You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2014

Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(06 Dec 2014, 12:49 pm)Michael wrote Ye, citaro said its likely to be down as one number, although its not gonna be as confusing the curre t laser services!

It doesn't include the 35A/36 on it?
The VOSA registration will be under one number, but the services will actually have different numbers.

Service 35 will commence from Boldon (morning/evening from Heworth as per current 29A) and run to Low Moorsley. Service 36 will commence from Town End Farm and run to Chester-le-Street.

I'd imagine the 35A route number will be given to Nexus secured runs which operate a different route once they've got to Park Lane?
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(06 Dec 2014, 12:49 pm)Michael wrote Ye, citaro said its likely to be down as one number, although its not gonna be as confusing the curre t laser services!

It doesn't include the 35A/36 on it?
The VOSA registration will be under one number, but the services will actually have different numbers.

Service 35 will commence from Boldon (morning/evening from Heworth as per current 29A) and run to Low Moorsley. Service 36 will commence from Town End Farm and run to Chester-le-Street.

I'd imagine the 35A route number will be given to Nexus secured runs which operate a different route once they've got to Park Lane?
RE: Go North East - Latest
(06 Dec 2014, 12:55 pm)Dan wrote The VOSA registration will be under one number, but the services will actually have different numbers.

Ye the ones on an evening/Sunday will be ones to Heworth, Houghton having a new link to Heworth on a evening/Sunday who would of thought, also Durham road having the link to Heworth for the first time?????? (Even if its just a evening and Sunday)

And looks like North Sunderland will get decent buses.

All we need now is the 38/238 changes to be confirmed.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(03 Dec 2014, 9:49 pm)Dan wrote Chester-le-Street has now sent another Volvo B7TL to Saltmeadows for repaint: this time in the form of 6036.

6036 has returned to Chester le Street followings its repaint. If anyone is after a photo 6036 can be found on X22 /14 last seen departing Chester le Strret, Red Lion around 10.50.
The 35A will be the evening and sunday service via silksworth as the new service 33 sunderland-silksworth-doxford park will be daytime in silksworth.

Variation Number

Status
Registered

Operator Name
GO NORTHERN LTD

Service Number(s)
35 (35A, 36)

Start Point
LOW MOORSLEY, FRONT STREET/CHESTER- LE- STREET

Finish Point
TOWN END FARM/BOLDON ASDA/HEWORTH INTERCHANGE

Via

Service Type
Normal Stopping

Date Received
28-NOV-2014

Effective Date
25-JAN-2015

End Date
-

TAOs covered by route
North East of England

Local Authorities covered by route
Durham County Council
Nexus (Tyne & Wear)

N&P Reference

(06 Dec 2014, 1:25 pm)cbma06 wrote The 35A will be the evening and sunday service via silksworth as the new service 33 sunderland-silksworth-doxford park will be daytime in silksworth.

Variation Number

Status
Registered

Operator Name
GO NORTHERN LTD

Service Number(s)
35 (35A, 36)

Start Point
LOW MOORSLEY, FRONT STREET/CHESTER- LE- STREET

Finish Point
TOWN END FARM/BOLDON ASDA/HEWORTH INTERCHANGE

Via

Service Type
Normal Stopping

Date Received
28-NOV-2014

Effective Date
25-JAN-2015

End Date
-

TAOs covered by route
North East of England

Local Authorities covered by route
Durham County Council
Nexus (Tyne & Wear)

N&P Reference

Mint, is that the one u got through email, as its not like that on the website one?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Dec 2014, 1:29 pm)cbma06 wrote you have to go onto VOSA more in depth

Ah right, ill give it ago later on, thanks for the posting the full one Smile 

It looks the 2A will get its own then as in that format for the 2, it only mentions that service for it.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Go North East - Latest
My journey to Gateshead on 6061 was very packed (thanks, NU!) - and people were being refused to board!

3983, 3965 and 6069 all running as a trio coming back from Gateshead to Chester. 6069 was regulated and sent back once they all arrived, as was 3983 - while 3965 was changed to display Durham (which 6069 was meant to do!) and went on it's way.
(06 Dec 2014, 9:43 am)Dan wrote Not sure what's up with the X9... Just seen two heading to Newcastle from Peterlee within five mins of each other.

Dupe service between Peterlee and Newcastle due to high passenger loadings.
Site Administrator
(06 Dec 2014, 4:04 pm)a718abb wrote Dupe service between Peterlee and Newcastle due to high passenger loadings.

Thanks - hadn't thought of it being a dupe with both vehicles being branded Volvo B9s!
Go North East - Latest
(06 Dec 2014, 4:21 pm)Dan wrote Thanks - hadn't thought of it being a dupe with both vehicles being branded Volvo B9s!

Saw 6044 leave on an X9 from Gateshead at about 13:00, then behind me, whilst on 3983, I also saw 6071 running behind us with quite a few passengers on but NIS on the blind.
(07 Dec 2014, 3:14 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I had 5279 yesterday on the 49B - sounded great, and I couldn't even tell that it had been re-branded! (Don't really pay much attention to repaints, to be honest!)

That is shocking Marcus  Tongue
(07 Dec 2014, 9:27 pm)gneasy91 wrote Why use double door  buses when they never use them either take the middle out and put a thew seats there

They did use them when they were on the 21. Unfortunately, a lot of bus stops in Tyne and Wear, were constructed without taking dual door operation into account. You can't open the middle doors if it's opening onto the front of a bus shelter or railings can you...

(07 Dec 2014, 9:30 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Haha I know! I only really listen to the Chester repaints! I'm terrible. Tongue

They look a lot brighter, and are without the stone chips from years on the road. Tongue
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
Volvo B12B/Plaxton Panther 7092 (K2 VOY) has now been repainted into Driver Trainer livery.
All buses missing out Sunderland hospital, person being knocked over, bloke in galls bus station said its not looking good for the person who has being knocked over.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Go North East - Latest
Just a small point from me:
On pretty much all of the Stanley renowns, the via point 'Sunderland Royal Hospital' has been replaced with Shiney Row instead. Havent been paying much attention to the chester renowns although the Solars havent been updated yet.
(08 Dec 2014, 4:32 pm)Michael wrote All buses missing out Sunderland hospital, person being knocked over, bloke in galls bus station said its not looking good for the person who has being knocked over.

All services that usually use Chester Road are diverting via Hylton Road and Kayll Road.  From what I could see coming home from work on a 16 at about 16.10, it appears an unbranded Silver Citaro and one of the Optare Solo SR hybrids with the 'Christmas In Sunderland' advert were involved in the accident.
Site Administrator
(08 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm)Peter B wrote All services that usually use Chester Road are diverting via Hylton Road and Kayll Road.  From what I could see coming home from work on a 16 at about 16.10, it appears an unbranded Silver Citaro and one of the Optare Solo SR hybrids with the 'Christmas In Sunderland' advert were involved in the accident.

Think this was 5320.
(08 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm)Peter B wrote All services that usually use Chester Road are diverting via Hylton Road and Kayll Road.  From what I could see coming home from work on a 16 at about 16.10, it appears an unbranded Silver Citaro and one of the Optare Solo SR hybrids with the 'Christmas In Sunderland' advert were involved in the accident.

oh dear that's not good
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm)Peter B wrote All services that usually use Chester Road are diverting via Hylton Road and Kayll Road.  From what I could see coming home from work on a 16 at about 16.10, it appears an unbranded Silver Citaro and one of the Optare Solo SR hybrids with the 'Christmas In Sunderland' advert were involved in the accident.

Not good. Hope everyone involved is OK.
It's probably worth putting a note up about this - http://www.simplygo.com/news/special-bus...ted-parks/. GNE will be running an 'EP1' shuttle between Gateshead Interchange, and the Durham Road/Joicey Road junction, every 15 minutes.

I'm thinking of popping through for some photos on the Thursday or Friday night, depending on weather.
Several disgruntled would-be TEN  passengers in Corbridge this evening.

Middle Street was closed to traffic for the late-shopping event 6pm to 8pm.

After the road closure was lifted by about 8:30 pm it was expected that buses would return to the village, but at 21:45 no buses have been seen (should have been 21:02 and 21:32), even though the village streets are now clear and deserted.

I've had to advise those waiting to walk over the bridge and catch the buses there as, even after 10pm (22:02 and 22:32) they might still not come into the village.