You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(14 Nov 2014, 4:22 pm)Dan wrote 629 is the Solo which has gained a Christmassy sort of thing.

Did you get a photo Dan?
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(14 Nov 2014, 9:46 pm)Tom wrote Did you get a photo Dan?
Nope, followed it last night on Stockton Road when it was heading into Park Lane, which is how I could confirm it was Christmas-related. Didn't understand the purpose of the advertisement though as I couldn't identify whose products it was advertising; however, like aureolin, I'd assume it's been funded by one of the partners of the Sunderland Connect.

Will try and catch up with it today after York providing I'm not beaten to it.
Site Administrator
(14 Nov 2014, 10:20 am)Dan wrote 5322 is due to arrive at Saltmeadows this morning for repaint.
Arrived this morning - so that's 5320/21/22/24 now repainted, with 5323/25/26/27 still to be done.
In Park Lane on Thursday morning, I paid close attention to the 8.
I wanted to see where it passengers came from i.e punters specifically tossing up between the 2 or the 8 or indeed passengers crossing over the stands after initially waiting for a North Sunderland Estate bus, that heads into the business park.

I was getting a Chester Road bus and managed to hear a few people discussing on getting an 8 to the Galleries 'cos its quicker'.
It left quite full, whilst the 2 I got, emptied at the hospital and was carrying fresh air towards Shiney Row.

It made me wonder if the likes of the 29 and 8, should be allocated the same stand or of the 8, should be kept as it is, alongside the 78.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
I've not done the "new 8" route yet, but having it leaving the same stand as the 78 confuses passengers going to the hospital. Should've either relocated to a different stand or changed the number.
(15 Nov 2014, 4:57 pm)nk55 wrote I've not done the "new 8" route yet, but having it leaving the same stand as the 78 confuses passengers going to the hospital. Should've either relocated to a different stand or changed the number.

I've done the new 8 route from Sunderland to Washington twice now, and both times people have gotten off, as they think it still serves Chester Road. I firmly believe that route numbers shouldn't be reused so quickly, when a route completely changes.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(15 Nov 2014, 5:50 pm)Marcus wrote Jesus Christ! What possessed you to upload that, aureolin?! Tongue

Looks absolutely awful - that green roof stands out like a pig in a group of boars!

Had to be done, seeing as it took 3 attempts to get it. Tongue First shot came out crap, 'cause the driver decided to floor it as soon a I lifted my camera, and the second was ruined by a could of blerts walking infront of me. 
On another subject, saw two X25s today. The 14:25 departure from Newcastle only had one passenger, and came in with none, and the 14:55 came in with four, and left with three. Surely something needs to be done as they must be making a loss?
(15 Nov 2014, 5:59 pm)Tom wrote On another subject, saw two X25s today. The 14:25 departure from Newcastle only had one passenger, and came in with none, and the 14:55 came in with four, and left with three. Surely something needs to be done as they must be making a loss?

Seems to do alright on other parts of the route. Nothing spectacular, but in and out of Chester isn't too bad.
Go North East - Latest
(15 Nov 2014, 5:59 pm)Tom wrote On another subject, saw two X25s today. The 14:25 departure from Newcastle only had one passenger, and came in with none, and the 14:55 came in with four, and left with three. Surely something needs to be done as they must be making a loss?

It gets quite busy at peak times, from when I've seen it. Seems to go quite quiet in the middle of the day. On Saturdays, most of the Newcastle-bound ones from 09:00 until about 12:00 seem to be packed, albeit this is when a single decker is in operation. I don't think the route has ever been busy enough to justify a decker.
(15 Nov 2014, 6:01 pm)aureolin wrote Seems to do alright on other parts of the route. Nothing spectacular, but in and out of Chester isn't too bad.

Yeah - never normally busy on Saturdays or anything, but Chester to Langley Park seems to be a bit better. Was a Solar and a Lolyne. Possibly 4928 was the Solar but I can't remember.

I think that the punters mainly use the X1 in between Wrekenton and Newcastle due to its higher frequency and newer vehicles the majority of the time.
Go North East - Latest
(15 Nov 2014, 6:03 pm)Tom wrote Yeah - never normally busy on Saturdays or anything, but Chester to Langley Park seems to be a bit better. Was a Solar and a Lolyne. Possibly 4928 was the Solar but I can't remember.

I'd argue that Saturday mornings are when it's busiest. Peak times during the week are when it's busiest on those days, but after lunch on a Saturday it goes really quiet.

I also think that the passengers who board the X25 at Wrekenton and get off at Gateshead/Newcastle, do so because whenever I stand there, people just tend to get whichever one comes first.
(15 Nov 2014, 6:23 pm)Marcus wrote I'd argue that Saturday mornings are when it's busiest. Peak times during the week are when it's busiest on those days, but after lunch on a Saturday it goes really quiet.

I also think that the passengers who board the X25 at Wrekenton and get off at Gateshead/Newcastle, do so because whenever I stand there, people just tend to get whichever one comes first.

Yeah, I certainly get on whatever bus comes first.
Go North East - Latest
(15 Nov 2014, 6:26 pm)Tom wrote Yeah, I certainly get on whatever bus comes first.

When I do go to Wrekenton, I tend to wait for a 56 or an Orbit or something. X1s bore the hell out of me! However, if I need to make a connection, I get on an X25, simply because it's pretty much direct from there to Gateshead!

However, I don't tend to do Wrekenton so much these days - scared that Old Man Purvis will take a photo of me and expose me to the world! Wink
(15 Nov 2014, 6:28 pm)Marcus wrote When I do go to Wrekenton, I tend to wait for a 56 or an Orbit or something. X1s bore the hell out of me! However, if I need to make a connection, I get on an X25, simply because it's pretty much direct from there to Gateshead!

However, I don't tend to do Wrekenton so much these days - scared that Old Man Purvis will take a photo of me and expose me to the world! Wink

56's bore me! They stop at every single stop!
I normally get either the X1, X25 or 28. 
(14 Nov 2014, 1:30 pm)Dan wrote Ian Bradley currently towing 4942 back to Deptford - broke down on Ryhope Road in Sunderland whilst on 60s.

Is it Worlds Strongest Man time already?!
Didn't realise GNE were doing free rides on the 2C this morning, Driver gave me and 3 other Passenger our Money Back and told us to just get on.

#FaultyTicketMachineOn5321
#HashtagsOnNEB
Site Administrator
(17 Nov 2014, 8:07 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Didn't realise GNE were doing free rides on the 2C this morning, Driver gave me and 3 other Passenger our Money Back and told us to just get on.

#FaultyTicketMachineOn5321
#HashtagsOnNEB
That'll be the driver getting a telling off if it's reported!

Emergency tickets should have been issued, and if the driver didn't have any, he should have been asking for some at the start of his shift...
(17 Nov 2014, 8:18 am)Dan wrote That'll be the driver getting a telling off if it's reported!

Emergency tickets should have been issued, and if the driver didn't have any, he should have been asking for some at the start of his shift...
The Machine is just spitting out loads of Tickets everytime he issues one, should be in PL now but im only at Pennywell as a Result of this issue.