Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

RE: Go North East
It’s almost like they’re trying to make a mockery of route branding. Today saw the now usual Drifters on the 36 & Simplicity’s on the 61, but also Simplicity on the 700, Fast Cats on the 39, East Durham on the X35, Silver Arrows on the 35...and that was just from an hour or so in Sunderland this afternoon.
With the move to the all red livery, GO NE could really develop what is a fairly basic livery and incorporate some really good standard branding at the front! I wasn't a great fan of the branding when it came out but it has grown on me. I travel on the M1 and and 2A/2C but I have never called it a metro link or a silver arrow yet for some reason I do use a red arrow. Maybes there are just too many meaningless names to of value? I do like the new timetable leaflets, they look much more professional, so maybes its time to get rid of some the poor branding, just a thought.
Go North East - Part 11
VOSA changes for July... All Just to amend timetable but sees the withdrawal of the N58.

PB0003954/31 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle Eldon Sq and Middlesborough BS given service number X10/X9 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/55 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Gateshead and Metrocentre given service number X66 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/86 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Gateshead Metro and Gateshead Metro given service number 93/94 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.
PB0003954/221 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle and Metrocentre given service number 95/95A/96/96A effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/222 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle and Blackhall Mill given service number 47 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/285 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle Market Stree and Newcastle Market Street given service number 53,54 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/296 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Winlation Bus Station and Gateshead Interchange given service number 49/49A/49B/49C effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/297 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle Pilgrim Street given service number 51,52 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/307 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle, Market Street and Newcastle, Market Street given service number 97/98/N97/X98 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/351 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between South Shields, Market and Newcastle, Market Street given service number 27/27A effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/352 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Heworth, Metro and Hadrian Park, Addington Drive given service number 58 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/407 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Heworth Metro and Whitley Bay Town Centre given service number N58 effective from 28-Jul-2013.

PB0003954/410 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle, New Bridge Street and Wardley, Bus Terminus given service number 57 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/464 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between South Shields and Team Valley given service number 92 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.
PB0003954/506 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between South Shields Market and Jarrow Bus Station given service number 5 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/553 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between NEWCASTLE PILGRIM STREET,GATESHEAD INTERCHANGE and WREKENTON HIGH STREET, OR KIBBLESWORTH SQUARE given service number 24/24A effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/557 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Crawcrook, Main Street/Winlaton Bus Station and Wardley, Terminus given service number 69/69B effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/558 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Metrocentre Interchange and Wardley Terminus given service number 67 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/560 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Blackhall Mill, River View and Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 11 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Jun 2013, 1:35 pm)Liam wrote South Tyne on 58 to Newcastle, just left Gateshead.

There's also two Vykings on the 58. Seen both at Gateshead around 2pm. Two Citylink bendies on the X66 at the same time.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(08 Jun 2013, 3:17 pm)Liam wrote 606 is the latest MPD being prepped for repaint at Saltmeadows.

Is that the last Doxford Clipper MPD to be done?

I wonder if we could see the Simplicity on the39 once the streetlites arrive.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Jun 2013, 3:31 pm)Liam wrote 605 is still to be done, which should be complete within the next week.

Cheers, Wonder if all the other Non-branded MPD's will go Northen red to, which by fleet allocation look like.. 564,506,542,544,512,565.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
http://www.simplygo.com/news/routemaster...east-rally

Some of the text on link:

Two buses that first hit the road almost 50 years ago were among the star attractions at this year’s historic Tyne Tees Run.

And both won prestigious prizes in the competition, organised by the Historic Commercial vehicle Society north east area.

This year’s rally was sponsored by Go North East, the region’s largest bus company, currently celebrating the centenary of the first bus service.

The two Routemasters have been lovingly restored by Ken Rodham, on behalf of the North East Bus Preservation Trust, and David Slater.

Ken, who lives in Washington, has spent a lifetime in the bus industry and works at Go North East’s Deptford depot. David, of Newcastle, has 40 years service with the company and works in the engineering department at Chester-Le-Street.

Went to Park lane Travelshop today to pick new timetables up and found the W5/W6 along them... something which i didn't think i would see.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Went to Park lane Travelshop today to pick new timetables up and found the W5/W6 along them... something which i didn't think i would see.
[/quote]

Been like that for years, All the Travel Shops have pretty much every GNE Timetable there is.
Been like that for years, All the Travel Shops have pretty much every GNE Timetable there is.
[/quote]

What nonsense - the vast majority have only their local timetables on display - Park Lane certainly don't usually have Washington local routes out. The only place I've seen a wide range is Chester-le-Street, where they do put ones out that aren't local to CLS.
(08 Jun 2013, 7:18 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Been like that for years, All the Travel Shops have pretty much every GNE Timetable there is.

What nonsense - the vast majority have only their local timetables on display - Park Lane certainly don't usually have Washington local routes out. The only place I've seen a wide range is Chester-le-Street, where they do put ones out that aren't local to CLS.
[/quote]

Obviously varies on what Travelshop you go to, But I tend to see a Mixture at Washington including TTX/WTX/Prince Bishops/Laser/OK Way/Expressway and obviously the ones for the local area including MetroLink/WSS and Red Arrows.

But TBH if it's a GNE Travelshop then it should have all the GNE Timetables. Plus Park Lane is NEXUS Travel Shop hence why there won't loads of GNE Timetables, it'll just be the local ones for that area.
(08 Jun 2013, 8:10 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote
(08 Jun 2013, 7:18 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Been like that for years, All the Travel Shops have pretty much every GNE Timetable there is.

Obviously varies on what Travelshop you go to, But I tend to see a Mixture at Washington including TTX/WTX/Prince Bishops/Laser/OK Way/Expressway and obviously the ones for the local area including MetroLink/WSS and Red Arrows.

But TBH if it's a GNE Travelshop then it should have all the GNE Timetables. Plus Park Lane is NEXUS Travel Shop hence why there won't loads of GNE Timetables, it'll just be the local ones for that area.
[/quote]

Well the original post that you commented on normally having all of the timetables was about Park Lane. Anyway, Washington usually has very few - I've never seen the ones you mentioned in there, but even if they are, that's hardly 'pretty much every GNE Timetable there is'. Regardless, the W's in Park Lane is unusual.
I have no idea, haven't being to Gateshead in a long time.

Yeh didn't expect to see it unless GNE is using it to advertise the service around Washington?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I heard a couple of drivers talking today on the 56, they said the Streetlites are due in around 2=3 weeks time and they don't want them haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Jun 2013, 2:17 pm)citaro5284 wrote
(09 Jun 2013, 2:09 pm)Michael wrote I heard a couple of drivers talking today on the 56, they said the Streetlites are due in around 2=3 weeks time and they don't want them haha

56?, think you mean 58 and cannot be due in a couple of weeks, the order has not been placed yet Big Grin

No i was on the 56 and the drivers was talking about the order for the Drifter (60)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm)Michael wrote
(09 Jun 2013, 2:09 pm)Michael wrote I heard a couple of drivers talking today on the 56, they said the Streetlites are due in around 2=3 weeks time and they don't want them haha

56?, think you mean 58 and cannot be due in a couple of weeks, the order has not been placed yet Big Grin

No i was on the 56 and the drivers was talking about the order for the Drifter (60)

The order was placed months ago citaro5284, Think was in February or maybe before that
(09 Jun 2013, 4:03 pm)citaro5284 wrote
(09 Jun 2013, 3:55 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote
(09 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm)Michael wrote

The order was placed months ago citaro5284, Think was in February or maybe before that

I thought he was talking about the Streetlites for the 58, as the order for those has definately not been placed.
ohh right apologies, god knows whats going to happen with the 58, it'll next year before anything new comes in for the service, I would suspect an order to be made by the end of the year though, As I think they'll test out a few other buses before any decisions are made,
CatsFast101
Unregistered
So Streetlites for the 58 could be a possibility? Maybe checking how they go on the 53/54/60 and if all is okay they could be ordered for the 58.
I hope they don't order them for the 58. It'll be a mistake in my opinion. I don't think they're big enough to handle the loads on there for a start.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(09 Jun 2013, 5:47 pm)aureolin wrote I hope they don't order them for the 58. It'll be a mistake in my opinion. I don't think they're big enough to handle the loads on there for a start.

Same here, I didn't enjoy my ride on the streetlite on the 58 a few weeks back. I would personally like to see either Volvo 7900H or a Wright Pulsar 2 tested on the 58. But I think a Wright Gemini 2 maybe the best option capacity wise, unless GNE do buy say the Streetlite and then up the frequency to every 6/7 minutes.
(09 Jun 2013, 5:56 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote
(09 Jun 2013, 5:47 pm)aureolin wrote I hope they don't order them for the 58. It'll be a mistake in my opinion. I don't think they're big enough to handle the loads on there for a start.

Same here, I didn't enjoy my ride on the streetlite on the 58 a few weeks back. I would personally like to see either Volvo 7900H or a Wright Pulsar 2 tested on the 58. But I think a Wright Gemini 2 maybe the best option capacity wise, unless GNE do buy say the Streetlite and then up the frequency to every 6/7 minutes.

Only problem with increasing the frequency is your operating costs then go through the roof. Loading it with new investment puts enough pressure on the route already with depreciation costs of the new vehicles, never mind putting extra vehicles into the cycle.
To go from the vehicles they had on it over the years ranging from deckers to Solars, to increasing the frequency, to then sticking artics on them, which see high passenger numbers South of the river in particular, it doesnt make sense to then replace these bigger vehicles with smaller ones.

When I have seen the 58, loadings don't seem high around Leam Lane Estate, but pick up as it heads towards Newcastle and vice versa from Newcastle towards Leam Lane. It might be different at certain times of the day though.
With some of the tight turns in the estate, Im very surprised there haven't been any accidents or cars being clipped (or many reported publically anyway)

If the Streelites are being bought for the 58, then maybe there is going to be some sort of re-jig of the service.

With the state of the roads across Gateshead, they aint going to do these lightweight vehicles any favours.
(09 Jun 2013, 6:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote To go from the vehicles they had on it over the years ranging from deckers to Solars, to increasing the frequency, to then sticking artics on them, which see high passenger numbers South of the river in particular, it doesnt make sense to then replace these bigger vehicles with smaller ones.

When I have seen the 58, loadings don't seem high around Leam Lane Estate, but pick up as it heads towards Newcastle and vice versa from Newcastle towards Leam Lane. It might be different at certain times of the day though.
With some of the tight turns in the estate, Im very surprised there haven't been any accidents or cars being clipped (or many reported publically anyway)

If the Streelites are being bought for the 58, then maybe there is going to be some sort of re-jig of the service.

With the state of the roads across Gateshead, they aint going to do these lightweight vehicles any favours.
Totally agree with hoping the Streetltes dont gonon the 58. Had the misfortune of having it going home several times and it seems cheap, hardly gold standard like the Citaros were. On a plus point the demo Versa id great.
I have rode the versa a few times and it is a very nice bus, but capacity wise it may struggle, but i would like to see versas on the route though!! Do optare still make tempos??
(09 Jun 2013, 9:18 pm)Wellsey18 wrote I have rode the versa a few times and it is a very nice bus, but capacity wise it may struggle, but i would like to see versas on the route though!! Do optare still make tempos??

Yes the Tempo SR

Bit of Info on it.

There's far more to this innovative low-floor single deck CityBus than immediately meets the eye. It features Optare's trademark fully integral frame construction in durable stainless steel. A heavy-duty structure which is not only very strong but also delivers an exceptionally low unladen weight - ultimately reducing fuel consumption and operational costs.

Low floor heavy duty construction, available in three lengths, 10.7, 11.5 and 12.2 metres.

Up to 43 seats plus 24 standing passenger capacity.

Heavy duty proven mechanical components for long life and durability.
Centralised Multiplexed electrical system for rapid fault diagnosis.

A combination of GFRP and Aluminium modular panels for rapid replacement or repair.

Competitive price and low operating costs.

Class leading fuel efficiency
Site Administrator
Venture MPD 544 on the 39 to Pennywell. At Park Lane now.

SPD 8227 on the 700s today. Also at Park Lane now - bound for Royal Hospital. Nice Euro 5 vehicle there. ;-)
Seems very strange having a venture bus on the 39 when it's based consett way. Having said that if my memory is right 544 used to be a Doxford clipper a few years back when it ran run to north Sunderland
Is it still yellow? Wonder if that will go to the paintshop? Only time will tell!! Never seen it on any route since the transfer.