You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Christmas 2014
Maybe this is one for younger members, but what is anyone hoping to get for Christmas this year?

A new camera? A PS4? Money? A Key Card top up?

Personally I'd like my Grandad back! First year without him and it'll be quite strange without him. Fortunately, he left all four of us quite a bit of money to sort of 'compensate' (as he would put it!) the loss this year! Generous guy. Smile
RE: Christmas 2014
Not a big fan of Christmas I'm afraid. There's too much pressure placed upon people over the period which seems to grow year upon year as shops encourage you to buy, buy, buy. If not managed accordingly, things can become extremely difficult within the new year as the cost of Christmas catches up. To those still young enough to receive presents, please spare a thought for your parents.
Christmas 2014
I'm personally after a PS4 with a couple of games in a really good bundle! Along with an extra game and a PS4 gift card. Also Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for the 3DS.

Magazine subscriptions to Railways Illustrated, Buses, Modern Railways and Hornby as well.

Finally, three or four models. Namely the T&W PTE Leyland Olympian on the 57 as well as the T&W PTE Leyland National. (I think it's the single door one!) - if I remember correctly I also put one of the angel's on there, but my mam told me (she's not good with computers, that's basically what my dad does for the whole festive period!) she couldn't work out how to get it (she doesn't understand what 'pre-order' means, lol) so she asked me if there was anything else I wanted, or if I just wanted the money to buy one when they're out.

So basically, just games, subscriptions and a few models for me! When I go into detail, I seem so lucky. Puts things into perspective anyway!

Just to add - my mam is flamin' nuts! I think I've mentioned before I have a little puppy, she's already bought him four or fives coats, including a tartan of all things, and 'Christmas-flavoured' food....probably getting more money spent on him than me! haha
(06 Dec 2014, 11:02 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I'm personally after a PS4 with a couple of games in a really good bundle! Along with an extra game and a PS4 gift card. Also Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for the 3DS.

Magazine subscriptions to Railways Illustrated, Buses, Modern Railways and Hornby as well.

Finally, three or four models. Namely the T&W PTE Leyland Olympian on the 57 as well as the T&W PTE Leyland National. (I think it's the single door one!) - if I remember correctly I also put one of the angel's on there, but my mam told me (she's not good with computers, that's basically what my dad does for the whole festive period!) she couldn't work out how to get it (she doesn't understand what 'pre-order' means, lol) so she asked me if there was anything else I wanted, or if I just wanted the money to buy one when they're out.

So basically, just games, subscriptions and a few models for me! When I go into detail, I seem so lucky. Puts things into perspective anyway!

Just to add - my mam is flamin' nuts! I think I've mentioned before I have a little puppy, she's already bought him four or fives coats, including a tartan of all things, and 'Christmas-flavoured' food....probably getting more money spent on him than me! haha

Good choice, and yep it's single door. I meant to upload these when you first made the post, but today is the first chance I've had to take a few photos.

.jpg 06.jpg

.jpg 05.jpg

.jpg 04.jpg

[attachment=6162]
.jpg 02.jpg
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Christmas 2014
(10 Dec 2014, 2:39 pm)aureolin wrote Good choice, and yep it's single door. I meant to upload these when you first made the post, but today is the first chance I've had to take a few photos.

Got the idea from you actually, Adrian! Saw them in one of the posts in the Model Buses thread and thought they looked an interesting pair that are compatible together. Smile

I've never really bothered with models up until now, when those two Angel B5s were announced I decided to take the plunge! Smile
On a slightly related note, the message above the door on the front of the National remained on them until withdrawal on some examples - although it was very faint in the end.

I believe attempts were made to disguise the message in later years.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(24 Dec 2014, 2:42 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Out of interest, what does everyone have with their Christmas dinner?

My family have always been a turkey bunch, but my grandad always used to pre-cook it. Now that we don't have him this year, I think we're having turkey but with a selection of chicken and beef, etc.

We have Turkey, we used to have Turkey and Pork when my Grandad was alive, as he didn't like Turkey.

Last year we had the 4 meat one, which included chicken, turkey, duck and goose, it was quite nice, it was different. 

I can't wait for mine this year, i normaly have a dinner every week but some reason, Christmas is the main wait for me,My favirote part of my Christmas Lunch is the Pig and Blankets...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Christmas 2014
(24 Dec 2014, 2:47 pm)Michael wrote We have Turkey, we used to have Turkey and Pork when my Grandad was alive, as he didn't like Turkey.

Last year we had the 4 meat one, which included chicken, turkey, duck and goose, it was quite nice, it was different. 

I can't wait for mine this year, i normaly have a dinner every week but some reason, Christmas is the main wait for me,My favirote part of my Christmas Lunch is the Pig and Blankets...

I do like the little pigs in blankets, always have a handful on my plate.

I tend to have three or four slices of meat, couple of Yorkshire 'puds', mashed potato, carrots, mushy peas, the stuffing and boiling potatoes. And gravy, of course! Wink
Always a turkey, whether at mine or the folks.
They used to have a ham joint alongside it, but always seems to be beef these days.

Sprouts are always there, but I tend to leave mine...
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(24 Dec 2014, 2:53 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I do like the little pigs in blankets, always have a handful on my plate.

I tend to have three or four slices of meat, couple of Yorkshire 'puds', mashed potato, carrots, mushy peas, the stuffing and boiling potatoes. And gravy, of course! Wink

Can't forget the gravy! 

I normally have mash and Roasties =) 

Lmao we should all upload our Christmas lunch's on here tomorrow! Tongue 

(24 Dec 2014, 2:56 pm)Andreos1 wrote Always a turkey, whether at mine or the folks.
They used to have a ham joint alongside it, but always seems to be beef these days.

Sprouts are always there, but I tend to leave mine...

Omg i hope my dad gets Gammon this year 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
My Family always has a Chicken Dinner with all the trimmings, with exception of me as I am a fussy eater, I dont like Potato or Carrots etc, Well Veg in General although I dont mind Peas, but I will quite happily substitute them for Waffles or Smiley Faces, A weird one I know, I usually have extra Stuffing/Yorkshire Puds and Pigs in Blankets to make up for the lack of food on my Plate.
(24 Dec 2014, 3:08 pm)Malarkey wrote My Family always has a Chicken Dinner with all the trimmings, with exception of me as I am a fussy eater, I dont like Potato or Carrots etc, Well Veg in General although I dont mind Peas, but I will quite happily substitute them for Waffles or Smiley Faces, A weird one I know, I usually have extra Stuffing/Yorkshire Puds and Pigs in Blankets to make up for the lack of food on my Plate.

I'm quite fussy with veg, i'm 23 and just started to eat turnip haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(06 Dec 2014, 10:29 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Maybe this is one for younger members, but what is anyone hoping to get for Christmas this year?

A new camera? A PS4? Money? A Key Card top up?

Personally I'd like my Grandad back! First year without him and it'll be quite strange without him. Fortunately, he left all four of us quite a bit of money to sort of 'compensate' (as he would put it!) the loss this year! Generous guy. Smile

The 1st Christmas and Birthday is always the hardest, but the pain will ease over time, it will be a decent enough christmas keeping his memory alive...

I went through similar in 2005, lost a friend in April, my Granddad in September and Uncle 3 weeks after my Granddad, but I got through it with funny stories and funny memories about him...

I am getting 2 Darlo shirts, a google chromecast for my telly, couple pair of pants Big Grin

Christmas for me has become too commercial in recent years, another money making machine(Black Friday, Cyber Monday(whatever it is called), we lose sight of what Christmas is about...FAMILY, if my family and friends are ok and in good health then it don't matter about much else...Gifts are an added bonus...

I am surprised I haven't become a Jehovahs Witness by now, as, for years I never believed in Xmas Big Grin
(24 Dec 2014, 4:55 pm)MrFozz wrote The 1st Christmas and Birthday is always the hardest, but the pain will ease over time, it will be a decent enough christmas keeping his memory alive...

I went through similar in 2005, lost a friend in April, my Granddad in September and Uncle 3 weeks after my Granddad, but I got through it with funny stories and funny memories about him...

I am getting 2 Darlo shirts, a google chromecast for my telly, couple pair of pants Big Grin

Christmas for me has become too commercial in recent years, another money making machine(Black Friday, Cyber Monday(whatever it is called), we lose sight of what Christmas is about...FAMILY, if my family and friends are ok and in good health then it don't matter about much else...Gifts are an added bonus...

I am surprised I haven't become a Jehovahs Witness by now, as, for years I never believed in Xmas Big Grin

I have lost much of my joy for Christmas over the last few years, although this may be in part being down to me getting older.

I do feel that Christmas is becoming far too commercial - it seems like Christmas seems to pop up around October time and by November 1st all shops have all the Christmas stuff in and blaring all the Christmas music and all the Christmas adverts seem to pop up earlier and earlier each year.

I do like getting things for Christmas but these days I look forward to spending time with my family and stuffing my face with food.

Also I went to Middlesbrough yesterday and I moved out of the way for hundreds of people and not a single person thanked me, talk about the time for good will and festive cheer.
Marxista Fozzski
(24 Dec 2014, 5:19 pm)Jimmi wrote I have lost much of my joy for Christmas over the last few years, although this may be in part being down to me getting older.

I do feel that Christmas is becoming far too commercial - it seems like Christmas seems to pop up around October time and by November 1st all shops have all the Christmas stuff in and blaring all the Christmas music and all the Christmas adverts seem to pop up earlier and earlier each year.

I do like getting things for Christmas but these days I look forward to spending time with my family and stuffing my face with food.

Also I went to Middlesbrough yesterday and I moved out of the way for hundreds of people and not a single person thanked me, talk about the time for good will and festive cheer.

I know exactly what you mean mate...It is a pain in the arse...Seems the retail industry revolves round different events

1st week in January preparing for Valentines Day, Mothers/Fathers Day sales get dragged out for about 6 weeks, once September comes it is Halloween stuff and Christmas anywhere from Mid-October
(24 Dec 2014, 5:49 pm)MrFozz wrote I know exactly what you mean mate...It is a pain in the arse...Seems the retail industry revolves round different events

1st week in January preparing for Valentines Day, Mothers/Fathers Day sales get dragged out for about 6 weeks, once September comes it is Halloween stuff and Christmas anywhere from Mid-October

Yep, money grabbing retailers.

Some places even have Easter eggs out on the shelves on Boxing Day.
(24 Dec 2014, 2:42 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Out of interest, what does everyone have with their Christmas dinner?

My family have always been a turkey bunch, but my grandad always used to pre-cook it. Now that we don't have him this year, I think we're having turkey but with a selection of chicken and beef, etc.

We normally have turkey and gammon - I normally have roasties, stuffing, carrots, broccoli, mash, Yorkshire puds, pigs in blankets alongside the two meats.
I don't like sprouts, or cabbage, so don't have them like everyone else. Then it's normally a Chesapeake to finish off, as I'm not a big fan of Christmas Pudding, and neither is my Uncle. 

Beef, Gammon, Pigs in Blankets, Yorkshire Puds, Roast Parsnip, Sprouts, Peas, Carrots, Cabbage, Mashed Potato, Roast Potatoes, Turnip, and stuffing.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Christmas 2014
(24 Dec 2014, 7:36 pm)Tom wrote We normally have turkey and gammon - I normally have roasties, stuffing, carrots, broccoli, mash, Yorkshire puds, pigs in blankets alongside the two meats.
I don't like sprouts, or cabbage, so don't have them like everyone else. Then it's normally a Chesapeake to finish off, as I'm not a big fan of Christmas Pudding, and neither is my Uncle. 

A Chesapeake? What the hell is that?! Tongue

(24 Dec 2014, 7:51 pm)aureolin wrote Beef, Gammon, Pigs in Blankets, Yorkshire Puds, Roast Parsnip, Sprouts, Peas, Carrots, Cabbage, Mashed Potato, Roast Potatoes, Turnip, and stuffing.

Very nice. Smile - can't forget the stuffing! Wink
(24 Dec 2014, 8:54 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote A Chesapeake? What the hell is that?! Tongue
I don't know what the hell it is either! The bloody damn spellcheck.
Should say cheesecake.