Menu

Pages (96)    146 47 4896   
best team in the north eastPoll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
sunderland
9 (50.00%)
newcastle
6 (33.33%)
middlesbourgh
0 (0%)
hartlepool
0 (0%)
gateshead
1 (5.56%)
south shields
1 (5.56%)
jarrow & boldon roofing
1 (5.56%)
other
0 (0%)
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
Adrian   07 Dec 2014, 12:09 pm
1-0 Gateshead.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
MrFozz   07 Dec 2014, 2:04 pm
2-0 at the end...

Well done Gateshead...a nice local derby against NUFC or SAFC would be nice
Adrian   07 Dec 2014, 2:13 pm
(07 Dec 2014, 2:04 pm)marxistafozzski wrote 2-0 at the end...

Well done Gateshead...a nice local derby against NUFC or SAFC would be nice

I'd love Blyth or Gateshead to get a draw against the SMBs, but if not that, I'd love them to get an away tie at somewhere like Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. Proper earner for them.

A Newcastle vs Gateshead/Blyth draw would also be interesting mind haha.

MrFozz   07 Dec 2014, 2:28 pm
(07 Dec 2014, 2:13 pm)aureolin wrote I'd love Blyth or Gateshead to get a draw against the SMBs, but if not that, I'd love them to get an away tie at somewhere like Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. Proper earner for them.

Knowing the footballing gods...Gateshead and Blyth will be drawn together...

Your right Newcastle v Blyth or Gateshead would be interesting I imagine quite a few skunks also like to watch Blyth or Gateshead...

The best ties financially are premiership away as gate receipts are split add to that if it is on telly it becomes a very lucrative day for your treasurer and bank manager
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   07 Dec 2014, 2:29 pm
(07 Dec 2014, 2:13 pm)aureolin wrote I'd love Blyth or Gateshead to get a draw against the SMBs, but if not that, I'd love them to get an away tie at somewhere like Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal. Proper earner for them.

Knowing the footballing gods...Gateshead and Blyth will be drawn together...

Your right Newcastle v Blyth or Gateshead would be interesting I imagine quite a few skunks also like to watch Blyth or Gateshead...

The best ties financially are premiership away as gate receipts are split add to that if it is on telly it becomes a very lucrative day for your treasurer and bank manager
Andreos1   07 Dec 2014, 8:25 pm
A home tie in the third round against a lower ranked team and then a 4th round tie against a big club.
It doesn't have to end in the 3rd round.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Tom   07 Dec 2014, 10:12 pm
How many red cards have there been this weekend?!!

Taylor, Austin, Chambers, Fabianski and Konchesky!
Andreos1   08 Dec 2014, 8:03 am
There were some during the midweek fixtures last week and the weekend before.

There often tends to be a peak at this time of the year. A few players in their autobiographies comment on how they would be suspended deliberately.
Have a look at Kevin Nolans playing record at this time of year too - never injured or dropped, but often suspended.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   08 Dec 2014, 9:07 am
(08 Dec 2014, 8:03 am)Andreos1 wrote There were some during the midweek fixtures last week and the weekend before.

There often tends to be a peak at this time of the year. A few players in their autobiographies comment on how they would be suspended deliberately.
Have a look at Kevin Nolans playing record at this time of year too - never injured or dropped, but often suspended.
Aye...it is so they can have Christmas off work Big Grin
MrFozz   08 Dec 2014, 9:08 am
(08 Dec 2014, 8:03 am)Andreos1 wrote There were some during the midweek fixtures last week and the weekend before.

It means they get Christmas off...

If I was a referee, I would look at card records and I would try hard not to book a player unless absolutely necessary Big Grin
MurdnunoC   08 Dec 2014, 9:42 am
Everyone should spare a thought this christmas for all these poor little overpaid child-like players.

Having to work to Boxing Day and New Years Day with no extra pay; being allowed only one glass of Maybach on Christmas Day instead of the usual bottle; being forced into deciding whether to spend the little time they have to themselves with the missus or the bit on the side.

It's tough being a footballer.
MrFozz   08 Dec 2014, 9:44 am
(08 Dec 2014, 9:42 am)AdamY wrote Everyone should spare a thought this christmas for all these poor little overpaid child-like players.

Having to work to Boxing Day and New Years Day with no extra pay; being allowed only one glass of Maybach on Christmas Day instead of the usual bottle; being forced into deciding whether to spend the little time they have to themselves with the missus or the bit on the side.

It's tough being a footballer.
Love it Adam...

At one time they used to play on Christmas Day...

IMO...they should play every day for the money they get
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   08 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm
FA Cup draw

Sunderland at home to Leeds
Newcastle away at Leicester.
Gateshead away at West Brom
Blyth home to Birmingham

MrFozz   08 Dec 2014, 7:25 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote FA Cup draw

Blyth home to Birmingham

The pick of the North East ties has to be Sunderland v Leeds...

Not bad draws for Gateshead and Blyth, I would fancy Gateshead as an outside chance at The Hawthorns, although I cant see a Blyth win against Small Heath...

Sunderland v Leeds for television perhaps???
Michael   08 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote FA Cup draw

Blyth home to Birmingham

Brill draw! 

Glad Bylth and Gateshead got good draws, could be pay day for them!

1973 FA final all over again! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   08 Dec 2014, 7:43 pm
Why do Celtic fans want to see Rangers as far away from the SPL as possible, and for as long as possible? The last good thing to happen in Scottish football was the last derby, and the next good thing to happen is going to be the cup derby at the end of Jan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   08 Dec 2014, 7:44 pm
Look what i found!

Leeds-Sunderland 1973 FA Cup Final - Full match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PpW0oH10Zw

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   08 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm)Michael wrote Brill draw! 

Glad Bylth and Gateshead got good draws, could be pay day for them!

1973 FA final all over again! Tongue
Gateshead got the best of the 2 because of the way the finances are dealt with

Gateshead are entitled to nearly just over 4,050 tickets out of 27,000 and the gate gets split 50/50

For Blyth, Birmingham will be entitled to 665 tickets out of 4,435...

As for Sunderland v Leeds, I wonder if SAFC will give them a a full allocation of 7,300...

The Home team has to be obliged to give the visiting teams up to 15% of tickets available...

FA Cup Rules and Regulations
MrFozz   08 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 7:43 pm)aureolin wrote Why do Celtic fans want to see Rangers as far away from the SPL as possible, and for as long as possible? The last good thing to happen in Scottish football was the last derby, and the next good thing to happen is going to be the cup derby at the end of Jan.

Maybe want Rangers out the way because Celtic will win mostly everything without Rangers Tongue In my own opinion I would not call the Old Firm a good thing, beacause of what fuels the rivalry...Im short,, politics and religion has no place in football
Adrian   08 Dec 2014, 7:54 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Maybe want Rangers out the way because Celtic will win mostly everything without Rangers Tongue In my own opinion I would not call the Old Firm a good thing, beacause of what fuels the rivalry...Im short,, politics and religion has no place in football

Politics are always going to have an influence in everything, as will religion, but I do know what you're saying. Looking at the football alone though, the SPL isn't a marketable concern without Rangers being there. There's not a single Scottish game (other than cup final) than I have any desire whatsoever to watch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   08 Dec 2014, 8:04 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 7:43 pm)aureolin wrote Why do Celtic fans want to see Rangers as far away from the SPL as possible, and for as long as possible? The last good thing to happen in Scottish football was the last derby, and the next good thing to happen is going to be the cup derby at the end of Jan.

The same could be said for all the Newcastle and Sunderland fans who want to see their rival team relegated. The best thing in North East football is the Tyne-Wear derby followed by the Tyne-Wear/Wear-Tees derbies depending on which team you support. 

Personally, I like to see all North Eastern teams do well. 
MrFozz   08 Dec 2014, 8:10 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 7:54 pm)aureolin wrote Politics are always going to have an influence in everything, as will religion, but I do know what you're saying. Looking at the football alone though, the SPL isn't a marketable concern without Rangers being there. There's not a single Scottish game (other than cup final) than I have any desire whatsoever to watch.
I see where your coming from mate, the Old Firm game is probably one of the highest profile derby games in the world and without it the SPLs status is widely diminished...It will probably not return full time any time soon, as Hearts may have something to say about that, there leading Rangers in the Championship.

I personally think Scotland have it wrong, the SPL end of season is daft, playing each other an odd number of times till the last 5 games, and more often than not, you see the team in 7th finishing with more points than 6th...

Also why have 4 national divisions, they need 4 national leagues as much as England need 5 national leagues, Scotland could get away with 2 divisions of 20/24
MrFozz   08 Dec 2014, 8:14 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 8:04 pm)AdamY wrote The same could be said for all the Newcastle and Sunderland fans who want to see their rival team relegated. The best thing in North East football is the Tyne-Wear derby followed by the Tyne-Wear/Wear-Tees derbies depending on which team you support. 

Personally, I like to see all North Eastern teams do well. 
I find Sunderland and Newcastle view Boro as a joke, Boro hate Sunderland and Newcastle, but Newcastle and Sunderland dont have the same hatred the other way and Boro fans hate it
mb134   08 Dec 2014, 8:27 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 8:10 pm)marxistafozzski wrote I personally think Scotland have it wrong, the SPL end of season is daft, playing each other an odd number of times till the last 5 games, and more often than not, you see the team in  7th finishing with more points than 6th...
How do the Scottish fixtures work, as they play 38 games each, against 11 teams?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   08 Dec 2014, 8:30 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 8:27 pm)mb134 wrote How do the Scottish fixtures work, as they play 38 games each, against 11 teams?

For the SPL, it used to be that each team plays each other 3 times. After that, the division is split in two, with the top half playing an additional fixture against other teams in that half, and the bottom half playing an additional fixture against teams in their half.

MrFozz   08 Dec 2014, 8:30 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 8:27 pm)mb134 wrote How do the Scottish fixtures work, as they play 38 games each, against 11 teams?
They play each other 3 times up to the end of March, then the League is split for the last 5 games...

It is split top 6/bottom 6

The teams then play the teams in the section once more...

11x3 games plus 5 post split gives you 38 games

And as I said earlier, we normally see 7th finish with more points than 6th place, totally absurd in my opinion
Adam   08 Dec 2014, 8:35 pm
Quite pleased with Gateshead's draw away to West Brom. Should be a canny day out.

What's interesting with West Brom though is that they are struggling in the Premier League (currently 16th) and the fans are starting to get frustrated with the team and the manager, so is it feasible to suggest that West Brom could potentially play a weakened side against Gateshead in order to save their better players for PL matches, increasing their chances of survival in the league?
MurdnunoC   08 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm

They used to play each other four times during the season. New rules were implemented this season in which teams are now relegated from the second division into the non-league pyramid (and vice versa) - so it may be slightly different. The SPL has a weird set up where the top six and bottom six clubs play only each other towards the end of the season to determine seed positioning.   
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   08 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 8:35 pm)Adam wrote Quite pleased with Gateshead's draw away to West Brom. Should be a canny day out.

What's interesting with West Brom though is that they are struggling in the Premier League (currently 16th) and the fans are starting to get frustrated with the team and the manager, so is it feasible to suggest that West Brom could potentially play a weakened side against Gateshead in order to save their better players for PL matches, increasing their chances of survival in the league?
All I say to that...

Remember Luton Town

They beat Norwich at Carrow Road a few years ago...

A draw would be good result, dont think WBA would be too hyped up for a replay in deepest darkest Tyne and Wear
MurdnunoC   08 Dec 2014, 8:41 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm)marxistafozzski wrote All I say to that...

Remember Luton Town

They beat Norwich at Carrow Road a few years ago...

A draw would be good result, dont think WBA would be too hyped up for a replay in deepest darkest Tyne and Wear

Add to that Newcastle's record against lower league sides in recent times. 

Gateshead advancing into the Fourth Round at the expense of a Premier League side isn't as daft as it seems.
Pages (96)    146 47 4896