You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2014

Arriva North East - Latest
(24 Nov 2014, 5:11 pm)Jimmi wrote Whilst waiting for service 5 to Darlington today, I overheard someone say that the 5/5A may be going down to operate only once an hour. Can anyone shed some light on this as I use this service and so does other members of my family and carries many elderly passengers and would leave many places with only one bus an hour. I imagine this will turn out to not be true as it is usually quite busy when I've used it but if this did happen I would probably send an email off to Durham County Council to see if they could reroute The Eden's Town Service 17 to miss out Alston Crescent and run Straight along Greenfield Way then via Meadowfield Way then rejoin the route at Burnhill Way.

Can't see that happening, it's too popular. Unless they cancel the 5 and just have 5A's, but I still think it would be half hourly.
RE: Arriva North East - Latest
Quick update, Solo's 2852 and 2853 are being used at Jesmond for the 115 Shuttle, in plain white

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Can't see that happening, it's too popular. Unless they cancel the 5 and just have 5A's, but I still think it would be half hourly.
I can't either, I'd leave them as they are and both are incredibly popular routes so I doubt much will happen to them anytime soon, also if one was removed it would mess up the frequency between Darlington and Newton Aycliffe. Probably just fear as parts of Newton Aycliffe have lost their bus services or had them cut in the last few years.

The timetable could maybe do with being looked at as it often does run late, the one I got into Darlington arrived over 10 minutes late today Dodgy
(24 Nov 2014, 7:39 pm)MrPottski wrote 4649 and 4655 are the Scanias in Faverdale, and it looks like the MAX services will be go from next week.

Can't wait for these to appear on the X66 and get the allocations back to normal, 1308 was on the 1/5 today - ugh!
(24 Nov 2014, 7:39 pm)MrPottski wrote 4649 and 4655 are the Scanias in Faverdale, and it looks like the MAX services will be go from next week.

I understand the launch events are planned for weekend after next, X14/X15/X18 this weekend and then X26/X66 next weekend. But wait for Arriva to officially announce it before you go booking anything! lol

(24 Nov 2014, 8:19 pm)tyresmoke wrote I understand the launch events are planned for weekend after next, X14/X15/X18 this weekend and then X26/X66 next weekend. But wait for Arriva to officially announce it before you go booking anything! lol

Have they all even been refurbished yet?
(24 Nov 2014, 8:28 pm)Jimmi wrote Have they all even been refurbished yet?

4649 & 4655 are back at Darlington, and I would expect the rest to be back this week. Except 4643, 4646 and 4656 probably as 4656 didn't go to Blackburn until last week, and I think 4643/4646 are still in service at Durham?? Anyone seen them recently?

(24 Nov 2014, 9:01 pm)tyresmoke wrote 4649 & 4655 are back at Darlington, and I would expect the rest to be back this week. Except 4643, 4646 and 4656 probably as 4656 didn't go to Blackburn until last week, and I think 4643/4646 are still in service at Durham?? Anyone seen them recently?

How much you betting with darlo depot 4649 and 4655 will be in front line service tomorrow? 
(24 Nov 2014, 10:19 pm)Stuart Phin wrote How much you betting with darlo depot 4649 and 4655 will be in front line service tomorrow? 

I wouldn't be surprised... They might as well start withdrawing the Darts

(24 Nov 2014, 10:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote I wouldn't be surprised... They might as well start withdrawing the Darts

Wasn't thinking darts more like 4001/7 then the darts 
(24 Nov 2014, 10:31 pm)Stuart Phin wrote Wasn't thinking darts more like 4001/7 then the darts 

That's true I forgot about those two heaps being over there covering the Scanias...

(24 Nov 2014, 10:35 pm)tyresmoke wrote That's true I forgot about those two heaps being over there covering the Scanias...

Haha only time will tell they'll probably end up withdrawing 4 darts, and keeping those 2 heaps of s**t
(24 Nov 2014, 1:54 pm)tyresmoke wrote Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is Jesmond are running a shuttle service 115 between Morpeth and Alnwick, via Felton which has been cut off from the A1 due to a contraflow so the X15 is unable to serve. 2 of the (former) Park & Ride Solo's will be operating this for the next 4 weeks, but I'm unsure which 2 have been chosen.
2852 & 2853
Arriva North East - Latest
(24 Nov 2014, 10:19 pm)Stuart Phin wrote How much you betting with darlo depot 4649 and 4655 will be in front line service tomorrow? 

Well I was surprised they weren't, but 3 Pulsars and 2 Solos formed today's PVR. I think they must want them with full graphics first before they go into service
This is disgusting quite frankly Arriva.

Id like to request a copy of cctv from the 64 in durham. My wife got on at Newton Hall and got off next to the Salutation pub in Frsmwellgate Moor. My wife is pregnant and due to a over crowded bus of school kids and all the pushing to get off the bus has now caused the misses to go to hospital!! With stomach pains caused by the idiots on the bus

This is becoming an utter joke! This service has major problems with overcrowding especially on a afternoon around 1520 when all the Fram school kids get out and all pile onto the 64 into Durham with a seating capacity of 38 or 40 seats and about 18 standees and with the people who are already on the service can fill the bus and this means the New College students stood waiting at the Framwellgate Moor, Salutation Inn stop get to see the 64 come round the corner and then drive straight past them because the bus is full which means if they are lucky the X2 will stop at this stop (even though it is not supposed to) and if doesn't they end up having to get on the next one and this results in about 60 New College students trying to get on that bus and then it is another 64 which drives past anyone waiting at the stops between the University Hospital and Durham City Centre so this means anyone wanting to get the 64 beyond Durham City Centre will have to wait around 30 minutes to get on a service which runs every 10 minutes is pathetic really.

Something really needs to be done about this as this is a massive pain in the neck trying to get into Durham on this service at this time and other times of the day such as lunchtime for New College students who have shorter days, seriously when I used this service it sometimes took me over 30 minutes from leaving college and getting into Durham Bus Station to catch my connecting bus when on the frequency this service runs it should take about 15 minutes most days.

I think there should be a 64 dupe starting at Framwellgate Moor that starts at Fram school at around 1529 and should be operated by a double decker and should run at least as far as Durham North Road.

Alternatively I would like to see another frequent service extended to Framwellgate Moor, Holmlands Crescent to reduce the strain on service 64, I think extending the 6 would be a good idea as it has a 12 minute frequency and also it could potentially swoop several passengers off the X21 which is incredibly busy and has a extra journey on school days as far as Framwellgate Moor and follows a Newcastle bound X21. 
(25 Nov 2014, 5:42 pm)Jimmi wrote This is disgusting quite frankly Arriva.

This is becoming an utter joke! This service has major problems with overcrowding especially on a afternoon around 1520 when all the Fram school kids get out and all pile onto the 64 into Durham with a seating capacity of 38 or 40 seats and about 18 standees and with the people who are already on the service can fill the bus and this means the New College students stood waiting at the Framwellgate Moor, Salutation Inn stop get to see the 64 come round the corner and then drive straight past them because the bus is full which means if they are lucky the X2 will stop at this stop (even though it is not supposed to) and if doesn't they end up having to get on the next one and this results in about 60 New College students trying to get on that bus and then it is another 64 which drives past anyone waiting at the stops between the University Hospital and Durham City Centre so this means anyone wanting to get the 64 beyond Durham City Centre will have to wait around 30 minutes to get on a service which runs every 10 minutes is pathetic really.

Something really needs to be done about this as this is a massive pain in the neck trying to get into Durham on this service at this time and other times of the day such as lunchtime for New College students who have shorter days, seriously when I used this service it sometimes took me over 30 minutes from leaving college and getting into Durham Bus Station to catch my connecting bus when on the frequency this service runs it should take about 15 minutes most days.

I think there should be a 64 dupe starting at Framwellgate Moor that starts at Fram school at around 1529 and should be operated by a double decker and should run at least as far as Durham North Road.

Alternatively I would like to see another frequent service extended to Framwellgate Moor, Holmlands Crescent to reduce the strain on service 64, I think extending the 6 would be a good idea as it has a 12 minute frequency and also it could potentially swoop several passengers off the X21 which is incredibly busy and has a extra journey on school days as far as Framwellgate Moor and follows a Newcastle bound X21. 
Jmoss
Sorry to hear about your lose lad and 64 is bad me and my wife couldn't even get off the bus we had 6 people sitting on us why can't they take 3 deckers off 64
Jmoss
(25 Nov 2014, 10:02 pm)jaimz13 wrote Sorry to hear about your lose lad and 64 is bad me and my wife couldn't even get off the bus we had 6 people sitting on us why can't they take 3 deckers off 64

The part about the pregnant woman was what someone else posted on their Facebook page earlier, I was just using this as an example about how bad the overcrowding on this this service can be.

I haven't got anyone pregnant... I hope!
(25 Nov 2014, 10:13 pm)Jimmi wrote The part about the pregnant woman was what someone else posted on their Facebook page earlier, I was just using this as an example about how bad the overcrowding on this this service can be.

I haven't got anyone pregnant... I hope!

Happens on most services at school time though! We have this problem with the 5, 7, 9, 17, 27/27a, 28 at Stockton...

(25 Nov 2014, 5:42 pm)Jimmi wrote This is disgusting quite frankly Arriva.

Never mind, you'll soon have your Env200 minibuses!
Also one of the 09 reg E400's is branded for the X14 on the side, but for all three on the rear. On the side are three red circles with the words (I think) work shop play inside
Edit: Just seen a 57 reg one as well, X15 on the side, all three on the rear 
Fun and games on the X66 again this afternoon as 2850 ended up running around 20 minutes late so ended up carrying two loads which resulted it leaving Stockton with full capacity with me just managing to squeeze on and left some passengers behind although a Pulsar was just a few minutes behind. It is so annoying that there is suitable buses sat doing nothing in the depot and we all have to attempt to squeeze onto a crappy Solo with not enough power to blast down the A66.

I am also starting to question the suitability of the EcoCity's on service 21/X21 as 4814 broke down just outside Darlington Town Centre this afternoon and I've seen EcoCitys being swapped around over the course of the day, also they are pretty slow at getting up to speed from pulling away from a standstill.
Only 4813 was on the X21/21 yesterday so that can only mean the other two have problems, 4812 spent the days on 11/2 yesterday didn't see where 4814 was yesterday, I said all along that 4 scanias should have done the 21/X21 and send the gas buses on X66 they seem alright on that
(26 Nov 2014, 5:13 pm)Stuart Phin wrote Only 4813 was on the X21/21 yesterday so that can only mean the other two have problems, 4812 spent the days on 11/2 yesterday didn't see where 4814 was yesterday, I said all along that 4 scanias should have done the 21/X21 and send the gas buses on X66 they seem alright on that

4812/4813 were on the 2/11 on Monday too.

Pulsars would probably be good on the 21/X21, especially down the A19.

I think some of the EcoCity's would struggle to keep to time on the daytime X66 also putting them on the X66 would mean even less EcoCity's for the 2/11.
4653 has got X15 MAX branding  applied outside and in and free wifi is working (just about). Edit: The back has branding advertising the combined 15 minute frequency of the X14/X15/X18 service between Morpeth and Newcastle.

Also I wonder if the board that includes the 17:17 from Berwick has been permanently allocated as Omnicity because I've got that service a couple of times each week recently and for the last few weeks its always been an Omnicity.

The X18 I caught this morning didn't have MAX branding, but that was mainly because it was 7521 not one of the new E400s...
(26 Nov 2014, 5:28 pm)Jimmi wrote 4812/4813 were on the 2/11 on Monday too.

Pulsars would probably be good on the 21/X21, especially down the A19.

I think some of the EcoCity's would struggle to keep to time on the daytime X66 also putting them on the X66 would mean even less EcoCity's for the 2/11.

Ecocitys should be on town routes anyway there too big for the town they should be used mainly out of town, the batch of solos that were due should be used on all town routes with the bigger buses on the out of town routes