You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(19 Nov 2014, 9:43 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Off subject of solos but are gne doing metro replacement sunday

Yes. 
(19 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote If so what depot

Various depots operate it normally. Probably the majority from Deptford. 
(19 Nov 2014, 9:53 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote If its riverside and deptford what be allocated

Whatever deckers they have spare - B7TL Presidents and the spare B9's often make an appearance. 
Site Administrator
Following accident repairs and subsequent repaint, "Nexus" branded Optare Solo SR M890/Optare 634 (NK61 FJO) has returned to Riverside.
(19 Nov 2014, 7:41 pm)Michael wrote It was on their own post about the one at Park Lane

I replied again - 

When's that?, I would rather know your proposed changes so i can put my opinion on them than wait until changes have being decided.. any how are you planning on changing the 2A/2C as i use these regularly?

No answer... that was at 2 hours ago... 

Edit: Just spotted this on the post by someone else.... 

Can't make it - why can't u be there for a couple of days instead of only one day giving people a chance to see the proposed changes or post them online for comments - would make more sense or do u not want many people's opinions n have already made the decision on the changes already
Update on the Sunderland Consultation

GNE have replied to someone else about the service 9  

Go North East Hi ****, as I understand it, there are no proposed changes to service 9 at the moment.

Anyone wanna bet the 9 is part of the Consultation even though they're saying there's no plans 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Nov 2014, 10:02 am)Michael wrote Update on the Sunderland Consultation

GNE have replied to someone else about the service 9  

Go North East Hi ****, as I understand it, there are no proposed changes to service 9 at the moment.

Anyone wanna bet the 9 is part of the Consultation even though they're saying there's no plans 

You're getting too cynical Michael  Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(20 Nov 2014, 10:20 am)Andreos1 wrote You're getting too cynical Michael  Wink

Tongue, well ya knar i want to know the changes, its a bit unfair that they're only putting the results online and not the proposed changes, even if they're just to look at! 

I'd rather look at the proposed changes and email them my concerns etc 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Nov 2014, 10:23 am)Michael wrote Tongue, well ya knar i want to know the changes, its a bit unfair that they only putting the results online and not the proposed changes, even if they're just to look at! 

I'd rather look at the proposed changes and email them my concerns etc 

If they're wanting to make changes, based on the opinions of a small minority - let them get on with it.

Sunderland isn't a market that is dominated by GNE and I am sure someone else will quite happily snaffle up those passengers who end up loosing out.
Either way, there will be changes in Sunderland in 6 months time (there never is a settled set of routes). You might be able to get to that session!

I do agree with you though.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(20 Nov 2014, 10:29 am)Andreos1 wrote If they're wanting to make changes, based on the opinions of a small minority - let them get on with it.

Sunderland isn't a market that is dominated by GNE and I am sure someone else will quite happily snaffle up those passengers who end up loosing out.
Either way, there will be changes in Sunderland in 6 months time (there never is a settled set of routes). You might be able to get to that session!

I do agree with you though.

The 29 has survived for a while! =P
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Nov 2014, 10:33 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Well ok then could 5337/8 transfer to deptford for work on 35 releasing 4945/6 away

The Laser scania's just being repainted. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Nov 2014, 10:44 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Whats going on 128 as 4847 is past out

Not sure... as its finished for the year, it might not even return
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Nov 2014, 10:42 am)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote How long till 51 reg bendys go on x40 and be replaced by 57 reg artics with something new on x66

If the X66 gets new buses, the bendies on there will be withdrawn, they cost to much to run, maintain etc 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.