You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Stanley Travel
PB1107575/16 - STANLEY TRAVEL (NORTH EAST) LTD T/A STANLEY TRAVEL, 69 EDEN TERRACE, OXHILL, STANLEY, DH9 7LL

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Teams, Festival Park and Gateshead, Joesph Swan School given service number 856 effective from 01-Dec-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB1107575/17 - STANLEY TRAVEL (NORTH EAST) LTD T/A STANLEY TRAVEL, 69 EDEN TERRACE, OXHILL, STANLEY, DH9 7LL

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland interchange stand T. and Team Valley, Kings Way North given service number 939 effective from 01-Dec-2014. To amend Timetable.
Re: RE: Stanley Travel
(12 Dec 2014, 5:49 pm)Robert wrote M1 STX is at Volvo because it needs a new engine. It was loaded with approx. 310 litres of Petrol instead of diesel whilst on an overnight trip thing.
Ouch!
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
PB1107575/17 - STANLEY TRAVEL (NORTH EAST) LTD T/A STANLEY TRAVEL, 69 EDEN TERRACE, OXHILL, STANLEY, DH9 7LL

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sunderland interchange stand T. and Team Valley, Kings Way North given service number 939 effective from 02-Feb-2015. To amend Timetable.
Plaxton Elite J10STX has gone to Meridian Coachworks in York for repaint into Glenton Select livery.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(16 Feb 2015, 4:43 pm)aureolin wrote Stanley Travel have got a Nexus liveried MPD working the Durham Cathedral bus service (40) today.

OO05 STX. It can usually be found on service 23.
(16 Feb 2015, 5:46 pm)Robert wrote So that disease is spreading to other operators now...

Indeed. There's no logic at all is there?
I think Stanley Travel change one of the buses over on the Cathedral Bus service around lunchtime, not sure where the bus that gets taken off the 40 ends up going to though, the other day when I was in Durham they took the Solo SR off and replaced it with a Stanley Travel liveried Solo.
(16 Feb 2015, 9:42 pm)Jimmi wrote I think Stanley Travel change one of the buses over on the Cathedral Bus service around lunchtime, not sure where the bus that gets taken off the 40 ends up going to though, the other day when I was in Durham they took the Solo SR off and replaced it with a Stanley Travel liveried Solo.

A mealbreak does occur on the 40 so that could be why the buses get replaced since i can't think of a suitable place where they would be able to change over sufficiently, whether one of those vehicles goes back to the depot or goes back into service allowing the relief driver to head back to the depot.
I personally think the SR is too big for the streets heading up to the Cathedral. The 2 SRs they had on loan at the start were perfect.
(16 Feb 2015, 10:04 pm)Robert wrote A mealbreak does occur on the 40 so that could be why the buses get replaced since i can't think of a suitable place where they would be able to change over sufficiently, whether one of those vehicles goes back to the depot or goes back into service allowing the relief driver to head back to the depot.
I personally think the SR is too big for the streets heading up to the Cathedral. The 2 SRs they had on loan at the start were perfect.

One of the boards is too long for the electric Solos to work all day so that's why they need 3 buses. I'd imagine the "way of working" has stayed the same with diesel Solos

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(16 Feb 2015, 10:12 pm)tyresmoke wrote One of the boards is too long for the electric Solos to work all day so that's why they need 3 buses. I'd imagine the "way of working" has stayed the same with diesel Solos

Yeah, i was aware that there was a problem with the running time of the electric solos. I didnt think it would have stayed the same for the diesel buses though. I know there deffinitely is a mealbreak though.
Seen it a few times, but not clearly. I'd never been able to identify it on the fleet lists either.

Silver Solo YJ11 OJK.
Anyone know much about it?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Stanley Travel
(18 Feb 2015, 5:20 pm)Andreos1 wrote Seen it a few times, but not clearly. I'd never been able to identify it on the fleet lists either.

Silver Solo YJ11 OJK.
Anyone know much about it?

It has been to several different operatirs around the UK so i presume its either a loan vehicle or a denonstrator. It has been with Stanley Travel for a few months and has seen primary use on The Cathedral Bus.
It has been on the 452/968 whenever I have seen it.
It's always just the back end or a side view every so often over the last 4/5 weeks.
Volvo B7TL 6024 (LK03 NJV) now additionally sports the name of 'Alfie'
There is a sorocco with the registration[Image: arrow-10x10.png] GO64 STX - i cant find the original registration on here but i will find out

Few updates[Image: arrow-10x10.png] need performing on the fleet list:
  • MH07 EPY is now E2 STX
  • MX61 BCE is no longer in the fleet
  • Solo SR YJ11 OJK has joined the fleet
  • J10 STX has been repainted into grey (still awaits vinyls for Glentons)
  • 3  Electric Solos have left the fleet
  • S5 STX is plain white (ALX400 V146 LGC)
  • All Presidents are now in Stanley Travel livery
(27 Feb 2015, 6:06 pm)Robert wrote Volvo B7TL 6024 (LK03 NJV) now additionally sports the name of 'Alfie'
There is a sorocco with the registration[Image: arrow-10x10.png] GO64 STX - i cant find the original registration on here but i will find out

Few updates[Image: arrow-10x10.png] need performing on the fleet list:

• MH07 EPY is now E2 STX
  • MX61 BCE is no longer in the fleet
  • Solo SR YJ11 OHK has joined the fleet
  • J10 STX has been repainted into grey (still awaits vinyls for Glentons)
  • 3  Electric Solos have left the fleet
  • S5 STX is plain white (ALX400 V146 LGC)
  • All Presidents are now in Stanley Travel livery

I saw the Enviro on the 968 earlier this week, sporting E2 and the penny didn't drop at all, until you have just said.
As reported here, TX63 STX has been withdrawn following accident damage.
X2 STX now carries the name 'Lady Ann'
Scholars service 708 for Tanfield School has also been renumbered to 1195