Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3529

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

RE: Go North East
There is no need to wonder... it's no secret that the M1's Scanias will be replacing the Waggonway DAFs when the new Citaros arrive; and the new Citaros will be 'full-size' buses, not the Ks...
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Plum/maroon red suggests either Wear Tees Xpress or Waggonway, having not seen the bus in question.
@Michael Sunderland is at a standstill apparently.

@gtomlinson They're a nice enough ride, but the engines are sounding rough these days

@mattdw2 That looks quite smart!
52 plates have to be better than legroom lacking water dripping jet engine sounding window rattling fume filled unreliable 97 plate DAFs....I hope
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Difficult lighting on that photo so still not convinced which service...possibly looks more Waggonway to me could be WTX. Would of liked to see new buses for the X7, those Renowns aren't sounding healthy at all, passengers are up though on the X7 never been past Wingate on it but the Sunderland-Peterlee section looks busy on most daytime trips and there seems to be a steady passenger going towards Middlesbrough. So I'm hoping it'll turn enough profit to get some new buses.

Edit: what's happened at Sunderland, bus crash so it's at a standstill. Which bus? Any injuries?
Crash between car and bus all i know

Most buses running Not In Service.. Some stagecoach ones are anyway.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
How many buses are allocated on the M1 and also how many buses are allocated to Waggonway and Wear tees express?

Does the waggonway get funding from Beamish for the waggonway branding. If GNE are cutting back on bus branding then I would of thought the waggonway branding would go.

Site Administrator
(26 Jun 2013, 3:48 pm)cbma06 wrote How many buses are allocated on the M1 and also how many buses are allocated to Waggonway and Wear tees express?

In total, 11 vehicles are branded for the "MetroLINK" M1 service (including the one that has recently been repainted).

4 vehicles are branded for "Wear Tees Xpress" service X7, and 5 vehicles are branded for "The Waggonway" service 28/28A - giving a total of 9.
@gtomlinson Hmmm, could be a close call Wink. Seriously though, this will be a massive step up for you if these Scanias end up on the Waggonway.

How they will cope, is another matter. The engines are getting rough and the ride can be iffy. A definate improvement though
(26 Jun 2013, 3:52 pm)Daniel wrote
(26 Jun 2013, 3:48 pm)cbma06 wrote How many buses are allocated on the M1 and also how many buses are allocated to Waggonway and Wear tees express?

In total, 11 vehicles are branded for the "MetroLINK" M1 service (including the one that has recently been repainted).

4 vehicles are branded for "Wear Tees Xpress" service X7, and 5 vehicles are branded for "The Waggonway" service 28/28A - giving a total of 9.

Cheers for the info Daniel

Really hope they are gonna have a new decent Waggonway Brand idea... also think it will look smart on the Scania's.

Least the numbers are up on the X7, maybe GNE is thinking upgrading the buses on their but they have just branded B10's for it but u never know!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Scanias 5229-5233 will be spare when the ok1 comes off in 7 weeks, maybe they might go onto the X7 or into lime green for the 8/78.
Forgot about Scanias 5229-5233

14 Scania's will be free (including the 5229-5233)... hopefully the Ciatros for the M1 will be here soon but this is what i would do with them...

5 Waggonway
4 for Wear Tee's XPRESS
2 OK scania's for the 18 - not sure on thier numbers/route - ive never traveled on it before. anyone have that info, seems a good idea.
3 with the current spare 4944 - Northen

Then end of the year we have the decker's for the 20/20A/56 (no comfirmation from GNE as of yet) but does seem confirmed on here in the earlier posts.... =)

28 Spare Scania's from 20/20A/56 only -

13 for Lime
4 for The pulse
5 for the FAB 57
4+ (8) - the spare from Metrolink - all spare (cant think of a new route tbh)

What does everyone think?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(26 Jun 2013, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote Forgot about Scanias 5229-5233

14 Scania's will be free (including the 5229-5233)... hopefully the Ciatros for the M1 will be here soon but this is what i would do with them...

5 Waggonway
4 for Wear Tee's XPRESS
2 OK scania's for the 18 - not sure on thier numbers/route - ive never traveled on it before. anyone have that info, seems a good idea.

Wasn't 5229-5233 used to be Prince Bishop Swift livery for the X20 Sunderland to Durham then went into just Prince Bishop livery when the X20 got withdrawn and then into the OK Expressway when OK1 started up?.

(26 Jun 2013, 5:42 pm)cbma06 wrote
(26 Jun 2013, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote Forgot about Scanias 5229-5233

5 Waggonway
4 for Wear Tee's XPRESS

Wasn't 5229-5233 used to be Prince Bishop Swift livery for the X20 Sunderland to Durham then went into just Prince Bishop livery when the X20 got withdrawn and then into the OK Expressway when OK1 started up?.

Yeh, mind i think they look great in Cream and Red.. would love a branded bus like that in Sunderland... Maybe Wear Tee's XPRESS like nk55 said.

Also...

http://www.simplygo.com/news/additional-...-newcastle

Works will commence on the A1 Allerdene Bridge northbound refurbishment scheme on 19th July, which is expected to last until 16th August 2013.

Take the strain away from driving by hopping on a bus!
As well as running extra X21 buses, we also run very frequent buses from Chester-le-Street to Newcastle City Centre, including Angel buses which have free wi-fi!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Current Solars:
11x MetroLINK (4956-66)
1x Northern (4944)
5x OK Expressway (5229-33)
= 17 Solars, rather than 14.

My spin on upcoming repaints is:
5x Waggonway
4x Wear Tees Xpress
4x Lambton Worm
4x Pulse
= 17 Solars.

All DAFs could subsequently be scrapped, with the dual door Renowns from Pulse taking a "back role" seat that some of the SPDs currently have, with the single door Renowns from WTX again replacing SPDs but to be used on unbranded services rather than taking a back role.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
I'm not so sure Lambton Worm will get Solars. Are the loadings that good? Profit margins etc.? I agree they need something newer but is Solars the answer? I don't know..
(26 Jun 2013, 5:46 pm)Michael wrote Also...

http://www.simplygo.com/news/additional-...-newcastle

Works will commence on the A1 Allerdene Bridge northbound refurbishment scheme on 19th July, which is expected to last until 16th August 2013.

Take the strain away from driving by hopping on a bus!
As well as running extra X21 buses, we also run very frequent buses from Chester-le-Street to Newcastle City Centre, including Angel buses which have free wi-fi!

I mentioned this a while back, what a load of nonsense from GNE. Remember the A1 route?

Exactly where will all this extra traffic end up from the A1? Birtley and Low Fell of course. The bus is going to be just as bad as using your car. Though hopefully the fact its the school holidays might help things but I think GNE are talking marketing nonsense on this one

Note GNE also fail to mention that Eighton Lodge entry and exit will be closed at points during the works meaning if the X21 stays on the bypass its going to be very very stuck
OK18 wont get scanias, too big around woodhouse estate & they ground out leaving tottenham estate coundon.

I suggest the citaros are being "sourced" from either Oxford city bus or Southern Vectis, I dont think enough time has passed for them to be new build.

Ex metrolink scanias I think will be joined by the ok scanias on the lime 8/78 split between chester & stanley with the B10s seeing off the spds.

The X21 has 7 registered routes from chester le street to gateshead, so yoy may see one passing wrekenton or heworth depending which routes are handling the traffic better.
With the OK Scanias having the 'luxurious' seating, I wouldn't be surprised to see them appear on some sort of express route, like when they were originally bought for the X20/X50.

Even though Im not a fan of branding, it would be nice to see it stay in some capacity.
(26 Jun 2013, 7:08 pm)nk55 wrote OK18 wont get scanias, too big around woodhouse estate & they ground out leaving tottenham estate coundon.

I suggest the citaros are being "sourced" from either Oxford city bus or Southern Vectis, I dont think enough time has passed for them to be new build.

Ex metrolink scanias I think will be joined by the ok scanias on the lime 8/78 split between chester & stanley with the B10s seeing off the spds.

The X21 has 7 registered routes from chester le street to gateshead, so yoy may see one passing wrekenton or heworth depending which routes are handling the traffic better.

Thanks the OK18 info, wasn't sure as ive never done the route, is passengers numbers good?

That's a good point, the B10's are good runner's still but i think its time to upgrade the service, the Lime do well on passenger numbers.

What ever happens will be decent just hope the scania's don't go Lime.. the highwayman ones look terrible
-----------------
With the OK Scanias having the 'luxurious' seating, I wouldn't be surprised to see them appear on some sort of express route, like when they were originally bought for the X20/X50.

I forgot about them having that seating... upgrade for the Wear Tee's XPRESS.. im hoping

---------

When are these Citaro's due?

And where are these Streetlites!!!!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Apparently the Metrolink Solars are going on the Waggonway in September, so there is still another 2 months, so plenty of time for new build citaros to come in.

It was February I believe when the news broke out about the new buses. So between then and September is 6 Months and were probs ordered a few weeks before that so make that 7 months, 8 months at the most. Rough guessing from memory there. I'd say 7 months is plently of time.

If you think about it the Streetlites were announced at the same time and they are due sortly also, so i'd say the Citaros might be New Builds
Passenger numbers are good on OK18 although not good enough to warrent a scania, probably a versa or a cadet will cope well.

If numbers are increasing on the X7 it would make sense to put 29-33 on there with their seating.
The Citaro's for the M1 are brand new and the Streetlites are not due for at least a couple of months, and no they are not behind schedule, the delivery date has always been around September/October.
[/quote]

Not long TBH the way the year is going, to fast..

Has anyone got info for the 20/56 decker's delivery date?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Re waggonway, I dont think the scanias would be painted up and then left on current route for 2 months, its more likely they'd go over sooner & speaking to cls supervisor it was anticipated vehicle moves were expected within 3 weeks. Take the highway scanias, they were painted up and operated from deptford for a few weeks before moving to gereshead, surely gne wont want to confuse Metrolink passengers by repainting the current fleet and then reintroduce tge metrolink branding on the citaros in 2 months time.
Didnt someone say the Citaros were currently being built?

Aye, the seating on those Scania's are better than anything on the Red Arrows, Citaros, Angel etc. Very nice indeed.