You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
Crash in shields today rip to old lady who died and 50 and crap 5 was very late today waited an hour and half 50A turned up 20 mins late
(04 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm)gneasy91 wrote Crash in shields today rip to old lady who died and 50 and crap 5 was very late today waited an hour and half 50A turned up 20 mins late

Didn't hear anything about it, R.I.P thoughts are with her family. Sad
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
4943 and 5204 are both on 20's, 5204 replaced 4989 which back to the Depot, A few minutes after that 5211 came in on the 20, again went out NIS and back to the Depot, has since returned and on the Layover in PL, 6100 has also just came into PL on the 20.
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(05 Nov 2014, 11:51 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 4943 and 5204 are both on 20's, 5204 replaced 4989 which back to the Depot, A few minutes after that 5211 came in on the 20, again went out NIS and back to the Depot, has since returned and on the Layover in PL, 6100 has also just came into PL on the 20.
5211 has replaced 6100, 6100 is now on the Layover in PL.
Must.
Resist.
Temptation.
to talk about.
the 20's.....

#likeaplonkytalkingaboutvodka
#hard
#hashtagsonNEB
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(05 Nov 2014, 12:15 pm)Andreos1 wrote Must.
Resist.
Temptation.
to talk about.
the 20's.....

#likeaplonkytalkingaboutvodka
#hard
#hashtagsonNEB

It's ok 3 came in at once moments after you made this post, and as for the Wing Mirrors, 5321 has Two Purple ones, 5324(I think) has a Purple one as does a Laser Citaro, Along with 5304, 5211 didn't sound good either, Think it is time these Solars took a Red Spare Role in the Fleet to then be Replaced by New Vehicles.

#PurpleSolars
#WingMirrorIssues
#HashtagsOnNEB
(05 Nov 2014, 9:51 pm)Dan wrote Back onto actual news... 5320 has returned to service at Deptford following repaint:
[Image: 15718084561_782537504e.jpg]Go North East: 5320 / NK58DVW by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

I really do wonder what customers think of vehicles being repainted so frequently and the money being spent on pointless repaints like the one above. 

Perhaps repainting any remaining red Northern buses if indeed the repaint is to increase their sale value should be a higher priority like the renowns which still got the 'Northern' fleet names than buses that have only been repainted 2 years ago.
(05 Nov 2014, 11:28 pm)Bus_User wrote I really do wonder what customers think of vehicles being repainted so frequently and the money being spent on pointless repaints like the one above. 

Perhaps repainting any remaining red Northern buses if indeed the repaint is to increase their sale value should be a higher priority like the renowns which still got the 'Northern' fleet names than buses that have only been repainted 2 years ago.

I think I am right in saying these will be warranty repaints for the Silver Arrows batch as I don't think they have been done yet?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
(05 Nov 2014, 11:28 pm)Bus_User wrote I really do wonder what customers think of vehicles being repainted so frequently and the money being spent on pointless repaints like the one above. 

Whilst Go North East is in the process of removing the Northern identity from its fleet, this is not a priority as the present corporate livery - which is devoid of any branding - does not differ greatly from the Northern livery.

Go North East values the presentation of its fleet, and it could be argued that, despite having only been repainted two years ago, the standard of these vehicles was not satisfactory. The reasons for this have previously been discussed - whether it's bubbling paint, panels which are of a slightly different shade of silver, or wrongly coloured wing mirrors after a bash...
Site Administrator
(05 Nov 2014, 11:29 pm)tyresmoke wrote I think I am right in saying these will be warranty repaints for the Silver Arrows batch as I don't think they have been done yet?
No, the warranty repaints were completed in 2012. This is the basis for discussion in BusUser's post - he appears to be suggesting that removing the Northern identity from the entire fleet on buses which haven't been repainted in four years should be prioritised over buses which were repainted just over two years ago...

See the individual history sections on fleet list records for more details.

I doubt whether the average passenger notices the condition of a vehicle paint unless it is flaking or greatly discoloured or shows signs of vehicle damage. Few will recognise a particular bus unless it is uniquely liveried - so condition will not be judged (unless it is noticeably poor).
What is noticed is when a red double decker turns up on the TEN, and even worse (for confusion) is when an orange single decker arrives (as the X84/X85 routes diverge from the TEN at Corbridge - and some don't want to be on the wrong bus).

Tynedale has Mini Pointer Darts that have the corners scraped and bent due to contact with verges on the rural routes, but, as long as the bus turns up and continues to 'go' (ie isn't too late or breaks down) most passengers don't care about the paint finish - any bus is better than none.
Country dwellers are grateful for whatever bus service they get - unlike city dwellers who expect frequent and regular services that run to timetable.

Of course, a bus that rattles or is otherwise uncomfortable will  be noticed - especially on a long journey.
Anyone noticed 8306 has a new Hanover destination display it's so bright I needed my sunglasses. But all I can say is about time. Nowt worse than a jumping destination. On route 39 now
Site Administrator
(06 Nov 2014, 8:15 am)Acky81 wrote Anyone noticed 8306 has a new Hanover destination display it's so bright I needed my sunglasses. But all I can say is about time. Nowt worse than a jumping destination. On route 39 now
I told you months ago when this was fixed...

It had a new one put in to rectify the problems but was still having the same problems afterwards. Was fixed a little while after that - guessing it was a loose connection or something rather than anything to do with the Hanover display itself...

8319, which has been VOR for about a week and a bit, returned to service yesterday. I understand one of the reasons it was off the road was due to its front destination not working at all, though this has now been fixed and it has returned to service. Not sure what it was on yesterday but it came into Park Lane last night displaying out of service whilst carrying passengers, before heading back to the depot for the night.
Site Administrator
Not sure what's happening with the 60s at the moment.

5370/71/72 all in Park Lane.

5370 has come in with passengers, 5371 is on the stand with no driver, and 5372 is on the layover with a driver.
Site Administrator
(06 Nov 2014, 9:55 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 5320s Blind is buggered, merely showing a Multi Coloured Square and nothing else.
Was fine last night, too!

5321 arrived at Saltmeadows this morning for repaint.
(06 Nov 2014, 11:18 am)Dan wrote Was fine last night, too!

What else is in for repaint? 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(06 Nov 2014, 11:21 am)Michael wrote What else is in for repaint? 
Think that's it at the moment. No further Blaydon Racers have arrived since I last reported one being in for paint, but the last one which was repainted is now back at Riverside.
(06 Nov 2014, 11:18 am)Dan wrote Was fine last night, too!

Blind is now fixed, must been sent back to Deptford for a quick fix.
Just passed 29 38 39 and 42 in ryhope all running together. Surely there's not that much demand!!! Worst thing I noticed 38 solo was like sardines all rest had 2-3 passengers. Also I noticed 548 on 238 this morning now on 39 didn't think they interworked
Site Administrator
(06 Nov 2014, 4:11 pm)Acky81 wrote Just passed 29 38 39 and 42 in ryhope all running together. Surely there's not that much demand!!! Worst thing I noticed 38 solo was like sardines all rest had 2-3 passengers. Also I noticed 548 on 238 this morning now on 39 didn't think they interworked
There isn't, but obviously they aren't timetabled to turn up like that - more evenly to provide what is almost a 5 minute combined frequency.

They don't - doesn't mean to say 548 has not been removed from service and replaced by another vehicle, with 548 replacing a vehicle on service 39 too...