You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Arriva North East - Latest
Sorry if I sound like I know nothing, but I just can't be bothered to look back in the thread as it's 11:00 at night!

I'm sure I saw somewhere that Service 64 was to receive some new buses coming from down south somewhere, can anyone tell me their fleet numbers (I think they would be changed if they are moving fleets) and the vehicle type?
RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(02 Nov 2014, 11:02 pm)Marcus wrote Sorry if I sound like I know nothing, but I just can't be bothered to look back in the thread as it's 11:00 at night!

I'm sure I saw somewhere that Service 64 was to receive some new buses coming from down south somewhere, can anyone tell me their fleet numbers (I think they would be changed if they are moving fleets) and the vehicle type?

We are getting 9 Enviro 200s from Southern Counties which are currently being refurbished at Thorntons in Ashington. Unsure on their NE fleet numbers yet but they were 4071-9 with ASC

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(02 Nov 2014, 11:04 pm)tyresmoke wrote We are getting 9 Enviro 200s from Southern Counties which are currently being refurbished at Thorntons in Ashington. Unsure on their NE fleet numbers yet but they were 4071-9 with ASC

Cheers Scott,

I thought the PVR of the 64 was 8, though? Or is the 9th one spare?
 I thought the PVR of the 64 was 8, though? Or is the 9th one spare?
I think the 64 has a PVR of 8, so the spare will likely to see use on other services.

Belmont currently has 10 Darts for the 64's PVR of 8 but sometimes pops up on other routes such as the 6, 49/49A and 56/57/57A/86.
(02 Nov 2014, 10:06 pm)Tom wrote Eh? How confusing.

Why can't they not refurbish the existing Pulsars on the 6. then by Streetshites for something like the 17 at Stockton. 

It's probably cheaper to fit sockets, WiFi, next stop announcements etc to brand new, instead of retrospective fitment.

If that's the case, it's cheaper overall to buy brand new and sapphire spec in the factory, rather than buy new standard and refurbish existing stock.
I seem to recall that some time back, someone posted that due to non-compliance with DDA regs, the V & W reg. MPD's would be withdrawn by the end of this year- is that still so?  do their internal spaces differ greatly from later models?
 I travelled on MPD 211(V211 PCX) the ex. West Yorks. bus at Whitby/Redcar, during September, and was surprised to find that it was not fitted with a wheelchair ramp-I thought that all the MPD's had them.
Unusually, the same bus had chrome front wheel trims fitted (not the full covers,but partial ones as used to be fitted to Leyland Roadrunner trucks) This is the second Arriva West Yorks.bus I  have seen with them.
SERVICE 7 - Due to a serious RTI on the A167 this road has been closed between Chiltern and Ferryhill. Services are therefore suffering delays and have been diverted via Ferryhill Station. We expect this to be for approx. 2 hours.

Chiltern - Learn to spell Arriva.
(03 Nov 2014, 2:30 pm)Jimmi wrote SERVICE 7 - Due to a serious RTI on the A167 this road has been closed between Chiltern and Ferryhill. Services are therefore suffering delays and have been diverted via Ferryhill Station. We expect this to be for approx. 2 hours.

Can tell it's from Luton! lol

SERVICE 7 - Due to a serious RTI on the A167 this road has been closed between Chiltern and Ferryhill. Services are therefore suffering delays and have been diverted via Ferryhill Station. We expect this to be for approx. 2 hours.

Does seem to be causing problems, saw one running not in service northbound down the A1(M) towards Durham and saw one come from Woodham not in service then went down Burn Lane (I presume they transferred the passengers onto the one behind).
I wish Darlington depot would put the correct displays up for the 21/X21, I saw two 21's heading to Peterlee today and both had "Peterlee" on the display instead of "Peterlee for Sunderland"

How are they going to get through passengers when they can't get the correct display on the bus.
Site Administrator
(03 Nov 2014, 4:45 pm)Jimmi wrote I wish Darlington depot would put the correct displays up for the 21/X21, I saw two 21's heading to Peterlee today and both had "Peterlee" on the display instead of "Peterlee for Sunderland"

How are they going to get through passengers when they can't get the correct display on the bus.

Are the Mobitec displays programmed to show this? All of the X21s I've seen at the Sunderland end have only shown "Peterlee" in a large font too.
Are the Mobitec displays programmed to show this? All of the X21s I've seen at the Sunderland end have only shown "Peterlee" in a large font too.
I've seen 4812/4813 display "Peterlee for Darlington" on the X21.

4813 displaying this last Monday.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...639194841/
Site Administrator
With reference to the X21...

The Stockton run this morning came into Park Lane with about 10 passengers, notably running about 5 mins late. I didn't see either the 22 or the 23 this morning to see the potential effect the X21 may have had on their loadings, though I did see a Solo on Ryhope Rd earlier heading out of Sunderland carrying no more than fresh air. The Darlo run came in about five minutes after the Stockton one, and I saw about 2 or 3 people on it.
Thought that was 1766 or is it both of them?

In other news 2805 has now surfaced at Darlington, currently getting used on service 66 from town to whinfield
(03 Nov 2014, 7:33 pm)RGR756V wrote Durham 1762 has spent most of the day on service 6, along with a couple of Solo's - isn't 1762 the dedicated bus for the 168?

1762 moved to Durham for new services 61/62.
1766 moved earlier this year for service 168.
When ive been in Peterlee bus station, ive noticed that service 23 to Sunderland is already in the stand when the X21 to Sunderland pulls in, only I handful of passengers stand back waiting for the X21 to pull in while service 23 is in, when ive used the 21/X21 to Sunderland from Passfield Way, theirs quite a handful of passengers that stays on the bus when it arrives at peterlee bus station, hopefully it will start to pick up a lot more witin the next few months when passengers realise that the X21 doesn't go through Seaham, Dalton-le-Dale, Easington etc... and the £4.90 2 zone ticket is quite helpful aswell.

(02 Nov 2014, 10:55 pm)Jimmi wrote I've heard that the X1 can be bad at these times, I remember there used to be a duplicate journey on a morning that used an EcoCity, now there is a journey that starts at West Auckland on weekday mornings which follows the 6 route route between West Auckland and Tindle Crescent then the X1 route.

The 5/5A can be busy but I don't think it needs double deckers.

The X66 doesn't need double deckers I'd say, about the only time I've seen standing is if the one in front has broke down and occasionally on a hot summer morning just after 0930 when the free pass brigade can use the X66 for free.
(04 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm)Jimmi wrote Another Prestige has entered service at Darlington (not sure which) and is operating services 1/5A today.

4001 and 4007 are both there now
(04 Nov 2014, 7:06 pm)MrPottski wrote 4001 and 4007 are both there now

Will have been 4007 on the 1/5A, also it was displaying the number 1 on the left instead of the right on the screen.

4001 on the X66 today:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...091957254/
RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(04 Nov 2014, 9:19 pm)Philly rf wrote Does anyone know if any buses are transferring to ashington from anywhere just so I know to keep a look out

Probably be some DB250/ALX400 from Jesmond once the Volvo B9TLs arrive & enter service at Whitby

(05 Nov 2014, 12:10 pm)Jimmi wrote SERVICE UPDATE: 21/X22 is suffering delays due to A19 south bound road closure between A690 and B1404 (Seaham)

Oh dear! Not another mistake from the Arriva Facebook page.

This will cause delays for Arriva service 22 and 23 since diverted traffic will use the coast road, the A19 is very unpredictable with delays and closures.

2808 has been driven around Faverdale by fitters this afternoon, so presumably will enter service at Faverdale shortly.
(05 Nov 2014, 4:28 pm)John_R wrote 2808 has been driven around Faverdale by fitters this afternoon, so presumably will enter service at Faverdale shortly.

Was on the 3/19 this evening. Surprised it hasn't been repainted