You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Latest
4511 reported in service at Redcar today on service 63

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Getting your Christmas Shopping in this weekend? Travel for a POUND return on the X24 this Saturday 15th to the Metrocentre! Timetable can be found here http://bit.ly/1EuYs4t

I think the hairy bikers are turning on the Christmas lights too.
(11 Nov 2014, 6:50 pm)Jimmi wrote Getting your Christmas Shopping in this weekend? Travel for a POUND return on the X24 this Saturday 15th to the Metrocentre! Timetable can be found here http://bit.ly/1EuYs4t

Good price!
Arriva North East - Latest
(11 Nov 2014, 6:50 pm)Jimmi wrote Getting your Christmas Shopping in this weekend? Travel for a POUND return on the X24 this Saturday 15th to the Metrocentre! Timetable can be found here http://bit.ly/1EuYs4t

That's brilliant! Might try and squeeze it in on my day out!
(11 Nov 2014, 5:53 pm)tyresmoke wrote Perhaps they should have swapped some Darts with B10BLE's from Stockton or Redcar, they could handle the X66 day in day out no problem.

I agree about the B10BLE's, however, I'd like to put my point across. The R-COO Darts are, for the most part, in better nick than the S-KHN ones, and definitely better than the X-GGO ones. 1649 is lovely to drive, doesn't rattle very much (considering its age) and still goes ok, although it can be a bit breathless at the top end. They would cope fine enough on the 5/5A, although the 1 might be a stretch. The only thing is, the RTC's only give 6 mins to get from Bishop bus station to Cabin Gate (impossible most days) but Pulsars can normally catch this up, the Darts might struggle.
With clever driving, the Prestiges could get a wheelchair on, as they do lower, and I think the passengers would much prefer a bus that can actually climb hills, unlike the woeful GGO batch. As for the X66's, two failures on S-KHN Darts yesterday has probably swayed the decision for using Pulsars, however I do think using one on the 75/76's when a Solo normally copes well enough is a strange one.
I'm trying to keep up with the ins and outs at Darlington but as the stock changes almost daily, it's almost impossible!
Oh, I'm driving the 1/5's and 8's tomorrow so all my opinions could change lol!
Site Administrator
Quick note to say that I've updated the Arriva North East fleet list which hasn't been touched for a while as I've been so busy and the same presumably applies for Scott too...

A summary of what has been updated:
- All movements included in yesterday's news update.
- The livery for the former Durham Park & Ride branded Optare Solos (this is now shown as 'Arriva' with the repaint being listed as November 2014).
- The livery for all of the OmniCitys for Darlington's X26/X27 and X66 are all shown as 'MAX' and 'Under Repair' at their current respective depots.
- The 'notes' section now shows the Darlington Pulsars as having gained Next Stop Announcement screens.
- 2827/28 are shown as carrying 'White' liveries.
- November Fleet Movements*

* Is someone able to confirm whether 1320 is 4071, 1321 is 4072 etc? Do the ANE fleet number to reg allocation match up directly with the Southern Counties allocation?
(11 Nov 2014, 9:44 pm)Dan wrote Quick note to say that I've updated the Arriva North East fleet list which hasn't been touched for a while as I've been so busy and the same presumably applies for Scott too...

A summary of what has been updated:
- All movements included in yesterday's news update.
- The livery for the former Durham Park & Ride branded Optare Solos (this is now shown as 'Arriva' with the repaint being listed as November 2014).
- The livery for all of the OmniCitys for Darlington's X26/X27 and X66 are all shown as 'MAX' and 'Under Repair' at their current respective depots.
- The 'notes' section now shows the Darlington Pulsars as having gained Next Stop Announcement screens.
- 2827/28 are shown as carrying 'White' liveries.
- November Fleet Movements*

* Is someone able to confirm whether 1320 is 4071, 1321 is 4072 etc? Do the ANE fleet number to reg allocation match up directly with the Southern Counties allocation?

Yes Dan, the order is the same.
Site Administrator
(11 Nov 2014, 9:49 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Yes Dan, the order is the same.

Ta - will add those now as well while I'm at it..!
Well, I hope the 1/5/5A allocation is going to keep Jimmi happy today. 1426, 1510, 1511, 2868 and 1647 are the ones I know of so far.
Get rid of 1647 and I will be, give me any R or S reg Dart but that one!

Any ideas when 2868 will be next in Darlington.
(12 Nov 2014, 2:13 pm)Jimmi wrote Get rid of 1647 and I will be, give me any R or S reg Dart but that one!

Any ideas when 2868 will be next in Darlington.

It looks like 1647 and 2868 have disappeared, 1498, 1506 and 1507 are also on.
(11 Nov 2014, 10:22 am)Kuyoyo wrote November Fleet Movements

Ashington

In: 7514-7 from MAX Refurbishment, 1579-81 new to fleet
Out: 7440/53-6 to Durham, 4501 to Stockton, 4513 to Redcar

Durham

In: 7440/53-6 from Ashington, 1574-8 new to fleet
Out: 7435 to Yorkshire Tiger, 7459/61/2/4 to disposal, 2803/4/5/7/8 to Darlington

Darlington

In: 2803/4/5/7/8 from Durham
Out: 4644/5/57 to Blackburn (MAX Refurbishment), 1616/7 to disposal

Redcar

In: 4513 from Ashington, 1103/4 moved from Whitby (PVR reduction, 2827/28 move onto Whitby Town network)
Out: 211 to Yorkshire Disposal, 1743/1651 for disposal (as a result of 1103/4 moving to Redcar from Whitby)

Whitby

Out: 1103/4 to Redcar (end of Whitby Park & Ride)

Stockton

In: 4501 from Ashington
Out: 4039 to disposal

Removed from Fleet

1207/14 to Yorkshire (along with 211)
7432/3/5 to Yorkshire Tiger (all but 7435 already moved)

Added to Fleet

1320-8 from Southern Counties (E200s) - seating presently marked as B34F up from B32D however it remains to be seen when they appear what seating they will be (in comparsion, 1301-3/5-7/9/13/5 are B40F and 1304/8/10-2/4 are B38F).

Sorry post didn't appear Darts 1616/17 are still in service at darlington
Site Administrator
(13 Nov 2014, 8:06 pm)ross13 wrote Sorry post didn't appear Darts 1616/17 are still in service at darlington

See this post. Smile 
One for the frequent odd workings thread, on one of the X66 boards, it operates the 0616 26A from Colburn to Darlington, then the 0730 X66 to Middlesbrough.
(13 Nov 2014, 8:54 pm)MrPottski wrote One for the frequent odd workings thread, on one of the X66 boards, it operates the 0616 26A from Colburn to Darlington, then the 0730 X66 to Middlesbrough.

Thanks! Will get that updated

EDIT: Done!

I understand the gas bus on the 4 and MPD on 21 are due to be swapped over in a few weeks.

(13 Nov 2014, 8:54 pm)MrPottski wrote One for the frequent odd workings thread, on one of the X66 boards, it operates the 0616 26A from Colburn to Darlington, then the 0730 X66 to Middlesbrough.

And then there's another one I think, think it's 26D running board that starts by doing a X66 before joining the X26's for the day 
Site Administrator
Gary Hunter reports that former Ashington-based Lowlanders 7453/56 have now arrived at Belmont and are having their "Coast & Castle" vinyls removed.
(14 Nov 2014, 4:55 pm)Dan wrote Gary Hunter reports that former Ashington-based Lowlanders 7453/56 have now arrived at Belmont and are having their "Coast & Castle" vinyls removed.

Waste of good buses to be honest.
(14 Nov 2014, 5:31 pm)Tom wrote Waste of good buses to be honest.

According to an Ashington/Alnwick driver - 7453 keeps running hot while 7455 has suspension issues. 7454/6 is presently running fine but really they need to be allocated to something less demanding than Ashington routes. Plus, considering most of Ashington's decker output will be MAX before too much longer with just the 20/X20 34 and 35/35A/100 which only requires 8 deckers, it makes perfect sense to send 7453-6 to Durham to 'standardise' the Lowlanders at the depot. Also then gives Durham something else to use on X1(X12)/X2 once the Geminis go off for MAX refurbishment.
(14 Nov 2014, 8:04 pm)Kuyoyo wrote According to an Ashington/Alnwick driver - 7453 keeps running hot while 7455 has suspension issues. 7454/6 is presently running fine but really they need to be allocated to something less demanding than Ashington routes. Plus, considering most of Ashington's decker output will be MAX before too much longer with just the 20/X20 34 and 35/35A/100 which only requires 8 deckers, it makes perfect sense to send 7453-6 to Durham to 'standardise' the Lowlanders at the depot. Also then gives Durham something else to use on X1(X12)/X2 once the Geminis go off for MAX refurbishment.

I think they would cope on the X1/X2, and they have high-backed seating which is good.
I was wondering why they were often on the 34 and 35.
(14 Nov 2014, 8:45 pm)Tom wrote I think they would cope on the X1/X2, and they have high-backed seating which is good.
I was wondering why they were often on the 34 and 35.

I'd rather see them on there, instead of Durham's Pulsar allocations to the X1/X2. Would make more sense.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(14 Nov 2014, 9:03 pm)aureolin wrote I'd rather see them on there, instead of Durham's Pulsar allocations to the X1/X2. Would make more sense.

Still going to be Pulsars allocated - I understand at least 1 Durham Pulsar will be off to be MAX'd ready for the upgrade (along with the Geminis and Stockton's 1441-3).
(14 Nov 2014, 9:18 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Still going to be Pulsars allocated - I understand at least 1 Durham Pulsar will be off to be MAX'd ready for the upgrade (along with the Geminis and Stockton's 1441-3).

The Pulsars wouldn't be too bad if the frequency met the demand. Although you may as well be riding on board a cattle truck, if one turns up during peak times.

Do you know when is the MAX 'upgrade' likely to happen?
(14 Nov 2014, 9:14 pm)Jimmi wrote Aye, sometimes it can be a little cramped on a Pulsar on the X1

That corridor is just really bad during peak hours - in both directions. It seems to have been busier this week for some reason. I was on the 57 out of Durham about 1640 one day this week. Solo operated, and it had 12 standees with every single seat taken, and that was only upon departure from the bus station. It had picked another 4 up at Millburngate, so was over capacity by the time it'd reached it's second stop.

Crazy situation...
The Pulsars wouldn't be too bad if the frequency met the demand. Although you may as well be riding on board a cattle truck, if one turns up during peak times.
Not had the misery of the X1 at peak times, but I have had a Pulsar turn up on the X2 at peak time in Framwellgate Moor and everyone has to try and pile on and one I managed to just get on and when we got to Durham Johnston School someone accidentally pressed the bell and the driver thought I was wanting to be off and decided that he wasn't happy with where I was stood so he told me to move further back or get off, but I couldn't move back so he made me get off at Durham Johnston School leaving me to walk to Durham Bus Station in the pouring rain and as I got to the roundabout I saw my connecting service 7 heading out of North Road, so I got soaked and had to stand for 20 minutes in Durham Bus Station because of the allocations of Pulsars. And this is why I've been very vocal about services between Framwellgate Moor and Durham because it is a nightmare just getting on a bus to complete a 5 minute journey on an Arriva bus at various points of the day during school / New College term time and needs to be addressed and if the Enviro 200s are used on the 64 and they have 34 seats like it was suggested the other day there will be hell for Arriva.
I would expect that the Enviro 200s will come out of refurb with more than 34 seats. Maybe 36 or even 38. The X12 should be MAXed in February I understand - obviously not all runs with be MAX though as other buses are scheduled.