Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2013

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East
Adam, I believe Chris White only meant that the 61 is allocated "SimpliCity" Versas at the moment - as a temporary measure. The service itself does not fall under that brand.
(11 Jun 2013, 9:15 pm)Andreos1 wrote How many 'clippers' were there when the branding was launched?
Obviously Doxford Clipper is still about (just), the Team Valley Clipper didnt last long. Just remembered the Cobalt too.
Was there any other services which fell into that brand or was it just those three?

Just those three. As for 'Team Valley Clipper', that arrived in early 2009 (I think), so it lasted at least a good three, (nearly four) years

(11 Jun 2013, 9:15 pm)Andreos1 wrote re vehicles being painted before a service launches - the X1 had all sorts of different colour Omnicities running about on it before the Citaro's arrived.

Same with the Sunderland-Newcastle X2 - many pink Omnicities - although I think the X1, X2 and X3 all interworked at that point?
The X3 wasnt introduced until late 2006/early 2007 and was usually worked by whatever Washington had spare inc initially the Sxxx OFT Olympians as well as a Solo for a short working between The Galleries and Houghton.
DAF's, the acquired Darts and the last remaining Delta were also used. It tended to work alone and then it began to interwork with the X4 when that was introduced.

I can never remember the Omnicities on them and to be honest, they probably would have been away to the other depots by that point.
Site Administrator
The final "Doxford Clipper" branded MPD (605) is still with Deptford.

SimpliCity 8329 is on 700s again. It has just left the Travel Hub - bound for Clanny House.

As is 8326 - at Park Lane now, bound for Royal Hospital.
Few things on VOSA yesterday...

PB0002400/492 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between SEABURN WHITBURN ROAD and SILKSWORTH CHURCH VIEW given service number 99 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Route.

PB0003954/559 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Hexham Bus Station and Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 10/10A/10B/11A effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/570 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: NEWCASTLE CENTRAL STATION
Finish Point: NEWCASTLE AIRPORT TERMINAL
Via: ST JAMES METRO
Service Number: X901
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 04-AUG-2013
Other Details: TO RUN DAILY UNTIL 30TH AUGUST 201
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jun 2013, 7:40 am)Michael wrote Few things on VOSA yesterday...

PB0002400/492 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between SEABURN WHITBURN ROAD and SILKSWORTH CHURCH VIEW given service number 99 effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Route.

PB0003954/559 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Hexham Bus Station and Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 10/10A/10B/11A effective from 28-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/570 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: NEWCASTLE CENTRAL STATION
Finish Point: NEWCASTLE AIRPORT TERMINAL
Via: ST JAMES METRO
Service Number: X901
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 04-AUG-2013
Other Details: TO RUN DAILY UNTIL 30TH AUGUST 201

I'm guessing the metro is off towards the airport throughout August then?
Major Line Closure on Metro for 27 days in August:

Nexus is to embark on one of the biggest and most complex modernisation projects in the history of the Tyne and Wear Metro this summer, meaning the busiest section of line will be closed for 27 consecutive days.

The multi-million pound works involve a major line closure between Haymarket, Airport and Four Lane Ends, 4-30 August. This will be the longest line closure since Metro began in 1980.

Frequent replacement bus services will be provided during the line closure, calling at or near stations on the affected route and there will be an Airport shuttle bus and extra Metro trains around the coast.

http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/2013/major-...ays-august

(12 Jun 2013, 1:02 pm)Liam wrote The end of the Doxford Clipper is here. 605 is at Saltmeadows, being preloaded for repaint. 606 is now back in service in Northern brand.

Yes on the MPD's it is, it'll be reinstated on something different in a few weeks. Otherwise GNE wouldn't of created an updated Doxford Clipper Timetable.
Site Administrator
I believe 547 replaced 605 today - though it is possible I could have worked out the timings incorrectly!
Odd workings today:
8326,8329 on the 700
8306 on the 20
5209 on the 38
510 on the 26
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Unidentified Cobalt Clipper Omnicity on the Coaster 1 service in Gateshead about 12:30-12:45ish today.
3963 Tyne Tees Express is on the 24. Arrived at Wrekenton just now.

An unidentified Highwayman was also in Wrekenton a short while ago. Not sure if it was a scholars or covering a Versa on the Orbit.

A Crusader Citaro is on the 92 to Wardley. Aint been around these parts for a while, so don't know if its unusual - but the 92 used to interwork with a scholars service
Reporter
(13 Jun 2013, 8:01 am)Wellsey18 wrote Would of been rarer if it had been a CC citaro instead, seems that omnicities can all turn up on any Percy main route now

can happen ive seen it happen before September last year
4837 ventured onto the X25 this afternoon. Also, a QuayLink Versa drove past my school at about 1:45pm. I don't know whether that was heading to Wrekenton to cover for an Orbit Versa, or whether it was on a road test.
3880 on the 40 this morning, i like how it still retains its old interior!! This is the problem with the removal of Spd's from Percy main because now the only reserves they have are lolynes, or omnicities, i suppose this issue will be solved when the newer vehicles come in the other depots and older vehicles get pushed to Percy
(13 Jun 2013, 3:47 pm)Acky81 wrote What's the 99 route amend ?

It no longer serves Sunderland City Centre and instead runs from Silksworth to Seaburn via Royal Hospital.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Yes that was VOSA months ago. There is a new as yet unknown (unless anyone else on her knows) route amendment.
Can someone explain to me why go north east dont use Scania anymore saw something about something happening in winter but wasn't sure what was meant haha
When we had a bad winter a few years ago, there were a number of issues with vehicles from the Stanley depot. Parts were needed and promised, weren't delivered and it had a major impact on services in the area.

A statement was put out by GNE saying sorry etc.
Although no manufacturer was specifically mentioned, it became common knowledge and wasn't hard to work out, based on the vehicles based at the depot and the ones which were off the road, that allegedly Scania were at fault.

Since then, no Scania vehicles have been purchased. Whether that has anything to do with Scania not supplying parts or GNE proffering other manufacturers, who knows...

Obviously Alwxander have an interest with Stagecoach, so GNE won't touch their vehicles. There was also something said about another coach builder/manufacturer when Arriva vans were turning up to do work on them at Saltmeadows. I don't know the full ins and outs of that one, so may be wrong.
Arriva are the uk dealers for VDL, i would assume its the reason why most of the gne intake will be from volvo & mercedes.
603 NK54 NTX GNE Northern (Ex Doxford Clipper) Dennis Dart MPD on the 39 to Pennywell
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9042615065/

522 NK51 MKE GNE East Durham Dennis Dart MPD on the Drifter Service 60 to Parkside
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

537 NA52 AWZ GNE East Durham Dennis Dart MPD on the Simplicity Service 42 to Silksworth

3963 NK06 JXB Go North East Tyne Tees Xpress Wright Gemini on the 24 to Wrekenton (Yesterday)

Over 100 more photos to come once I have taken/found the perfect photo to be Number 1000 as I'm on 999 Now.
Nobody seems to know the amendment to the 99 route? It's not Silksworth to seaburn as that was 2nd June change!! Seen a packed 39 cadet this vehicle is best suited on this route
The ex-GNE Caetano Compass darts have been reduced in sale price to £7000 by Ensign Bus if anyone wishes to preserve one Big GrinBig Grin

On a side note I saw a plain white 52 reg DAF Mylennium (not a typo) making its way through the traffic on St James' Boulevard in town today. Wasn't aware of any of these locally
(14 Jun 2013, 8:11 pm)Acky81 wrote Nobody seems to know the amendment to the 99 route? It's not Silksworth to seaburn as that was 2nd June change!! Seen a packed 39 cadet this vehicle is best suited on this route

It's Seaburn - Fulwell - Southwick - Witherwack - Downhill - Town End Farm - Hylton Castle - Castletown - Hylton Riverside - Enterprise Park - Pallion - Barnes Park - Silksworth

From my interpretation it's goes the normal way into Sunderland City Centre but turns right at Sunderland Uni where the accommodation is and then follows the route of the 20 through to Silksworth.

or Alternatively

Comes long by the Royal Hospital and instead of turning Right to go towards town it goes straight accross the Traffic Lights and follows the 35 route through to Silksworth via Barnes Park.

It's one of the two, Picked up the Timetable from Park Lane today, so I took the info from there. Hopethis helps.

What's wrong with Optare Versa 8319 (Centenary Bus) because all i'm hearing/reading is it is Poorly. I would like a prognosis of what is wrong with it, i.e. Engine Fault, because Poorly isn't helpful to me or others who have asked in previous posts.