Menu

Pages (146)    153 54 55146   
Andreos1   08 Nov 2014, 9:38 am
You were quick off the mark there Fozz!
Realised as soon as it was posted that it was in early 90 and then edited the post.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
MrFozz   08 Nov 2014, 9:41 am
My mind is in overdrive, I aint slept a wink all night, going through my insomniac phase
Andreos1   08 Nov 2014, 10:25 am
Aye, been there.
Can appreciate what it is like.
I found getting out, keeping busy etc helped.
Fresh air at the coast late in the afternoon always seems to knock me out.

Just realised though - the edit was done well before your reply.

Michael   09 Nov 2014, 9:45 am
Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   12 Nov 2014, 7:23 pm
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/12/us/new...ODtopPhoto - bloody hell, scary

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
R852 PRG   14 Nov 2014, 5:15 pm
Well, I'm charging my camera!

Planning on taking it out with me tomorrow, I'm doing the MetroCentre, Newcastle, Gateshead and Chester. I know it's not much, but I think I'll just do Newcastle, as Gateshead Interchange and the MetroCentre seem to be riddled with 'security'!
Tom   14 Nov 2014, 5:44 pm
(14 Nov 2014, 5:15 pm)Marcus wrote Well, I'm charging my camera!

Planning on taking it out with me tomorrow, I'm doing the MetroCentre, Newcastle, Gateshead and Chester. I know it's not much, but I think I'll just do Newcastle, as Gateshead Interchange and the MetroCentre seem to be riddled with 'security'!

Metrocentre isn't riddled with security? Gatehsead is though. 
Jimmi   14 Nov 2014, 5:51 pm
(14 Nov 2014, 5:44 pm)Tom wrote Metrocentre isn't riddled with security? Gatehsead is though. 

Marcus, You should be fine if your somewhere safe, last time I was there I stood near where the taxi pick up / drop off is behind the railings and I had no bother and I was there for a while too. The footpath where the drop off stands should be okay too.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   14 Nov 2014, 5:51 pm
(14 Nov 2014, 5:15 pm)Marcus wrote Well, I'm charging my camera!

I hate the MetroCentre...

Infact I wonder if I am still banned from the place, was caught thieving from HMV in 2011, bit of a misunderstanding really, had bought a few DVDs, got to the tills, paid for 2 and walked with another, as I was concentrating on a a phone call at the same time, I bagged all 3, continued my phonecall and walked out...

Got collared 2 days later, I was seen on CCTV walking out with that other DVD, although the police and HMV staff accepted my story, I took an official caution and fixed penalty for the soul reason that once I realised I decided not to go back and tell them, which was a stupid thing Big Grin

#sillymistafozz
#learnedalesson
#learnedthehardway
Jimmi   14 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm
I hate the Metrocentre when its busy, if I head up there tomorrow I will be getting a Greggs pasty and some cans of Cherry Coke from Poundworld then jump straight on a bus out of there.
R852 PRG   14 Nov 2014, 6:00 pm
(14 Nov 2014, 5:51 pm)marxistafozzski wrote I hate the MetroCentre...

Infact I wonder if I am still banned from the place, was caught thieving from HMV in 2011, bit of a misunderstanding really, had bought a few DVDs, got to the tills, paid for 2 and walked with another, as I was concentrating on a a phone call at the same time, I bagged all 3, continued my phonecall and walked out...

Got collared 2 days later, I was seen on CCTV walking out with that other DVD, although the police and HMV staff accepted my story, I took an official caution and fixed penalty for the soul reason that once I realised I decided not to go back and tell them, which was a stupid thing Big Grin

#sillymistafozz
#learnedalesson
#learnedthehardway

I cannot stand the place. I hate how big it is, I can get lost just about time I go past Vision Express! Tongue

I rarely go beyond the bus station to be honest! If I go with my family, we seem to do a tour of the place! Sad
Jimmi   14 Nov 2014, 6:05 pm
(14 Nov 2014, 6:00 pm)Marcus wrote I cannot stand the place. I hate how big it is, I can get lost just about time I go past Vision Express! Tongue

I rarely go beyond the bus station to be honest! If I go with my family, we seem to do a tour of the place! Sad

I used to get lost all the time when I got towards House of Frasier instead of turning to head towards HMV, I would always end up going down to where Topman is.

It is big, I hate that it is all indoors so when you finally get outside the air just hits you as the heating is always cranked up high in the Metrocentre (I imagine it is to get you to buy drinks in the shops / cafes)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   14 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm
This may be better in tbe politics thread...if so can a move it please...

Just seen on the news the government are talking about revoking the passports of British Born Jihadis who go and fight with IS on Iraq and Syria.

I am all for tough sanctions against these people, infact wiping them out completely ruled out in my opinion.

Would the Gov't not be skating on thin ice here, would actions like this not cause a problem with groups like the EU or UN...

What happens if a terrorist is made stateless and no other state wants them...
Adrian   14 Nov 2014, 6:32 pm
(14 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm)marxistafozzski wrote This may be better in tbe politics thread...if so can a move it please...

Just seen on the news the government are talking about revoking the passports of British Born Jihadis who go and fight with IS on Iraq and Syria.

I am all for tough sanctions against these people, infact wiping them out completely ruled out in my opinion.

Would the Gov't not be skating on thin ice here, would actions like this not cause a problem with groups like the EU or UN...

I don't think they can legally do it. It took them 10 years to deport a single extremist.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
MrFozz   14 Nov 2014, 6:50 pm
(14 Nov 2014, 6:32 pm)aureolin wrote I don't think they can legally do it. It took them 10 years to deport a single extremist.
So if they go ahead with it, are opening up one massive can of worms legally and politically...

Where will it stop, will they decide to revoke the passports of people committing petty crime.

The thing I find distrubing is what to do with stateless people, no country in there right mind would have them, so would they eventually end up holed in Airports with nowhere to go(the last place you want a terrorist) or holed up in various embassies ala Julian Assange...

What would it mean for extradition, if the govt are struggling to get rid of someone and are having trouble doing so, can they just revoke the passport and get rid that way...

Personally I say hand them over to Uncle Sam and let the Americans sort them out, I am sure the Americans will find space in a small part of Cuba
Malarkey   14 Nov 2014, 6:52 pm
(14 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm)marxistafozzski wrote This may be better in tbe politics thread...if so can a move it please...

Let's hope he/she is a good swimmer, and are also good at holding there breath.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   14 Nov 2014, 6:53 pm
(14 Nov 2014, 6:52 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Let's hope he/she is a good swimmer, and are also good at holding there breath.
Lol Adam...
Malarkey   16 Nov 2014, 9:55 pm
How road markings should be done.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202423966303384
Jimmi   16 Nov 2014, 10:03 pm
(16 Nov 2014, 9:55 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote How road markings should be done.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202423966303384

Yes! Did a better job than the people who did the ones around my way did.
Andreos1   18 Nov 2014, 2:01 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30096906

Benjy the gay bull, saved by Simpsons co-creator

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   19 Nov 2014, 3:05 pm
Anyone seen the snow they've had in new York....deep enough, bloody hell!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   19 Nov 2014, 3:19 pm
(19 Nov 2014, 3:05 pm)Michael wrote Anyone seen the snow they've had in new York....deep enough, bloody hell!
Today???
Michael   19 Nov 2014, 3:24 pm
(19 Nov 2014, 3:19 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Today???

Ye

http://news.sky.com/story/1375962/five-k...-snowstorm 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   19 Nov 2014, 3:26 pm
(19 Nov 2014, 3:24 pm)Michael wrote Ye

http://news.sky.com/story/1375962/five-k...-snowstorm 
Damn, 5 dead...

When I saw your post I thought you meant our York, rather than New York...

Should open my eyes and take more notice Big Grin
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   21 Nov 2014, 9:05 am
Woman trapped under car on zebra crossing.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11..._crossing/

I often fear this will happen to me.
Jimmi   22 Nov 2014, 9:55 pm
What's going on in Newton Aycliffe...

Pensioner stole neighbour's nickers
http://www.aycliffetoday.co.uk/pensioner...kers/16147

Police hunt Poundstretcher thief
http://www.aycliffetoday.co.uk/police-hu...ef-2/16139

Woman who faked pregnancy is jailed
http://www.aycliffetoday.co.uk/woman-who...iled/15981
Adrian   22 Nov 2014, 11:51 pm
Andreos1's suggestion in the Stagecoach thread reminded me of this video. It's hard to believe what you're watching...  Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   22 Nov 2014, 11:52 pm
(22 Nov 2014, 11:51 pm)aureolin wrote Andreos1's suggestion in the Stagecoach thread reminded me of this video. It's hard to believe what you're watching...  Big Grin

What the fuck have I just witnessed. Tongue
Malarkey   22 Nov 2014, 11:55 pm
(22 Nov 2014, 11:51 pm)aureolin wrote Andreos1's suggestion in the Stagecoach thread reminded me of this video. It's hard to believe what you're watching...  Big Grin

I seen him at the Bus Stop on Athenaeum St in Sunderland on Tuesday, he had me in kinks as I walked passed him to go into Ingeus.
Pages (146)    153 54 55146