You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Whats made you happy today?
One of those two hacker guys, was the son of a fella my Dad worked with.
No idea which one like.

Telewest did sponsor the arena back in the day and I am sure NTL were around before 2003/4 - going solely off their sponsorship of Newcastle Utd (players like Gallagher, Shearer, Dyer etc and Robson as gaffer).
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Whats made you happy today?
(30 Oct 2014, 5:17 am)Andreos1 wrote One of those two hacker guys, was the son of a fella my Dad worked with.
No idea which one like.

Telewest did sponsor the arena back in the day and I am sure NTL were around before 2003/4 - going solely off their sponsorship of Newcastle Utd (players like Gallagher, Shearer, Dyer etc and Robson as gaffer).

Hope ya not eating ya breakfast whil reading this Big Grin

When I was 17, I went to one of the lads houses(Brad, on the right in that link I shared) over Spennymoor way, I had been drinking in Newcastle all day and had been smoking the Rastafarian Old Holborn, a few of us were sat in his room watching him try to hack some NHS server, when all of a sudden I felt my guts turn, tried to make it to the bathroom and like a scene out The Exorcist I puked all over, it was projectile vomit, hit the wall 5ft in front of me and not a drop hit the deck, my ability to vomit became a joke, I once puked all over someones front door who I was calling on, and could puke on cue for comedy effect...
Marxista Fozzski
Seen a different way for a driver acknowledge a brother driver last week, 2 Arriva buses passed each other,near Easington Dog Track...

Instead of a simple bus driver wave, they stuck there hands out the window and hand slapped/high 5 each other...

Whats that all about, is the simple handslap the bus driver version of a Masonic Handshake...

Never understood why they wave at each other, even I get a wave now and again...I know a driver who did funny shit instead of a wave depending on his mood, sometimes he mimicked playing air guitar, if he was in a bit of a mood, he put a clenched fist to his neck mimicking being hanged and sometimes he gave a salute

Sorry...just someting completely random post Big Grin
(31 Oct 2014, 3:50 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Seen a different way for a driver acknowledge a brother driver last week, 2 Arriva buses passed each other,near Easington Dog Track...

Instead of a simple bus driver wave, they stuck there hands out the window and hand slapped/high 5 each other...

Whats that all about, is the simple handslap the bus driver version of a Masonic Handshake...

Never understood why they wave at each other, even I get a wave now and again...I know a driver who did funny shit instead of a wave depending on his mood, sometimes he mimicked playing air guitar, if he was in a bit of a mood, he put a clenched fist to his neck mimicking being hanged and sometimes he gave a salute

Sorry...just someting completely random post Big Grin

#BusDriverLADs
#HashtagsonNEB
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
seeing one of my friends really made me feel fantastic and had the best food ever in Barnard Castle next time am down am going via Bishop Auckland
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Marxista Fozzski
(01 Nov 2014, 9:11 pm)Racer_Experience wrote seeing one of my friends really made me feel fantastic and had the best food ever in Barnard Castle next time am down am going via Bishop Auckland
Barny must be a fair hike for you mate
(01 Nov 2014, 9:38 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Barny must be a fair hike for you mate

If he was going from Sunderland, he'd have to spend two hours on the X21/21, then the 75 which is about a hour. Quite a way like.
Marxista Fozzski
(01 Nov 2014, 9:45 pm)Tom wrote If he was going from Sunderland, he'd have to spend two hours on the X21/21, then the 75 which is about a hour. Quite a way like.
That is quite a hike, I could probably to Scarborough in a similar amout of travelling time...

Have not been to Barnard Castle for years...might have a wander over there sometime
If he was going from Sunderland, he'd have to spend two hours on the X21/21, then the 75 which is about a hour. Quite a way like.
Looking at his Flickr that's what he probably did, from Darlington you can get either the Arriva 75/76 which takes about 45 minutes or the Scarlet Band 84 which takes about 50 minutes.

I keep meaning to get some photos in Barney but I haven't had time, I'd also like to sample the Scarlet Band 83/84/85.
(01 Nov 2014, 10:01 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Is there buses to Barney from Bishop?

I'm sure Scarlet Band run something from Barnard Castle to Bishop A. 
While at the swimming baths today I witnessed a kid getting a severe ticking off for performing an RKO on his Dad from the side into the pool.

To be fair, the move was quite well executed.
Whats made you happy today?
(02 Nov 2014, 3:02 pm)AdamY wrote While at the swimming baths today I witnessed a kid getting a severe ticking off for performing an RKO on his Dad from the side into the pool.

I saw something similar a few years back. I'd just done about 10 lengths or something and I was taking a break, so I was holding onto the side of the pool for some air.

There was a father and son at the side, sitting on the benches. The kid said something and the dad started play-fighting with him. One of the lifeguards thought it was a serious scuffle, and as they stopped, she ran over, but slipped on a damp area of the floor. She fell in like someone jumping from the stern of the Titanic......
Marxista Fozzski
(02 Nov 2014, 3:02 pm)AdamY wrote While at the swimming baths today I witnessed a kid getting a severe ticking off for performing an RKO on his Dad from the side into the pool.

RKO...OUT OF NOWHERE

I used to wrestle with mates all the time in swimming pools Big Grin
(01 Nov 2014, 9:38 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Barny must be a fair hike for you mate

(01 Nov 2014, 9:45 pm)Tom wrote If he was going from Sunderland, he'd have to spend two hours on the X21/21, then the 75 which is about a hour. Quite a way like.

I've been on longer bus journeys 7 hours once from South Shields to London that was long and reverse my bottom felt rather uncomfy but visiting my friend in Barnard Castle was good wish I was there right now but when I went to Scarbrough was long enough X9/X10 to boro then X93 I love Barnard castle I also go there for peace and quiet or when I need my friend
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Getting a chance to do something different today Smile 5.5 hours of 29s then a short 17 to finish! Overtime...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
First time I've ever said this, but returning to school and seeing the familiar faces... Despite attending a number of parties with each other over the holidays, it was nice to sit down and actually talk with everyone again.
(03 Nov 2014, 1:17 pm)Dan wrote First time I've ever said this, but returning to school and seeing the familiar faces... Despite attending a number of parties with each other over the holidays, it was nice to sit down and actually talk with everyone again.
Went through exactly the same thoughts this morning, then kind of realised that when people say that school was the best days of their lives they really do mean it... 
Site Administrator
(03 Nov 2014, 4:20 pm)mb134 wrote Went through exactly the same thoughts this morning, then kind of realised that when people say that school was the best days of their lives they really do mean it... 

It took most people a while to wake up this morning, but everyone seemed pretty happy to be there (complete opposite at the end of term!)

When I walked into school, I heard a teacher blasting "Kids in America". Walked into his room to comment on the fact he seemed far too alive for half 8 in the morning, and he was dancing around the classroom... No comment!
(03 Nov 2014, 4:56 pm)Marcus wrote Tried that new Tesco Spread! - I picked up the last Cookie one in the store (the last one overall, actually, they really must be selling!)

You liked it? I totally forgot on Sunday.
(03 Nov 2014, 4:56 pm)Marcus wrote Tried that new Tesco Spread! - I picked up the last Cookie one in the store (the last one overall, actually, they really must be selling!)
Want the Custard Cream one! Couldn't find it this morning, so I just bought a packet of them instead...
(03 Nov 2014, 5:06 pm)Marcus wrote Haha, yeah, my sister walked in on me while I was doing it in the kitchen and told me to get her a spoon. Smile

Haha very nice! I'm not sure what to try it on when I get it. 
The BIB sounds very wrong lol Smile