Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

RE: Go North East
(03 Jul 2013, 3:30 pm)Daniel wrote
(03 Jul 2013, 3:18 pm)W179SCU wrote Hi - Does anyone know where 506 is likely to be?

506 is unlikely to appear now, unless she really needs to be out - you've left it too late now for it to be 'likely' to catch her out in-service, in my opinion.

Previously acting as the 238's allocated spare (from what I gather), "East Durham" MPD 540 has since been transferred to Deptford from Peterlee, so they have a branded spare now.

With one board now operated by Compass Community Transport, Go North East need not have one board operated by an MPD and the other by a "Nexus" SR, and as such, a yellow MPD has been freed up there.

All she should appear on, if anything, is Deptford's peak time Staff Shuttles. The likelihood of that happening is also slim, given that Deptford have seemingly ceased operation of their additional staff shuttle which used a bus.

I last spotted her last month on the 99, but before then, I've seen her work primarily on service 238, but on services 39 and 60 also.

Oh no - What about her seeing use on the 99? Undecided
I was told by a Deptford driver this afternoon that there was an RTA just outside of Durham City this morning and a rear wheel came off the bus on service 20, don't know if it was a prince bishop branded bus or normal bus, forgot to ask him as I only spoken to the driver for a brief time.

I know that Arriva service 22 and 24 were heavily delayed this morning by the RTA so must of been between Gilesgate and Durham Bus Station.

Anybody got any updates about what the fleet number was?.

03/07/2013 Odd Workings

5254 NK56 KJA GNE Cobalt Clipper Scania Omnicity on the Coaster Service 1 to Whitley Bay
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9203131558/

8320 NK11 FXC GNE Simplicity Optare Versa on the FAB56 Service 56 to Sunderland
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

4949 NK51 OLP GNE PoppyBus Wright Solar on the Tyne Tees Xpress Service X9 to Middlesbrough

4947 NK51 OLN GNE Highwayman Wright Solar on the 24 to Wrekenton

Also the Red Arrows Geminis have all from what I've seen had the blinds done and the Number is now similar to that on the Mercs on the 27, Obviously been done in the last two days as none of them were done on Monday. Although come to think of it there wasn't many 11reg Geminis on the X1 on Monday, as there was 4 Plaxton Presidents on in there place. Either way they've been done in the last few days.
(03 Jul 2013, 5:52 pm)cbma06 wrote I was told by a Deptford driver this afternoon that there was an RTA just outside of Durham City this morning and a rear wheel came off the bus on service 20, don't know if it was a prince bishop branded bus or normal bus, forgot to ask him as I only spoken to the driver for a brief time.

I know that Arriva service 22 and 24 were heavily delayed this morning by the RTA so must of been between Gilesgate and Durham Bus Station.

Anybody got any updates about what the fleet number was?.

I heard about the RTC on Leazes Bowl Roundabout this morning - but don't know what damage there was.

It must have been 1pm I drove through the area and there was no debris etc like there can be after a bump.
However as I was heading up the A690 towards the A1(M) a branded Prince Bishops was heading NIS towards Durham. He didn't seem to be in any rush...
I thought they had abandoned that idea as only several routes have been done. I still think the 35 should get the old style number back as the orangey colour looks horrible on the mercs.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
506 Green MPD was out yesterday, it was pulled in at the waiting are at the south side of Park Lane. Don't think she went on the 238 however, but she must of went onto a service that way so the 60/61/42/38/700. Was in Sunderland most of the morning and I saw it in a stand couldn't tell you wich one, possibly the 60 as I don't think she was the 61 saw most of their allocated vehicles (including my first ride on 100 years centenary bus).
Pleasing to hear there are no redundancies as a result of the OK1 withdrawal. Must have been a concern initially
It'll be interesting to see what the extra 3-4 minutes in the 'Crusader' 27 timetable will do to aid reliability. In my opinion, it's only really the Monkton Lane Estate - Jarrow section that's the 'problem' so to speak.
Site Administrator
From SPDs to a Versa, the short 39 runs were given a touch of class today while centenary Versa 8319 was allocated.
Just left Park Lane about 5 mins ago for anyone wanting a photo.

Repainted Northern Cadet 8273 on 38s for anyone wanting a photo. Also at Park Lane now.
(04 Jul 2013, 8:15 am)BJ10VUS wrote It'll be interesting to see what the extra 3-4 minutes in the 'Crusader' 27 timetable will do to aid reliability. In my opinion, it's only really the Monkton Lane Estate - Jarrow section that's the 'problem' so to speak.

Sorry, Monkton Lane Estate - Jarrow is not the problem (I live in that area).

My Opinion is South Shields to Jarrow due to high volume, which means that the mercs can't hope and i think they should have left the renown's . I think the 27X should have been SS-Jarow instead.
Maybe now the Tyne Tunnel issues are sorted, it is worth introducing some sort of additional service between Hebburn, Jarrow and Shields?

There isn't much of an alternative route for it to follow, so maybe some sort of limited stop, with the 27 left to pick up and serve locally.
Looking at the new timetables for upcoming changes

X9/X10 First run from Newcastle is gonna be 5:50am, the other earlier ones are from Gateshead Interchange at 5:10am and 5:35am

Blaydon Racers very early morning changes...

51/52 is going from every 20 mins to every 30 mins on a Sunday day time.

64/64A - First 2 runs at Gateshead Interchange is withdrawn first run is now 8am and not 6:55am...

95/95A/96 will start later than the current times..

97 - on a sunday 1 bus a hour will extend to Grainger Street MacDonald’s.

98 - on Sundays reduced to hourly - with the codes being on the timetable - runs as 98 only.

A - Between Broadway and Fellside Park (Thistledon Avenue) this journey runs via Fellside Road, Fellside Park Playing Field and Parkway.

B - This journey starts from the Fellside Park Playing Field bus stop, two minutes before Fellside Park Thistledon Avenue.

GNE getting bad at not telling us what the changes are for the full changes, bet quite a few people will be confused...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
"Coaster" branded OmniCity 5262 reported to be in the paintshop now, with the rest to follow suit also.
I'm sure someone will have a photo shortly to prove or disprove this! ;-)
(05 Jul 2013, 6:04 am)Daniel wrote "Coaster" branded OmniCity 5262 reported to be in the paintshop now, with the rest to follow suit also.

Interesting... What are they going into?
Site Administrator
(05 Jul 2013, 7:10 am)W179SCU wrote
(05 Jul 2013, 6:04 am)Daniel wrote "Coaster" branded OmniCity 5262 reported to be in the paintshop now, with the rest to follow suit also.

Interesting... What are they going into?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see! Wink

On another note, "Northern" B10BLE 4920 on short 39s today. Slightly nicer than a SPD I guess, but not as nice as a Versa.
I'd lilke to wildly speculate that the Omnicities are for the Waggonway Dodgy

Or a new Pronto. Shy

Or going Northern
(04 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm)Andreos1 wrote Maybe now the Tyne Tunnel issues are sorted, it is worth introducing some sort of additional service between Hebburn, Jarrow and Shields?

There isn't much of an alternative route for it to follow, so maybe some sort of limited stop, with the 27 left to pick up and serve locally.

I agree. Personally, I think if the 27X were to be extended to Jarrow (operating the same route as the 88 between Hebburn and Jarrow), with an estimated journey time of around 40 minutes, they could do a half-hourly frequency with 3 buses. Then again, it's all about getting the vehicles and seeing if it's profitable.
(05 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm)gtomlinson wrote I'd lilke to wildly speculate that the Omnicities are for the Waggonway Dodgy

Or a new Pronto. Shy

Or going Northern

Wasn't there rumour sometime ago about omnicities going on the Lime? Can vaguely remember the west Durham ones being demoed. Out and about at the moment so can't see the PVR for each.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(05 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm)gtomlinson wrote I'd lilke to wildly speculate that the Omnicities are for the Waggonway Dodgy

Or a new Pronto. Shy

Or going Northern

I reckon the 1 will get deckers of some sort - They won't be for the 'Waggonway', Scanias are going on the Waggonway.
Spotted in last hour - Cobalt Merc on X66, Beamish Renown on 44 (never seen vehicle before, nevermind on Diamond) and a NIS Drifter Versa heading to Durham outside the Ramside
Site Administrator
8319 on the 56. Just left Gateshead, bound for Sunderland.
Citylink Merc parked in Gateshead, presumably to replace the Cobalt Clipper Merc on next run.
(05 Jul 2013, 3:18 pm)W179SCU wrote I reckon the 1 will get deckers of some sort - They won't be for the 'Waggonway', Scanias are going on the Waggonway.

Unconfirmed speculation of course. Wink
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(05 Jul 2013, 3:34 pm)Daniel wrote 8319 on the 56. Just left Gateshead, bound for Sunderland.
Citylink Merc parked in Gateshead, presumably to replace the Cobalt Clipper Merc on next run.

Clearly not, as she's just gone out for another run!
Just casually going to add further flames to the already burning fire regarding the Omnicities. Few interesting comments on another forum which include.

Coaster Omnicities - few things mentioned
Apparently one is due to go red - Unconfirmed

By the sounds of it they are doing away with the brand but I haven't had that confirmed. Originally got told they were going Blue. Heard the extension to Wrekenton and Kibblesworth could be coming back too instead of extending the 24 to Newcastle. - Unconfirmed
Comments By Lee Paul Wardle

So that could mean an extra spare for the 9, with the ones to be painted blue going on either the FAB57 or Wheyaye50 and also mentioned further down is that the Ex Oxford Renown are due to be withdrawn at the end of the year.

On the other hand Chris White has said he heard that GNE are beginning to phase out some brandings in favour of more Northern buses. Coaster brand being one of them, which would then link together the two Lee made and the one Chris made.

Then those Oxford Renowns are to be replaced by the Omnicities on the Cobalt Clipper as apparently whoever runs the Cobalt what Deckers on the 309/310 due to Arriva having recently put deckers onto there 308 service. And also more space for advertising the Cobalt on the sides of the Bus also is another reason they want deckers. And according to Lee Paul Wardle these New Deckers are due in August.

Personally i'm not sure on how true the above is as this has all stemmed off a Coaster Omnicity going into the Paintshop. Pinch of Salt stuff atm, but nevertheless very interesting comments.
Could I throw a wild suggestion into the ring, given it seems people are jumping to conclusions that they are coming off 'Coaster' - could it simply be the Coaster brand is being updated and therefore the buses are being repainted?