You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(07 Nov 2014, 7:06 pm)Jimmi wrote I'd imagine it would be something like "stop taking photos you f***ing perv"
Or that lol
RE: Go North East - Latest
(07 Nov 2014, 5:43 pm)Coppercap40 wrote 3874 still working off Percy Main, saw it arrive off a schools around 1600

Was on 9 earlier and I did photograph it along with Arriva and GNE oddities spotted 2 more on as my camera was at home ended up using my iPhone 5s
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(07 Nov 2014, 3:35 pm)Dan wrote Making me out to be a liar, Go North East's "Enthusiast Area" section of their website has already been update, with fleet disposition for Monday 10th November already uploaded.

This details the transfer of MPD 524 from Washington to Riverside. As already discussed, this is for use on the Prudhoe Shuttle Service.

also shows 5275-79 as no longer Blaydon Racer (technically correct but strange if they are to regain Blaydon Racer branding).
5281 is now shown as having WIFI.

4935 is now shown as a CLS bus. (eventually)
(07 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm)park5354 wrote 5281 is now shown as having WIFI.

That was the 'trial' bus for wifi at Washington when it was on Red Arrows and it is still fitted at the minute.
Aye Fozz, the Easington Lane turning circle.

It was in total darkness, so no idea if anyone was on the vehicle or not.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(08 Nov 2014, 3:48 pm)Marcus wrote Not sure if it's worth much, but my ticket from 6094 today shows it out to be 5217, wonder what 5217's tickets said!

Ta Marcus, getting it checked.  5217 will probably show 5217 as well  Tongue
(08 Nov 2014, 4:43 pm)Marcus wrote Oh right, is that not meant to happen? It happens to me every once in a while, like.

No, the fleet number on the ticket should match the fleet number you are actually on.  It happens when an ETM has came off for a fault, been fixed by ERG so it goes into the spare pool at the depot and is then put onto another vehicle without the fleet number getting changed.
Go North East - Latest
(08 Nov 2014, 4:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote No, the fleet number on the ticket should match the fleet number you are actually on.  It happens when an ETM has came off for a fault, been fixed by ERG so it goes into the spare pool at the depot and is then put onto another vehicle without the fleet number getting changed.

Ah, I get it now. For a long period of time about a year and a half ago, I remember 4853 used to show 8238, when the latter had only just been transferred to Chester.
(08 Nov 2014, 4:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote No, the fleet number on the ticket should match the fleet number you are actually on.  It happens when an ETM has came off for a fault, been fixed by ERG so it goes into the spare pool at the depot and is then put onto another vehicle without the fleet number getting changed.

Isn't the fleet number held in the baseplate? As we used to swap machines quite regularly at Stagecoach

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(08 Nov 2014, 4:43 pm)Marcus wrote Oh right, is that not meant to happen? It happens to me every once in a while, like.

i got the same 2 years ago when travelling on a dart and the ticket displayed something like 4846 some crap like that and it was a Northern Dart on 27 I was heading to gateshead from Heworth to photograph photos with anth
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
Seems appropriate to mention given that I'm preparing the news...

Earlier this year, due to an accident, Riverside-based "Nexus" branded Optare Solo SR M890/Optare 634 (NK61 FJO) was temporarily withdrawn. This vehicle is undergoing repairs at Saltmeadows Road at present, and has recently been treated to a repaint back into Nexus base livery colours, suggesting that the vehicle is almost ready to return to service.
(09 Nov 2014, 9:04 am)Dan wrote Seems appropriate to mention given that I'm preparing the news...

Earlier this year, due to an accident, Riverside-based "Nexus" branded Optare Solo SR M890/Optare 634 (NK61 FJO) was temporarily withdrawn. This vehicle is undergoing repairs at Saltmeadows Road at present, and has recently been treated to a repaint back into Nexus base livery colours, suggesting that the vehicle is almost ready to return to service.

Only 3 weeks late Tongue

Least its close to coming back in to service! 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Nov 2014, 9:14 am)Michael wrote Only 3 weeks late Tongue

Least its close to coming back in to service! 

One week late - made you wait for three instead of two! Tongue 
Reports from Prudhoe about a lack of buses.

Not directly involved - just heresay from people expecting visitors from Prudhoe who waited in vain for a bus to Corbridge.

Was this because of Remembrance services?
Site Administrator
(09 Nov 2014, 12:32 pm)G-CPTN wrote Reports from Prudhoe about a lack of buses.

Not directly involved - just heresay from people expecting visitors from Prudhoe who waited in vain for a bus to Corbridge.

Was this because of Remembrance services?

I'd imagine so.

Last year, it took me over an hour to get back to Sunderland from Ryhope (a 10-15 minute journey by bus). See bus timetable at a stop in Ryhope here - despite there being nine buses per hour, it actually took an entire hour for one bus to turn up.
question for Dan when is the NEB News coming out for all the major companies?
Owner of Bella the Cat

(09 Nov 2014, 12:54 pm)Dan wrote They've swapped them now.

[Image: 15722323046_f8cff53026.jpg]Go North East: 3965 / 574CPT by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/15726595405/ been on since Thursday taken by Me 
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
(09 Nov 2014, 6:00 pm)Racer_Experience wrote question for Dan when is the NEB News coming out for all the major companies?

It is at some point today hopefully, I'm just trying to avoid crying about my English first. Tongue 
(09 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm)Dan wrote It is at some point today hopefully, I'm just trying to avoid crying about my English first. Tongue 

hopefully more news and details and repaints plus some cool new things including future orders and others
Owner of Bella the Cat

(09 Nov 2014, 6:31 pm)Racer_Experience wrote hopefully more news and details and repaints plus some cool new things including future orders and others

Might have a while then.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Go North East - Latest
(09 Nov 2014, 6:35 pm)Michael wrote Might have a while then.

Unless he knows something that we dont since he has used the word 'including' (suggesting that the orders have been revealed but we dont know about them yet he does).
He clearly didnt read Malarkey's post which i seem to remember read 'patience is virtue' unless it was written in a different language...
Site Administrator
(09 Nov 2014, 7:16 pm)Robert wrote Unless he knows something that we dont since he has used the word 'including' (suggesting that the orders have been revealed but we dont know about them yet he does).
He clearly didnt read Malarkey's post which i seem to remember read 'patience is virtue' unless it was written in a different language...

Go North East's orders have not been revealed as no vehicles have - as of yet - been ordered.

Although I could be wrong, I'm doubtful confirmed details of Go North East's orders will even hit the public domain until the vehicles are due to arrive, as, if I remember rightly, it was not planned for these details to hit the public domain last year either. Until then, I think it'll be a case of hints and suggestions, with some brands being excluded by process of elimination with repaints.
(09 Nov 2014, 9:39 pm)Marcus wrote Random thing to add, but I was in a meeting with the Chair of Governers at my school, and he mentioned he had a very small share in GNESmile

Probably the unused section of a return ticket. Big Grin
Site Administrator
5321 now back at Deptford following repaint. 5322 should therefore go to Saltmeadows tomorrow morning for repaint.
(09 Nov 2014, 12:35 pm)Dan wrote I'd imagine so.

Last year, it took me over an hour to get back to Sunderland from Ryhope (a 10-15 minute journey by bus). See bus timetable at a stop in Ryhope here - despite there being nine buses per hour, it actually took an entire hour for one bus to turn up.

Old style timetable!! X21 arriva Northumbria really? 38C compass not anymore
Nexus are bloody shocking