Oct 2014, 8:27 pm)aureolin wrote It doesn't take an interior designer to work out that the green flooring does not work with the Max seating!

Complete was of time to even change the seating to Max, if they're going to make half a job of it. Surely it wouldn't have cost much more to give the floor and internal panelling an update. Comes across as cutting corners, and it does nothing but dilute the brand. 

It shouldn't even be on the road in that state as far as I'm concerned. The front bumper looks like it's not secured correctly on the offside, and I'd suggest parts of that bodywork would be rough/sharp when it's not painted. Pretty sure this would be frowned upon by the DVSA.

It hit a car that cut across in front of it on the 335. it wont be repainted as the painters at Jesmond have been made redundant, so no quick paint jobs.
(23 Oct 2014, 6:01 pm)Dan wrote I understand that, due to the different vehicle types, the "MAX" base livery was inevitably going to vary a little. However, variations within the same vehicle type is rather irritating indeed. Arriva wishes to create a brand identity; whilst I have to say that most customers won't even notice the differences as they are ever so slight, it is bad practice to be making 'branding mistakes' like this...

Design on Gemini: https://flic.kr/p/oW2dE6
Design on new Enviro400: https://flic.kr/p/pdwoCK
Design on refurbished Enviro400: https://flic.kr/p/pMnZo3
Design on OmniCity: https://flic.kr/p/pr2sHS

There's no consistency at all, and no doubt the Volvo B9TLs due for service X93 will also carry a slightly different variation of the livery too. Maybe it's just me being overly picky...

With regards to what was earlier discussed:

[Image: 15609787755_1e259a716d.jpg]10730839_10204035207893395_4113670222221194441_n by AECAV760, on Flickr

I have to say the MAX livery suits the Omnicity's 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(25 Oct 2014, 6:38 pm)Coppercap40 wrote All 3 Streetlites  were in service on 35's this afternoon
Looking good (minus the grey protector panel)!

Will update fleet lists tonight to show that they have entered service and have gained branding.
(25 Oct 2014, 6:58 pm)Dan wrote Looking good (minus the grey protector panel)!

Will update fleet lists tonight to show that they have entered service and have gained branding.

BIB: Looks like it's just the Jesmond ones of the standard examples that have had that plate painted - surprised 1579-81 didn't go to Thorntons to be treated (as per 1550-73). After all, chances are all Arriva repaints might be done at Thorntons