You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - December 2014

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - December 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
7513 was on the X21 earlier. Either that, or 7507 which was immediately behind, was running upwards of 20 minutes late, the other was running a few minutes late also. The bus heading towards Ashington at around the same  (didn't catch fleetnumber, but it was a 57-plate) was also 20 minutes late. 
(19 Dec 2014, 9:15 pm)mb134 wrote 7513 was on the X21 earlier. Either that, or 7507 which was immediately behind, was running upwards of 20 minutes late, the other was running a few minutes late also. The bus heading towards Ashington at around the same  (didn't catch fleetnumber, but it was a 57-plate) was also 20 minutes late. 

Traffic's been a nightmare today, and will be every day in the run upto Christmas I am sure. Our 5s have been running upto an hour late today!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(19 Dec 2014, 9:29 pm)tyresmoke wrote Traffic's been a nightmare today, and will be every day in the run upto Christmas I am sure. Our 5s have been running upto an hour late today!
Was thinking about that, did start to wonder when I was seeing number 2's running over 10 minutes late, as we all know what Blyth do to keep things on time Wink  1733 was running light through Bedlington, it looked like it was headed to Morpeth. I'm assuming this would have missed the run to Morpeth out and picked it up on the way back? 
(19 Dec 2014, 9:34 pm)mb134 wrote Was thinking about that, did start to wonder when I was seeing number 2's running over 10 minutes late, as we all know what Blyth do to keep things on time Wink  1733 was running light through Bedlington, it looked like it was headed to Morpeth. I'm assuming this would have missed the run to Morpeth out and picked it up on the way back? 

Not sure, could be a million reasons, but it would be likely.
As an example, here's my times from this morning in Middlesbrough
Dep (act dep) / Arr (act arr)
9 1010 (1022) / 1108 (1122)
27A 1118 (1126) / 1217 (1246)
9 1225 (non op) / 1323 (1326)

(19 Dec 2014, 9:50 pm)tyresmoke wrote Not sure, could be a million reasons, but it would be likely.
As an example, here's my times from this morning in Middlesbrough
Dep (act dep) / Arr (act arr)
9 1010 (1022) / 1108 (1122)
27A 1118 (1126) / 1217 (1246)
9 1225 (non op) / 1323 (1326)
Oh dear, is there any possibility that companies could place notices on vehicles/ social media alerting passengers that the buses are running late due to traffic? I know that when I had to get a bus into Bedlington from Newcastle the other day, and some of the passengers that were on for a shorter journey than me, that boarded after the traffic, were complaining about the lateness. It wasn't the fault of anyone, just a combination the traffic and traffic lights not going in our favour...
Arriva did post on Facebook that services on Teesside were running 30 minutes late today.

It wasn't the only place to have problems, it seems like Arriva's Darlington - Aycliffe services had problems, the 7 wasn't helped that some chavy looking morons decided to park opposite a bus stop on Stephenson Way and sure enough within a minute a passenger wanted to be off the 7 at that stop and it caused a roadblock and then the 7 driver had to wave at about 10 cars to apologize for blocking them because of other peoples stupidity, they also left the windows wound down.
(19 Dec 2014, 9:59 pm)mb134 wrote Oh dear, is there any possibility that companies could place notices on vehicles/ social media alerting passengers that the buses are running late due to traffic? I know that when I had to get a bus into Bedlington from Newcastle the other day, and some of the passengers that were on for a shorter journey than me, that boarded after the traffic, were complaining about the lateness. It wasn't the fault of anyone, just a combination the traffic and traffic lights not going in our favour...

There should be messages on social media at least, but it depends on the inspectors etc having time to post stuff in between sorting all the drivers and buses out I guess. The live map is always handy to keep an eye on, I know we've been using it heavily as drivers this week trying to find out whether our bus is on time or (very) late

RE: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings
(20 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm)John_R wrote 1798 on X66 today.
4812 left Faverdale this morning on a low loader.

4651 left Faverdale on Thursday morning on tow to Smiles Engineering as well.

(20 Dec 2014, 8:59 pm)tyresmoke wrote 4651 left Faverdale on Thursday morning on tow to Smiles Engineering as well.

1798 replace 4655 which the warning buzzer was on and the driver refused to take it so the x66 board got the 14 shuttle bus that operates between town and skerne park 

4651 is goosed engine wise when it broke down the other week all its oil went into parts of the engine it shouldn't have, the engineer that tried to fix it put 15 litres of oil in and that just got to the mark that it needed to be but it was too late it had already cooked the engine

4812 don't know where that's gone (hopefully to be scrapped)
Just to let you know that, an as yet unidentified, Arriva Enviro 200 was seen passing my office after 9am heading towards Durham Bus Station N.I.S. Might be useful if anyone is in the vicinity.
A Pulsar and Solo were on the 64 when I popped to the Arnison Centre earlier on.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(23 Dec 2014, 10:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote A Pulsar and Solo were on the 64 when I popped to the Arnison Centre earlier on.

At least it's the school holidays so there will have been no trying to cram on at Framwellgate Moor on a Solo.

Either 2835 or 2836 was on the X66, trust me to get that one!
2864 was on the 1/5A.
(23 Dec 2014, 10:44 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Reminds me, I saw a Pulsar over in Sunderland today. Couldn't work out if it was on Service X21 or Service 22.

Probably the 22.

Unless the ex demonstrator EcoCitys continue to be utterly useless and not really suited to the 21/X21.
(23 Dec 2014, 10:46 pm)Jimmi wrote At least it's the school holidays so there will have been no trying to cram on at Framwellgate Moor on a Solo.

Either 2835 or 2836 was on the X66, trust me to get that one!
2864 was on the 1/5A.

2836 was on the X66 today.

(23 Dec 2014, 10:44 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Reminds me, I saw a Pulsar over in Sunderland today. Couldn't work out if it was on Service X21 or Service 22.

What time did you see it?
If it was around quarter-past, it might have been the X21. 
(23 Dec 2014, 11:35 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I'd say around 11:15 entering Park Lane, 11:20 exited?

Sounds like the 23 then!
(23 Dec 2014, 11:35 pm)Tom wrote What time did you see it?
If it was around quarter-past, it might have been the X21. 

All the 21s and X21 were gas bus operated today with 4811,4812,4813,4814 all on it 
4652 worked a trip on service 5 tonight replacing 1512. Supposed to be the 1700 out of Middlesbrough but didn't run, he left about 1730. Worked the 1829 (last one) back from Easington to Middlesbrough tonight.
MPD appeared on X66 at some point too.

(24 Dec 2014, 8:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote 4652 worked a trip on service 5 tonight replacing 1512. Supposed to be the 1700 out of Middlesbrough but didn't run, he left about 1730. Worked the 1829 (last one) back from Easington to Middlesbrough tonight.
MPD appeared on X66 at some point too.

4652 had been replaced on 21As earlier by 4001, likewise due to a late arrival in Middlesbrough an hour later, 4506 went out to replace 4654 I think.
1791 was the MPD, while 'X1' Pulsar 1405 also appeared on X66 by late afternoon.
4501 has just replaced 1910 on 7s, while 1449 is making an odd Saturday appearance on the 6
Solo 2868 on 1/5/5A.

I guess the Solo's will be regular stand ins with the (final) demise of Darts at Darlington. Not sure as to the suitability of ex-park and ride vehicles for such duties with their reduced seating capacity.
(27 Dec 2014, 4:07 pm)9920up wrote Solo 2868 on 1/5/5A.

I guess the Solo's will be regular stand ins with the (final) demise of Darts at Darlington. Not sure as to the suitability of ex-park and ride vehicles for such duties with their reduced seating capacity.

I imagine the ex Durham Park and Ride Solos will most likely be used on Darlington Town services like the 3/19 and 4 and they only have 1 less seat than the MPDs.

Sadly Darlington loosing the older Darts to other depots and withdrawal and 1410 and 1424 to Belmont Depot in exchange for Omnicitys 4643 and 4646 so unfortunately the allocations of Solos on the 1/5/5A will probably continue until the X1 MAX StreetLite's arrive.